Game: FFXI
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 11:55:50  
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Although there is no +mp on it, Im loving them. This is great. Gonna enjoy full timing my set. I wonder what the body does for dread spikes though. I hope it increases the amount absorbed to your full amount of hp rather than half. And enhancing abs-tp is a godsend too. All in all, good stuffs.
Why would you want +mp on them.. And what? fulltime the set? D:
Why would I want more magic points....really? I think thats self explanitory. And yes.....Im full timing mine. From the head to the legs. I will be "baled out". You gots a problem with it, rate me down. lol :p
Yes, why? I have like 800-900MP on DRK/SAM inside abyssea >_> Humes etc would have like 600 I guess, which is more than enough for an occational spell with this much meds.. And lol fulltime... learn2gearswap.

Thats fine. Grats on your 800-900 mp. As a taru i wouldnt expect less. Im a hume.....I have around 630 in abyssea and around 500 something out of it. I would have liked to have more on my AF. I didnt get it (which is no big deal) but it would have been nice. Also, I know ho to gearswap.I have very nice macros for my WS. Im still full timing it cause I can and the gearswap police dont exist.

I somehow doubt that...

And make no mistake, if you full time the AF3 set... you're doing it seriously wrong. Although if doing significantly less damage is your goal... I suppose you're in the right track.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-07 12:13:00  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Although there is no +mp on it, Im loving them. This is great. Gonna enjoy full timing my set. I wonder what the body does for dread spikes though. I hope it increases the amount absorbed to your full amount of hp rather than half. And enhancing abs-tp is a godsend too. All in all, good stuffs.
Why would I want more magic points....really? I think thats self explanitory. And yes.....Im full timing mine. From the head to the legs. I will be "baled out". You gots a problem with it, rate me down. lol :p
Yes, why? I have like 800-900MP on DRK/SAM inside abyssea >_> Humes etc would have like 600 I guess, which is more than enough for an occational spell with this much meds.. And lol fulltime... learn2gearswap.
Thats fine. Grats on your 800-900 mp. As a taru i wouldnt expect less. Im a hume.....I have around 630 in abyssea and around 500 something out of it. I would have liked to have more on my AF. I didnt get it (which is no big deal) but it would have been nice. Also, I know ho to gearswap. I have very nice macros for my WS. Im still full timing it cause I can and the gearswap police dont exist.
People like you make me sad. Informed people that go out of there way to suck just cuz they can. I absolutely agree with Raen please let other drks get this first drks that care enough about the gear to use it effectively.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 12:21:45  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Because you'd be better off with mix and match for TP? Should let more serious DRKs have the best pieces first.

That still dosnt explain how full +2 armor is gimp in any way.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 12:22:55  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Because you'd be better off with mix and match for TP? Should let more serious DRKs have the best pieces first.

It's gimp to full time it...

Do you seriously don't know why?
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 12:23:52  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Thats fine. Grats on your 800-900 mp. As a taru i wouldnt expect less. Im a hume.....I have around 630 in abyssea and around 500 something out of it. I would have liked to have more on my AF. I didnt get it (which is no big deal) but it would have been nice. Also, I know ho to gearswap.I have very nice macros for my WS. Im still full timing it cause I can and the gearswap police dont exist.
I somehow doubt that... And make no mistake, if you full time the AF3 set... you're doing it seriously wrong. Although if doing significantly less damage is your goal... I suppose you're in the right track.

Again....I still dont see how full AF +2 is gimp. I would be killing mobs just fine with it on. OH NOES I DIDNT DO THE MOST DMG IN THE WORLD. lol
 Cerberus.Urteil
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Urteil89
By Cerberus.Urteil 2010-12-07 12:24:22  
Also what about the entire added effect on a full +2 set, do you even know what it does?

No.

Maybe it would be worth it to use the full set to melee in. I am not sure yet.

@Pawnskipper
MP would have been nice, but if you want MP build a Darkness Magian weapon, they add 100 now - and if one is concerned about MP I suppose magical accuracy would be nice to pick up too?

I don't recommend partying with such a weapon, but its nice for solo or other things when you don't have 5+ people holding your hand and like to rely on yourself to accomplish things that you can.

