Campaign Sham?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Campaign » Campaign Sham?
Campaign Sham?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-14 19:02:58  
Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

I used to hate people dragging mobs off but i'll do that now, I guess not drag them halfway across the map but I always try to make sure i'm soloing a mob.

If DDs start showing up on my mob and grab hate, I will disengage and look for a new mob, you got hate so don't whinge about me leaving the mob when i'm entitled to do so, if you die and it comes after me I don't care either.

You, sir, are a mega-douchebag. Campaign isn't for "solo'ing a mob". If it was designed for that, then S-E wouldn't have allowed others to engage an already claimed mob.
I understand the mechanics of Campaign XP, and I get that you'll get more XP per battle if you're off in left field solo'ing. But, like most things in FFXI, if you're greedy, people are going to call you out for it, period.
If you want to solo, go play a regular RPG, not a MMORPG.

so, apparently you're not willing to respond and explain why someone taking a mob and soloing it is greedy?

if both you and vinvv are unwilling to explain further, this is an approximation of what i'm getting from your post.

Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
I claim to understand the mechanics behind campaign xp. this means that i'm aware of the concept of overflow xp, and that i've got about 10 minutes of max xp/min waiting for me at the end of every battle. Even though you and people like you sacrifice their overflow xp so that me and people like me can actually collect thier overflow xp, i still consider you selfish for doing so. though i am apparently unable to explain exactly WHY you and people like you sacrificing your overflow xp so that i can get mine is selfish, i still consider it to be selfish. furthermore, you are a mega-douchebag.
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-14 19:10:36  
Might help us to start a new thread and brainstorm out ways to make campaign easier and more rewarding exp/note wise for everyone, I don't know if it will work since the sides are fairly evenly split and it doesn't seem like a lot of either side want to see eye to eye and understand the situation.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-07-14 19:25:02  
i'm not sure my list of ideas to get more out of campaign is that long, because the way to get more xp out of campaign is so simple.

there is a max xp per minute in campaign. therefore, logic dictates that assuming you are hitting max xp/min(most people are) the ONLY way to get more xp from each campaign is to extend the length of the campaign.

so the solution is farily simple. use less damaging gear. don't kill the enemies as quickly. less wses, more self cures. that's all i've got. there's really no other way to get more xp out of a campaign other than making it last longer.

as for not seeing eye to eye, i honestly believe that if i could somehow telepathically force-transfer a full understanding of campaign xp mechanics into their heads, they would understand why mob soloers is so important. unfortunately, there are a lot fewer people willing to plow through pages of campaign xp information then there are people who'd prefer to just play without understanding how it works. i'm trying really hard to get it across to them but maybe they don't WANT to understand?

i don't know. look how long it took before the parsing players were able to get it across to the masses that pld tping in hauby was a good thing, pld/war wasn't effective for hnm, vit was useless, etc.

it always takes forever for the mainstream to catch on.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-14 19:34:36  
Yeah you pretty much covered what I was thinking. Going to start going this in campaign much more often now.

I feel to cover the people not wanting to or being lazy, a quote should be said. That I highly abuse cause it's completely true~
Albert.Einstein said:
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
[+]
By Raldo 2010-07-14 20:14:36  
I'd always assumed the main irritation was that the soloers were making it boring for the rest of the folks, rather than the people caring about exp profit. Sure, I understand why it's technically better in terms of exp reward to extend campaign by holding mobs, but for the people who are waiting around it's sooooo boooooring.

You'll never be able to make everyone see eye-to-eye because people do campaign for different reasons. Some do it for solo exp, maximum output per hour. I've never understood that mentality, because there are other, faster ways to make exp, so why not relax a little while you campaign? Others, like myself, do it to kill time and/or get exp whilst not putting forth much effort. Sure, I do campaign for the exp, but I don't max my output for the same reason I don't always merit on corsair, because it's either too much effort or way too boring.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
サーバ: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2010-07-14 20:16:28  
Raldo said:
I'd always assumed the main irritation was that the soloers were making it boring for the rest of the folks, rather than the people caring about exp profit. Sure, I understand why it's technically better in terms of exp reward to extend campaign by holding mobs, but for the people who are waiting around it's sooooo boooooring.

