users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » H2H from C to A.... seriously? Oo
H2H from C to A.... seriously? Oo
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-03-01 08:13:03  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
HELL YEAH! BOUT TIME SE GAVE US PUPs H2H A SKILL!!!

I wanna see decently geared Stringing pummel PUP parsed in a meripo now, should be sic with the upgrade and the auto dmg.
 Fairy.Kelvinclein
サーバ: Fairy
By Fairy.Kelvinclein 2010-03-01 08:22:54  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
"MNK can reach haste cap
PUP cannot"
If you want to be technical, neither job can if you want to exclude /drg, if not excluding /drg, both jobs can.
My war can!>O lolblitz ring!
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 08:27:55  
I don't need a lolblitzring to plow your face in at high speed like Mike Tyson and his speed bag.
 Fairy.Basilo
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-03-01 08:36:38  
Im thinking its bad idea to start on magic skill merits for pup till the new lvl caps and whatnot has been confirmed possibly wont need max merits or any at all in skill to achieve the highest lvl spells.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-01 08:51:38  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Im thinking its bad idea to start on magic skill merits for pup till the new lvl caps and whatnot has been confirmed possibly wont need max merits or any at all in skill to achieve the highest lvl spells.
Too late for me, already capped magic and ranged skill. D:
Like I said in another thread regarding the 75+ caps.
Wondering if/what the automaton will learn after Blizzard IV, Thunder I'm guessing, but after that?
Ancient magic maybe? Just throwing out ideas. :3
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-01 08:52:36  
if Drille could use Ancient magic, then that will be a good a reason as any to go into magic as PUP, other than that, I'm staying with melee.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-01 10:20:11  
Fairy.Kelvinclein said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
"MNK can reach haste cap
PUP cannot"
If you want to be technical, neither job can if you want to exclude /drg, if not excluding /drg, both jobs can.
My war can!>O lolblitz ring!
Can only cap it as much as mnk can, which isn't the true cap. I can get 25% haste in gear np. But to actually reach 25% haste, you need 26% haste in gear. Each % haste on most gear isn't an entire % haste it's a fraction of a haste like .9something, so to reach the true cap, you need 26% haste in gear.
 Pandemonium.Griss
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Griss
By Pandemonium.Griss 2010-03-07 10:41:47  
mnk will have one thing on pup for perpetuity, the ability to not be destroyed like a house of cards in a light wind storm.

mnk is going to retain its niche places i have a feeling though i will be on pup for most things save for salvage after the update.
 Cerberus.Jiko
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Jiko
By Cerberus.Jiko 2010-03-07 11:10:56  
PUP > MNK in salvage nao amirite?
 Caitsith.Scritch
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Scritch
By Caitsith.Scritch 2010-03-07 14:10:06  
Not unless PUP suddenly gets Counter, Counterstance, Penance, and 20% native Subtle Blow, not to mention all the relatively minor things like HP Boost, Dodge and Chakra.

MNKs are really used for their ability to be an effective tank, DD, and to a much smaller extent the ability to function without armor for the first floor. PUP simply isn't going to tank after this update. We don't have enmity generation methods, we don't have any damage reduction abilities aside from Evasion Bonus.

