サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-20 16:36:57  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well heroes is going to be the last abyssea expansion...if lvl cap is only going to 90... I wonder if SE is going to release an actual full expansion like TOAU
nobody really mentioned that in other threads..and its very possible and god am i hoping for "the far east" lol ... like where Tenzen is from, because the "far east" i dont think referred to AU
yeah the far east didn't refer to AU. and yeah be pretty sweet to go to tenzen's city. hopefully it this does become true, hopefully it will have an asian architecture theme. Cuz we alrdy got our doping wooden/jungle houses(windurst) european/dark ages theme (san d'oria) industrial/sand pit dwellings (bastok) 2 pirate towns(selbina/mhaura) 1 cave (norg) another jungle town (kazham) desert camp (rabao) and middle eastish(aht urghan)
You forgot Jeuno!
oh yeah! kinda mix between european/colonial style. but its basically a giant tower supported on bridges /shrug
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 16:39:19  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Jesus Christ, we're going back to 2005? I guess how broken Razed Ruins atma has made melees, lol.

Don't forget your Flux capacitor.

[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-20 16:40:54  
giazz do you actually play soccer
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 16:42:55  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

Yeah, I was actually at the soccer field for 3hrs earlier today.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-11-20 16:43:10  
Alexander.Xgalahadx said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well heroes is going to be the last abyssea expansion...if lvl cap is only going to 90... I wonder if SE is going to release an actual full expansion like TOAU
nobody really mentioned that in other threads..and its very possible and god am i hoping for "the far east" lol ... like where Tenzen is from, because the "far east" i dont think referred to AU
yeah the far east didn't refer to AU. and yeah be pretty sweet to go to tenzen's city. hopefully it this does become true, hopefully it will have an asian architecture theme. Cuz we alrdy got our doping wooden/jungle houses(windurst) european/dark ages theme (san d'oria) industrial/sand pit dwellings (bastok) 2 pirate towns(selbina/mhaura) 1 cave (norg) another jungle town (kazham) desert camp (rabao) and middle eastish(aht urghan)

Every dot is a major city with a mog. There is a lot to explore still(hopefully). :D

Aaaah... so much potential... I still wish the boat leaving from Norg would allow people to board.

As for the Rampage / Vorpal sword debate, I think the only real issue in making such a build for Abyssean activities is the utter lack of advanced weaponry.

Clearly SE has overlooked the effect of RR Atmas combined with a job's main weapon's Crit Hit WS ( Eg. WAR GA RR), so the choice to cut down each job's weapon repertoir (no more axes, daggers, swords for job such as DRK RNG COR etc) has hurt DRK a lot.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-20 16:43:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

this pleases me
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 16:44:53  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

this pleases me

Well cool lol

I love soccer. I've played since I was little etc.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-20 16:47:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

this pleases me

Well cool lol

i played in highschool/classic

right fullback and occasional one trick pony on right forward

not really much of a venue to play post hs here though and i certainly wasn't good enough for a scholarship :(

[+]
 Ragnarok.Zanno
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: zanno
By Ragnarok.Zanno 2010-11-20 16:52:42  
Map.png
I thought this was a fan made map?
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-20 16:53:49  
Ragnarok.Zanno said:
Map.png
I thought this was a fan made map?

correct
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 16:54:27  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

this pleases me

Well cool lol

not really much of a venue to play post hs here though and i certainly wasn't good enough for a scholarship :(

Ahh, nice!

Yeah, I played back in HS as well. And whenever I got the chance to do so else where.

I'm not actually playing for the university right now. Although I've considered it...but with work and college classes etc. I couldn't really find the time to actually get more serious with it.

Right now, I'm playing about 3 days a week. There's a small soccer club close to where I live, and lots of people go there usually (there's like 7 soccer fields there). I've been playing there.

I go to Costarica once a year as well (have another house there), and there's some really good places for soccer indoor as well. It's fun.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-20 16:59:58  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

this pleases me

Well cool lol

Ahh, nice!

Yeah, I played back in HS as well. And whenever I got the chance to do so else where.

I'm not actually playing for the university right now. Although I've considered it...but with work and college classes etc. I couldn't really find the time to actual get more serious with it.

Right now, I'm playing about 3 days a week. There's a small soccer club close to where I live, and lots of people go there usually. I've been playing there.

I go to Costarica once a year as well (Have another house there), and there's some really good places for soccer indoor as well. It's fun.

i'm jealous lol

the american south just isn't a haven for adult recreational soccer

plus like you, between bjj and college i really couldn't add anything else if i wanted to, even xi pretty much went by the wayside ><

i am also jealous because your native latino abilities clearly give you RR/VV for soccer

[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 17:06:11  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i'm jealous lol

plus like you, between bjj and college i really couldn't add anything else if i wanted to, even xi pretty much went by the wayside ><

i am also jealous because your native latino abilities clearly give you RR/VV for soccer

My friends in the US tell me that I don't look latino though.

