PLD + Hauby, Yay Or Nay?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD + Hauby, yay or nay?
PLD + Hauby, yay or nay?
 Asura.Othirin
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: scapular
By Asura.Othirin 2010-05-07 18:45:24  
I dont see how anyone could say Byrnie is better then haube+1 for tp, i mean you dont see any DD job running around with it why would you TP on pld in it???
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 18:46:30  
Asura.Othirin said:
I dont see how anyone could say Byrnie is better then haube 1 for tp, i mean you dont see any DD job running around with it why would you TP on pld in it???
He was giving a specific situation, one where enemy evasion is floored. aka, you couldn't uncap acc if you tried.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-07 18:47:07  
Asura.Othirin said:
I dont see how anyone could say Byrnie is better then haube 1 for tp, i mean you dont see any DD job running around with it why would you TP on pld in it???
You should probably read his post again.
Tigerwoods said:
Macro Master
Never seen this before, the version on windower forums up to date or is there a more recent version?
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 18:49:00  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Othirin said:
He was giving a specific situation, one where enemy evasion is floored. aka, you couldn't uncap acc if you tried.

oh man, I stared at your avitar (just noticed it) while reading that... hahaha
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 18:53:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Asura.Othirin said:
You should probably read his post again.
Tigerwoods said:
Macro Master
Never seen this before, the version on windower forums up to date or is there a more recent version?
Not sure tbh, I haven't updated mine in forever though. Apnea, the ap-radar guy makes it, so I'd imagine you could get it on his forums.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-07 18:59:56  
Asked because I didn't see it on his forums but found a circa 2008 version on windower forums. Don't see why it wouldn't though.

EDIT: Windower site's link is broken lol
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-05-08 02:47:36  
pm me if you need a copy, i have it

haven't used it post-spellcast though
[+]
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-09 22:46:02  
Someone commented on it earlier but for almost anything you're going to use your PLD on in a group will have capped or near capped accuracy on you (with a few exceptions of course). -20 Evasion takes you from, at best, 10% evade rate to a 5% evade rate.
 Bismarck.Aryden
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-10 12:29:03  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
The thing is though it really doesn't make anything easier for me. Unless it's going to ws automatically for me, I'm still only pressing one button to do it in both situations. The most it can do is match my current efficient. I don't see how it could expand on it, when me and it would do the exact same things (pick gear based on the situation).

And it seems it doesn't handle the mob's situation either, I'll change ***up depending on what kind of debuffs the mob has and again, I really do love to swap something like white tathlum in when I know having it on for that last round would make the diff in hitting 100tp or not.

If I just wanted to play basic and not go into the level of complexity that I do, then I'd def go out and get spellcast.

I use it and yes it can ws for you if you want. The way i have mine setup is with 9 different sets, then on top of that, i have variables that regulate major pieces such as bodies, idle/kite sets etc. I basically sat down and wrote out every feasible situation i could be in, then wrote out all my sets, then wrote out my variables and conditions. There isnt much you cant do with it at this point if you just sit down and think it through. I have it set so that if i try to cast a spell and i am silenced, it will cancel the spell, use an echo drop. I have it set so that not only will it macro in buff dependant gear, but stay in that gear as long as a specific buff is active, as in Valor surcoat for cover. I have it set to read what i have in other slots, locking slots based on TP/MP/HP amounts, and alos based on Mob Hp amounts, such as certain mobs who spam deadly tp moves at certain HP%'s so that i idle in a set that will keep me alive.

Like i said, there isnt much you cant do with it if you but bother to think it through and edit on a regular basis to make sure you have it setup right.

White tathlum.... Youre giving up L.kaman +1, Cerberus bow, etc to have store tp +2 in? With -2 enmity? HUH??? Any situtation where you are HNM tanking seriously, youre going to have most likely a joyeuse + haste + 2x march which means youre spamming swings as it is, that Store TP +2 doesnt do ***for you.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-10 12:54:58  
Mind giving me that variable? (I still can't figure out how to use 'em) I'll get the surcoat soon enough and would like to know how to get that to work.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-10 13:04:19  
Quote:
White tathlum.... Youre giving up L.kaman +1, Cerberus bow, etc to have store tp +2 in? With -2 enmity? HUH??? Any situtation where you are HNM tanking seriously, youre going to have most likely a joyeuse + haste + 2x march which means youre spamming swings as it is, that Store TP +2 doesnt do ***for you

Lamian Kaman +1 is almost negligible, Cerberus Bow is meh... you can swap into something without -enmity on it for stuff that generates significant enmity (meleeing does not). White Tathlum is best in slot there.
 Sylph.Sindri
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-05-10 13:13:58  
Homam corazza if your relying that much on shield process rate that 6 AGI will kill you, if not haub is good, though that nocturnus mail is pretty hot aswell.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-10 18:23:20  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
White tathlum.... Youre giving up L.kaman 1, Cerberus bow, etc to have store tp 2 in? With -2 enmity? HUH??? Any situtation where you are HNM tanking seriously, youre going to have most likely a joyeuse haste 2x march which means youre spamming swings as it is, that Store TP 2 doesnt do ***for you

Lamian Kaman 1 is almost negligible, Cerberus Bow is meh... you can swap into something without -enmity on it for stuff that generates significant enmity (meleeing does not). White Tathlum is best in slot there.

