フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » H2H from C to A.... seriously? Oo
H2H from C to A.... seriously? Oo
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
Game: FFXI
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-03-18 14:26:05  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Gilgamesh.Schmule said:
I don't have Pup lvled to anything significant, but noticed that those who did always seemed to be getting flamed!

Does that make this less likely now?

No because the players who were there when we did not have cure 5, blizzard 4, armor piercer, or when the skills of the puppet were all lower are going to flame the new people. Go look at allakhazam the flaming started the day of the announcement.

These people who want to level PUP are the ones who put it down for years, told us we are not welcome in pts or meripos, and did not let us come to events as it. They want to level the job now?

If anyone wants to have me come along for a Suzy Q or Byakko before the update the 22nd I will outparse most of your LS (if not all) as PUP/WAR to prove that point. Last Byakko I did I came in 2nd on them all because the SAM who came in first was getting support from a relic horn bard. A player has to be decked out to beat a good and well educated PUP on such things and the master is not what is doing most of the damage. All these gear boosts to the master over time are not what even makes it outparse.

This is also partly why I am outraged. PUP gets super powers and suddenly the jobs hidden superiority at aspects of this game is out in the open and as a job we now get this *** of "WOAH COME EAT AT THE COOL KIDS TABLE NOW!!!"

So bitter people like me are going to in-fight with all the PUPs.
Drille has no problem using Cannibal Blade on a noob PUP, he's grown fond of blood over the last few months.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Midgardsormr.Seanr
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Seanr
By Midgardsormr.Seanr 2010-03-20 03:17:48  
To hell with all bandwagoneers.
I've been playin on and off since beta. BLM was my only job for the longest until ToAU came out and I instantly jumped on BLU and PUP, took a break after ToAU shortly came out though. Came back and started leveling BLU and PUP and couldn't believe all the hate on PUP. Our day has come... off our job "nubs"
 Phoenix.Ingraham
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Ingraham 2010-03-20 03:51:06  
Man, I was gonna level PUP prior to this VanaFest 2010 deal, but now I don't want to out of fear of being put on the same level as a serial rapist.
 Midgardsormr.Seanr
user: Seanr
By Midgardsormr.Seanr 2010-03-20 14:39:42  
lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Remora.Scampi
サーバ: Remora
user: scampi
By Remora.Scampi 2010-03-22 10:34:01  
pup going from C to B+ not A
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 10:34:32  
SquareEnix said:
Hand-to-hand combat rating has been raised from rank C to B+.
Anyone else rage after them getting our hopes up?
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2010-03-22 10:34:40  
Remora.Scampi said:
pup going from C to B not A

PWNED!
 Remora.Dubont
サーバ: Remora
user: Dubont
By Remora.Dubont 2010-03-22 10:34:55  
Remora.Scampi said:

Yep...either SE lied (again) or someone is bad at translating.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-03-22 10:36:51  
Remora.Dubont said:
Remora.Scampi said:
Or they changed there mind after all the raging
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 10:38:28  
Remora.Dubont said:
Remora.Scampi said:

They also lied when they said CoP would be fun and exciting, that's when I learned SE is pretty much full of crap. Anyway, wouldn't that put PUP at about the same as RDM has in Dagger/Sword?
 Unicorn.Straadin
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Straadin
By Unicorn.Straadin 2010-03-22 10:38:48  
Well, they said A-. But... There isn't really an A- rank. Or at least, no jobs make use of the A- rank. There exist plenty of A's and A+'s, but no A-'s. So B+ was probably closest to what they were thinking.
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2010-03-22 10:39:43  
so what would B+ skill be then and what would a pup be able max it to qith mrerits and gear?
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 10:42:28  
Unicorn.Straadin said:
Well, they said A-. But... There isn't really an A- rank. Or at least, no jobs make use of the A- rank. There exist plenty of A's and A 's, but no A-'s. So B was probably closest to what they were thinking.

As a DRK main, from the GS DRK days, I'm rather familiar with A- Greatsword. But that's beside the point. I guess it won't be THAT bad, but my hopes of using some STR build on PUP is now shattered to half STR, half ACC.

EDIT: B+ caps at 256 at 75, Asuran Fists is 250, PUP still may get Asuran Fists. >.>
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-22 10:48:30  
Unicorn.Straadin said:
Well, they said A-. But... There isn't really an A- rank. Or at least, no jobs make use of the A- rank. There exist plenty of A's and A 's, but no A-'s. So B was probably closest to what they were thinking.
?

Rng has a- marksmanship and archery
Bst and war have a- axe, ect.
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 10:49:52  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Unicorn.Straadin said:
? Rng has a- marksmanship and archery Bst and war have a- axe, ect.

I thought they originally said A, not A-.
 Midgardsormr.Sahagin
user: Sahagin
By Midgardsormr.Sahagin 2010-03-22 10:51:30  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Unicorn.Straadin said:

As a DRK main, from the GS DRK days, I'm rather familiar with A- Greatsword. But that's beside the point. I guess it won't be THAT bad, but my hopes of using some STR build on PUP is now shattered to half STR, half ACC.

EDIT: B caps at 256 at 75, Asuran Fists is 250, PUP still may get Asuran Sists. >.>
I Doubt they'll let us equip the trial weapon. :S
+ I like Stringing Pummel more! D:
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-03-22 10:51:56  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Unicorn.Straadin said:
? Rng has a- marksmanship and archery Bst and war have a- axe, ect.

I thought they originally said A, not A-.
They did, an it would have been the first A i've heard of. Straadin should have said there's no A's not that there isn't any A-'s and would have been correct.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-03-22 10:54:23  
Phoenix.Kojo said:
EDIT: B caps at 256 at 75, Asuran Fists is 250, PUP still may get Asuran Fists. >.>
And nothing of value was gained?
 Siren.Talonn
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Talonn 2010-03-22 10:54:35  
only going to a B+ now ^^

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/verup/ff11us/detail/5338/detail.html
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-03-22 10:55:38  
SE did say A for pup h2h skill after update, but there is no "A" skills. Only A+ and A-, so B+ is fine. I'm pretty damn happy about it, because I get more hp+ (I'm assuming thats the boost to auto-repair kit) and more mp+ (mana tanks) and better def+ for my pup so he doesn't die in 3s every besieged. My 75 pup has some h2h skilling to do now, and for once I'm looking forward to skilling up lol.

On a side note..wtf is the deal with puppets being able to GET AGGROED in besieged? Like wtf, seriously lol. I hope thats adjusted some day lol.
 Phoenix.Kryptik
user: phawk23
By Phoenix.Kryptik 2010-03-22 11:25:52  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

On a side note..wtf is the deal with puppets being able to GET AGGROED in besieged? Like wtf, seriously lol. I hope thats adjusted some day lol.
I always thought that was dumb you will be skilling up and BAM!! Auto is dead....
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-03-22 11:34:01  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

The mobs are programmed to go straight for NPCs when players have no hate on them, Automatons are, for some reason, placed in this 'NPC' grouping.