フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » Kenkonken Parse
Kenkonken Parse
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-03-20 18:35:09  
May be much to ask, but I've been wondering what kind of numbers PUPs have been putting up with Kenkonken, does anyone have screen shots or parses or anything.

Been looking into the next major project to work on, and I love pup, but just wondering how it stacks up to the other weapons.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-20 18:42:39  
Best weapon for pup hands down. Pummel is *** and gets damage bonus too with mythic, besides AM and MA. One of the best mythichs to make if you enjoy the job.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-03-20 18:45:25  
Yea I know the weapon is by far the best for pup, just wondering how it compares as a weapon to other weapons in the game.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-20 18:49:34  
Ahh you didn't mean pup weapons...well, the weapon itself is more than fine, it's the job that lacks too much to be on even ground with 2handers. Although you can definitely blow out of the water any average joe with it.
 Phoenix.Kaparu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-20 19:00:37  
If I had the means I'd make one in a heartbeat, but it won't put you anywhere near first string DD
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-03-20 19:09:51  
yea, Just been kinda wondering how it'd stack up to like a rag dark, or a ukon war or such or so. Was hoping people had parses or something or to compare
 Fenrir.Weakness
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2013-03-20 19:11:22  
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
yea, Just been kinda wondering how it'd stack up to like a rag dark, or a ukon war or such or so. Was hoping people had parses or something or to compare

My spharai MNK can't go on par with a Rag DRK on big mobs... and a KKK PUP isn't even on par with spharai.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Giti
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2013-03-20 19:12:18  
I dont get to see my parse on most things since I play on xbox but when we do Prov Watcher I parse 3rd behind the rag darks.
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-03-20 19:21:39  
is it only good when you arent getting haste buffs? and vere99 when you are?
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2013-03-20 19:43:48  

Parses compare players, not jobs.
[+]
 Phoenix.Kaparu
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tsuko
By Phoenix.Kaparu 2013-03-20 19:53:03  
Lakshmi.Giti said: »
I dont get to see my parse on most things since I play on xbox but when we do Prov Watcher I parse 3rd behind the rag darks.

That's probably because you're a good player

KKK PUP is still not competitive with evenly matched DD
[+]
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-20 20:23:14  
If anyone make KKK just to DD, then u shouldn't. KKK is a powerful weapon for PUP, wich is not meant to be a DD, but a versatil job very useful for solo or lowman events. KKK make PUP a lot more stronger, even is a job changing experience and will outparse the avarage DD constantly if know how to play PUP. But, if your only interest is to DD, don't make KKK and focus on DD jobs. If do KKK, do it cause u enjoy PUP. Is well worth the effort.
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-03-20 20:28:40  
I know its not gamebreaking, but the 1handed Buff/adjustment is just around the corner... 1 handed DD Could very well come up a bit in their standing.,, More than likely not enough to combat the current top contenders, But enough to become a bit higher on the foodchain.

that and the "discussed" Merit Category for 1 handed DD and junk, could lead to something like h2h being including or such (Even though they said it would be addressed separately or some crap)

And Stringing Pummel is no slouch of a WS, especially with the 30% Damage increase a 99 Mythic Holds. So I mean, I'd make it just because its F**king awesome, and even has the potential to climb the foodchain with the 1handed balance that will be coming.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2013-03-20 20:36:14  
I'll let you know how it is in about a month!
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-20 20:42:13  
Bismarck.Jonadriel said: »
If anyone make KKK just to DD, then u shouldn't. KKK is a powerful weapon for PUP, wich is not meant to be a DD, but a versatil job very useful for solo or lowman events. KKK make PUP a lot more stronger, even is a job changing experience and will outparse the avarage DD constantly if know how to play PUP. But, if your only interest is to DD, don't make KKK and focus on DD jobs. If do KKK, do it cause u enjoy PUP. Is well worth the effort.
What are you doing lowman/solo if not DD'ing? How is pup not a DD?
You say it's not a DD, the weapon isn't for DD, and then mention outparsing average DD's.
And then don't make a Kenkonken(not so comfortable with that name) if you want to DD. And instead, focus on a DD job. You are all over the place there.
What do you actually do with your kenkonken?
Asura.Karbuncle said: »
I know its not gamebreaking, but the 1handed Buff/adjustment is just around the corner...
Wasn't H2H supposedly getting something different, or not included in their planned 1h adjustment? May have read all that wrong but could have sworn they were treating it differently.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-20 20:45:35  
I mean PUP is not a DD (Damage Dealer class). It can do dmg and will make u do more dmg, as much as the AVARAGE DD. But, if you just want pure DMG+, don't play PUP. It is not a Damage Dealer Class, Thats all.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2013-03-20 20:50:53  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Wasn't H2H supposedly getting something different, or not included in their planned 1h adjustment? May have read all that wrong but could have sworn they were treating it differently.

