PLD + Hauby, Yay Or Nay?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD + Hauby, yay or nay?
PLD + Hauby, yay or nay?
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-07 16:09:39  
Or that, but if you wanna keep it simple then windower macros are just like normal macros except you can fit more into them.
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 16:11:55  
spellcast is simple if you've done any type of coding/programming, even if you haven't, lol. neither are necessary at all, they just make everything so much easier.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 16:28:10  
I don't like spellcast because I'm too situational for it. It can't read a current parse and swap my gear based on the current results of that parse.
 Lakshmi.Ezekryu
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ezekryu
By Lakshmi.Ezekryu 2010-05-07 16:31:30  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
I don't like spellcast because I'm too situational for it. It can't read a current parse and swap my gear based on the current results of that parse.

Yeah, that's one of the faults of it for melee DD. You can make certain rules that has Spellcast swap to a TP set depending on what mob you're currently fighting (e.g. my SAM set switches to high accuracy vs Byakko) but outside of that you'll have to have the .xml file open and ready to edit + reload.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 16:32:36  
but, you can set it up to manually do that. you set up multiple groups with different gear under the same or different rules and fflop it on a macro, it's only limited by how far you want to go.

a group is a list of gear sets that rules have access to (which they use is defined by you). groups can be named differently and rules can be specified to work under a specific group or all of them. there is no limit to the number of groups you can use so you can set up as many as you'd like (multiple gear sets with varying acc, eg; low acc, med-low acc, med acc, med-high acc, high acc. you can even lump in your hnm tanking groups in there). the only thing is that you need to manually change the group (not sure if you can make rules that will change your group dependant on enemy, but you can create multiple sets within the group and do so, it just takes a bit more complicated rules to handle it all).
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 16:41:24  
Leviathan.Abriel said:
but, you can set it up to manually do that. you set up multiple groups with different gear under the same or different rules and fflop it on a macro, it's only limited by how far you want to go.
Yes, but the rules dont' get specific enough for how I play. Again, I prefer to do things w/ windower macros.

For example, with greater colibri, sure I know their exact values and know exactly what I want to use. When it comes to things like limbus or dyna, w/ mobs w/ unknown stats, I decide how much acc i want to use by the hitrate I'm parsing. Spellcast can't do that.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 16:45:41  
how are you set up to accomodate that? I just use different groups for the most part.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 16:46:38  
I have about 8 sets w/ varying levels of acc, and if one doesn't fit my situation, I find what does, and edit one of my existing macros to match that situation.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-07 16:50:08  
hmm, spellcast certainly can work that our for you man. If you bother enough.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 16:53:59  
Remora.Laphine said:
hmm, spellcast certainly can work that our for you man. If you bother enough.
Unless it can specifically read a parse, then no, it can't. I don't know the relevant stats to ***like
Swypestix Tigershins

and various other random mobs to program spellcast on which set to use. I go by the parse, really. I could see spellast working out for stats of mobs I know, but when just randomly going out there, I don't see how it's gonna work out.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 16:55:40  
ah, that's kind of what I was trying to explain with groups, you don't even need to edit your macros, just type in the group name (//sc group "name") and SC handles the rest.

within the groups you have your basic sets which can be edited (if you want to keep rules simple you use multiple groups with slightly varying gear for each set). for melee rules you can get away with one set for all groups pretty easily as you just have abilities, WSs and possibly a few simple spells.

basically it's the same concept, but instead of editing all your macros, you type in which group to use.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 16:58:18  
Also, does the thing even read debuffs? I know it can tell if you have focus up, or if you have haste/zerk because that's physically on you. Let's say I have a diff set when the mob is dia II'd from when the mob is dia III'd, is it going to pick up things like that? I'm VERY situational. I'm always changing gear as the situation dictates.

Hell, I even come to the point to where I look at my last hit of tp from 85-90 range and if a couple points of stp would make the difference, then I swap in some of that.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-05-07 17:00:33  
yeah, but you dont need to read a parse do you? unless you are fighting something new. Sure there is the whole random level that mobs have, but even a parse wont solve that against a completely new target. I mean if you are parsing something for 3 hits and decided around something like this: "oh on this one i have capped acc, then ill set my capped acc macro". Surely 3 hits is not enough to account the actual evasion of a mob.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 17:02:56  
No, but it would take too long to gather all the data for mobs that don't have known stats. Let's say I do limbus. There's an entire floor of [insert mob here]. Going by the current parse, I can decide what I want to use. Let's a month later we do the same run but now I'm using different food on this run (let's say i went from pizza to meat). Then the data I collected from before is going to be useless to me now.

Also, the stp thing i edited into my last post.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 17:13:17  
it can handle player status (buffs, tp, hp, mp), but not enemy status (I know there's a way to set it up so you can use multiple sets for the same action by your choice, but forget how it works or how to set it up exactly). the only problem you'll probably run into is getting the more advanced rules to work properly as the explanation on the site doesn't define everything clearly, so it can take a bit of work, but in the end it just simplifies things once it's set up.

if anything, I think just using groups to define the gear sets w/o using rules would atleast eliminate the need for you to completely edit your macros for different enemies.

this is just a suggestion that may make things easier for you, that's pretty much why these programs exist, lol.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 17:16:28  
The thing is though it really doesn't make anything easier for me. Unless it's going to ws automatically for me, I'm still only pressing one button to do it in both situations. The most it can do is match my current efficient. I don't see how it could expand on it, when me and it would do the exact same things (pick gear based on the situation).

