Campaign Sham?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Campaign Sham?
Campaign Sham?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-13 00:12:22  
Cerberus.Irohuro said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Please it's SE, I doubt they will care even if they get spammed with emails.
fixed that for you ~.^
I was trying to be nice, but yeah.. basicly that.
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-13 00:17:47  
Asura.Solara said:
A great change to Campaign would be to raise the level of all the mobs, and add higher dmg Shadowwing type AOE moves to EVERY mob type. Then you destroy the leech players, and no one has to pull mobs away for decent xp.

Except those are soloable too if you don't WS like it's going out of style.

Honestly I don't know what everyone is QQing about. If you really haven't figured it out yet, there's a feed that shows up in the cities that tells you where the waves have been dispatched. Just go there and wait for the battle to begin instead of frantically running to zone after zone looking for 400 exp.

I get an easy 4-5k on DNC waiting out the battles instead of seeking them. Yeah, I pull them away sometimes to solo. But campaign is just a decent way to exp for jobs like dnc.

NMs are just about soloable now by PLDs and well geared/skilled DNCs and probably RDMs(haven't really seen a rdm try though). Level does need to increase.
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-07-13 00:49:43  
Level doesn't need to increase. Stop being a buncha babies and head up north. Good exp up there in campaign and you are damned sure that no one is stupid enough to pull mobs anywhere away from the zones. You can even harden the **** up and fight mobs that live there outside of campaign for some exp while you wait.

Caitsith.Megara
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Megara 2010-07-13 00:49:53  
Why not just place a lvl 75 cap on all players with Allied Tags?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-13 00:53:34  
Asura.Tristean said:
NMs are just about soloable now by PLDs

what do you mean just about
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-13 00:55:51  
Caitsith.Megara said:
Why not just place a lvl 75 cap on all players with Allied Tags?
That basically contradicts the entire point of the cap increase. There's a reason no new caps were added.
[+]
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-13 01:05:34  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Asura.Tristean said:
NMs are just about soloable now by PLDs
what do you mean just about

...fine

are soloable.
 Caitsith.Silvaria
By Caitsith.Silvaria 2010-07-13 01:11:23  

Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
I can easily solo 2-3 campaign mobs with 80 DNC/WAR as long as they aren't BLM type ones. I always used to moan at people hiding the mobs but have found recently that it is the only way to get half decent exp. I don't go a really long way from the fort unless I see everyone else doing that though.

Heh...one day my boyfriend pulled a mob far away from the fort, and solo'd it for quite a while after all the other mobs had been killed. Frankly, his xp was awesome, so I really couldn't blame him, even though people at the fort were starting to go nuts...

That being said, I agree with the suggestion to make the mobs higher level. When he can tank three Moonfang Warriors as PLD80...enemies just aren't difficult enough. 8(
 Caitsith.Rebourne
By Caitsith.Rebourne 2010-07-13 03:24:29  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
Higher frequency of battles, mobs with more HP, more mobs per wave and less NPCs dispatched.

Perfect solution
[+]
 Cerberus.Deadplaything
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Deadplaything 2010-07-13 04:18:01  
Possibly make the mob rage or warp back to its pack to the fort. multiple forts. multiple waves or higher lvl mobs in the mix like besieged. I think if a mob is pulled to the side it should be able to call for reinforcements to make it fair.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-13 04:20:20  
it's silly how I get more xp/notes on my thf than my rdm~ even if my thf dies more. I hate campaign.
 Phoenix.Jile
user: JileFFXI
By Phoenix.Jile 2010-07-13 05:17:42  
When numbers were hella low for campaign, the defending npc's were "needed"... right now they're just wasting people's exp.

SE needs to base the number of defending npc's on the number of players signed into campaign. If there are more than 25 people in a zone (except cardboard and glacier) all of the non-healing npc's should warp out and let us make some exp.

After that update, anyone that goes outside the square the fort is in, should lose tags and any credit toward xp they made that battle. SE should also block those players from signing back into the current battle as an additional punishment.
[+]
 Cerberus.Godlyhank
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Godlyhank
By Cerberus.Godlyhank 2010-07-13 05:22:15  
I gave up on campaign ages ago.... all people do is kill asap, so they can try for a killing blow..... for union spoils..
 Phoenix.Darki
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-13 05:24:57  
Phoenix.Jile said:
When numbers were hella low for campaign, the defending npc's were "needed"... right now they're just wasting people's exp.

SE needs to base the number of defending npc's on the number of players signed into campaign. If there are more than 25 people in a zone (except cardboard and glacier) all of the non-healing npc's should warp out and let us make some exp.

After that update, anyone that goes outside the square the fort is in, should lose tags and any credit toward xp they made that battle. SE should also block those players from signing back into the current battle as an additional punishment.

how about if mobs just didn't stray far from the fort, helps with people not holding them and soloing them, not like i blame them for being greedy, campaign is so frigging slow.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-13 06:05:32  
Has anyone that complained about campaign even bother to read how the exp/notes are rewarded? Even if you implement such an idea people will still pull and hide them.

Also got to remember it's different across all servers.
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-07-13 07:17:48  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Has anyone that complained about campaign even bother to read how the exp/notes are rewarded? Even if you implement such an idea people will still pull and hide them.

Also got to remember it's different across all servers.
True but the whole allied tags wearing outside of a certain range would still be effective means to the problem regardless of server.