@The Rest of you
I can't wait to have a capped haste set, get the twilight cloak and full time DRK/RDM spamming magic, and impact.

Just to spite the ***out of all of you.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 12:26:10  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Thats fine. Grats on your 800-900 mp. As a taru i wouldnt expect less. Im a hume.....I have around 630 in abyssea and around 500 something out of it. I would have liked to have more on my AF. I didnt get it (which is no big deal) but it would have been nice. Also, I know ho to gearswap. I have very nice macros for my WS. Im still full timing it cause I can and the gearswap police dont exist.
People like you make me sad. Informed people that go out of there way to suck just cuz they can. I absolutely agree with Raen please let other drks get this first drks that care enough about the gear to use it effectively.

People like you make me laugh. You assume one is not any good beacuse one is not gearswapping.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 12:27:51  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
It's gimp to full time it... Do you seriously don't know why?

The reasons your are giving me are along the lines of:

"If your not gear swapping, your doing it wrong."

so if I do my job and the mob is dead and every one got what they want, Im doing it wrong? This is were im lost.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 12:30:18  
Cerberus.Urteil said:
Also what about the entire added effect on a full +2 set, do you even know what it does? No. Maybe it would be worth it to use the full set to melee in. I am not sure yet. @Pawnskipper MP would have been nice, but if you want MP build a Darkness Magian weapon, they add 100 now - and if one is concerned about MP I suppose magical accuracy would be nice to pick up too? I don't recommend partying with such a weapon, but its nice for solo or other things when you don't have 5+ people holding your hand and like to rely on yourself to accomplish things that you can. @The Rest of you I can't wait to have a capped haste set, get the twilight cloak and full time DRK/RDM spamming magic, and impact. Just to spite the ***out of all of you.

I know about those scythes, Urteil. Like I said before, the no mp is not a deal breaker, just would have been nice is all I was getting at. I love the armor.
 Cerberus.Urteil
By Cerberus.Urteil 2010-12-07 12:31:35  
I understand gear swaps, I have scripts like any other good person to swap all my gear out EVERY TIME I do an action.

From WS'ing, to tanking in -pdt, etc.

Maybe, I'm tired of looking like a retired clown with red pants, and shoes, a multicolored body and a horned head.

Perhaps thats how Pawnskipper feels too, but do you seriously think if it came down to "Hey mother ***, put on those fruity pants and get that 7% haste of our party will lose."

He'd go "oooh *** that, full timan bale!"

No. But it never comes down to that, especially with HOW EASY EVERYTHING IS IN ABYSSEA.

It never comes down to "Haha ***, that DRK didn't have 5% more haste, and we lost!"

You're all dipshits.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2010-12-07 12:31:39  
The Atma is no troll attempt. I wonder how much the initial boost is though and can it compete with Razed Ruins jobs =X
 Cerberus.Urteil
By Cerberus.Urteil 2010-12-07 12:34:34  
I'm thouroughly convinced that if somebody got Atma of the baying moon, MM on DRK, was eating asetics tonics like candy, and had a powerful ma-atk bonus set.

You'd easily be seeing 1200+ Tier III nukes (With LolAero), 1600+ (easily) Infernal Scythe, and god *** knows how much impact would be doing.

Just a thought, until things change for the next three months.

Instead of going "OH GAWD I WISH I WAS WARRIOR."

I'm sure there's even better combos if you want to pimp a specific spell.

And wouldn't a +darkness attack atma, increase the power of Infernal?

Maybe its time to think outside the box for a bit, at least until the new update.
[+]
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 12:39:13  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

so if I do my job and the mob is dead and every one got what they want, Im doing it wrong? This is were im lost.

It's about maximizing your effectiveness on the job you play as a whole, and the standards of gear swapping and proper multiple gear sets allow you to make your DRK more desirable for team play or solo. It's not all about e-peen, but also contributing where it's needed, so use that gear to your advantage and do something for the sake of improving oneself and others.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-07 12:39:27  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

If you're not gear swapping, you're taking more time to kill the monster, taking more damage when you have hate, wasting more of the healer's MP, wasting more traverser stones, and risking death more (a dead mob is the only mob that cannot kill you) by taking so long. Yes, you are in fact doing it wrong.

