Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 19:03:10  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Vyre said:
I see you've grown impatient and didn't read out where I put that the weapons had radically different base damage. I.E. Dissector Vs. Woodsville
And your point is? No matter what weapon you use, you can't prove vorpal > rampage, when you bring a parse that says otherwise. How in the world is that parse supposed to prove your point? It has 0 to do with impatience. It has to do with you not proving a single thing.

Ah, I thought you were a math wiz. Not someone prone to insult throwing. I posted it thinking you'd first subtract the average Vorpals away 14 times to cover the difference in number of times used. Then I thought, since you know, you're such a math master and all that, that you'd either find a way to calculate what the average damage would be if the swords were the same base as the axes, or at least say that it wasn't possible to tell from this parse. So much for being super math genius huh?

If I can get into a parse with my current swords, though I usually offhand Maneater; I'll post it up here. I'm after Hannibal's, currently mainhand an Organics. Barring that I'm an idiot though, it's some sort of food for thought huh(and this last part isn't addressed to Tiger at all)?
 Carbuncle.Axle
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Zephin
By Carbuncle.Axle 2010-11-21 19:16:49  
Aren't both crit based? and vorpal is suckier? And your a war, so axe skill is > than sword.

Don't need much math to compare a A- 5hit to a B+ 4 hit.

Erm drk forums... hmmm

K then B- 5hit to B- 4hit lol
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 19:17:28  
When did I claim to be a math genius? I simply asked for proof of your claim, which you were unable to provide.

Unless you think that knowing how FTP works equates to a math genius. If that's the case, then you should probably go back to 4th grade or something.

Again you were the one set out to prove something.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:19:36  
Asura.Vyre said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Vyre said:
I see you've grown impatient and didn't read out where I put that the weapons had radically different base damage. I.E. Dissector Vs. Woodsville
And your point is? No matter what weapon you use, you can't prove vorpal > rampage, when you bring a parse that says otherwise. How in the world is that parse supposed to prove your point? It has 0 to do with impatience. It has to do with you not proving a single thing.
Ah, I thought you were a math wiz. Not someone prone to insult throwing. I posted it thinking you'd first subtract the average Vorpals away 14 times to cover the difference in number of times used. Then I thought, since you know, you're such a math master and all that, that you'd either find a way to calculate what the average damage would be if the swords were the same base as the axes, or at least say that it wasn't possible to tell from this parse. So much for being super math genius huh? If I can get into a parse with my current swords, though I usually offhand Maneater; I'll post it up here. I'm after Hannibal's, currently mainhand an Organics. Barring that I'm an idiot though, it's some sort of food for thought huh(and this last part isn't addressed to Tiger at all)?
umm...aren't you war main?
so obviously axes > swords for you?
so why would you settle for a weapon class with lower skill
hannibal's sword for war?

redundant post is redundant
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2010-11-21 19:23:16  
so... you're right, because tiger didn't make your point for you?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:27:45  
On my gimpy *** drk. I mainly just use souleater then pop either vorpal blade or rampage. depending how i'm feeling.
my vorpals go from anywhere between 1400~3000ish. with 266 sword skill
while my rampages go from 1300~2500ish with 183 axe skill then swap to my greatsword and go back to dealing 500+ crits
but I think just from a skill differeance rampage is pumping out better #'s and once I hit cap (hopefully sooon) it will be more along the lines of 3k+
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-21 19:31:28  
Is that crit back complete crap? I got one a few days ago wasnt sure if I should be using it or not, Cavaros Mantle or w/e its called.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 19:33:16  
Quetzalcoatl.Volkom said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Asura.Vyre said:
Ah, I thought you were a math wiz. Not someone prone to insult throwing. I posted it thinking you'd first subtract the average Vorpals away 14 times to cover the difference in number of times used. Then I thought, since you know, you're such a math master and all that, that you'd either find a way to calculate what the average damage would be if the swords were the same base as the axes, or at least say that it wasn't possible to tell from this parse. So much for being super math genius huh? If I can get into a parse with my current swords, though I usually offhand Maneater; I'll post it up here. I'm after Hannibal's, currently mainhand an Organics. Barring that I'm an idiot though, it's some sort of food for thought huh(and this last part isn't addressed to Tiger at all)?
umm...aren't you war main? so obviously axes > swords for you? so why would you settle for a weapon class with lower skill hannibal's sword for war? redundant post is redundant

Because I am of the belief that Vorpal Blade is a superior weaponskill, and that swords deal out higher DPS. I'm actually sluggishly trying to get a Hannibal's Sword and a Tyrfing. And really more over, it's just personal preference. When the 85 cap was released, at level 82 with Organics/bloodsword I was able to pour out Vorpals for 1800+ quite often. It caused many examines lol x,x; Whereas my Rampages had a harder time reaching that plateau, and they still do.

And sorry Tiger, for flying off the handle at you, but I'm going to continue to disagree about how FTP works because of consistent everyday results.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 19:33:35  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Is that crit back complete crap? I got one a few days ago wasnt sure if I should be using it or not, Cavaros Mantle or w/e its called.

