users online
Being a jerk
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-24 22:56:47  
Anmorata said:
I'd say my greatest moment on BST was, in the Boyoda tree, I saw 5 tarutaru BLM /anon and 1 hume WHM /anon, obviously a RMT PT, because they were all nude.

so I pulled Aquarius a lil ways past them. logged with my pet on it, logged back on to see all BLM dead and WHM running for her life.

I call it RMT bowling. and I picked up a spare. (I did feel bad and raised the WHM, who thanked me)

Bah, all that awesomeness and you waste it with a raise
 Bahamut.Danagon
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Danagon
By Bahamut.Danagon 2009-02-24 23:01:24  
Wooooodum said:
Oh god I hate BST's, haha.

make me a sad panda :(
 Siren.Anmorata
サーバ: Siren
user: Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-24 23:02:28  
I had a case of accidental MPK once in Sea Serpent Grotto.

I was still new to being 75 and thought some things wouldn't aggro me, I was behind the mithril door and aggro'd that NM that drops some crappy hand-to-hand.

so I do flee and eventually out run it. I walk back to what ever I was doing to see it eating every fish bot under the bridge.
 Diabolos.Chibixzero
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Chibixzero 2009-02-24 23:05:50  
I bough a polearm fron a new person for 10k while it cost 150k, I felt bad that I did a /sea all and told I was goin to give the rest and he said no is okay. That made me feel like a ***
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-02-24 23:54:31  
Pulling caster mob in besieged to me, waiting for the mob the cast AGA III, run in the crowd, use Fool Drink (immune magic), count to 6, take screenshot of everyone getting owned (especially low level), /joy. AM II / AGA III charmed people is fun too :) (and a good way to test your damage on real players)
 Siren.Enternius
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-24 23:56:17  
Antipika said:
Pulling caster mob in besieged to me, waiting for the mob the cast AGA III, run in the crowd, use Fool Drink (immune magic), count to 6, take screenshot of everyone getting owned (especially low level), /joy.

That
Is
Awesome.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 00:00:36  
randomguy : charmed
/ma cannonball randomguy
 Bahamut.Memimi
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Memimi
By Bahamut.Memimi 2009-02-25 00:05:43  
Doing besieged with my boyfriend.

Lautz is charmed.
Memimi begins casting Freeze on Lautz.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-25 00:14:19  
Blazza said:
randomguy : charmed
/ma cannonball randomguy

Heeeeey I can do that now. *devious thoughts*
 Caitsith.Heimdall
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Heimdall
By Caitsith.Heimdall 2009-02-25 00:21:48  
Phioness said:
I killed the PH for Noble Mold because I was pissed off at Japanese Elitism (and drunk) and a JP was camping it.

I HAD the opposite done to me spent all this time camping ph for rose garden on like the last5 mins for it to spawn some ahole jp whm came by killed ph laughing and left.
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-02-25 00:33:15  
I've been having conflicting feeling about something that has been happening.. maybe it'll fall in this category..

My ig wife has been being treated rather bad in our Dynamis LS lately.. called 'useless' and a 'waste'- things like that. It's been pretty person to person- so nothing public, but a lot of them (from the HNMLS that runs the shell) seem to be on the same side. This has been going on for quite a while but we sorta just put it off thinking it was 'those people' in the LS.. ya know.. but have came to found out it's really not.. peeps I've considered friends and enjoyed playing with have also been acting this way toward her.

So, last Dynamis (that I was able to attend) she won THF af2 gloves in Xarc and they really went off with it right out over the LS saying things such as 'I died inside.' and 'Biggest waste of AF ever.' and similar.

Under the circumstances I don't really see how we can keep going to runs with them treating her like that.. But I don't want to feel as if we just got the item and ran.. I pretty much only came to runs anymore to help her- since I have to work so much I can't attend regularly.

We both have put our time in and have got attendance points for that but somehow it's such a waste? We're not part of the HNMLS that runs the Dynamis so probably they were greedy and wanting the item to stay in their main LS- but that is not how you treat someone- regardless of their status in game or their ability as a player. Also, she won fair according to the rules, so if their opinion is negative they should have not blatantly put her down right over the LS in the middle of the run.. surprised I even changed jobs to help with the DL.. but I didn't want to lower myself to that level and bail.

So, after all that.. I'd hate to leave the LS.. we've been running with them for a while. And even before, in the past, we were with them. We'd followed friends to a different LS but they let us back in.. so have been thankful for that.. but now with what has been going on, I just don't know anymore.

I know words typed here can only barely truly convey what has been going on but hopefully it's enough.

I'd hate to regret leaving it but even more so not.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-25 00:39:36  
To be in a linkshell long enough to have that happen to you, and still get a piece of AF as coveted as that without getting screwed over because of what they think of her is justice in itself in my opinion.

