DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?
DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2010-12-30 03:41:48  
Just throwing this out there, but /mnk sounds awesome for drk. No idea why people are thrashing it. You lose 5% from merits and 10% from gaiters, and if roaring laughter if 15%, you lose 1 atma and keep the same counter rate as mnk. /shrug.
 Sylph.Starstrukk
サーバ: Sylph
user: Xera
By Sylph.Starstrukk 2010-12-30 03:45:22  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Protection? What the hell are you talking about? Please for gods sake dont tell me your LS forces your MNKs to go MNK/NIN to events for NMs and if you do my only question is why..............?

So why not...sub SAM? My original point was if you're subbing MNK for counter damage, why not sub SAM and push out more WSs with its benefits. The defensive argument was simply trying to figure out what benefit you're grasping to with /MNK.

Torcleaver really is that good and you'll want to be spamming it as often as possible. Counter is nice and all, but increased WS frequency should output more damage easily than a 30% to ODD your counters.

The rest of your MNK argument is completely irreverent as it's a completely different job, drawing parallels with an inferior gear selection to supplement it, is laughable.

Quote:
there is no TP move in the game that can one shot a DD anymore

???? Needles!

Quote:
I mean seriously are all of you that much of bandwagon players that you all just refuse to play the Jobs you like because its inferior to others?.

Not necessary, but thats a really shitty point of view to have when directly addressing which is better...

Quote:
Also no *** ***DRK/SAM is better for DD purposes im talking a tanks propsective. DRK/SAM is honestly only liable for an Apoc DRK to pull off because you constantly heal yourself with Cata but even then apoc is kinda garbage at the moment which we all know.

Since a tank now a days is just a designated DD and you just ranted about defense not mattering.

Either way, stupid argument is stupid, let parses/math talk. Hope they turn out impressive as you think they will. I'll gladly eat my words if it's the best thing since sliced bread, I just don't see it happening mathematically.

(And yea, really chill out, no need to RAGE, just discussing views...)

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-12-30 03:48:16  
Bahamut.Serj said:
Just throwing this out there, but /mnk sounds awesome for drk. No idea why people are thrashing it. You lose 5% from merits and 10% from gaiters, and if roaring laughter if 15%, you lose 1 atma and keep the same counter rate as mnk. /shrug.

Atmas aren't job specific. Roaring Laughter benefits MNK more than DRK.
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-30 03:50:33  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
DRK could tank anything at 75. The introduction of Counterstance is nothing to cream your pants over and is only part of the reason MNK is such a potent job inside Abyssea. You don't see WARs running around subbing MNK.

/MNK counterstance has already been tested and found to be the same ~40% it is for MNK main. The difference is you don't get the 10% from Melee Gaiters or the 5%, and 5% from Usu hands, and you give up better DRK atmas if you take GH and Roaring Laughter to try and buff it.

I'm not quite sure why you're now worried about mitigating damage after just saying MP is limitless, Cure V is hateless and HP is too high to be OHKO'd by anything, but /SAM will be better for you than /MNK will because melee hits are lol and Third Eye works on TP moves, on top of dropping your x-hit and giving you Hasso. (Nice 8-hit for your Caladbolg bro)

For all the ***talking you did in your previous post I find it hilarious you think the prospect of letting a DRK/SAM tank anything is insane. Perhaps it's your shell that blows chunks.

People need to learn to rub their brain cells together before they open their mouths and spew ***all over the forums. Just because you think it'd be awesome doesn't make it awesome, nor does it make you the first person to think of it or try it.

FYI, it's viable, not liable.

And finally, why do you need to finish Caladbolg to test DRK/MNK?

EDIT: Roaring Laughter comes from doing the Dominion Ops in whatever zone Zazarg is in I believe. I think the actual requirements are a little hazy at the moment but that's the gist of how to get it. I believe it's counter +10

I see an under leveled /NIN support job with Monk Main under your Name, Two things there your not MNK/WAR and your using an under leveled support job, the ***player is obviously right there. If I should be tanking everything DRK/SAM then why are YOU the MNK with counter stance subbing ninja?

Also if you had reading comprehension I have stated multiple times that my MNK is level 9 and cannot test it out at the moment (the reason I made this thread to find out if anyone else had tried it.) Priorities, Finishing Empyrean >>> Testing stuff out on DRK.