Edit: Remember, the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one. By not striving to play at the maximum level, you drag down the whole group, and would be better off leaving that group and letting them find a better player.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 12:42:37  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:

The reasons should have been obvious...

If you full time the AF3 set... you're losing at least 6% haste in your TP phase. That's going to make you lose very significant melee DoT and WS frequency, specially at higher haste situations. That's going to result in a significant decrease in your overall damage.

Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra said:

If you're not gear swapping, you're taking more time to kill the monster, taking more damage when you have hate, wasting more of the healer's MP, wasting more traverser stones, and risking death more (a dead mob is the only mob that cannot kill you) by taking so long. Yes, you are in fact doing it wrong.

Also, this ^
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 12:56:08  
Fenrir.Skarwind said:
The Atma is no troll attempt. I wonder how much the initial boost is though and can it compete with Razed Ruins jobs =X
Well, I can expect it being used with VV/RR Once we find out how to obtain the third Lunar Abyssite. More scythe/greatsword attack and accuracy coupled on with increased WS damage bumps those weapons' effectiveness up significantly, I would imagine.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 12:59:28  
Is there only one Atma like that? (I haven't been keeping up with the game much lately, haven't played in a while...)

In other words, are there other atmas with stuff like Great axe skill+ etc. too?
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 13:01:57  
Cerberus.Urteil said:
I understand gear swaps, I have scripts like any other good person to swap all my gear out EVERY TIME I do an action. From WS'ing, to tanking in -pdt, etc. Maybe, I'm tired of looking like a retired clown with red pants, and shoes, a multicolored body and a horned head. Perhaps thats how Pawnskipper feels too, but do you seriously think if it came down to "Hey mother ***, put on those fruity pants and get that 7% haste of our party will lose." He'd go "oooh *** that, full timan bale!" No. But it never comes down to that, especially with HOW EASY EVERYTHING IS IN ABYSSEA. It never comes down to "Haha ***, that DRK didn't have 5% more haste, and we lost!" You're all dipshits.

<3 FEEEEL MEH!!!! lol
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-07 13:03:49  
Im confused.

I can tell. If you don't know why tping in only 21% haste and ws in only 28 str/81 Atk is inferior to using 26% haste gear and ws in 61 str/94 atk then I don't know what to tell you.

No one thinks they'll lose because they have a gimp Drk with them. People kill ***everyday in full Perle, this game isn't hard by any stretch.

Most people play this game in order to improve their character, and the best way to do that is by doing things with skilled players who care about doing their job correctly. With that in mind, if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade.

As often as gimp *** trot out the skill>gear argument though, the fact is skilled players are skilled players specifically because they understand the mechanics of the game, and work within those mechanics to optimize their characters.

You can play the unique snowflake card all you want and QQ about having to look at ugly gear. If you're playing solo go for it, no one cares.

If you choose, either through your own ego or ignorance, to be a hindrance on other players by wasting a slot that could have gone to a superior player, you're gimp.
[+]
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-07 13:16:11  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Is there only one Atma like that? (I haven't been keeping up with the game much lately, haven't played in a while...)

In other words, are there other atmas with stuff like Great axe skill+ etc. too?

It's pretty unique, SE seems to have been specifically Drk a handout on that one. No other single Atma gives a boost to a job's two main weapons like that. You can see the full list of the Atma pulled from the zone dats at: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Abyssea_Atma

That said, assuming it has a high proc rate, Atma of the Apocalypse will likely be the single strongest third Atma available. There are claims out there that TA minor gives a 7-10% ta rate. If you have a 5hit and Superior is say, 50%, you're looking at the possibility of going two attack rounds between ws every other ws.
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-07 13:16:45  
Asura.Solara said:

As often as gimp *** trot out the skill>gear argument though, the fact is skilled players are skilled players specifically because they understand the mechanics of the game, and work within those mechanics to optimize their characters.

You can play the unique snowflake card all you want and QQ about having to look at ugly gear. If you're playing solo go for it, no one cares.

