Salvage Is Now Officially Dead?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Salvage/Assault » Salvage is now officially dead?
Salvage is now officially dead?
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Valefor.Neokenesis
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2010-09-08 22:51:23  
After going over the stats for the new AF3 gear I think that the end result for salvage gear is to be placed in storage ; ;
[+]
 Asura.Joslyn
サーバ: Asura
user: Joslyn
By Asura.Joslyn 2010-09-08 22:53:42  
Lol wow and to think i was gonna go after salvage gear
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 22:57:22  
Yeah, only things I can think of being useful still are Morrigan's hands (till next update I'm sure), Skadi feet for movement? And Ares's Cuirass is still top for Steel Cyclone and a decent piece for refresh.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
サーバ: Sylph
user: Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 23:01:29  
There are a few pieces still worthwhile if you're willing to spend the money still. I wouldn't blow 8~12M for a Salvage body now with the addition of hands/body most likely coming in 3 months however others could justify doing so.
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 23:03:57  
Morrigan hands arent that good anymore since that galka nm I believe a few updates ago drops the mnd and macc cuffs the brown ones forgot the name. Then there is teal cuffs also 5macc. Zmitts+1 obviously better than morri cuffs too or af+1 hands for blm if u want a skill build. I own cuffs but tbh they have been beaten long ago. Real question is does a mix build beat 5/5 morrigan or not anymore and not just when you can use af2 tonban. I havent done the maths.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 23:08:18  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Morrigan hands arent that good anymore since that galka nm I believe a few updates ago drops the mnd and macc cuffs the brown ones forgot the name. Then there is teal cuffs also 5macc. Zmitts+1 obviously better than morri cuffs too or af+1 hands for blm if u want a skill build. I own cuffs but tbh they have been beaten long ago. Real question is does a mix build beat 5/5 morrigan or not anymore and not just when you can use af2 tonban. I havent done the maths.

I was leaning more to them being useful for INT enfeebles, like sleeps. And yeah, Morrigan's is obsolete aside from body after this update in terms of nuking. 7MAB on legs destroys Morrigan's pants for nukes, feet always sucked for nukes, head useless without full set etc.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2010-09-08 23:09:47  
yeah im sure maybe bits and pieces can be used after this update. but after next update meh...
 Sylph.Royalblood
By Sylph.Royalblood 2010-09-08 23:11:45  
i hear that they plan on adding salvage gear to the trials to be augmented in the future because they did not want to break gear that people put alot of time and money getting im not 100 percent sure just something i heard
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-08 23:13:26  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Krsone said:
I was leaning more to them being useful for INT enfeebles, like sleeps. And yeah, Morrigan's is obsolete aside from body after this update in terms of nuking. 7MAB on legs destroys Morrigan's pants for nukes, feet always sucked for nukes, head useless without full set etc.

Thats what im saying just need to do the maths on a mix build vs full morrigan build. using af3 legs, selenian cap i assume morri body zmitts+1 and w/e feet is still best yigit? idk.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-08 23:23:48  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Sylph.Krsone said:

I still need legs :< But yeah, Salvage gear got *** destroyed this update aside from the bodies and stuff like Skadi feet.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 23:23:51  
I think those INT feet (they look like goliard clogs) from a VNM in Konschtat beat Yigit just a bit, but yeah, Af3 mix set blows Morrigans away.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-08 23:43:28  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
I still need legs :< But yeah, Salvage gear got *** destroyed this update aside from the bodies and stuff like Skadi feet.

I was trying to finish set, need head still. Gonna assume SAM body piece will trump Usu so meh I guess I save myself some time and money.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-08 23:52:50  
Inb4alexandritesworthmorethandynamiscurrency.
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-08 23:53:56  
Sylph.Royalblood said:
i hear that they plan on adding salvage gear to the trials to be augmented in the future because they did not want to break gear that people put alot of time and money getting im not 100 percent sure just something i heard
I really hope they dont screw everyone over with this, they really need to keep gear augments through magian flowing... it would really be nice if they opened it up to, not all gear, but maybe r/ex gear in general that people have put time into.. im sure initially it will be limited though, but maybe farther down the line
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-08 23:59:15  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:

I was trying to finish set, need head still. Gonna assume SAM body piece will trump Usu so meh I guess I save myself some time and money.
I'd really like to finish Morrigan's Robe but given today's update I'm hesitant to invest the gil required. Empyrean body isn't going to obsolete all its uses for me, but I could see a combination of 2-3 future bodies surpassing it quite easily now. Legs I'm more willing to finish as they're not nearly as expensive, so provided the rest of my static is still interested in Salvaging I'll likely at least finish those.
Sylph.Oddin said:
Inb4alexandritesworthmorethandynamiscurrency.
Not sure if I'd laugh or rage. It's already up to 5k here, which is absolutely ridiculous.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 00:03:01  
I'd still consider getting the pieces and holding off on the upgrades in case trials for Salvage gear do get added. Those would have to be some pretty beast augments though to beat things like what MNK got today.
Also 5k really? I need to check prices, I have stacks and stacks of alex in storage lol.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:11:21  
I honestly don't expect them to go all that high seeing as a good majority of mythics aren't worth it but I do feel sorry for the people stuck in the middle of one hoping to finish it relatively soon. Their day just got super shitty.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-09-09 00:17:30  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
I'd still consider getting the pieces and holding off on the upgrades in case trials for Salvage gear do get added. Those would have to be some pretty beast augments though to beat things like what MNK got today.
Also 5k really? I need to check prices, I have stacks and stacks of alex in storage lol.
That's the plan, but obviously the rest of my group has to be interested in continued runs. Yeah, every damn bazaar I've seen in Port Jeuno with alexandrite is bazaaring it at 4.8-5k.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 00:25:13  
I've been having a hard time getting people to go to salvage, used to be so consistent like 5x/week, then 1 run every 2 weeks, probably won't see a run for a while now. Shame though, salvage is pretty fun low drop rates aside.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:26:33  
I did shout runs every single day for the past 6 months. Now I probably won't seen another run ever again unless I convince some very bored friends to come along. AND I'm now 14/15 on Usukane set... God damn 35 hands...
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-09 00:26:33  
Lol and I had finally gotten my 25 morri body... like 1/33 /sigh
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-09 00:28:38  
Sylph.Oddin said:
I did shout runs every single day for the past 6 months. Now I probably won't seen another run ever again unless I convince some very bored friends to come along. AND I'm now 14/15 on Usukane set... God damn 35 hands...

At least you have body :< I look so pro in my Domaru.
[+]
 Sylph.Oddin
By Sylph.Oddin 2010-09-09 00:30:41  
Yeah I am fortunate. I just wish I could of finished the set before this update came. I had a feeling something like this would knock Salvage out for a while.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-09-09 00:31:41  
just gotta keep faith that SE will see the light and upgrade salvage gear...it wouldn't take much effort to make trials for them >_> hell maybe even something like limbus where you use alexandrite to upgrade it. anything!
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 00:55:32  
Sylph.Oddin said:

August 2006 to August 2010 and im still 14/15 usu ...
Id say bout 600 qiqirn treasure hunters 1st drop in 2006 went to Terran who didnt appraise for years, I think he has quit now too not that he is to blame at all. Only other macha coat drop febuary this year I gave to Bahamuth.

/feels your pain, but im fairly sure im unluckier lol.
[+]
 Valefor.Neokenesis
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2010-09-09 01:47:10  
I only made this thread cause after a 1yr 1/2 and just recently completing 2 full sets a few weeks ago and 0 gil left in bank, I feel very sad about todays update. Full usu and full morri and everything besides bodies will probably end up in storage. MNK/NIN/SAM RDM/BLM all just got something better mix'n'match ; ;
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2010-09-09 01:53:35  
2 full sets in a year and a half I feel your pain but count yourself lucky you got it so fast tbh even if you only had a short period of time 5/5 usu reigned strong its better than 14/15 usu. At least youre getting to lvl to 85 in it assuming you arent using ursine claws.
 Valefor.Ryukuro
user: Ryukuro
By Valefor.Ryukuro 2010-09-09 02:00:47  
I doubt SE would allow Salvage gear to just die out after making drop rates so abysmal and making people spend so much time/effort/gil on it. Im almost certain after next update Salvage gear will be augmentable in some way via Magians.
[+]
 Sylph.Kaiye
user: Kaiye
By Sylph.Kaiye 2010-09-09 02:01:49  
/sigh
Was so looking forward to a full Marduk set. <3 It for Brd. Almost seems pointless now to keep trying :( Hope SE augments.
 Sylph.Zoeyy
user: Dartt
By Sylph.Zoeyy 2010-09-09 02:02:50  
Wouldn't say it's dead yet! Just because there are new pieces out doesn't mean they're going to be easy to obtain in their final +2 or whatever form.

Besides, I still have faith SE will do some set of trials ot upgrade salvage armor when the next update rolls around.

Then again, SE seems to like to t(^_^t) to players a lot =\

But, I'll still go on shouts with you Oddin! ^^

And yeah, Macha's Coat is just a myth.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5