Also once again reading comprehension, I stated DRK/SAM I 6-hit Caladbolg, subbing /NIN or /MNK I will 7-hit.

Edit:

I sent Oblit a PM to see if he has tried it out as a support job since he made a similar thread.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-30 03:58:12  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I wasnt gonna post anymore but seriously.

MNKs have 50 Defense during counter Stance.

How are you gonna argue defense? Seriously? Are you honestly trying to argue that? Really?

DRK is built and designed to take hits just as good as a PLD, I dont get this common misconception that DRK is a squishy job.

LOL LOL drk was designed to take hits as good as pld? 1) pld AF3 says hi.. 2) shield def bonus says hi 3) tons more hp and vit say hi...

ok and yes i am arguing def...here is why... mnk has soooooooo much more hp, that it doesn't matter if they take 1-2 hits while trying to blink back up because they won't get brutally *** raped due to very high hp.. 4) perfect counter says hi... a mnk's def doesn't mean much when they use perfect counter to get ichi/ni back up.. along with stacking all the counter gear they can, it gets a lot better counter % than /mnk.... lulz Gradd... lulz
 Sylph.Rorrick
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2010-12-30 04:00:41  
The gear you have listed is an eight hit, 7 hit subbing SAM, which is irrelevant as you're hellbent on subbing MNK.

As far as my sub goes, lol. Perhaps the last time I played I was in Salvage? Perhaps you didn't notice but my main is underlevelled too, and I just couldn't be bothered to level NIN again (or any subs really). Regardless, the level of my support job has nothing to do with my ability to think logically.

If you're going to try and argue reading comprehension you should practice it yourself. I never asked why you were finishing Caladbolg before trying to /MNK, I asked why you needed one to do so. Anyone here could have gone out and parsed it for you, an Empyrean is not required. Or you could have looked a little harder than asking your linkshell to find the answer yourself.

However, this has already devolved into attacking people to pull attention away from the argument you have nothing to contribute to, so I think I'll leave you to brood.

EDIT...: DRK is on all of PLD's PDT gear (barring AF3), DRK has the second highest VIT score (tied with PLD I believe, second to MNK). DRK has a larger HP pool than PLD. Shield defense bonus is lol.

Second Edit: rofl, you use a sTP atma to get your six hit. This argument is over.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-30 04:14:53  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Fenrir.Gradd said:
I wasnt gonna post anymore but seriously.

MNKs have 50 Defense during counter Stance.

How are you gonna argue defense? Seriously? Are you honestly trying to argue that? Really?

DRK is built and designed to take hits just as good as a PLD, I dont get this common misconception that DRK is a squishy job.

LOL LOL drk was designed to take hits as good as pld? 1) pld AF3 says hi.. 2) shield def bonus says hi 3) tons more hp and vit say hi...

ok and yes i am arguing def...here is why... mnk has soooooooo much more hp, that it doesn't matter if they take 1-2 hits while trying to blink back up because they won't get brutally *** raped due to very high hp.. 4) perfect counter says hi... a mnk's def doesn't mean much when they use perfect counter to get ichi/ni back up.. along with stacking all the counter gear they can, it gets a lot better counter % than /mnk.... lulz Gradd... lulz

Everytime you post a baby dies, you have got to be the worste player across every server, first RR does ***damage compared to Two STR atma now this? You serious VIT? You sound like a retard from 2004, PLD only has like 3 more Base VIT that Dark knight, Also VIT has been proven loooooooooooooooooooooooong ago to be one of the most worthless stats in the game. Its good for two things, Chakra, and it increases cure potency slightly 10 Vitality is roughly equal to 10 Healing Magic skill, though its nothing compared to MND or Cure Potency.

Also please for the love of god please stop calling me bro. X:

Plus this DRK PDT sup.

My Ring is 5% Magic and Physical Damage taken, earring is 2% Physical damage taken. Assuming you go into red the latent from Slayer's should put you well over the 50% cap for -Damage taken. Please stop pulling ***out of your *** dude you just make yourself look like an idiot.