It had its advantages back in HS, somewhat. I could sit at lunch with black people since I was hispanic, or with white people since my skin is white.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-20 17:07:45  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i'm jealous lol

It had its advantages back in HS, somewhat. I could sit at lunch with black people since I was hispanic, or with white people since my skin is white.

it ain't matter if you look latino or not

the ball knows when you touch it

and obeys your every whim
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-11-20 17:08:03  
sorry original thread :x
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-11-20 17:14:16  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:

i'm jealous lol

it ain't matter if you look latino or not

the ball knows when you touch it

and obeys your every whim

Well I try. There's always someone better. Although those are the most fun to play with, since you can learn from them.

Also, the dark skinned latino is really a generalization and misconception. There's lots of white hispanics in Costa Rica (where I was born). Also in other places such as Argentina, Chile etc. Heck even Mexico has white hispanics lol
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2010-11-21 07:22:51  
Has anyone tried Vorpal Scythe with razed ruins atma? It has a chance to crit so maybe it can do as well or better than rampage (I hope).
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-11-21 07:50:42  
Not gonna happen I'm afraid ;x Vorpal Scythe is shite and Rampage is great.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 07:59:03  
This intrigues me, but I'd definitely say Vorpal Blade build rather than saying and/or Rampage. If you're looking for damage, use Vorpal. It's the better of the two. DRK also has better access to higher base damage swords, rather than axes. The builds people posted are solid.

Comments on Vorpal Scythe also intrigue me. My LS leader has Apoc, but we haven't done Misareaux Coast, as we're all pretty chill and slow. So no RR atma yet. However, though they are different Weaponskills, upon receiving my Afflictors the other day on War, with just VV atma and tier 1 cruor buffs and a relatively good STR build, popped off a few Backhand Blows for 1100+ damage. I'd think you'd be able to do similar/higher numbers with Vorpal Scythe, from experience before Abyssea ever existed when I broke my Scythe of Trials on War, was able to get it to do near 1k on Steelshells. Of course, +30% damage to that is still only going to put out like 1500 or so, which isn't bad, but also isn't all that hot.

I beg to ask though, what's in a weaponskill? They aren't the majority of a DRK's damage anyway. It's as if the WS is all that matters to people these days. I'd say a DRK with a good scythe, particularly Apocalypse would be fine like everyone else. I mean, he may look like ***in shorter fights, but in long fights when the double damage gets to proc(and it procs often from observation) it's like... WAM! Catastrophe for 1.4~2.3k damage and then WAM! 1.5k critical hit.

Course there's no reason not to do both builds situationally.

Nice to see though, that people are falling back on other means when they want better results. I can't tell you how many times people had bitched me out/laughed at me/etc. before abyssea about how War doesn't need to use all the weapons that it can, and just like when I got the same treatment back in 05/06 about using Great Axe in burns/exp/anywhere who is laughing now?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 08:24:51  
Asura.Vyre said:
This intrigues me, but I'd definitely say Vorpal Blade build rather than saying and/or Rampage. If you're looking for damage, use Vorpal. It's the better of the two. DRK also has better access to higher base damage swords, rather than axes. The builds people posted are solid. Comments on Vorpal Scythe also intrigue me. My LS leader has Apoc, but we haven't done Misareaux Coast, as we're all pretty chill and slow. So no RR atma yet. However, though they are different Weaponskills, upon receiving my Afflictors the other day on War, with just VV atma and tier 1 cruor buffs and a relatively good STR build, popped off a few Backhand Blows for 1100+ damage. I'd think you'd be able to do similar/higher numbers with Vorpal Scythe, from experience before Abyssea ever existed when I broke my Scythe of Trials on War, was able to get it to do near 1k on Steelshells. Of course, +30% damage to that is still only going to put out like 1500 or so, which isn't bad, but also isn't all that hot. I beg to ask though, what's in a weaponskill? They aren't the majority of a DRK's damage anyway. It's as if the WS is all that matters to people these days. I'd say a DRK with a good scythe, particularly Apocalypse would be fine like everyone else. I mean, he may look like ***in shorter fights, but in long fights when the double damage gets to proc(and it procs often from observation) it's like... WAM! Catastrophe for 1.4~2.3k damage and then WAM! 1.5k critical hit. Course there's no reason not to do both builds situationally. Nice to see though, that people are falling back on other means when they want better results. I can't tell you how many times people had bitched me out/laughed at me/etc. before abyssea about how War doesn't need to use all the weapons that it can, and just like when I got the same treatment back in 05/06 about using Great Axe in burns/exp/anywhere who is laughing now?
huh?
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-11-21 08:36:08  
I have done Vorpal Scythe a couple of times for the lulz, on high defense mobs (like amhuluk), spikes are on par with full guillotines, and no proc is on par with a 2/4 guillotine or so.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 09:26:20  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I have done Vorpal Scythe a couple of times for the lulz, on high defense mobs (like amhuluk), spikes are on par with full guillotines, and no proc is on par with a 2/4 guillotine or so.
should try souleater + vorpal blade + RR. its much fun
especially drk/sam for sekkanoki. can nearly kill yourself >:D
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 09:26:29  
Quote:
If you're looking for damage, use Vorpal. It's the better of the two.
Not sure as pertaining to drk as weapon x vs weapon y, but the actual WS itself, rampage is a better ws.