You'll never be able to make everyone see eye-to-eye because people do campaign for different reasons. Some do it for solo exp, maximum output per hour. I've never understood that mentality, because there are other, faster ways to make exp, so why not relax a little while you campaign? Others, like myself, do it to kill time and/or get exp whilst not putting forth much effort. Sure, I do campaign for the exp, but I don't max my output for the same reason I don't always merit on corsair, because it's either too much effort or way too boring.
People are too obsessed with union spoils, if they are bored of waiting, get assesed and leave, you'll usually get nothing/load of crap from the union anyway.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-14 20:20:33  
Raldo said:
I'd always assumed the main irritation was that the soloers were making it boring for the rest of the folks, rather than the people caring about exp profit. Sure, I understand why it's technically better in terms of exp reward to extend campaign by holding mobs, but for the people who are waiting around it's sooooo boooooring. You'll never be able to make everyone see eye-to-eye because people do campaign for different reasons. Some do it for solo exp, maximum output per hour. I've never understood that mentality, because there are other, faster ways to make exp, so why not relax a little while you campaign? Others, like myself, do it to kill time and/or get exp whilst not putting forth much effort. Sure, I do campaign for the exp, but I don't max my output for the same reason I don't always merit on corsair, because it's either too much effort or way too boring.
To kill half the reason people stand around is because of the loot, which really... doesn't seem to worthwhile and of course most of us never win the good stuff. The other half, dunno... You can kill your tags mid battle so yeah...
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 20:20:43  
Cerberus.Tidis said:
Raldo said:

People are too obsessed with union spoils, if they are bored of waiting, get assesed and leave, you'll usually get nothing/load of crap from the union anyway.

Or come rng and shout the positions of the mobs and insult the peoples mothers, thats what i do.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
サーバ: Ramuh
user: vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-14 20:53:15  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
Cerberus.Tidis said:

I used to hate people dragging mobs off but i'll do that now, I guess not drag them halfway across the map but I always try to make sure i'm soloing a mob.

If DDs start showing up on my mob and grab hate, I will disengage and look for a new mob, you got hate so don't whinge about me leaving the mob when i'm entitled to do so, if you die and it comes after me I don't care either.

You, sir, are a mega-douchebag. Campaign isn't for "solo'ing a mob". If it was designed for that, then S-E wouldn't have allowed others to engage an already claimed mob.
I understand the mechanics of Campaign XP, and I get that you'll get more XP per battle if you're off in left field solo'ing. But, like most things in FFXI, if you're greedy, people are going to call you out for it, period.
If you want to solo, go play a regular RPG, not a MMORPG.

so, apparently you're not willing to respond and explain why someone taking a mob and soloing it is greedy?

if both you and vinvv are unwilling to explain further, this is an approximation of what i'm getting from your post.

Phoenix.Elanabelle said:
I claim to understand the mechanics behind campaign xp. this means that i'm aware of the concept of overflow xp, and that i've got about 10 minutes of max xp/min waiting for me at the end of every battle. Even though you and people like you sacrifice their overflow xp so that me and people like me can actually collect thier overflow xp, i still consider you selfish for doing so. though i am apparently unable to explain exactly WHY you and people like you sacrificing your overflow xp so that i can get mine is selfish, i still consider it to be selfish. furthermore, you are a mega-douchebag.

meh :/
i don't have a problem with people pulling mobs away.
pulling them a mile away bothers me if hell let's say i can't find the person, i run around for a while and the campaign ends, i mean yeah i think it's awesome if you can hold it off long enough for more mobs to come in, but realistically that doesn't happen because campaign is full of a bunch of ***.
I'm just saying that I prefer a small party, mainly because I just don't really enjoy soloing.
I party with friends who are at my home and we try to get the skillchain exp and all that jazz quite often, my point of the matter is that you don't really have to solo if you have that type of option of people partying with you...I agree that you shouldn't really have to solo, but then on the flipside I can understand why you would want to solo because of the whole rape mob :/
that is about the best i can explain my point of view.
i just saw this btw, so it has nothing to do with unwillingness :/
edit:
:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/
drown in my meh face.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:04:41  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i'm not sure my list of ideas to get more out of campaign is that long, because the way to get more xp out of campaign is so simple.

there is a max xp per minute in campaign. therefore, logic dictates that assuming you are hitting max xp/min(most people are) the ONLY way to get more xp from each campaign is to extend the length of the campaign.

so the solution is farily simple. use less damaging gear. don't kill the enemies as quickly. less wses, more self cures. that's all i've got. there's really no other way to get more xp out of a campaign other than making it last longer.