DRK gets all the same exact PDT gear as PLD it is designed to take the same ammount of damage. Minus your lolshield blocks.
Plus the ability to block with a shield is a joke compared to countering every hit, PLD is a dead job, I mained it for many a year and have tanked every HNM possible, RIP I loved it to death but god it sucks right now.

I sit on about 3k HP on Dark Knight depending on Martello health, nothing is giong to one shot me period.

Also once again WHY are you sub'ing /NIN on mnk?
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-30 04:21:35  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
The gear you have listed is an eight hit, 7 hit subbing SAM, which is irrelevant as you're hellbent on subbing MNK.

As far as my sub goes, lol. Perhaps the last time I played I was in Salvage? Perhaps you didn't notice but my main is underlevelled too, and I just couldn't be bothered to level NIN again (or any subs really). Regardless, the level of my support job has nothing to do with my ability to think logically.

If you're going to try and argue reading comprehension you should practice it yourself. I never asked why you were finishing Caladbolg before trying to /MNK, I asked why you needed one to do so. Anyone here could have gone out and parsed it for you, an Empyrean is not required. Or you could have looked a little harder than asking your linkshell to find the answer yourself.

However, this has already devolved into attacking people to pull attention away from the argument you have nothing to contribute to, so I think I'll leave you to brood.

EDIT...: DRK is on all of PLD's PDT gear (barring AF3), DRK has the second highest VIT score (tied with PLD I believe, second to MNK). DRK has a larger HP pool than PLD. Shield defense bonus is lol.

Second Edit: rofl, you use a sTP atma to get your six hit. This argument is over.

That is my abyssea Gear setup at the moment yes, you are not taking into consideration of regain, Regain will net me my Proper X-hit. VV Atma 2tic Sup.

If I don't have regain I will use White Tathlum, Also with FSTR capped it is very acceptable to use another Atma to push an x-hit even further.

Unless you think Add'ing more STR to my already capped FSTR is going to do more, somebody obviously doesnt understand game mechanics. I talked with Nightfyre before I even decided to use it as my third Atma somebody who is MUCH more knowledgeable about game mechanics than you could ever be. He told me it should work just fine and had no complaints about it Vs. other Atma.

A 6-hit will always overhelm a 7-hit period.

Edit:

How the hell are you getting an 8-hit, You are adding goading belt right? Thats not a swift or Vbelt. Unless you failed math or something that is a proper 7-hit build outside of abyssea.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-30 04:25:20  
lol i didn't say RR was ***... i said it wasn't the best for non-crit WS jobs... total misinterpretation..

anyways... yes i realize pld isn't the best tank job and hasn't been for awhile... but the fact that shield blocks help with spell interrupts while also mitigating damage IS something..though not a whole hell of a lot..same thing with the vit.. its not much but its SOMETHING....

and the reason mnks go /nin is for TP moves that heavily reduce hp but don't necessarily wipe shadows to make sure they don't die.. prime example, and the first one I can think of is Reseph's TP move that brings everybody to 1HP. perfect counter would help, but a bad double att proc and they would be toast... perfect counter + ni or ichi would save them long enough to get healed... again just my personal experience..
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-12-30 04:38:48  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
People still play DRK?

people still see your lame posts?
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2010-12-30 04:44:29  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
lol i didn't say RR was ***... i said it wasn't the best for non-crit WS jobs... total misinterpretation..

anyways... yes i realize pld isn't the best tank job and hasn't been for awhile... but the fact that shield blocks help with spell interrupts while also mitigating damage IS something..though not a whole hell of a lot..same thing with the vit.. its not much but its SOMETHING....

and the reason mnks go /nin is for TP moves that heavily reduce hp but don't necessarily wipe shadows to make sure they don't die.. prime example, and the first one I can think of is Reseph's TP move that brings everybody to 1HP. perfect counter would help, but a bad double att proc and they would be toast... perfect counter + ni or ichi would save them long enough to get healed... again just my personal experience..

Shield blocks interrupt ok, Counter does the same thing but you take no damage. You seriously comparing the two?

Once again stop bringing up VIT its a worthless stat and doesnt do jack ***for your damage mitigation. Stacking VIT has been tested and proven not to do jack ***, and especially comparing a 3 VIT difference is doing absolutely NOTHING to reduce damage.

