users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Bale Body and Hands NQ HQ HQ2
Bale Body and Hands NQ HQ HQ2
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 14:01:25  
Thing is, as TP gear the Twilight set is gimp. Body aside, might have use for some jobs but I'm pretty sure most would use something else at present.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-07 14:02:49  
Its gimp because its not as good as other sets.

How is that hard to understand.

More haste, More Str, More Attk = All around better DD'ing

Less haste, Less Str, Less Attk = Crappier DD'ing all around.

Using bale full time IS NOT AS GOOD as a mix and Match set. And its very easy to see why..but for some reason you can't.

Understand?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 14:04:24  
Bismarck.Pawnskipper said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.
I can tell. If you don't know why tping in only 21% haste and ws in only 28 str/81 Atk is inferior to using 26% haste gear and ws in 61 str/94 atk then I don't know what to tell you. No one thinks they'll lose because they have a gimp Drk with them. People kill ***everyday in full Perle, this game isn't hard by any stretch. Most people play this game in order to improve their character, and the best way to do that is by doing things with skilled players who care about doing their job correctly. With that in mind, if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade. As often as gimp *** trot out the skill>gear argument though, the fact is skilled players are skilled players specifically because they understand the mechanics of the game, and work within those mechanics to optimize their characters. You can play the unique snowflake card all you want and QQ about having to look at ugly gear. If you're playing solo go for it, no one cares. If you choose, either through your own ego or ignorance, to be a hindrance on other players by wasting a slot that could have gone to a superior player, you're gimp.
+1 to you. The dude has proved that he is a moron..we can all move on now. Wearing gear just for looks over utility is laughable. And knowing how gear works and how to correctly gear a job and picking Less hate > More haste for TPing is funny too. I don't care how "leet" any set of gear is in this game I can't think of 1 set that would be considered full time.

Because this is an online forum and you are trying to impress that sexy lady next to you, I will ignore the Moron comment. But first, the set looks cool, but I didnt say I was wearing it for the looks. Great assumption. :) your win. Im fulling it because I like what they do. I should have added that im gonna full time the belt just to see you guys' panties in a bunch. lol. Secondly, Who said the set didnt have utility? This is were you are missing me. (altough I still refuse to gearswap for every thing) so I ask this AGAIN: How is the whole +2 set gimp? Get off your high horse, look at the armor and tell me its gimp. And dont say, its gimp because it dosnt have 26% haste. Cause by that logic, The twilight armor is gimp.

You have no idea how much haste increases your damage...

I already gave you the reasons, in a previous post. I'm not repeating myself. Go back and read.
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-07 14:04:35  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Thing is, as TP gear the Twilight set is gimp. Body aside, might have use for some jobs but I'm pretty sure most would use something else at present.
This.

Bismarck.Pawnskipper
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 14:15:42  
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.
I can tell. If you don't know why tping in only 21% haste and ws in only 28 str/81 Atk is inferior to using 26% haste gear and ws in 61 str/94 atk then I don't know what to tell you. No one thinks they'll lose because they have a gimp Drk with them. People kill ***everyday in full Perle, this game isn't hard by any stretch. Most people play this game in order to improve their character, and the best way to do that is by doing things with skilled players who care about doing their job correctly. With that in mind, if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade. As often as gimp *** trot out the skill>gear argument though, the fact is skilled players are skilled players specifically because they understand the mechanics of the game, and work within those mechanics to optimize their characters. You can play the unique snowflake card all you want and QQ about having to look at ugly gear. If you're playing solo go for it, no one cares. If you choose, either through your own ego or ignorance, to be a hindrance on other players by wasting a slot that could have gone to a superior player, you're gimp.
You still havent told me how wearing full + is HINDERING anything. Am I giving HP back to the mob. Also what are you talking about? This snowflake and ego thing....where did that come from? And the insults. Its like I said something about your unborn child. Chill out. Its a game. And I by no means do I have gimp gear. Im wearing full Bale gear. Get over it. If it really hurts your butt that bad, I will use some atmas to put me on par with you. And gearswapping isnt skill. Its gear swapping. If you dont like the opinion, cry me a river...build a bridge with 26% haste....and get over it. lol. You gear swap and kill stuff and I wont and kill stuff. But dont act like your better than anyone else cause they dont.
A lot of people have explained it..you just aren't reading it. Imagine a group of people all driving down the road all of them are going 80mph trying there hardest to stay as close to 80mph as possible. Then theres you that won't go over 60..just cuz. You're holding everyone back because just cuz you can..it's annoying.