If you choose, either through your own ego or ignorance, to be a hindrance on other players by wasting a slot that could have gone to a superior player, you're gimp.

I love you.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 13:18:42  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
The reasons your are giving me are along the lines of: "If your not gear swapping, your doing it wrong." so if I do my job and the mob is dead and every one got what they want, Im doing it wrong? This is were im lost.
It's about maximizing your effectiveness on the job you play as a whole, and the standards of gear swapping and proper multiple gear sets allow you to make your DRK more desirable for team play or solo. It's not all about e-peen, but also contributing where it's needed, so use that gear to your advantage and do something for the sake of improving oneself and others.

I can see were you are coming from and gearswapping is fine and all. And im not trying to make this like its an "e-peen" thing. And yes, gearswaping helps. But not doing so does not mean I an contributing any less to the over all goal of my group. I view gearswapping like I would the NQ and HQ versions of items. The normal quality is good and works like its suppose to, doing its job just fine. And the HQ is a "win more" type of thing; you dont need it to win but it helps. I have just always been more concerned with having a competent person in my group rather than a decked-out gearswapper who dosnt understand how to finish off their Darkness SC with a Drain II (hoping I can finish it off with Impact in the near future) lol
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-07 13:20:38  

I can see were you are coming from and gearswapping is fine and all. And im not trying to make this like its an "e-peen" thing. And yes, gearswaping helps. But not doing so does not mean I an contributing any less to the over all goal of my group. I view gearswapping like I would the NQ and HQ versions of items. The normal quality is good and works like its suppose to, doing its job just fine. And the HQ is a "win more" type of thing; you dont need it to win but it helps. I have just always been more concerned with having a competent person in my group rather than a decked-out gearswapper who dosnt understand how to finish off their Darkness SC with a Drain II (hoping I can finish it off with Impact in the near future) lol

We just explained to you several ways that you are indeed contributing less.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 13:31:55  
Asura.Solara said:
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:

It's pretty unique, SE seems to have been specifically Drk a handout on that one. No other single Atma gives a boost to a job's two main weapons like that. You can see the full list of the Atma pulled from the zone dats at: http://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Abyssea_Atma

That said, assuming it has a high proc rate, Atma of the Apocalypse will likely be the single strongest third Atma available. There are claims out there that TA minor gives a 7-10% ta rate. If you have a 5hit and Superior is say, 50%, you're looking at the possibility of going two attack rounds between ws every other ws.

Well, that's interesting. Certainly something worth looking into. And about the Atma of the Griffon's Claw, we can only hope that it gives a potent boost...

I can see were you are coming from and gearswapping is fine and all. And im not trying to make this like its an "e-peen" thing. And yes, gearswaping helps. But not doing so does not mean I an contributing any less to the over all goal of my group. I view gearswapping like I would the NQ and HQ versions of items. The normal quality is good and works like its suppose to, doing its job just fine. And the HQ is a "win more" type of thing; you dont need it to win but it helps.

Not gear swapping DOES mean that you're contributing less to the overall goal of your group. If you still don't know why, then you obviously didn't read any of the responses that people gave you.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-07 13:34:38  
I'm just upset that throughout this entire post....no one mentioned factoring in using arcane crest as you mow down the hordes of arcana that thwart you and your adventuring fellows. FOR VICTORY!!

Solara pretty much sums it up in the most practical way that I assume most take towards the characters, since being mindful of the greater good and best performance should be a focus. While yes, it might not make or break the game...you got to have fun as well. I'm guilty of harnessing the power of my blacksmith's apron on the battlefield....
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-07 13:41:08  
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.
I can tell. If you don't know why tping in only 21% haste and ws in only 28 str/81 Atk is inferior to using 26% haste gear and ws in 61 str/94 atk then I don't know what to tell you. No one thinks they'll lose because they have a gimp Drk with them. People kill ***everyday in full Perle, this game isn't hard by any stretch. Most people play this game in order to improve their character, and the best way to do that is by doing things with skilled players who care about doing their job correctly. With that in mind, if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade. As often as gimp *** trot out the skill>gear argument though, the fact is skilled players are skilled players specifically because they understand the mechanics of the game, and work within those mechanics to optimize their characters. You can play the unique snowflake card all you want and QQ about having to look at ugly gear. If you're playing solo go for it, no one cares. If you choose, either through your own ego or ignorance, to be a hindrance on other players by wasting a slot that could have gone to a superior player, you're gimp.
+1 to you.