Yup pretty much
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:33:45  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
supposedly raises crit damage by 3% but iono how it effects weaponskills compared to cuchulains or forager's mantle
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:35:21  
A one-handed weapon with average delay and damage ratings, the sword is the primary weapon for Paladins, Red Mages, and Blue Mages. Swords could be said to bridge the gap between the low-damage, low-delay daggers and the high-damage high-delay axes.

Axes are one-handed weapons that have high damage and high delay. They are used primarily by Warriors and Beastmasters but also by Dark Knights. Rangers can equip axes like Fransisca and Kriegsbeil mainly for their considerable bonuses to ranged attack and ranged accuracy.
Axes are damage powerhouses intended to utilize damage-over-time to the fullest with strong weapon skills such as Rampage to back up their damage-over-time efficiency
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 19:38:36  
Not that my opinion matters much, but I have one, and it seems alright, especially when used in conjunction with a Brave Grip if you can afford to give up on pole grip/Rose Strap/don't have one. With the Job trait and Brave/Cavaros you're supposed to have +11% Critical hit damage.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:40:32  
Asura.Vyre said:
Not that my opinion matters much, but I have one, and it seems alright, especially when used in conjunction with a Brave Grip if you can afford to give up on pole grip/Rose Strap/don't have one. With the Job trait and Brave/Cavaros you're supposed to have +11% Critical hit damage.
can't use a grip with a hand axe =/
[+]
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2010-11-21 19:41:24  
Not gonna really get into the whole vorpal vs rampage thing, but this last post. Swords come in quite a variety of flavors, *** sword class weapons like *** sword and company sword have some of the highest base dmg of 1H weapons for their respective levels. Unfortunate that they haven't released any new ones for post 75 but then again there's quite a general lack of non primary weapons in general.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-21 19:41:36  
Quote:
And sorry Tiger, for flying off the handle at you, but I'm going to continue to disagree about how FTP works because of consistent everyday results.

You can disagree all you want, but you're wrong, lol. and if that's what you personally want to believe, go ahead, but don't come here trying to encourage others the wrong way
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 19:41:52  
Asura.Vyre said:
I assumed Gradd meant with a 2handed weapon. I know that. I'm not THAT HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. lol woo edits woo xD
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:43:36  
Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Vyre said:
I assumed Gradd meant with a 2handed weapon. I know that. I'm not THAT HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE. lol woo edits woo xD
but you are just a little
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 19:45:14  
Asura.Vyre said:
Asura.Vyre said:
but you are just a little
I sure am lol.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 19:45:19  
Quote:

but I'm going to continue to disagree about how FTP works because of consistent everyday results.

Eyeballing. Good stuff.

Let's pretend Sword and Axe were same D rating (50)
fSTR capped at 13
pDif capped
All crits
STR is 150

50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.0*3.0 = 1224 (Vorpal)
50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.5*3.0 = 1377 (Rampage)

But your experiences refute math. Keep it up.

[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-11-21 19:46:44  
Brave Grip is good? What is this.........?
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:47:11  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Quote:
but I'm going to continue to disagree about how FTP works because of consistent everyday results.
Eyeballing. Good stuff. Let's pretend Sword and Axe were same D rating (50) fSTR capped at 13 pDif capped All crits STR is 150 50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.0*3.0 = 1224 (Vorpal) 50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.5*3.0 = 1377 (Rampage) But your experiences refute math. Keep it up.
does vorpal blade have a higher crit % at 300tp than rampage?
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 19:49:22  
Nope
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:51:15  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Nope
i think we found a winnar
thanks for eyeballing math <3
 Leviathan.Draylo
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2010-11-21 19:51:57  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

Was for cannonball!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2010-11-21 19:58:13  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Was for cannonball!
what about claymore grip?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-11-21 19:59:10  
Sword VS Axe depends on your merits honestly.
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-11-21 20:00:58  
Two questions since I don't feel like reading what seems to be mindless arguing.

I have 8/8 sword merits; is Rampage still better?

What should a DRK offhand if going this route, then?

Also, what's the best axe atm?
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 20:07:28  
Leviathan.Draylo said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Was for cannonball!
what about claymore grip?
I might try it sometime >:D
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2010-11-21 20:11:27  
Ifrit.Darkanaseur said:
Quote:
Eyeballing. Good stuff. Let's pretend Sword and Axe were same D rating (50) fSTR capped at 13 pDif capped All crits STR is 150 50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.0*3.0 = 1224 (Vorpal) 50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*4.5*3.0 = 1377 (Rampage) But your experiences refute math. Keep it up.
I will sometime, for my experience is that where Rampage's ftp is 2.5 altogether, with a guranteed double attack. So it's
50+13+(150*.30)*.85)*3.5*3.0 = 1063
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-11-21 20:17:00  
All after the first get rounded to 1. This is fact. Otherwise multi hit WS like Shark Bite and other high fTP WS would be doing insane damage.

I also have to question the logic that makes you disagree about subsequent hits getting rounded up to 1, yet claim a DA proc would be rounded to 1.

Does not compute.
[+]