I see why gearswapping is good (still not doing it for every single action). I got that. I have had that even before this thread. Your not reading that I do have that. No one is being held back at all. You have it in your head that if your not gearwapping your doing it wrong. Thats fine. I have it in my head that its not the case. We can agree on that. Moving on. So I will rephrase it: Looking at the Bale AF +2 armor, what do you think of it? Is it gimp or not? and why? When you answer this. Dont tell me about other armors that have soooooooo much more haste and such. Im asking about the 5 peices of armor that you need seal/coins to ugrade for DRK. Just answer the question as it is. Thats all I wanted. lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Giazz
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Gias
By Quetzalcoatl.Giazz 2010-12-07 14:17:45  
wow... people did answer the question in numerous ways. This is incredible...
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 14:23:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
Bahamut.Zorander said:
Asura.Solara said:
Im confused.
+1 to you. The dude has proved that he is a moron..we can all move on now. Wearing gear just for looks over utility is laughable. And knowing how gear works and how to correctly gear a job and picking Less hate > More haste for TPing is funny too. I don't care how "leet" any set of gear is in this game I can't think of 1 set that would be considered full time.
Because this is an online forum and you are trying to impress that sexy lady next to you, I will ignore the Moron comment. But first, the set looks cool, but I didnt say I was wearing it for the looks. Great assumption. :) your win. Im fulling it because I like what they do. I should have added that im gonna full time the belt just to see you guys' panties in a bunch. lol. Secondly, Who said the set didnt have utility? This is were you are missing me. (altough I still refuse to gearswap for every thing) so I ask this AGAIN: How is the whole +2 set gimp? Get off your high horse, look at the armor and tell me its gimp. And dont say, its gimp because it dosnt have 26% haste. Cause by that logic, The twilight armor is gimp.
You have no idea how much haste increases your damage... I already gave you the reasons, in a previous post. I'm not repeating myself. Go back and read.

Actually, I have a really good understanding of how haste and its caps along with how dmg work. Simply put, Attacking faster means your hitting more times in shorter strecthes thus getting you to the 100 tp mark to do more weapon skills which yeilds more dmg. Its easy to see. Haste is not a complicated thing. Good state to have.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 14:26:08  

I see why gearswapping is good (still not doing it for every single action). I got that. I have had that even before this thread. Your not reading that I do have that. No one is being held back at all. You have it in your head that if your not gearwapping your doing it wrong. Thats fine. I have it in my head that its not the case. We can agree on that. Moving on. So I will rephrase it: Looking at the Bale AF +2 armor, what do you think of it? Is it gimp or not? and why? When you answer this. Dont tell me about other armors that have soooooooo much more haste and such. Im asking about the 5 peices of armor that you need seal/coins to ugrade for DRK. Just answer the question as it is. Thats all I wanted. lol
The testing hasn't been made yet, to my understanding.
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 14:28:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Giazz said:
wow... people did answer the question in numerous ways. This is incredible...

Lol. No they didnt. They answered why gearswapping is good. Although I agreed that it does add to dmg and helps, I didnt agree that not doing so was doing it wrong.
 Asura.Echandra
サーバ: Asura
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2010-12-07 14:30:12  
wait...no one tested this yet?! This is all speculation?!

You mean someone didn't instantly pop one day after the update in full Bale+2?! *cracks the whip*
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-07 14:30:40  
HINDERING

"To obstruct or delay the progress of.
v.intr.
To interfere with action or progress."