PUP>MNK for damage in Salvage, maybe. But bringing a DD who doesn't tank into Salvage is usually a spot better served by bringing another healer, buffer, or a DD that can tank.
 Dar
By Dar 2010-03-17 13:53:51  
I think it's really stupid that puppetmaster get a A for hand to hand. I mean what were you guy's complaining so much that puppetmaster get's better then monk? Puppetmaster should be a B with hand to hand. Quit crying about puppetmaster not being able to solo, or just stop being idiots and fighting creatures that are to strong for you.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-17 13:55:48  
Dar said:
I think it's really stupid that puppetmaster get a A for hand to hand. I mean what were you guy's complaining so much that puppetmaster get's better then monk? Puppetmaster should be a B with hand to hand. Quit crying about puppetmaster not being able to solo, or just stop being idiots and fighting creatures that are to strong for you.
Crying about people crying, I love it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-17 13:56:47  
Dar said:
I want my 30 seconds and 10 IQ points back.
 Asura.Goldie
サーバ: Asura
user: Goldia
By Asura.Goldie 2010-03-17 16:41:11  
Im just afraid SE fear us and they give us the, ohh you guys do too much damage now, lets downgrade them again,like they did with MM. What I'm wondering is PUP at 99 our automaton would have 1mil Hp or something ,lol atm mine get 1900 HP on full valor and some HP set. If they fix def to a good point we got outself a super tank ,lol atleast situational
They do need to add some new attachments like a dispel, meditate and add some stuff to the job like SAVED configurations for sets cause it sucks changing attachment everytime u decide another frame. Also a command similar to bst SIC/READY for WS would be the one of the best additions they could ever make that way you can save tp till 300 or self SC with Magic burst w/o having to depend completly on pet behavior.
By Tirantus 2010-03-18 11:54:49  
I think the h2h skill raise for pup was a matter of future necessity. Think about it, at lvl 99 the difference in pup C- and a mnk A+ in h2h skill would be absurd. It would make it almost impossible for the pup themselves to do much dmg in the new end game.

I'm assuming pup will have an A- skill. Even then the difference between A- and A+ at 99 will be pretty big. So it's not a far cry to say in the bigger picture mnk's aren't very threatened by this.
By Raldo 2010-03-18 12:31:15  
Tirantus said:
I'm assuming pup will have an A- skill. Even then the difference between A- and A at 99 will be pretty big. So it's not a far cry to say in the bigger picture mnk's aren't very threatened by this.
There are only two A ratings, regardless of what you call them, they cap at 276 and 269. Monk H2H skill caps at 269, and if they give PUP an A skill, it will also cap at 269. Unless they add additional weapon skill tiers post-75, then PUP and MNK H2H skill will be identical.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 12:32:40  
Should be more or less even grounds. Mnk has 20% higher attack speed from martial arts alone, yet alone the amount more they'll have w/ 25% haste vs w/e haste the pup has. So if the mnk is 20-30% higher than the pup, the maton would have to be a minimal of 1/3 a mnk, which is possible, but I don't see it going further beyond that. So I'd say they'd be more or less on even grounds.
 Hades.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Hades
By Hades.Darkanaseur 2010-03-18 12:37:08  
Raldo said:
Monk H2H skill caps at 269

?
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 12:38:34  
Raldo said:

wrong
By Raldo 2010-03-18 12:49:16  
Really? Damn, I'm a 75 monk and HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE then. My H2H merits and whatnot have got me all kinds of messed up the.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 12:59:56  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Raldo said:

wrong
mine cap at 286 with H2H merits
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 13:21:06  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Raldo said:

wrong
mine cap at 286 with H2H merits
Sure, if your h2h merits are lv 5
 Odin.Ravax
サーバ: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2010-03-18 13:24:52  
Wow. Every single person here has like completely forgotten about the Martial Arts difference. Even with the increased H2H skill (which has been such a long time coming it's ridiculous - even a nonpup should be able to see that), Pup will attack much slower than a monk will.
 Fairy.Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-18 13:38:09  
Quote:
Wow. Every single person here has like completely forgotten about the Martial Arts difference.
6 posts above yours dawg
 Odin.Ravax
サーバ: Odin
user: Ravax
By Odin.Ravax 2010-03-18 13:39:37  
Must've missed it. ;o My bad. Still. This update is like exactly what I've been waiting for to have an excuse to level pup.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:09:36  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Odin.Ravax said:
This update is like exactly what I've been waiting for to have an excuse to level pup.

Do us PUPs a favor and just don't, ty in advanced.
I agree with Spicy, if you wanna be a douchenozzle, go level bangwagonSAM or some ***
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2010-03-18 14:12:24  
I don't have Pup lvled to anything significant, but noticed that those who did always seemed to be getting flamed!

Does that make this less likely now?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:24:02  
Gilgamesh.Schmule said:
I don't have Pup lvled to anything significant, but noticed that those who did always seemed to be getting flamed!

Does that make this less likely now?
its just a matter of the PUP haters vs the PUP lovers.

Like everyone with sense would say, PUP has its ups and downs, just like any other job.

After the update, other DDs will have to try harder to keep their numbers up against PUP.

I personally love PUP