Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 16:06:09  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Missing orange box or shiny weapon then it's good lol.

Not gonna tell you what I had chosen as weapon for this "dream set" of mine, or it would cause too much commotion, lol.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 16:07:17  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:
WAR and MNK got gypped on their body pieces
What makes you say that?

Re: WAR TP: needs more 5-hit imo
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-12-07 16:08:52  
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:

Because this is an online forum and you are trying to impress that sexy lady next to you, I will ignore the Moron comment. But first, the set looks cool, but I didnt say I was wearing it for the looks. Great assumption. :) your win. Im fulling it because I like what they do. I should have added that im gonna full time the belt just to see you guys' panties in a bunch. lol. Secondly, Who said the set didnt have utility? This is were you are missing me. (altough I still refuse to gearswap for every thing) so I ask this AGAIN: How is the whole +2 set gimp? Get off your high horse, look at the armor and tell me its gimp. And dont say, its gimp because it dosnt have 26% haste. Cause by that logic, The twilight armor is gimp.

What do we have to do to make you stop talking?

Because people like you make DRKs as a whole look like a bunch of retards.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 16:11:18  
Asura.Solara said:
HINDERING
"To obstruct or delay the progress of. v.intr. To interfere with action or progress."
Solara said:
if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade.
Read for comprehension instead of trying to save face. By full timing gear that is inferior to what you could be using, you are both hindering their progress and leeching off their effort.
Quote:
Also what are you talking about? This snowflake and ego thing....where did that come from? And the insults. Its like I said something about your unborn child. Chill out. Its a game.
I'm talking about the fact that you consider yourself and your desires more important than those of the people who's efforts you rely on to gain gear. It's a selfish, arrogant way to play the game, because it detracts from the enjoyment and success of others. It's insulting to the other players around you that you would consider their time worth so little that you would waste it for what you admit are entirely pointless reasons.
Quote:
And I by no means do I have gimp gear. Im wearing full Bale gear. Get over it. If it really hurts your butt that bad, I will use some atmas to put me on par with you.
I'm not butthurt at all, all I did was point out that if you full time Bale you're gimp by choice. You're the one who reached for the Bengay and went defensive trying to justify your gimp choices. The chances that you would come close to on par with a correctly geared player while using full Bale are laughable.
Quote:
And gearswapping isnt skill. Its gear swapping. If you dont like the opinion, cry me a river...build a bridge with 26% haste....and get over it. lol. You gear swap and kill stuff and I wont and kill stuff. But dont act like your better than anyone else cause they dont.
What exactly do I need to get over? I made a single comment and you spent two pages trying to save face. Pretty much every other person in this thread agreed with me, so it's not me acting like I'm better than you or anyone else. It's not even about it at all. It's the community acknowledging that your idea is indefensibly flawed, and by the standards of the player base, gimp.

Hehe.....save face.....on here. lmao

To quote 1: I know what hindering means. And your not hindering anyone because you are not swapping gear. As long as your doing the expected dmg and doing what is needed with your job, your not hindering anyone. You just want it to seem that way. Im not against gearswapping. Im just not going to do it for every little thing.

To quote 2: This is wear its a matter of how you look at it. Your not doing 20% less dmg. The person who is gear swapping is doing 20% more damange. Thats not hindering anyone. You make it like a person is automatically not holding their weight because they are not gear swapping. Stop being so myopic.

to quote 3: Lol. She went there. I dont consider myself more important than anyone. Where did you pull that idea from? Because I dont want to swap my gear, Im playing in a selfish way? Im gonna be honest and say, NO! Considering that I am a very unselfish person in game and in real life, Im gonna have to say your going on a strecth there. And sense we are making up things about one another, you are an upstanding citizen and you gear swap because you believe its morally fitting for killing mobs. See I can do it too. If you think that a person not swapping his/her gear is insulting, you need to review the contents of your life. If time was that important you wouldnt be playing this game. get real. I dont think a mob living for another few seconds to a few minutes is going to make anyone late for their wedding.

To quote 4: lol. *breaks out the bengay* I guess im gimp by choice as per you guys. And define correctly geared for me please? Just seems really subjective.