as for not seeing eye to eye, i honestly believe that if i could somehow telepathically force-transfer a full understanding of campaign xp mechanics into their heads, they would understand why mob soloers is so important. unfortunately, there are a lot fewer people willing to plow through pages of campaign xp information then there are people who'd prefer to just play without understanding how it works. i'm trying really hard to get it across to them but maybe they don't WANT to understand?

i don't know. look how long it took before the parsing players were able to get it across to the masses that pld tping in hauby was a good thing, pld/war wasn't effective for hnm, vit was useless, etc.

id much much much rather kill all the mobs and move on to the next campaign. It really doesnt matter to me how much exp i get, im there to have fun and get exp. If i wanted to pound out exp id go to abyssea.

And as for analyzing every miniscule detail of the game almost to the point of taking the fun out of it and said "parsing" players... try this game MicrosoftStore.com/Excel_2010
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-14 21:10:39  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

id much much much rather kill all the mobs and move on to the next campaign. It really doesnt matter to me how much exp i get, im there to have fun and get exp. If i wanted to pound out exp id go to abyssea.

And as for analyzing every miniscule detail of the game almost to the point of taking the fun out of it and said "parsing" players... try this game MicrosoftStore.com/Excel_2010
i played that game once.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:12:23  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i played that game once.

well i figure they can just type all the FFXI equations into it....and it will be exactly the same without the pretty pictures. And you dont have to work for gear. Awesome! i just got a pretend V belt! lemme type the haste +6 in my equation!
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-14 21:16:00  
id much much much rather kill all the mobs and move on to the next campaign. It really doesnt matter to me how much exp i get, im there to have fun and get exp. If i wanted to pound out exp id go to abyssea. And as for analyzing every miniscule detail of the game almost to the point of taking the fun out of it and said "parsing" players... try this game MicrosoftStore.com/Excel_2010
So why would you rather kill all the mobs then kill your tags and leave considering that you probably won't get much more exp out of said remaining mobs that were pulled away anyhow?

And while there is a difference, it's better to know the game than screw around and mess something up for everyone else. If the information is there, while you may not want to, you should at the very least skim through it.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-14 21:18:04  
Ramuh.Vinvv said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i played that game once.

well i figure they can just type all the FFXI equations into it....and it will be exactly the same without the pretty pictures. And you dont have to work for gear. Awesome! i just got a pretend V belt! lemme type the haste 6 in my equation!
i don't know if this joke is a keeper yet, it could be a gem but needs more polish.
edit: actually just ending it with the original link probably would have been the most effective, the follow up killed the punch line.
edit 2:
but i get where you are coming from.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:18:40  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
id much much much rather kill all the mobs and move on to the next campaign. It really doesnt matter to me how much exp i get, im there to have fun and get exp. If i wanted to pound out exp id go to abyssea. And as for analyzing every miniscule detail of the game almost to the point of taking the fun out of it and said "parsing" players... try this game MicrosoftStore.com/Excel_2010
So why would you rather kill all the mobs then kill your tags and leave considering that you probably won't get much more exp out of said remaining mobs that were pulled away anyhow?

And while there is a difference, it's better to know the game than screw around and mess something up for everyone else. If the information is there, while you may not want to, you should at the very least skim through it.

Because i came there to fight, not stand there and wait. Its not messing it up for everyone else, people come with different purposes. If i dont mess it up for them, they mess it up for me, so no one is in the right. And im gonna come rng, and do what i want to do.
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-14 21:25:08  
Because i came there to fight, not stand there and wait. Its not messing it up for everyone else, people come with different purposes. If i dont mess it up for them, they mess it up for me, so no one is in the right. And im gonna come rng, and do what i want to do.
Then don't wait around, kill your tags and move on. Considering what we have been discussing thus far you would be messing it up for those trying to max their exp, while also you of course are only messing yourself up trying to end the battle instead of pulling out. If you can't see when a battle is truely done then you are failing at campaign and need to leave.

Also doing what you wanna do is pretty stupid to say considering you sound like one of those that want campaign to be a group effort, bum rush everything, and end the battle in under a minute.
[+]
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-14 21:28:27  
The only thing I'd want to really change(in regards to game mechanics) is the hordes of NPCs killing the mobs and the lolps2 limitations.
both will never change.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:29:08  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Then don't wait around, kill your tags and move on. Considering what we have been discussing thus far you would be messing it up for those trying to max their exp, while also you of course are only messing yourself up trying to end the battle instead of pulling out. If you can't see when a battle is truely done then you are failing at campaign and need to leave.

