フォーラム » FFXIV » General » ...FFXIV...PS3 Beta... Apparently "will not be"
...FFXIV...PS3 Beta... Apparently "will not be"
First Page 2 3 4
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-05-17 21:58:02  
Game Informer Issue 206 (June 2010) Page 30 Last Paragraph

"Though I saw the PC version of Final Fantasy XIV - there will not be a beta for PS3 - it ws demoed quite comfortably with a controller."

<what is this i don't even.jpg>

i tried getting a shot via my cell phone but well... you can't read the text.

i wanna know if this is true or not.

can someone call S-E and confirm this?

Just look at the issue and it's there. (Or at least it is on my issue)

/rages and fumes
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-17 22:00:41  
MMO + console = fail anyway so live with it?
[+]
 Ramuh.Kalyna
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-05-17 22:05:38  
for many of us tho, dubont, PS3 is the only way to go. (cuz we don't have much money to spend on a desktop/laptop that'll play FFXIV and we already have a PS3 since long ago)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ezekryu
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ezekryu
By Lakshmi.Ezekryu 2010-05-17 22:10:11  
Consoles + MMORPGs simply don't mix. I'm glad that they're building it up as a PC platform game and then porting it to console, which is the opposite of what happened with FFXI. Hopefully we won't be seeing a return of "PS2 rimitations" but I'm not holding my breathe.

Edit: PCs are pretty cheap to build nowadays. Excluding my monitor, it took me a total of $450 or so (probably less) to build up a monster PC.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Trauma
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Trauma
By Quetzalcoatl.Trauma 2010-05-17 22:11:50  
Considering you can still apply for the PS3 beta I doubt this is true.
[+]
 Shiva.Lorielain
サーバ: Shiva
user: Atrithk
By Shiva.Lorielain 2010-05-17 22:12:02  
It'll be 360 limitations if the 360 is included.
Damn RRoDbox can't even run besieged and campaign right.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-17 22:25:34  
a good desktop can be built for under $500. For this price, it is possible to build a PC that will blow the PS3 out of the water. Laptop is a little different. PC > console. Always has been, always will be.
Shiva.Lorielain said:
It'll be 360 limitations if the 360 is included.
Damn RRoDbox can't even run besieged and campaign right.
360 has limitation with FFXI...so it will def have limitations on FF14...failbox pleasefixme is just another thing to give to the Thrift Store the day after christmas..
[+]
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-17 22:35:32  
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
for many of us tho, dubont, PS3 is the only way to go. (cuz we don't have much money to spend on a desktop/laptop that'll play FFXIV and we already have a PS3 since long ago)

If you could afford the price of a PS3 from "long ago," you can afford a desktop that can run FFXIV. If you can afford to keep buying games at 50-60 USD a pop for 20 hours of gameplay, you can afford a new desktop.

I don't feel sorry for people who are willing to drop anywhere from 250+ bucks (or thousands if you're one of the retards that bought them the first day it came out on E-Bay) on a console that can't evolve and can't be upgraded, then cry poverty.

Stop investing your money in overpriced paperweights to play a genre of games that PCs rule the roost on, thanks.

That being said, I would be thrilled if SE dropped console support completely. Consoles are shitty for MMORPG's. Consoles are extremely limited in what they can do, and with games getting bigger and prettier, they are using up more resources. Even your so-called "mini-computer" of a PS3 will be obsolete in a couple of years, and then, once again, you'll wonder why Final Fantasy fans can't have nice things, too.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-17 22:39:46  
tbh, there are only 3 games that I bought the ps3 for...FFvs13, Demon's Souls and Socom Confrontation..and the only reason I did that is b/c these are 3 really great games that aren't found on any other system lol
 Cerberus.Katarzyna
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Katarzyna
By Cerberus.Katarzyna 2010-05-17 22:47:12  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
tbh, there are only 3 games that I bought the ps3 for...FFvs13, Demon's Souls and Socom Confrontation..and the only reason I did that is b/c these are 3 really great games that aren't found on any other system lol

Which is all fine and good. However, it's extremely unreasonable to think that your MMORPG will be top notch if it's dumbed down to fit within the limitations of a stagnant piece of hardware.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-17 22:58:23  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
MMO console = fail anyway so live with it?
First it was those levithan threads, about the *** hole scam artis/fraud *** you support. Then you posting under the EGSgaming site acting like a troll to those who got effected in that mess, and not this ***?

I can see you are worse than me, I am reasonable. Shut the *** up and stop being a ***.
[+]
 Asura.Despayn
サーバ: Asura
user: Parhelia
By Asura.Despayn 2010-05-17 23:02:41  
Meh. PS3 can definitely handle FFXIV. I really doubt "PS3 limitations" will ever be an issue. Its a thousand times stronger than a 360, so I'm sure we'll have no issues there.

Either/or, I'm playing this game on a console. *** playing this ***on PC again.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-05-17 23:07:36  
pc > ps3 > 360 that is all, ty
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-17 23:12:01  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
First it was those levithan threads, about the *** hole scam artis/fraud *** you support. Then you posting under the EGSgaming site acting like a troll to those who got effected in that mess, and not this ***?