If you looked at Proper PLD tanking gear a year ago it had no VIT on it whatsoever.

That is a hate reset move for your information, your tanks are the last ones that should be worried about dying after it goes off, also stun rotations sup?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-30 05:20:49  
stun rotations when its duo'd mnk + whm? what? lol if you're whm is going /blm for stun or /drk you're crazy lol.. I had to "spectate" only when my old LS did it, because we had a verethragna mnk and spharai mnk who shred through a lot of NMs... ***is always low-manned and they were never on any sub other than /nin

edit: but my old LS strat of duo'ing or very low-manning bosses is beyond deviating from the point..sorry

edit2: and i'm pretty sure i didn't mention a damn thing about stacking vit in gear.. i just meant they have better vit, and it comes with some of the gears (like PDT sword and such)

edit3: and yes i am comparing shield blocks to counter.. i mean really how often is your drk/mnk gonna counter... now how often is a pld gonna shield block? fairly certain its a higher rate when the pld's shadows are down...
 Cerberus.Rayik
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Rayik
By Cerberus.Rayik 2010-12-30 06:01:25  
Carbuncle.Ronson said:

people still see your lame posts?

Don't feed the trolls, man.
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-12-30 06:27:47  
His Emp DRK would probably counter more than the PLD because he'd be able to have hate, can't block if nothing's hitting you. :x
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-12-30 06:45:12  
lol well played Than...well played..
 Fenrir.Thandar
user: Thandar
By Fenrir.Thandar 2010-12-30 06:45:37  
:>!
 Bismarck.Selzak
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-01-02 12:55:26  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Selzak said:
I don't see many turtle PLDs anymore, but how much does a VIT and DEF build help? The Torcleaver mod appears to be heavy VIT, so is there anything worth considering in a defense build DRK with huge WS numbers?
...wat?
I guess I was just thinking about the idea of a DRK DEF build combined with the heavy VIT mod on Torcleaver and wondering if this was something worth thinking about, since I don't know if things like VIT and DEF even matter for tanks these days when you have crazy EVA or Counter stuff going on.

I've heard of DRK being a very respectable tank but I've never experienced it myself. We have some tricks up our sleeve with drains, spikes, and stuns but I've never been able to stand against anything serious on DRK.

So basically, could DRK become a tank with stuns and high WS numbers?

Edit: Just read up a few posts and it looks like VIT is worthless for tanking, idea ended.
Edit2: I guess I understand it since DRK has been shafted so hard, but damn people are hostile here. Just a game doods, have fun with it.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2011-01-02 12:57:00  
You usually /nin on drk, which makes a DEF/VIT build useless. PDT when your shadows are down is much more effective. If you /sam and TE is down (and everything else), switch to PDT.
 Bismarck.Selzak
By Bismarck.Selzak 2011-01-02 13:02:39  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:
You usually /nin on drk, which makes a DEF/VIT build useless. PDT when your shadows are down is much more effective. If you /sam and TE is down (and everything else), switch to PDT.
My NIN sub is leveled but it's so damn dull to sub I've never experimented with it. Do you just rely on shadows and stun? Doesn't seem like spikes would come into play at all.

Never carried a pDT set on DRK, I guess that's what I was missing on higher mobs.
 Asura.Solara
サーバ: Asura
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2011-01-02 15:44:55  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

Not that I remotely care about this argument overall, but I had to point out how stupid this example is.

If you die to a Throat Stab style move, your healers failed. When they see it in the log they should start casting Cure VI, it's not like they don't know what it does.

There are times where subbing /nin is useful, but that's not one of them.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-02 16:17:19  
Bismarck.Selzak said:
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Selzak said:
I don't see many turtle PLDs anymore, but how much does a VIT and DEF build help? The Torcleaver mod appears to be heavy VIT, so is there anything worth considering in a defense build DRK with huge WS numbers?
...wat?
I guess I was just thinking about the idea of a DRK DEF build combined with the heavy VIT mod on Torcleaver and wondering if this was something worth thinking about, since I don't know if things like VIT and DEF even matter for tanks these days when you have crazy EVA or Counter stuff going on.

I've heard of DRK being a very respectable tank but I've never experienced it myself. We have some tricks up our sleeve with drains, spikes, and stuns but I've never been able to stand against anything serious on DRK.