To quote 5: The player base can think what they want. Im not losing any sleep. Everyone in this thread can agree with you until they are blue in the face. Still not changing my opinion on the subject. Gear swapping isnt a skill, it isnt required to win and not doing it isnt doing it wrong.

[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 16:12:43  
I wasn't quoted, I'm sad now :(
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-07 16:13:03  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Timarli is now even more useless than it was before

It's not useless, it's such lovely town gear on Mithra! I may swap out the War af3 dat with Timarli so I can toss mine into storage.
[+]
 Seraph.Rafik
サーバ: Seraph
user: dascorp
By Seraph.Rafik 2010-12-07 16:22:21  
Widowmaker R/E looks pretty sexy... I wonder how much double attack damage it increases by
[Main] All Races
DPS: 1476 DMG:124 Delay:504 STR+5 VIT+5 Increases "Double Attack" damage
LV 89 WAR
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 17:12:08  
Gear swapping isnt a skill, it isnt required to win and not doing it isnt doing it wrong.

Keep telling yourself that.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 17:25:49  
Seraph.Rafik said:
Widowmaker R/E looks pretty sexy... I wonder how much double attack damage it increases by
[Main] All Races
DPS: 1476 DMG:124 Delay:504 STR+5 VIT+5 Increases "Double Attack" damage
LV 89 WAR

At least widowmaker uses that fairly uncommon weapon design.

It's better than the traditional chopper look I guess. Starting to hate reskins here.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 19:07:19  
Odin.Sheelay said:

A topped off WAR should probably look something like this

...goddamn it.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 19:39:44  
Odin.Sheelay said:

A topped off WAR should probably look something like this

...goddamn it.

Pretty impressive, I know. (God I wish I had that stuff! Maybe one day...)

All I need to figure out now is how to show on an itemset the upgraded version of a relic.

I can't seem to figure it out. Anybody know?

Edit: Since I was using a Relic GA as weapon of choice in that dream set, here's something that should sound laughable at first, but could also prove terrifyingly good because of the ToM Augments

Imo, the Blitzer Poleyn with Haste +3% and Crit hit dmg +3% is quite an attractive option nowadays.

The lvl 90 Ragnarok grants a T IV Increase to critical hit rate, and if SE sticks to this kind of augments, at 99 it will reach T VI. Forget the stupid relic WS, it's DoT meleeing in this case.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 21:42:26  
Is it me or does that sound sexy now?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 22:05:53  
I was hoping someone would see my point :D
By Rahjan 2010-12-07 22:13:11  
this thread is too funny...

Everyone does realize it's a game.... right?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 22:15:32  
Rahjan said:

A game called Final Fantasy XI, am I right?
By Rahjan 2010-12-07 22:17:14  
Odin.Sheelay said:
Rahjan said:

/nod
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 22:18:52  
Rahjan said:
Odin.Sheelay said:
Rahjan said:

/nod

Good, I can keep on fantasizing on finishing Bravura one day then :D
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 22:25:15  
Odin.Sheelay said:
I was hoping someone would see my point :D
well don't take my word for it, I'm often corrected a lot.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 22:25:15  
Odin.Sheelay said:
All I need to figure out now is how to show on an itemset the upgraded version of a relic.

You can enter the item ID number to force it to use the correct one. For instance, I search for Bravur to bring up all 4 Bravuras, and the link for the correct one is http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18656/bravura. The item ID is 18656.
[+]
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 22:26:19  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

You can enter the item ID number to force it to use the correct one. For instance, I search for Bravur to bring up all 4 Bravuras, and the link for the correct one is http://www.ffxiah.com/item/18656/bravura. The item ID is 18656.