They were separate in terms of the Merit category or some crap.

Either way in a follow up post on either NA or JP Side, it was confirmed H2H would receive the same boost One Handers are getting for this upcoming update (The attack/acc buff thing)
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-20 20:56:52  
Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-20 21:14:55  
Oh awesome, thought it was still being treated as something else and may or may not receive an adjustment. Didn't see that newer post at all.

I mean PUP is not a DD (Damage Dealer class). It can do dmg and will make u do more dmg, as much as the AVARAGE DD. But, if you just want pure DMG+, don't play PUP. It is not a Damage Dealer Class, Thats all.
What is Pup then? I understand that for melee it's just not comparable to most any other job, but I don't see how that alone makes it not a DD. This all just feels like a lot contradictions, though I honestly only play Pup solo so probably just missing something obvious with what you're saying.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-03-20 21:48:28  
I

I wasn't asking persay how this was going to perform as a top DD, if I need a top DD, I got Drk for that. I was just wondering how a KKK pup was doing in regards to other jobs doing damage as a whole, I know it's not going to top. I don't plan on making KKK to be a top DD, I'll make it because I love the job and have been playing it for 5+ years.
 Fenrir.Weakness
user: Weakness
By Fenrir.Weakness 2013-03-20 21:52:06  
I

I wasn't asking persay how this was going to perform as a top DD, if I need a top DD, I got Drk for that. I was just wondering how a KKK pup was doing in regards to other jobs doing damage as a whole, I know it's not going to top. I don't plan on making KKK to be a top DD, I'll make it because I love the job and have been playing it for 5+ years.

That is really the only reason you should make a mythic to begin with.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-03-20 22:11:00  
man i remember when tigerwoods was leveling pup for the first time, at level 50~60 bird camp he was outparsing everyone in our party combined LOL

iirc, i had like 16%~18% he had close to 40% and you can fill the rest lol.

datpup.

(honestly don't remember what job i was, probably lolnin., but reguardless he was destroying every DD in our party as a half geared pup >.>;)

on higher tier content i honestly doubt pup would compare to our zerg playstyle of nigh, but since this is probably coming to a screeching halt who knows, maybe kkk pup has a place in the front lines after all the changes take place.
 Bismarck.Jonadriel
By Bismarck.Jonadriel 2013-03-20 23:10:50  
Well, having the basics out of the way, i got some parser of some dyna runs, though not sure if that's what u want to see or u want to compare in the same parser with other jobs in VW or some other NM/event.
 Quetzalcoatl.Avengers
By Quetzalcoatl.Avengers 2013-03-20 23:32:58  
Mainly just wondering things like voidwatch or other sutff like maybe an Odin or something else. Really just anything with a group of DDs.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 04:39:56  
Can do great in VW until you get to stuff like Provenance or Bismarck where pup meets one of his enemies which is accuracy and attack. Pup requires full buffs to keep up with other jobs in high-end content, and even then it won't be on par.
 Lakshmi.Giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2013-03-21 04:45:34  
Lies
 Carbuncle.Sambb
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-03-21 04:57:39  
It isnt lies its the truth, and it is the same truth for alot of potential dds at said events. Before I had Ragnarok I would pop marina pizza every single time at prov without fail because my acc was never capped.

Pup is no different if your gona hit dat prov reliably your popping pizza unless you want 70-80% acc and lose a chunk of white dmg making you suck even more on the parse. The is no way in hell aggressor and stalwarts is cappin your acc alone on a h2h job.
 Lakshmi.Giti
By Lakshmi.Giti 2013-03-21 05:05:30  
lol next set of Prov's we do I'll have someone post the parse
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-21 05:31:57  
Carbuncle.Xenhas said: »
Parses compare players, not jobs.
I said it before too, if you run with average people then I'm sure you'll parse awesome. But against good players on their monk/sam/drk/war you'll never touch them.

Carbuncle.Sambb said: »
The is no way in hell aggressor and stalwarts is cappin your acc alone on a h2h job.
Not only h2h, but B+ skill only :|
 Carbuncle.Shadowreapper
user: MrReapper
By Carbuncle.Shadowreapper 2013-03-21 05:38:06  
Quote:
But against good players on their monk/DRG/drk/war you'll never touch them.
Fixed!

But yeah, if you manage to parse third with a non capped acc, I don't want to see what the others DD looks like.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6