DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?
DRK/MNK Caladbolg Tanking?
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-04 22:48:11  
Asura.Echandra said:
i see another masamune I swear I'll puke.

yet another reason why asura makes my *** hurt, posers gonna pose

also, i recommend doing ukonvasara if not masabro, since when it comes time next update that we're finally outside of abyssea again and without razed ruins, ukko's fury is the only one that can pull its' own weight, which as far as i'm aware it'll still smash torcleaver in the teeth, but inside, it's hands down the king of all damage
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-05 00:15:42  
Asura.Arkanethered said:
Thanks Echa, It is going to take me a while to finish. I had the holiday break to spam out gems but lanterns are going to take me a bit just dual boxing them.

But from what I am seeing it looks like it will be worth it

Lanterns took me about 4 days during winter break to complete was getting about 10 a day, my last day I got 20~ Seemed much easier to me than the Carabosse portion.
 Ragnarok.Returner
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-05 01:22:04  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Valefor.Setsugekka said:
Just finished the weapon last night and did dynamis xarcabard. Was very very impressed with the weapon. The damage seems to be alot more consistent than what I would expect. One thing I noted is that attack does play a big part to the damage, which is reasonable considering there is no ratio bonus. My average WS was about double what everyone else was doing. Quietus in comparison is really mediocre as my LS mate was sporting the scythe during the run.

Now time to get Twilight helm..... I can brew about 9 times but knowing my luck, I am probably going to lose lot to those who help proc blue.

Still debating what is the best hands to use.

Happy to hear you finished your weapon, you were always one of the more knowledgeable Great Sword DRKs that I myself considered one of the best. Assuming you are Nameless.

Grats on your Caladbolg dude, really enjoying mine.

Thank you, and it is indeed Nameless.
 Shiva.Xellith
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-01-05 01:56:10  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
People still play DRK?

STFU and level your thf.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-13 05:23:45  
Finally finished my MNK sub and started taking it for a test drive. I 2box another WHM account frequently and I must say I am very impressed, works just as good as 2boxing a mnk.

I did DRK and WHM for Itzpapalotl, pretty much just auto-engaged Myself with counterstance and focused on Curing, even got grellow (lights day yay).

Over all in my strong opinion Counterstance Tanking is much more efficient than Subbing Ninja, you rarely take any damage at all and dont have to stop and hurt your DPS casting shadows, Plus tanking on Dark Knight you have stun for mobs that cast spells, very rarely if ever do I let a spell get off when I am tanking on drk.

Also Boost is pretty damn nice for Torcleaver, you really notice the attack increase for it.

Anyways just thought id share.

-Gradd
[+]
 Asura.Andradi
サーバ: Asura
user: Andradi
By Asura.Andradi 2011-01-13 06:29:36  
Shadows? Isn't Seigan/Third Eye more than good enough for most stuff?
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-13 08:47:12  
I would like to give it a try Gradd. What combination of atma did you go with?

Thanks.
サーバ: Titan
user: batboy267
By Titan.Darkwizardzin 2011-01-13 09:02:07  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Finally finished my MNK sub and started taking it for a test drive. I 2box another WHM account frequently and I must say I am very impressed, works just as good as 2boxing a mnk.

I did DRK and WHM for Itzpapalotl, pretty much just auto-engaged Myself with counterstance and focused on Curing, even got grellow (lights day yay).

Over all in my strong opinion Counterstance Tanking is much more efficient than Subbing Ninja, you rarely take any damage at all and dont have to stop and hurt your DPS casting shadows, Plus tanking on Dark Knight you have stun for mobs that cast spells, very rarely if ever do I let a spell get off when I am tanking on drk.

Also Boost is pretty damn nice for Torcleaver, you really notice the attack increase for it.

Anyways just thought id share.

-Gradd
So its viable tank? Conpared to a monk how high does it measure up in your opinion?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-01-13 09:57:24  
Damn near anything that deals damage is a viable tank right now.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-13 10:44:44  
I don't believe it. youtube video plz D:
 Cerberus.Evilpaul
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Evilpaul
By Cerberus.Evilpaul 2011-01-13 10:51:30  
A DRK/MNK Counterstance tanked three or four of the Caturae for an alliance I was in. The two I'm sure he didn't tank were Rani and Raja, but that's because the group broke up before attempting them. Pics on my blog. :P
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-13 15:55:54  
Asura.Andradi said:

Short Answer: No

If you have a crap load of support then yea Seigan/Third Eye will probably be good (More than one Whm)

But this is me 2boxing my alt and myself, there are plenty of mobs where it comes down to MP efficiency and /MNK is going to be the best choice. Believe it or not a whm CAN run out of mp eventually.

I used both counter atma and RR, I tried just GH at first didnt work out so well, havent really tried only using Roaring Laughter for counter yet, but honestly I like the AGI from GH for the subtle blow effect it gives, when I am low manning stuff with Just my DRK and my WHM accounts it seems like the smart choice.