Thanks a lot Night! Fixed!
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-08 04:04:25  
Anyone find the DRK atma yet? Got really excited when I found out it was a synthetic atma then got really emo when I had no clue what you had to do to get it... and no its not from completing WotG Sandy missions, that is a completely different atma that was released with Scars "Atma of Camaraderie"

I am really curious to see how much it will increase DRK WS, hoping its enough to bring DRK into the spot like that it deserves :(
 Phoenix.Excelior
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Excelior
By Phoenix.Excelior 2010-12-08 04:18:59  
BODY: Bale Cuirass Rare Exclusive Body DEF:65 Attack+12 Lv89 DRK Bale Cuirass +1 Rare Exclusive Body DEF:68 Attack+28 Haste+2% Enhances "Dread Spikes" effect Lv89 DRK Bale Cuirass +2 Rare Exclusive Body DEF:71 Attack+38 Critical hit rate +4% Haste+3% Enhances "Dread Spikes" effect Set: Attack occasionally varies with HP Lv89 DRK -------------------------------------------------------- HANDS: Bale Gauntlets Rare Exclusive Hands DEF:26 Accuracy+3 Attack+3 Lv87 DRK Bale Gauntlets +1 Rare Exclusive Hands DEF:29 Accuracy+7 Attack+7 Great Sword skill +3 Haste+4% Enhances "Absorb-TP" effect Lv87 DRK Bale Gauntlets +2 Rare Exclusive Hands DEF:31 Accuracy+10 Attack+10 Great Sword skill +5 Haste+5% Enhances "Absorb-TP" effect Set: Attack occasionally varies with HP Lv87 DRK So perhaps SE is giving us SOME slack. Doesn't fix everything, but it's a welcome addition to our arsenal. Thoughts, etc.?

I guess the obvious answer is that it is better than everything currently. The only way it would change your TP builds beyond using the item itself would be how you obtain 25% haste. Obviously, this may allow you to redistribute haste to other slots in order to make room for other stats.

In the end the quality of gear is purely relative. ATM this is the best piece for the slot hands down. For that reason we can't make any further conclusions than that you should use it.

The body piece may not be better than Ebody though. I am too lazy to look up all the best gear combinations but that's also pointless. It only matters if those combinations are within your ability.

Just ask yourself if this will improve what you currently have, and if so then it is worth it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-08 06:21:14  
This is what I am currently shooting for as the "Perfect" Non Relic Scythe build for DRK right now. It's a 5-hit Build with 26% haste using the 10% Damage Version of Reckoning +2.

E:body/Noct are honestly dead, the Extra ACC isnt doing much at all for you, you get what +40 DEX now just being inside abyssea w/ Cruor buffs? Another 50 from Razed Ruins, not to mention FSTR is auto'capped from VV atma. The 3% Haste and 4% Crit rate should be destroying E:body violently with very very little effort at all.

Edit: You could switch out Homam for Ace's hose for like a STR Ring, but that tonberry is a douche and wont drop the ***for me even with Blue x;
 Bismarck.Dreakon
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-16 12:18:09  
I would assume if you are using the OA2-4 times Scythe you would want to swap out the Brutal for an Abysal Earring, correct?
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-12-16 12:58:41  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
This is what I am currently shooting for as the "Perfect" Non Relic Scythe build for DRK right now. It's a 5-hit Build with 26% haste using the 10% Damage Version of Reckoning +2.

E:body/Noct are honestly dead, the Extra ACC isnt doing much at all for you, you get what +40 DEX now just being inside abyssea w/ Cruor buffs? Another 50 from Razed Ruins, not to mention FSTR is auto'capped from VV atma. The 3% Haste and 4% Crit rate should be destroying E:body violently with very very little effort at all.

Edit: You could switch out Homam for Ace's hose for like a STR Ring, but that tonberry is a douche and wont drop the ***for me even with Blue x;

I see your set and raise you a 4 hit outside abyssea (maybe?)

(Store TP Reckoning / Must eat carbonara for the additional 6 store tp)

23.7 Tp/hit Plus the Moonshade earring with the regian augment should give you that extra tp or 2 you are short by the time you're hitting the cap. I'm not sure what all 4 hits would net you from a successful guillotine but should be somewhere over 26 no?
 Bismarck.Dreakon
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-12-16 13:14:32  
That earring looks like it belongs in a box of lucky charms.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-12-16 13:29:25  
Fenrir.Gradd said:

I'd drop the Blitz if already at 25%, since it's adding practically nothing. Could use an STP ring for more WS options or that DA/TA ring (if DRK can use it, I dunno).
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-16 13:29:44  
Asura.Solara said:
HINDERING
"To obstruct or delay the progress of. v.intr. To interfere with action or progress."
Solara said:
if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade.
Read for comprehension instead of trying to save face. By full timing gear that is inferior to what you could be using, you are both hindering their progress and leeching off their effort.
Quote:
Also what are you talking about? This snowflake and ego thing....where did that come from? And the insults. Its like I said something about your unborn child. Chill out. Its a game.
I'm talking about the fact that you consider yourself and your desires more important than those of the people who's efforts you rely on to gain gear. It's a selfish, arrogant way to play the game, because it detracts from the enjoyment and success of others. It's insulting to the other players around you that you would consider their time worth so little that you would waste it for what you admit are entirely pointless reasons.
Quote:
And I by no means do I have gimp gear. Im wearing full Bale gear. Get over it. If it really hurts your butt that bad, I will use some atmas to put me on par with you.
I'm not butthurt at all, all I did was point out that if you full time Bale you're gimp by choice. You're the one who reached for the Bengay and went defensive trying to justify your gimp choices. The chances that you would come close to on par with a correctly geared player while using full Bale are laughable.
Quote:
And gearswapping isnt skill. Its gear swapping. If you dont like the opinion, cry me a river...build a bridge with 26% haste....and get over it. lol. You gear swap and kill stuff and I wont and kill stuff. But dont act like your better than anyone else cause they dont.
What exactly do I need to get over? I made a single comment and you spent two pages trying to save face. Pretty much every other person in this thread agreed with me, so it's not me acting like I'm better than you or anyone else. It's not even about it at all. It's the community acknowledging that your idea is indefensibly flawed, and by the standards of the player base, gimp.

Hehe.....save face.....on here. lmao

To quote 1: I know what hindering means. And your not hindering anyone because you are not swapping gear. As long as your doing the expected dmg and doing what is needed with your job, your not hindering anyone. You just want it to seem that way. Im not against gearswapping. Im just not going to do it for every little thing.

To quote 2: This is wear its a matter of how you look at it. Your not doing 20% less dmg. The person who is gear swapping is doing 20% more damange. Thats not hindering anyone. You make it like a person is automatically not holding their weight because they are not gear swapping. Stop being so myopic.

to quote 3: Lol. She went there. I dont consider myself more important than anyone. Where did you pull that idea from? Because I dont want to swap my gear, Im playing in a selfish way? Im gonna be honest and say, NO! Considering that I am a very unselfish person in game and in real life, Im gonna have to say your going on a strecth there. And sense we are making up things about one another, you are an upstanding citizen and you gear swap because you believe its morally fitting for killing mobs. See I can do it too. If you think that a person not swapping his/her gear is insulting, you need to review the contents of your life. If time was that important you wouldnt be playing this game. get real. I dont think a mob living for another few seconds to a few minutes is going to make anyone late for their wedding.

To quote 4: lol. *breaks out the bengay* I guess im gimp by choice as per you guys. And define correctly geared for me please? Just seems really subjective.

To quote 5: The player base can think what they want. Im not losing any sleep. Everyone in this thread can agree with you until they are blue in the face. Still not changing my opinion on the subject. Gear swapping isnt a skill, it isnt required to win and not doing it isnt doing it wrong.

- But, you are in fact not doing your expected damage. Your expected damage should be mirrored by your full potential, and by choosing to not use a better TP/WS you are purposely not playing to your full potential, therefore not doing your expected damage.

- If another DRK is doing a total of 20% more damage than you over time then you are without a doubt doing 20% LESS damage, there is no way to justify or change the fact that you're doing less damage lol. They are playing to their full potential, and you are not (on purpose).

- And no, no one is probably going to miss a wedding. When it's time for someone to leave, they'll leave. The point is, lets say you go in and do 10 NMs, and every NM takes 2-3 minutes longer than it should because of that 20% damage you should be doing but are choosing not to, then that's 20-30 minutes of time wasted for everyone where you could have instead killed 2-3 more NMs.

I personally don't really care if someone does wear full whatever, just don't try to justify it's better or even as close to as good as a mix and match TP(26% haste)/WS set and just admit that you're playing below your full potential because you feel like it.
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2010-12-16 13:30:25  
Edit: lol I always hit quote instead of edit >,>