Also doing what you wanna do is pretty stupid to say considering you sound like one of those that want campaign to be a group effort, bum rush everything, and end the battle in under a minute.

Again, why should i be inconvenienced because someone wants to do something for themselves. You say you should thank them, but you know damn well they arent doing it for you. And as i said, i am not there for exp. I am there to do whatever i feel like doing at that point in time. And when im playing solo, i could give a flying *** what other ppl want. And as far as ending it in under a minute, my personal record is 32 seconds.
 Phoenix.Darki
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 21:29:36  
Fenrir.Luarania said:

People already do whatever they want on the game, and on campaign specifically when they pull mobs away to solo them. I don't see where it's bad to beat everything to a pulp if that's all she wants to do.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:31:17  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:

People already do whatever they want on the game, and on campaign specifically when they pull mobs away to solo them. I don't see where it's bad to beat everything to a pulp if that's all she wants to do.

Exactly, the second someone sends me 12.95 is the second they can tell me what they want.
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-14 21:32:39  
And hence why we can't have nice things^

Going to laugh if this game is still alive in another 3-5 years and everything Sev and I comes true.
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 21:33:48  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
And hence why we can't have nice things^

Going to laugh if this game is still alive in another 3-5 years and everything Sev and I comes true.

You are the prophet!
/hails the prophet.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:34:03  
I have plenty of nice things, and i had plenty of fun getting them. Ask me if i care about your experience.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-14 21:34:38  
both sides are going to just argue their point to death :D.
I like my small parties, but do I see anything changing, or anyone changing.
People do what they want to do and will continue to do so regardless if they know the details or not lol.
I'm happy I know the details of how much experience you can gain doing X, does that really effect how I play?
not so much, I came up with a sound decision before seeing that data :D
[+]
 Fenrir.Luarania
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-07-14 21:36:12  
Phoenix.Darki said:
Fenrir.Luarania said:
And hence why we can't have nice things^ Going to laugh if this game is still alive in another 3-5 years and everything Sev and I comes true.
You are the prophet! /hails the prophet.
In no way. I am just able to understand human behavior more so than others.

Do stop/don't troll please Darki, I'm half asleep as it is and would rather see this remain on course. These bloody Magian trials are taking a toll on my sleep.

It's more of once the hardcores get into it, the ones that will actually do whatever it takes to get what they want such as exp and allied notes will they start doing this. This is also why you see people pulling mobs clear across zones because people like to go out of their way to be evil.

Which is how we get to this point. Both sides are at fault, and both sides need to stop being jackasses about it and work together.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:36:26  
Thats exactly what i said a few posts ago Vinvv, either way one side isnt getting what they want. May as well have it be the other side right?
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 21:43:32  
I don't enjoy campaign unless I'm with someone, that's the only thing I care about, having friends with me during campaign.

Ask me if I care over the fact that people beat the mobs to death, or hold them? I don't give a ***, it's the way they play, arguing about it wont change ***, and saying that thanks to that is the cause of the ffxi death is wrong, maybe to you it will be death, because you are the one who's gonna get upset and /shutdown forever.

People should learn it's a game, live and let live.
 Ramuh.Vinvv
By Ramuh.Vinvv 2010-07-14 21:47:24  
Thats exactly what i said a few posts ago Vinvv, either way one side isnt getting what they want. May as well have it be the other side right?
my point is that everyone loses.
that's life lol
[+]
 Phoenix.Darki
By Phoenix.Darki 2010-07-14 21:49:15  
Fenrir.Luarania said:

Which is how we get to this point. Both sides are at fault, and both sides need to stop being jackasses about it and work together.

To you both sides look like jackasses, to them you look like a jackass because you don't let them do what they want.

I'm not trollin' just letting you know it's stupid to think ffxi wont die soon :) regardless the reason.
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2010-07-14 21:52:12  
I dont think FFXI will die soon...relatively speaking. will it be dead by 2015? probably. 2012? possibly. 2011? maybe. i just hope it makes it til The Old Republic comes out. Then hide with some mobs and see what a sith does about that *** >.>
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7