Solara said:
if you're doing 20% less damage than you could using optimal gear, you're dragging down your party's kill speed, and increasing the chances of death or missing other nms spawns that they need. You're wasting time, stones, and opportunities that could have been used towards attaining their next upgrade.

Read for comprehension instead of trying to save face. By full timing gear that is inferior to what you could be using, you are both hindering their progress and leeching off their effort.

Quote:
Also what are you talking about? This snowflake and ego thing....where did that come from? And the insults. Its like I said something about your unborn child. Chill out. Its a game.

I'm talking about the fact that you consider yourself and your desires more important than those of the people who's efforts you rely on to gain gear. It's a selfish, arrogant way to play the game, because it detracts from the enjoyment and success of others. It's insulting to the other players around you that you would consider their time worth so little that you would waste it for what you admit are entirely pointless reasons.

Quote:
And I by no means do I have gimp gear. Im wearing full Bale gear. Get over it. If it really hurts your butt that bad, I will use some atmas to put me on par with you.

I'm not butthurt at all, all I did was point out that if you full time Bale you're gimp by choice. You're the one who reached for the Bengay and went defensive trying to justify your gimp choices. The chances that you would come close to on par with a correctly geared player while using full Bale are laughable.

Quote:
And gearswapping isnt skill. Its gear swapping. If you dont like the opinion, cry me a river...build a bridge with 26% haste....and get over it. lol. You gear swap and kill stuff and I wont and kill stuff. But dont act like your better than anyone else cause they dont.

What exactly do I need to get over? I made a single comment and you spent two pages trying to save face. Pretty much every other person in this thread agreed with me, so it's not me acting like I'm better than you or anyone else. It's not even about it at all.

It's the community acknowledging that your idea is indefensibly flawed, and by the standards of the player base, gimp.
[+]
 Bismarck.Pawnskipper
By Bismarck.Pawnskipper 2010-12-07 14:30:57  
Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said:

Are you referring to the Occasional HP to ATTACK bounus?
 Bahamut.Zorander
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-12-07 14:31:17  
Fine i'll ask again and break it down for me so I can answer every little point.

What haven't people explained to you yet? I'll try to do it.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 14:32:28  
Actually, I have a really good understanding of how haste and its caps along with how dmg work. Simply put, Attacking faster means your hitting more times in shorter strecthes thus getting you to the 100 tp mark to do more weapon skills which yeilds more dmg. Its easy to see. Haste is not a complicated thing. Good state to have.

So why not benefit from it? I can understand, to some extent, not wanting to have gear swaps for every possible JA, Spell, Idle, Kite or whatever use you may find.

But simplified, a DD should at the very least have a TP and a WS set, and Fulltiming Bale set negatively affects both simply because it cuts off most of those 2 sets' purposes and potentials.

No one said the set was bad. We all said Fulltiming it as a whole set is bad
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 14:33:55  

Are you referring to the Occasional HP to ATTACK bounus?
Uh, I thought that's what you were referring to.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 14:40:33  
I thought some initial testing on the first 3 parts of the Bale set had already been done by that super DRK taru who proved them to be a flat increase in attack of some sort?

I can't remember where I read that. All I remember is she tested the set on low mobs wielding a signet staff and noticed the occasional damage increase that was equivalent to having higher attack or something.

I'm not trolling, I'm actually trying to find that topic

*Edit - And here it is:

Fenrir.Kirschy said:
Hit things for an hour and finalli got the stupid Retrace Staff to proc DRK AF3's set bonus. Managed proof for how it works too. It adds a modifier to your damage based on HP%. Damage * (1+HP%).

