We won't be moving in for at least another year or so, I'm just looking early to get a good feel for what we can expect for our price range, home values, how fast they sell, that sort of thing. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, we estimate our price range will get a 3 bed, 2 bath home with a fenced backyard. What we're finding instead is loads of homes in that range with 4 or 5 beds, 3 or 4 baths, hot tubs, pools, privacy fences, multiple fireplaces and patios, the works. But we'll see how the housing market goes, by the time we are ready it might well be more what we expected, a small modest home with 3 beds and 2 baths. Good enough for us! But if our future house doesn't have a hot tub, maybe we'll buy one to plunk down on the patio and have a party anyways. xD Bring cookies!
Not sure about real estate there, but $300K gives you a lot of options! I've come to the conclusion that we'll be moving in a couple of years. I realistically don't think my house has the square footage for my kiddo and more, if that ends up being the case. Depending on when you guys want to get started, a fourth bedroom wouldn't be a bad idea. I had to combine my study and guest bedroom for Lukas's room. I wish I had maybe a formal living room I could close off to have a study. Not sure if I'll need a playroom. (I don't like clutter! RAWR!) I miss having a fireplace too. :( Pools and hot tubs can be a lot of maintenance and expensive. Rambling...Sorry. A little extra room in anticipation wouldn't be bad though. EDIT: No worries, Leila. I've been geeking out on remax.com too.
don't do it. in my experiance they would turn it into a pig sty in a couple of hours, then not go back in until sunday after I cleaned it, rinse repeat ad nausem
oops, don't you have to post a pic in this thread if you pg?
We won't be moving in for at least another year or so, I'm just looking early to get a good feel for what we can expect for our price range, home values, how fast they sell, that sort of thing. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, we estimate our price range will get a 3 bed, 2 bath home with a fenced backyard. What we're finding instead is loads of homes in that range with 4 or 5 beds, 3 or 4 baths, hot tubs, pools, privacy fences, multiple fireplaces and patios, the works. But we'll see how the housing market goes, by the time we are ready it might well be more what we expected, a small modest home with 3 beds and 2 baths. Good enough for us! But if our future house doesn't have a hot tub, maybe we'll buy one to plunk down on the patio and have a party anyways. xD Bring cookies!
Not sure about real estate there, but $300K gives you a lot of options! I've come to the conclusion that we'll be moving in a couple of years. I realistically don't think my house has the square footage for my kiddo and more, if that ends up being the case. Depending on when you guys want to get started, a fourth bedroom wouldn't be a bad idea. I had to combine my study and guest bedroom for Lukas's room. I wish I had maybe a formal living room I could close off to have a study. Not sure if I'll need a playroom. (I don't like clutter! RAWR!) I miss having a fireplace too. :( Pools and hot tubs can be a lot of maintenance and expensive. Rambling...Sorry. A little extra room in anticipation wouldn't be bad though. EDIT: No worries, Leila. I've been geeking out on remax.com too.
don't do it. in my experiance they would turn it into a pig sty in a couple of hours, then not go back in until sunday after I cleaned it, rinse repeat ad nausem
Well, that's out the window! My anal retentiveness! MUST! LET! GO!
We won't be moving in for at least another year or so, I'm just looking early to get a good feel for what we can expect for our price range, home values, how fast they sell, that sort of thing. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, we estimate our price range will get a 3 bed, 2 bath home with a fenced backyard. What we're finding instead is loads of homes in that range with 4 or 5 beds, 3 or 4 baths, hot tubs, pools, privacy fences, multiple fireplaces and patios, the works.
But we'll see how the housing market goes, by the time we are ready it might well be more what we expected, a small modest home with 3 beds and 2 baths. Good enough for us!
But if our future house doesn't have a hot tub, maybe we'll buy one to plunk down on the patio and have a party anyways. xD Bring cookies!
Not sure about real estate there, but $300K gives you a lot of options! I've come to the conclusion that we'll be moving in a couple of years. I realistically don't think my house has the square footage for my kiddo and more, if that ends up being the case.
Depending on when you guys want to get started, a fourth bedroom wouldn't be a bad idea. I had to combine my study and guest bedroom for Lukas's room. I wish I had maybe a formal living room I could close off to have a study. Not sure if I'll need a playroom. (I don't like clutter! RAWR!) I miss having a fireplace too. :( Pools and hot tubs can be a lot of maintenance and expensive.
Rambling...Sorry. A little extra room in anticipation wouldn't be bad though.
EDIT: No worries, Leila. I've been geeking out on remax.com too.
It would help if we could settle on how many kids we want. Heh. My husband wants two, maximum, not one child over the two-child limit. I want two... girls! And one boy. My husband is hoping for all girls because we can't settle on a name for a boy but we have two girl names picked and ready and set in stone.
Tina Ruth, Tina after his grandma who died just before Christmas, and Ruth after both my grandmas. And Tammy Rose, Tamara after my mother and Rose because "Tammy" and "Rose" sound good together. He wants just Tammy Rose, I want Tamara Rose because that's slightly more after Mom and because I need a longer name to bellow when I'm mad at her.