Gotta work on buffing up my Alts whm now, mainly its SCH sub, I cant stand RDM sub drives me nuts x:
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-13 16:01:17  
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
ukonvasara doesn't lose much outside abyssea
What the ***.
Masamune and Verethragna don't lose much outside, Ukon does.
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-13 16:26:11  
Asura.Andradi said:

Yes.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-01-13 16:47:07  
THF is far from lol these days :(
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-13 17:38:50  
I leveled NIN, and hated DRK right after.
Seriously, DRK has this "uber slow" feeling, and Guillotine barely broke 1k on most stuff worth a damn.
NIN felt much faster, and far stronger than DRK.
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-01-13 17:41:30  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
I leveled NIN, and hated DRK right after.
Seriously, DRK has this "uber slow" feeling, and Guillotine barely broke 1k on most stuff worth a damn.
NIN felt much faster, and far stronger than DRK.

It felt faster and stronger, because it is. At least in Abyssea. Outside it's exactly the opposite. Maybe my NIN just sucks though? It's well equipped, but I don't feel I come close to even playing it well.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-13 17:45:56  
You have a Caladbolg <.< with that you shouldn't lose to a NIN.... outside anyways.
edit: DRK also has a much higher base attack, giving it a small edge outside abyssea.
inb4 "wat is outside"

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-01-13 17:49:17  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Asura.Andradi said:
Short Answer: No If you have a crap load of support then yea Seigan/Third Eye will probably be good (More than one Whm) But this is me 2boxing my alt and myself, there are plenty of mobs where it comes down to MP efficiency and /MNK is going to be the best choice. Believe it or not a whm CAN run out of mp eventually. I used both counter atma and RR, I tried just GH at first didnt work out so well, havent really tried only using Roaring Laughter for counter yet, but honestly I like the AGI from GH for the subtle blow effect it gives, when I am low manning stuff with Just my DRK and my WHM accounts it seems like the smart choice. Gotta work on buffing up my Alts whm now, mainly its SCH sub, I cant stand RDM sub drives me nuts x:
Gotta use both. I've been tanking Dragua and other stuff as War/mnk. Roaring Laughter or GH alone seem to have a really shitty counter rate, but when you stack them, it's better than/about the same as being on Monk. I swear, it's something I don't understand. Stack them both on Monk, and the counter rate doesn't noticeably increase. Stack them both on JOB/mnk and it's like being a Monk with one of them.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-13 17:51:16  
Maybe this sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (lol/MNKbandwagon), but has anyone tried NIN/MNK? I don't feel like making a new thread.
[+]
 Asura.Matzilla
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-13 17:52:33  
there was a point this needed to stop and we have clearly passed that
[+]
 Phoenix.Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-01-13 17:54:56  
I don't know, NIN could ride Counterstance without losing any real defense.
also:
Asura.Matzilla said:
there was a point this needed to stop and we have clearly passed that

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2011-01-13 18:02:30  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Maybe this sounds HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE (lol/MNKbandwagon), but has anyone tried NIN/MNK? I don't feel like making a new thread.
The accuracy loss from Yonin combined with Nin's high evasion kinda makes it less effective than one would think. The point of counter tanking is to not dodge things. Using Innin kind of works out ok, but you only lose evasion, and your Shadows are only really there to block single target spells. It's not bad by any means though, but I don't really like doing it at all. Might as well go something else /mnk or just Monk.
 Lakshmi.Leondimas
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Leondimas
By Lakshmi.Leondimas 2011-01-14 17:05:40  
Gradd, my hat is off to you sir. Amazing find. I can testify that DRK/MNK is awesome and counterstance is broken as ***with DRK main. As all of drks natural abilities (stun, drain, dreadspikes, etc), and higher damage weapons work together with it very well.
 Ragnarok.Returner
By Ragnarok.Returner 2011-01-18 08:48:03  
Tried it last night after I got roaring laughter as well, worked great. I just wish I can put mounted champion in somehow so I don't need the occasional rest. It seems like GH could be the best thing to take out, but I really like the AGI since we can't counter TP move. Going to try with RR/MC/RL tonight and see how it goes.

On a sidenote, I am having a hard time getting skill up on GS, which is about 15 under the cap, any suggestion on location to do this? I was doing dominion last night and hardly got 1 skill up while killing DC to VT mobs in about 30 mins.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-18 23:02:44  
Ragnarok.Returner said:
Tried it last night after I got roaring laughter as well, worked great. I just wish I can put mounted champion in somehow so I don't need the occasional rest. It seems like GH could be the best thing to take out, but I really like the AGI since we can't counter TP move. Going to try with RR/MC/RL tonight and see how it goes. On a sidenote, I am having a hard time getting skill up on GS, which is about 15 under the cap, any suggestion on location to do this? I was doing dominion last night and hardly got 1 skill up while killing DC to VT mobs in about 30 mins.
how did it go?
I found out skilling up by low manning nms works wonders if ur tanking in the heroes zone