And it seems it doesn't handle the mob's situation either, I'll change ***up depending on what kind of debuffs the mob has and again, I really do love to swap something like white tathlum in when I know having it on for that last round would make the diff in hitting 100tp or not.

If I just wanted to play basic and not go into the level of complexity that I do, then I'd def go out and get spellcast.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 17:20:17  
the main concern I was referring to was that you said you edited your macros on the fly at times, by using just spellcast groups you could reduce the need to edit possibly a full set macros to typing in one line.

basically set up multiple groups with the same set names, but have varying gear within the sets among the different groups, eg; 8 groups for different acc ratings, but 3 sets for the same action within each group, one for no atk buffs/debuffs, one for atk buffs, one for both buffs/debuffs.

of coruse how helpful this would be all depends on how you have your macros set up. do you use multiple macros for the same action under different situations or edit one accordingly?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 17:24:20  
It's pretty rare I do it though. Like I said, I have 8 tp sets. The amount of time I spend occasionally changing it, add all the times I've had to do it so far in this game and you'll come up w/ less total time than it'd take me to create a spellcast for my character. And again, I'm really big on the TP thing. Can you program spellcast to do that? For example, the majority of the time, I use Rajas/Toreador on mnk. Depending on the number of misses, double attacks, and kick procs, rajas can save me an attack round to 100 tp and other times it will not. So, for example, if I find myself sitting on 95 tp that would have been 100 because i missed, or 90 but i da'd/kicked, Rajas won't save me a hit to the next attack round, so for the next round, I macro in my second toreador's ring for more accuracy.

If spellcast can do that w/o me eyeballing my TP, then I'm sold. If not then meh
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 17:30:32  
yeah, you can set up a set of rules to change gear dependant on character status (buffs/tp/hp/mp). I'm just not too sure if the instance you're talking about requires a manual trigger as I haven't tried it myself (the closest I've used is a rule that doesn't change gear for WSs unless tp is at a certain value to prevent possibly attacking early in gear with +slow on it). and I edited my last post a bit.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 17:33:13  
I use macro master in addition to manual macros from in game and windower macros with both of those. My JAs and things that require simple swaps or none at all are in my ingame pallet. The ones w/ major swaps, I use macro master and click the macro I want w/ my mouse. I already have my different set ups on macro master. Like I have a complete set for meriting, a salvage set, ect. Between ingame and macro master on the side, I have 40 macros avail at a time.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 17:35:45  
ah k, now that I understand your setup, yeah, there's probably very little spellcast rules can help you with, aside from automating a few simpler things.

if anything, using spellcast groups would only eliminate the need for macro master and windower macros, but over all take a bit more effort from typing in the group to be used instead of clicking which though macro master.
 Shiva.Darkshade
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkshade 2010-05-07 17:52:47  
Lakshmi.Ezekryu said:
Or you can use Spellcast to macro in entire gearsets for fastcast, TP, enmity, shield skill for specific spells.
This all the *** way. Spellcast is a godsend to this macro heavy heathen of a game.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 18:03:52  
Shiva.Darkshade said:
Lakshmi.Ezekryu said:
Or you can use Spellcast to macro in entire gearsets for fastcast, TP, enmity, shield skill for specific spells.
This all the *** way. Spellcast is a godsend to this macro heavy heathen of a game.

yeah, but if you check out the way Tiger's got his all set up, it's probably a bit easier than SC with the depth he goes into, lol.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-07 18:12:17  
I thought the rule of FFXI was if you can equip Haub/+1, you better have it, no exceptions.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 18:13:47  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I thought the rule of FFXI was if you can equip Haub/ 1, you better have it, no exceptions.
Not really
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-07 18:15:14  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I thought the rule of FFXI was if you can equip Haub/ 1, you better have it, no exceptions.
Not really

Just a fabrication by a consortium of wealthy Smithies then?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 18:17:58  
Nah, just the existence of adaman hauberk, lol. I sure wouldn't wear a haub+1 over it!
By Alaik 2010-05-07 18:22:06  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Avalon Breastplate is a hybrid piece; not the best in the slot for anything (I don't think?). Big waste of gil unless you get one given to you.

AND it looks ugly.

-MDT if you don't have Valhalla or Nocturnus, I believe, that's about it.

Agreed entirely on the second point though, Scorpion Breastplate go!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-05-07 18:23:30  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Nah, just the existence of adaman hauberk, lol. I sure wouldn't wear a haub 1 over it!

I still keep Haub+1 on standby for when the dream ends and I realize I really didn't get Adaman Hauberk those months ago.

Seriously though, nowadays, the NQ is a *** steal (Hell, the HQ is a steal now too), it's worth the -1 inventory just incase you decide to go do "One to Be Feared" or some ***. Since SE decided that Level-sync gear scales as well as a diabetic's blood sugar after pie.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-07 18:29:36  
you'll do better with byrnie on one to be feared in particular, evasion on all enemies is floored

in general hauby is a phenomenal piece of gear though, level sync or no