If you feel so strongly about them mistreating you or your in game wife, you're more than justified to tell them to *** off and find people who'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated. Do unto others what you want done unto you. You gave them the respect and commitment, you're not getting any respect in return. You have no moral obligations to stay with people who will treat you like that.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 00:43:20  
I'm not trying to be mean or whatever, this is purely speculation. Have you ever thought that they call her useless because she IS useless? If she's THF in Dynamis, does she pull? Or at least use Thief's Knife? Because THF is pretty much useless in Dynamis other than that.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-25 00:44:46  
There are other jobs people can play besides THF... She might have another job but set THF as a main perhaps.
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2009-02-25 00:49:02  
Enternius said:
I'm not trying to be mean or whatever, this is purely speculation. Have you ever thought that they call her useless because she IS useless? If she's THF in Dynamis, does she pull? Or at least use Thief's Knife? Because THF is pretty much useless in Dynamis other than that.

Khellendros said:
There are other jobs people can play besides THF... She might have another job but set THF as a main perhaps.

Yes, she does not play THF. They make her go BLM always because they 'have enough THF's'. And I watch her of course every run and I know she does the best she can and tries. I'm actually pretty harsh on her when she slacks off so I know what they are trying to blame her with is not true. She has been going THF sometimes, but always uses THF Knife and I make sure she bolts at the statues for the BLM pt to get TH on them.
 Siren.Khellendros
By Siren.Khellendros 2009-02-25 00:50:56  
Hah. BLM is far from useless in Dynamis. So unless those guys are *** with standards so high that if you miss ONE sleep you're useless baggage, you can do better. Find someone who'll appreciate your work instead of writing you off as nothing.
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-02-25 00:52:36  
Jurai said:
Enternius said:

Khellendros said:

Yes, she does not play THF. They make her go BLM always because they 'have enough THF's'. And I watch her of course every run and I know she does the best she can and tries. I'm actually pretty harsh on her when she slacks off so I know what they are trying to blame her with is not true. She has been going THF sometimes, but always uses THF Knife and I make sure she bolts at the statues for the BLM pt to get TH on them.
I was thinking the same thing, but I figured I'd let someone else look like a *** and ask the question :p
 Siren.Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-25 00:52:53  
I've been a fair amount of jobs in Dynamis, and I'm most commonly on THF for TH4, how a THF is useless in Dynamis is beyond me. Even if your just tagging statues or using Collaborator or Feint on NINs, what else are you supposed to do? THF can also do pulls, its a pretty useful job.

but I will pretty much get to the bottom line here and now... This is a game, we come here to have fun, if your not having fun with that LS or group of people, then leave them, and have fun with another group.
 Siren.Anmorata
By Siren.Anmorata 2009-02-25 00:54:12  
I type to slow... but then again I take my time to read what people say so I don't get the wrong message ;x

yar BLM is good
 Titan.Azarasi
サーバ: Titan
user: azarashi
By Titan.Azarasi 2009-02-25 01:12:11  
I do it a fair amount still but when I am in a party and for any variety of reasons; have to leave quickly, get bored, hate the party, etc. and I want to leave but don't wana look for a rep or have them possibly get mad at me....I ctrl alt delete and end the game. OOPS DISCONNECT SILLY INTERNET....

I feel mean doing it sometimes but meh
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 01:19:45  
Azarasi said:
OOPS DISCONNECT SILLY INTERNET

I do that ALL the time. Lol.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-25 01:36:16  
I'm just a natural jerk. Its a Job Trait thats always active ;p
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 01:39:05  
Korpg said:
always active

All Job Traits are always active. o.o
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Weewoo 2009-02-25 01:39:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Enternius said:
Korpg said:
always active

All Job Traits are always active. o.o

Except treasure hunter.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-25 01:46:47  
And any Job Traits that require you to do something....like attack....you can't Double Attack a mob by looking at it.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 01:47:51  
Lol. When the FFXI menus specifically tell you "Job traits are always active." Why argue?
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-25 01:54:56  
Because it can't ALWAYS be active if you don't do anything.

How can you double attack when you aren't attacking???
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-02-25 01:58:41  
You still have the trait, though. Just because it isn't activating doesn't mean it's not active.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-02-25 02:10:07  
Meh, its all about perseption of the fact.

You think you are right

I know I'm right

So hence, the stalemate.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-25 05:30:18  
It's not perception of the fact, you're perceiving it wrong ^^. It doesn't appear when you engage, it's always there.

Latent effects such as "STR+ upon drawing your weapon" aren't active without engaging; the STR+ isn't in your Char Info. You could say STR means nothing unless you're hitting something, but your character still holds that value of STR, it's there in pixels. For something that has an unclear interpretation, use similar examples and precedants to formulate said interpretation. Guess you're just not leet enough Korpg v_V