I can see you are worse than me, I am reasonable. Shut the *** up and stop being a ***.
what the flying flamingo *** are you talking about?
 Ragnarok.Faiye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: xFaiyex
By Ragnarok.Faiye 2010-05-17 23:28:24  
Leviathan.Dubont said:

Wow, really? All these years of playing FFXI on my PS2 are complete fail, thanks my life now has new meaning.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ouch
By Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie 2010-05-17 23:29:49  
Your first mistake is relying on Game Informer for accurate news.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
user: Troair
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-17 23:31:04  
Ramuh.Kalyna said:
Game Informer Issue 206 (June 2010) Page 30 Last Paragraph "Though I saw the PC version of Final Fantasy XIV - there will not be a beta for PS3 - it ws demoed quite comfortably with a controller." <what is this i don't even.jpg> i tried getting a shot via my cell phone but well... you can't read the text. i wanna know if this is true or not. can someone call S-E and confirm this? Just look at the issue and it's there. (Or at least it is on my issue) /rages and fumes

Yea I have that issue. But its Game Informer so they arn't 100% correct. We'll have to see.
Lakshmi.Ezekryu said:
Consoles MMORPGs simply don't mix. I'm glad that they're building it up as a PC platform game and then porting it to console, which is the opposite of what happened with FFXI. Hopefully we won't be seeing a return of "PS2 rimitations" but I'm not holding my breathe. Edit: PCs are pretty cheap to build nowadays. Excluding my monitor, it took me a total of $450 or so (probably less) to build up a monster PC.

You don't have a monster PC unless you have a SSD and those are not cheap if you get a good one. Just saying, edit your post saying "Good PC" a Monster PC plays crysis. I build PCs to supliment my income till I join the Air Force later this year so I know that 450 bucks will get you a very good pc, not a monster ^^ Sorry to argue symantics but I'm picky.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-17 23:32:21  
Quetzalcoatl.Ouchie said:
Your first mistake is relying on Game Informer for accurate news.

Not only that but in the first couple of lines on the article the reviewer points out their personal biasism towards WoW and that they couldn't keep playing FFXI because they could not like it. So you are relying on that tard to give accurate news? I was scared to (to the op) but then I let it subside when I reread the part where he pointed out that this was in fact, a biased review.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
user: Toufu
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-05-17 23:34:54  
Asura.Despayn said:
Meh. PS3 can definitely handle FFXIV. I really doubt "PS3 limitations" will ever be an issue. Its a thousand times stronger than a 360, so I'm sure we'll have no issues there.

Since I only own a PC and nothing "Next-Gen," can the PS3/360 be upgraded at all?
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-17 23:36:53  
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Asura.Despayn said:
Since I only own a PC and nothing "Next-Gen," can the PS3/360 be upgraded at all?

besides hard drive upgrades or cracking the actual firmware itself to play an OS of your choice? Not that I know of. This is where imo pc wins epicly. Can't play the newest game? Upgrade it, build a new one, or find a buddy who can do either. If you live in southern california I can help you.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-17 23:38:23  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

you suck that is all
[+]
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-17 23:41:18  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
First it was those levithan threads, about the *** hole scam artis/fraud *** you support. Then you posting under the EGSgaming site acting like a troll to those who got effected in that mess, and not this ***? I can see you are worse than me, I am reasonable. Shut the *** up and stop being a ***.
you suck that is all

Hey EGS is great for the lulz. Second to this site only.
[+]
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-05-17 23:43:56  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Can't play the newest game? Upgrade it, build a new one, or find a buddy who can do either. If you live in southern california I can help you.

I live over in MO, but I'm lucky enough to have a friend to help me with any upgrades I "need."

"Need" meaning: Can I play the game with ultra amazing graphic quality? No? Can I play the game at all? Yes? I'll take it!
 Bahamut.Kaioshin
By Bahamut.Kaioshin 2010-05-17 23:48:34  
Ramuh.Tousou said:
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:
Can't play the newest game? Upgrade it, build a new one, or find a buddy who can do either. If you live in southern california I can help you.
I live over in MO, but I'm lucky enough to have a friend to help me with any upgrades I "need." "Need" meaning: Can I play the game with ultra amazing graphic quality? No? Can I play the game at all? Yes? I'll take it!

Hit me in PM. Find a shipper who will ship your pc to me for a decent rate and tell me what parts you need, ofcourse your responsible for the part and a small labor fee included and I'll send it back to you through your return label and original box you sent it in. OR for a even super smaller fee I can tell you step by step exactly how to do it and even talk you through the process myself. Hit me up via PM if your serious.
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-17 23:55:23  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

you suck that is all
1) What leviathan threads are u talking about?
2) What scam artist?
3) What EGS gaming site?
4) How is telling the truth being a ***?
5) Your mother is a ***.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-05-17 23:56:21  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

you suck that is all
2) What scam artist?
3) What EGS gaming site?
5) Your mother is a ***.

1-4, ***.

Sorry ask your mother that last night, when I saw her in the a back alley.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-05-17 23:57:35  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Leviathan.Dubont said:

you suck that is all
2) What scam artist?
3) What EGS gaming site?
5) Your mother is a ***.

1-4, ***.

Sorry ask your mother that last night, when I saw her in the a back alley.
Your lack of explanation for any of ur statements and lack of answers for my questions shows how HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE you are. Also, my mother is dead so go suck a big one ***.
 Ramuh.Tousou
By Ramuh.Tousou 2010-05-17 23:57:38  
Bahamut.Kaioshin said:

Hit me in PM. Find a shipper who will ship your pc to me for a decent rate and tell me what parts you need, ofcourse your responsible for the part and a small labor fee included and I'll send it back to you through your return label and original box you sent it in. OR for a even super smaller fee I can tell you step by step exactly how to do it and even talk you through the process myself. Hit me up via PM if your serious.

It was rhetorical, sorry. I don't use my PC much due to being at work so often. Recently purchased a semi-decent laptop just so I could do more than play superlaggy FFXI xD
First Page 2 3 4