4.5 ftp vs 4 ftp w/ the same 30% str mod.

Edit:

The highest dmg sword I could find was 56

w/ a 4.0 ftp mod it becomes 224 DMG

w/ a 4.5 FTP mod, woodville's 50 dmg becomes 225 DMG.

Not seeing how vorpal is better, even for a drk, lol.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 09:33:06  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Not sure as pertaining to drk as weapon x vs weapon y, but the actual WS itself, rampage is a better ws. 4.5 ftp vs 4 ftp w/ the same 30% str mod.
wouldn't the weapon play a key factor in this? cuz drk has easier access to higher damage swords/able to use organics?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 09:35:17  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Not sure as pertaining to drk as weapon x vs weapon y, but the actual WS itself, rampage is a better ws. 4.5 ftp vs 4 ftp w/ the same 30% str mod.
wouldn't the weapon play a key factor in this? cuz drk has easier access to higher damage swords/able to use organics?
Well he was only talking about the ws, and from organics, you're losing 8 base DMG towards ws, so I can't see 3% crit rate winning over that. even w/ the 30% boost in crit dmg from razed ruins
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 09:37:06  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Well he was only talking about the ws, and from organics, you're losing 8 base DMG towards ws, so I can't see 3% crit rate winning over that. even w/ the 30% boost in crit dmg from razed ruins
yeah true~just thought for some reason raising crit rate higher will benefit the ws
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 17:36:04  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Not sure as pertaining to drk as weapon x vs weapon y, but the actual WS itself, rampage is a better ws. 4.5 ftp vs 4 ftp w/ the same 30% str mod. Edit: The highest dmg sword I could find was 56 w/ a 4.0 ftp mod it becomes 224 DMG w/ a 4.5 FTP mod, woodville's 50 dmg becomes 225 DMG. Not seeing how vorpal is better, even for a drk, lol.
You mean 2.5 ftp mod...
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 17:39:52  
Asura.Vyre said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Not sure as pertaining to drk as weapon x vs weapon y, but the actual WS itself, rampage is a better ws. 4.5 ftp vs 4 ftp w/ the same 30% str mod. Edit: The highest dmg sword I could find was 56 w/ a 4.0 ftp mod it becomes 224 DMG w/ a 4.5 FTP mod, woodville's 50 dmg becomes 225 DMG. Not seeing how vorpal is better, even for a drk, lol.
You mean 2.5 ftp mod...
No, I meant 4.5

Only the first hit of ANY ws is modded by FTP. Every subsequent hit has 1.0 ftp.

Should learn what the *** you're talking about before you bust out the "..."s...
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 17:47:18  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
You mean 2.5 ftp mod...
No, I meant 4.5 Only the first hit of ANY ws is modded by FTP. Every subsequent hit has 1.0 ftp. Should learn what the *** you're talking about before you bust out the "..."s...
Then tell me good man, why can't my Rampages out damage my Vorpal Blades? Do some field testing before you ***out stuff you've only looked up and haven't tested yourself.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 17:50:05  
Asura.Vyre said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
You mean 2.5 ftp mod...
No, I meant 4.5 Only the first hit of ANY ws is modded by FTP. Every subsequent hit has 1.0 ftp. Should learn what the *** you're talking about before you bust out the "..."s...
Then tell me good man, why can't my Rampages out damage my Vorpal Blades? Do some field testing before you ***out stuff you've only looked up and haven't tested yourself.
You know nothing of game mechanics, lol. There could be a numerous number of reasons to get better vorpal damage.. When your conditions are exactly the same, same gear, same base dmg weapon, same skill, etc. Vorpal will not outdamage rampage.

Again you have no clue what you're talking about.

Hold alt, and press f4
[+]