Good chance we won't see that happening though.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-13 07:25:57  
Even if you set a range people will hide them. Might be smaller areas but, it will happen. There is no real fix to this, best thing that comes to mind that addresses all issues is that those 75+ need to hit the strongholds That way lower people can still do the normal areas and higher ups get more mobs. Hell people you're level 80 going to be 90 in 2 months, get into those strongholds and fight. Mobs shouldn't be that hard for us to fight.
By Helix 2010-07-13 09:39:50  
Sweet! Thanks for the link dude! This has totally changed my point of view. Everyone who campaigns needs to get this or gtfo.

Thanks again!
By Helix 2010-07-13 09:42:38  
Erm...the quote didn't show...

But here's a bump...

http://forums.windower.net/topic/17980-campaign-helper-version-04c/page__pid__197954__st__0&#entry197954__s__32931bce1ced14357ac9134e8ac19048
 Sylph.Rawkhawk
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Rawkhawk 2010-07-13 09:46:56  
Someone once posted (possibly on this forum) that a good solution would be, you lose your Allied Tags once you get so far from the fort. I thought that was perfect really, would mean you couldn't drag them all over the place, would give non-widescan jobs a small area to search.

Edit: Although sometimes I wonder if people really campaign for EXP anyway.. too many times do I see people destroying belfry's as they are poping perfectly good EXP.
 Siren.Catabolic
サーバ: Siren
user: Catabolic
By Siren.Catabolic 2010-07-13 09:50:31  
It's the same thing as Besieged now. It's a complete joke. SE needs to raise the level of mobs in besieged and campaign or else they just killed something they themselves created in order to help players. There's nothing like seeing besieged lvl2 trolls. 6 hours later they start attacking. Then 5 minutes later besieged is over...
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-13 09:53:24  
Ok, I want to ask now. How are far away are people pulling these mobs? I have never really had an issue finding any that were yanked but then again, they were usually within 2-3 grids of the fort in the direction they came from.

I will say the most amazing hold I ever saw was in Vunk. They had came from dead south and this PLD/DNC had pulled one were they spawned. The bombs and trents pretty much protected him from anyone without sneak or invis from finding him. Took me about 5 minutes to figure that one out.

Funny about the Besieged... Fenrir lost like last night due to the Undead... I hate it when no one listens when you tell them to keep the ones that DOOM things the frak away from Generals...

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-07-13 10:01:03  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Ok, I want to ask now. How are far away are people pulling these mobs? I have never really had an issue finding any that were yanked but then again, they were usually within 2-3 grids of the fort in the direction they came from.
It varies. I've seen people pull them just out of sight of the tower, and then I've followed individuals that have pulled mobs halfway across the map so people without widescan can't find them.
 Sylph.Kyogi
サーバ: Sylph
user: Kyogi
By Sylph.Kyogi 2010-07-13 10:07:18  
Ramuh.Thunderz said:
Camp needs fortification (exp)back. everything else won't fix it
This ^ Its another damn reason CB has gone downhill.

Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-13 10:13:40  
Ok, even I'll admit thats a problem. I still doubt SE will do anything though. My best advice for now is; Know where they spawn and when someone is holding one check that area and start fanning out, check any place you see where you can see yourself holding a mob.

Once found a guy in Ron in the main bird camp after I saw him out with me where they spawn in, figured out he was there in 4 minutes easy.
 Unicorn.Deltara
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Deltara 2010-07-13 10:33:01  

Hey guys, I rarely post on these things. But I have a couple great ideas for campaign. I've long stopped doing campaign because I hate getting there and it ending before I even reach the tags guy.

1. Make campaign never-ending and just have people turn in their tags when they are done, also making tags "auto-refresh" every thirty minutes or so. That way you can just have waves and waves of mobs incoming all the time. The faster they are killed, the more factions they could send at one time, to match the demand for mobs.

2. If you don't like the fact that there are so many NPCs guarding the forts, go talk to the guy in town and tell him how you want your campaign to be run. He gives you quite a few options to choose from, you don't have to focus on defending/holding outposts that you already have. Your rank determines your voice in this instance, but tell your linkshell mates to vote like you do and numbers will win out.

Cheers.

Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-13 10:39:33  
Thats another issue to address. Stop skipping from battle to battle, christ thats the stupidist thing ever.

If you have another account this works even better. Just wait for a dispatch... it takes about 5 minutes once that dispatch goes out for the music to start, can get tags and set yourself up at the spawn if you know what you are doing. 5 minutes after the music starts they'll spawn and advance, make a claim and solo away.

If you have another account leave it in the city so you can chain battles together, following that 10 minute rule should easily find another battle about to begin while the one you are in ends.
 Bismarck.Ariyon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-07-13 10:43:18  
Unicorn.Deltara said:
Hey guys, I rarely post on these things. But I have a couple great ideas for campaign. I've long stopped doing campaign because I hate getting there and it ending before I even reach the tags guy.

1. Make campaign never-ending and just have people turn in their tags when they are done, also making tags "auto-refresh" every thirty minutes or so. That way you can just have waves and waves of mobs incoming all the time. The faster they are killed, the more factions they could send at one time, to match the demand for mobs.

2. If you don't like the fact that there are so many NPCs guarding the forts, go talk to the guy in town and tell him how you want your campaign to be run. He gives you quite a few options to choose from, you don't have to focus on defending/holding outposts that you already have. Your rank determines your voice in this instance, but tell your linkshell mates to vote like you do and numbers will win out.

Cheers.
While #1 is an interesting idea, I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that it would never be implemented because ultimately beastmen would control every area and we'd all be getting slammed with a never-ending wave of campaign mobs in towns. (Sounds promising, but I know I'd get tired of it real fast.) As for the second... I rarely talk to that NPC, so I can't say for certain how much that actually affects it. <_<
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7