The dude has proved that he is a moron..we can all move on now.

Wearing gear just for looks over utility is laughable. And knowing how gear works and how to correctly gear a job and picking Less hate > More haste for TPing is funny too. I don't care how "leet" any set of gear is in this game I can't think of 1 set that would be considered full time.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 13:47:12  
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.
I can tell. If you don't know why tping in only 21% haste and ws in only 28 str/81 Atk is inferior to using 26% haste gear and ws in 61 str/94 atk then I don't know what to tell you. No one thinks they'll lose because they have a gimp Drk with them. People kill ***everyday in full Perle, this game isn't hard by any stretch. Most people play this game in order to improve their character, and the best way to do that is by doing things with skilled players who care about doing their job correctly. With that in mind, if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade. As often as gimp *** trot out the skill>gear argument though, the fact is skilled players are skilled players specifically because they understand the mechanics of the game, and work within those mechanics to optimize their characters. You can play the unique snowflake card all you want and QQ about having to look at ugly gear. If you're playing solo go for it, no one cares. If you choose, either through your own ego or ignorance, to be a hindrance on other players by wasting a slot that could have gone to a superior player, you're gimp.

You still havent told me how wearing full + is HINDERING anything. Am I giving HP back to the mob. Also what are you talking about? This snowflake and ego thing....where did that come from? And the insults. Its like I said something about your unborn child. Chill out. Its a game. And I by no means do I have gimp gear. Im wearing full Bale gear. Get over it. If it really hurts your butt that bad, I will use some atmas to put me on par with you. And gearswapping isnt skill. Its gear swapping. If you dont like the opinion, cry me a river...build a bridge with 26% haste....and get over it. lol. You gear swap and kill stuff and I wont and kill stuff. But dont act like your better than anyone else cause they dont.
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 13:54:05  
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.

You still havent told me how wearing full + is HINDERING anything. Am I giving HP back to the mob. Also what are you talking about? This snowflake and ego thing....where did that come from? And the insults. Its like I said something about your unborn child. Chill out. Its a game. And I by no means do I have gimp gear. Im wearing full Bale gear. Get over it. If it really hurts your butt that bad, I will use some atmas to put me on par with you. And gearswapping isnt skill. Its gear swapping. If you dont like the opinion, cry me a river...build a bridge with 26% haste....and get over it. lol. You gear swap and kill stuff and I wont and kill stuff. But dont act like your better than anyone else cause they dont.

You are so clueless. You severely lack an understanding of game mechanics, and teamwork apparently.

Also, Solara is better than you by far. I can state that as a fact.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-07 13:58:08  
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.
A lot of people have explained it..you just aren't reading it.

Imagine a group of people all driving down the road all of them are going 80mph trying there hardest to stay as close to 80mph as possible. Then theres you that won't go over 60..just cuz. You're holding everyone back because just cuz you can..it's annoying.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 13:59:29  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.
+1 to you. The dude has proved that he is a moron..we can all move on now. Wearing gear just for looks over utility is laughable. And knowing how gear works and how to correctly gear a job and picking Less hate > More haste for TPing is funny too. I don't care how "leet" any set of gear is in this game I can't think of 1 set that would be considered full time.

Because this is an online forum and you are trying to impress that sexy lady next to you, I will ignore the Moron comment. But first, the set looks cool, but I didnt say I was wearing it for the looks. Great assumption. :) your win. Im fulling it because I like what they do. I should have added that im gonna full time the belt just to see you guys' panties in a bunch. lol. Secondly, Who said the set didnt have utility? This is were you are missing me. (altough I still refuse to gearswap for every thing) so I ask this AGAIN: How is the whole +2 set gimp? Get off your high horse, look at the armor and tell me its gimp. And dont say, its gimp because it dosnt have 26% haste. Cause by that logic, The twilight armor is gimp.