So basically, could DRK become a tank with stuns and high WS numbers?

Edit: Just read up a few posts and it looks like VIT is worthless for tanking, idea ended.
Edit2: I guess I understand it since DRK has been shafted so hard, but damn people are hostile here. Just a game doods, have fun with it.

Torcleaver is not cannonball and this is not Blue Mage <.<

Just becaues VIT is the modifier, that does not mean defense is a mod, two different stats.

60% VIT is the modifier for Torcleaver, adding defense does absolutely nothing to your damage. Only other thing that is going to boost Torcleavers numbers is STR and Attack.

It isnt pre buffed like your normal Single hit WS like YGK, Spinning Slash and Ground strike, so using attack with your STR and VIT is always a good idea.

I am very pleased with the weapon overall, feel better on DRK again, criting for 1k every couple of swings is very nice, Torcleaver numbers are very strong and consistant aswell. Averages about 2.2-2.5kk outside of abyssea, I helped a friend with Nyzul 100 about 3 days ago and literally soloed the Hydra Boss. Sekkanoki 2.7k Torcleaver >>>> 2.9k Torcleaver >>>> Light 2.9k. Dropped it down to 20% of its HP then my aftermath finished it off.

I havent gotten to use it much in Abyssea much but overral very very happy with it.

Need to work on getting twilight helm soon, its sex for Torcleaver, but Ares should still win out on top bodies for the Weapon Skill.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-02 17:12:10  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
DRK/MNK is a cool option tbh, you get a HP boost along with counterstance; could do some damanage.

Valefor.Setsugekka
サーバ: Valefor
user: Nameless
By Valefor.Setsugekka 2011-01-04 09:01:51  
Just finished the weapon last night and did dynamis xarcabard. Was very very impressed with the weapon. The damage seems to be alot more consistent than what I would expect. One thing I noted is that attack does play a big part to the damage, which is reasonable considering there is no ratio bonus. My average WS was about double what everyone else was doing. Quietus in comparison is really mediocre as my LS mate was sporting the scythe during the run.

Now time to get Twilight helm..... I can brew about 9 times but knowing my luck, I am probably going to lose lot to those who help proc blue.

Still debating what is the best hands to use.
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-04 22:14:14  
Valefor.Setsugekka said:
Just finished the weapon last night and did dynamis xarcabard. Was very very impressed with the weapon. The damage seems to be alot more consistent than what I would expect. One thing I noted is that attack does play a big part to the damage, which is reasonable considering there is no ratio bonus. My average WS was about double what everyone else was doing. Quietus in comparison is really mediocre as my LS mate was sporting the scythe during the run.

Now time to get Twilight helm..... I can brew about 9 times but knowing my luck, I am probably going to lose lot to those who help proc blue.

Still debating what is the best hands to use.

Happy to hear you finished your weapon, you were always one of the more knowledgeable Great Sword DRKs that I myself considered one of the best. Assuming you are Nameless.

Grats on your Caladbolg dude, really enjoying mine.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-01-04 22:24:59  
I just finished stage one and getting ready to hit the CC spam. Any estimate on the ODD proc rate?

The more I mess with this the more I am excited about finishing it.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-01-04 22:37:02  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
a pld gonna shield block? fairly certain its a higher rate when the pld's shadows are down...

Pretty god damn rarely to be honest, on anything over 10 levels above you.
 Asura.Echandra
user: Echandra
By Asura.Echandra 2011-01-04 22:41:20  
Asura.Arkanethered said:
I just finished stage one and getting ready to hit the CC spam. Any estimate on the ODD proc rate?

The more I mess with this the more I am excited about finishing it.

Grats on the progress. I keep thinking about starting this, but LS group working on finishing a dagger, then Caladbolg for another person. I'm torn between this or doing H2H, but then again the way Sallex keeps giving me that look, I think i'll just settle for kannagi ~__~ i see another masamune I swear I'll puke.
 Asura.Arkanethered
By Asura.Arkanethered 2011-01-04 22:46:45  
Thanks Echa, It is going to take me a while to finish. I had the holiday break to spam out gems but lanterns are going to take me a bit just dual boxing them.

But from what I am seeing it looks like it will be worth it