At 100%, I was able to get double damage on a hit /w signet staff. @ 50% I got 50% added onto damage, @ 30% I got 30% added onto damage. Since Retrace Staff has 1 DMG, damage isn't varied and it's much easier to get values which are conclusive~ Only did around ~500 hits total, but it appears to be 1-2% proc rate =/. I took more pictures, but no reason to flood this post /w them, unless someone wants them~

Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-12-07 14:43:42  
Testing was done on that a while back. Damage is multiplied by your HP% at a low proc rate.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 14:49:37  
Oh, I totally forgot about that... Just need to see the full set then?
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 14:52:57  
Imo, I'm not going to put my hopes in that effect to justify an overextensive use of the armor as a set. The effect from the full set will probably give a 5% boost. Knowing SE, a 10% increase would be nearly unthinkable
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2010-12-07 14:57:30  
The only possible use I can even think of to fulltime the set would be like... an apoc in aftermath, I don't even.

I'm amazed you guys argued with him for so long, he's obviously a special snowflake and not a word will change his mind.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 15:04:10  
He seems to have calmed down at the very least, and if 1 can't reach someone's thoughts, perhaps someone else can ;p
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-07 15:18:48  
The set bonus should be very interesting. The ability to use 3/5 should give the benefit of it's occasional procs while still mix/matching to maximize overall gear effectiveness. If there is a cumulative extra bonus to using all of the pieces in tandem, it should prove very interesting for some of the other sets as well.

I honestly hope it won't though, given how overpowered it would be on some of the other sets (War's double damage double attacks stacks with crits, Cor triple damage qds, Mnk's augmented kick attacks, etc) it might actually cause the divide between other dds and Drk to expand.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2010-12-07 15:22:04  
Asura.Solara said:
I honestly hope it won't though, given how overpowered it would be on some of the other sets (War's double damage double attacks stacks with crits, Cor triple damage qds, Mnk's augmented kick attacks, etc) it might actually cause the divide between other dds and Drk to expand.
I agree. I'm just merely curious about the set bonus, good or not. WAR and MNK got gypped on their body pieces, as well as WAR hands (MNK hands are decent), so it's likely they won't use anything other than Ebody Build/Usukane Mix.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 15:28:56  
On a complementary note, have new weaponskills been added?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-07 15:44:34  

I agree. I'm just merely curious about the set bonus, good or not. WAR and MNK got gypped on their body pieces, as well as WAR hands (MNK hands are decent), so it's likely they won't use anything other than Ebody Build/Usukane Mix.

I'd have to disagree Ravager's body. Since War already cap fstr and ddex with RR/VV, the War body is the single best tp option they have available in Abyssea. If you could 5 hit with them, Aurum and Askar were already superior choices to EBody in Abyssea, and Ravager's beats both.

It allows a 5 hit with fewer of the pieces (Attila's for example) that a War would otherwise have to settle for otherwise while giving more attack than the other Aurum or Askar, which is handy when Berserk/Stalwarts are down.

War hands are rather meh though.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-12-07 15:44:59  
Odin.Sheelay said:
On a complementary note, have new weaponskills been added?

Not that I'm aware of.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-07 15:47:05  
Asura.Solara said:

I'd have to disagree Ravager's body. Since War already cap fstr and ddex with RR/VV, the War body is the single best tp option they have available in Abyssea. If you could 5 hit with them, Aurum and Askar were already superior choices to EBody in Abyssea, and Ravager's beats both.

It allows a 5 hit with fewer of the pieces (Attila's for example) that a War would otherwise have to settle for otherwise while giving more attack than the other Aurum or Askar, which is handy when Berserk/Stalwarts are down.

War hands are rather meh though.

Dont forget the haste+2 body!

Warrior can cap haste using head/legs/feet af3+2!
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 15:49:20  
Timarli is now even more useless than it was before

A topped off WAR should probably look something like this

Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-12-07 15:54:36  
Odin.Sheelay said:

Holy crap that tiara.... FORGET MY PREVIOUS POST.
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-12-07 16:01:23  
Cerberus.Kvazz said:
Odin.Sheelay said:

Holy crap that tiara.... FORGET MY PREVIOUS POST.

Now to hope the stats aren't a mistranslation from the Japanese version