Store TP +2 raises your base tp gain with Joyeuse from 6 to 6.1, SE rounds down, therefor, the Store TP +2 from the white tathlum does ABSOLUTELY nothing for you. All youre getting is -2 emnity, the MP and HP arent going to matter unless youre macroing it in for a cure cheat and then only the HP matters, but again, youre losing 2 enmity. ANYTHING else is better than -2 in that instance hence L.Kaman or cerb bow or for that matter an Aumonier.

@Tora i'll PM you the rules.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-10 18:25:06  
The first decimal is retained for TP values, you just can't see it.
Sylph.Sindri said:
Homam corazza if your relying that much on shield process rate that 6 AGI will kill you, if not haub is good, though that nocturnus mail is pretty hot aswell.
If you're that worried about shield procs, one or more of the following should occur:

1) wear something other than Haub/Homam when shadows are down (Ares, Darksteel (+1), MBody, Valhalla)
2) work on your tanking
3) change jobs
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-10 18:25:36  
Quote:
Store TP +2 raises your base tp gain with Joyeuse from 6 to 6.1, SE rounds down,

Negatory comrade. TP is calculated to one decimal place, but you don't see any on your screen.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUU Nightfyre
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-10 18:37:18  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
Store TP 2 raises your base tp gain with Joyeuse from 6 to 6.1, SE rounds down,

Negatory comrade. TP is calculated to one decimal place, but you don't see any on your screen.

EDIT: FUUUUUUUUUUUU Nightfyre

Sorry Comrade i just walked outside rng/sam and burned a bird,
with just /sam and +5 store Tp, i have 17.7 tp return for a 6 hit build, with your logic, every 10 shots i should get an extra 7 tp returned. it doesnt. Tp is rounded down to whole numbers whic is why you need 17 tp per hit to get a 6 hit build, not 16.6666

Again, store tp +2 on a white tathlum does absolutely NOTHING for you in this situation.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-10 18:40:02  
You're still wrong.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-10 18:45:21  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
You're still wrong.
This. Also, doesn't even take 10 shots; take 2 shots and let us know if you have 34 or 35 TP.

Seriously, if you were right my 6-hit build wouldn't work at all. You're wrong.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-10 19:13:36  
Test 1 17 --> 34 --> 53 (17/17/18)
Test 2 17 --> 35 --> 53 (17/18/17)
Test 3 17 --> 35 --> 53 (17/18/17)

I was incorrect, and i concede, i tried it not realizing i had scout's braccae on instead of enkidu's, thus 17.0 tp returns. First person view ftl.

Apologies to Raen.

Either way, you get 6.0 from joyeuse, 6.1 from joytoy + white tathlum, its 17 hits to 102 Tp w/o tathlum and 17 hits to 103.7 It does NOT decrease the amount of hits needed to get 100 TP therfor, other items could be used go gain enmity, to decrease dmg taken, increase enmity, or any number of things instead of losing 2% enmity everytime you land a hit.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-05-10 19:36:02  
dont know if this was said already but alrighty here goes:

pld TP body (note- this is w/ joytoy)

Nocturnus Mail -> Haubergeon+1 -> Homam Corazza -> ACP Haubergeon-> Haubergeon -> Avalon Breastplate

afk, learning how 2 play a game that hasnt been out for 8yrs.
[+]
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-10 19:39:11  
TP is calculated down to the tenth (0.X < X=tenth). you won't see it but it is still registered.

either way, ranged weapon/ammo slot gear is pretty abysmal for pld.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-10 20:05:02  
agreed but generally speaking, if you're using it for store tp, you're losing 2 enmity for a fruitless endeavor. If it did change your x-hit, then yeah, the -2 is outweighed over time by the amount of atonemets you may get off.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-10 20:30:09  
Shield Mastery and hits taken can more or less negate the idea of an x-hit setup, at which point White Tathlum would have some effect on the number of hits it takes you to reach 100 TP. It wouldn't be 2% since any hits taken won't receive additional TP (plus you're using Rajas and maybe Brutal Earring), but it's still an improvement. Not like the -enmity means anything for melee hits, so there's no real downside to using it. There's also Goblin Cracker for accuracy.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-05-10 20:31:45  
I use an Olibanum Sachet. More STR is always good for upping base damage and attack.
 Ramuh.Smokedogg
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Smokedogg
By Ramuh.Smokedogg 2010-05-10 21:40:27  
i use Askar body for tp gain but i have hauby nq
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-10 22:55:00  
Askar's pretty terrible for Joyeuse honestly, you'd be far better off using Haubergeon.
 Leviathan.Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-11 00:56:38  
actually, stp gear also effects the tp recieved from damage if I remember right (I remember this from an old debate, lol). you can also macro out white thalum for actions that generate hate (since it's in the ammo slot), but buying it solely for pld is kind of pointless when all you need is rajas to drop a hit needed to reach 100%.

as far as rse satches go, they're not all to great for pld (does taru get one with +hp, 'cause that'd be decent), you'd be better off with a tiphi sting or smart grenade for tp build 'cause atk is what's going to be the main determining factor of whether or not you hit for 0s.

and yes, askar body's only really useful for drg or possibly in campaign where you're hit-rate is likely to be capped.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-11 01:17:42  
It does affect TP from taking hits iirc. I was thinking you wouldn't have enough STP to even get 0.1 more back, but now that I think about it again you should.
 Bismarck.Aryden
By Bismarck.Aryden 2010-05-11 01:47:24  
Quote:
When a player is hit by a physical attack, he gains 1/3 of what the attacker gained (once again, rounding down to the nearest tenth). Most enemies have 240 Delay, gain 6.4 TP, and give players 2.1 TP per hit (6.4/3 = 2.13333).