So I need two daughters. But I also want a son!
Now, if I am spoiled 100% rotten, I would have a house with a nursery right off the master bedroom that could be converted into a study or library or what-have-you when the kids are old enough to move into their own rooms. I don't want a baby to get used to sleeping in bed with mom and dad, because I always have and always will need my own space. But I want them close so I can hear them.
And I would want each kid to have their own room, because privacy is important for kids. I want them to feel like they have their own space. And we occasionally have guests. So to have a room for us, every child, and a spare for guests, we'd need 4 to 5 rooms depending on how many kids we have. And if we have a boy first and try again, and then a boy second and try again, and again, and again, uh well. There will come a time when we will have to admit that we can't keep trying til we get two girls and adopt some dogs to give the girl names to or something. >.>
Or if we try once and have a boy, we can get a hysterectomy and then adopt two girls, I'd be game for that too!
Now, my husband on the other hand, he shared a room with his brother forever, so he's fine with having the kids share a room as long as the kids are the same gender. It would be ok even if the kids aren't the same gender when they are very young, but by the time they hit their teens, not so much. And since most of the company we get is his folks, he has just no problem making them sleep on the couch. So he's fine with a minimum number of bedrooms for our price range, while I'd rather have a maximum number of bedrooms for our price range. And I see merits in both, I mean what with cooling in the summer because it hits the 100s+ here, and heating in the winter because we get a lot of snow, just the bigger the house the bigger the prices forever, not just with the buying part.
Gah, I'm not old enough for all this house-picking responsibility! I want coloring books and chocolate milk. ;;
We won't be moving in for at least another year or so, I'm just looking early to get a good feel for what we can expect for our price range, home values, how fast they sell, that sort of thing. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, we estimate our price range will get a 3 bed, 2 bath home with a fenced backyard. What we're finding instead is loads of homes in that range with 4 or 5 beds, 3 or 4 baths, hot tubs, pools, privacy fences, multiple fireplaces and patios, the works. But we'll see how the housing market goes, by the time we are ready it might well be more what we expected, a small modest home with 3 beds and 2 baths. Good enough for us! But if our future house doesn't have a hot tub, maybe we'll buy one to plunk down on the patio and have a party anyways. xD Bring cookies!
Not sure about real estate there, but $300K gives you a lot of options! I've come to the conclusion that we'll be moving in a couple of years. I realistically don't think my house has the square footage for my kiddo and more, if that ends up being the case. Depending on when you guys want to get started, a fourth bedroom wouldn't be a bad idea. I had to combine my study and guest bedroom for Lukas's room. I wish I had maybe a formal living room I could close off to have a study. Not sure if I'll need a playroom. (I don't like clutter! RAWR!) I miss having a fireplace too. :( Pools and hot tubs can be a lot of maintenance and expensive. Rambling...Sorry. A little extra room in anticipation wouldn't be bad though. EDIT: No worries, Leila. I've been geeking out on remax.com too.
don't do it. in my experiance they would turn it into a pig sty in a couple of hours, then not go back in until sunday after I cleaned it, rinse repeat ad nausem
oops, don't you have to post a pic in this thread if you pg?
OH! Headstrong! Zlatie is still running around Odin with a cake signed by you in her bazaar. <3 Sweetest ever, you left ages ago, she still misses you.
Z is a dude D: Very nice and gentle one tho and kinda shy.
I made stuff for a few people back then, wonder if anyone else kept them so long x3 most are probably not even playing anymore.
I've never talked to him, I feel awkward saying hi to people I don't know. /blush. But it's so sweet, every time I see him I peek at his bazaar and it's always there. Makes me d'awww!
Sad thing about city life is that you end up paying for parking too... a parking spot for a condo downtown here can run you, on average, about $30k... that and it's seperately deeded so you have property taxes on that too lol...
OH! Headstrong! Zlatie is still running around Odin with a cake signed by you in her bazaar. <3 Sweetest ever, you left ages ago, she still misses you.
Z is a dude D: Very nice and gentle one tho and kinda shy.
I made stuff for a few people back then, wonder if anyone else kept them so long x3 most are probably not even playing anymore.
I've never talked to him, I feel awkward saying hi to people I don't know. /blush. But it's so sweet, every time I see him I peek at his bazaar and it's always there. Makes me d'awww!
If he's still wearing that yagudo headgear, that was mine too >: He'd prolly be happy if you say hi, he used to have kind of a hard time finding people to do stuff with. If you ever end up talking to him, can say hi from me too x3
You guys could take the bus and train you know >.> Everyone here does
I hate buses here... fking kids just want to punch them ;)
My dad is 60 and he tells people to *** off when they're holding up the bus or being retards >.> He lifted a 20 something guy off the bus for being a *** rofl. Whispered "don't *** with me, ***" in his ear as he did it and the guy was like a lamb
We won't be moving in for at least another year or so, I'm just looking early to get a good feel for what we can expect for our price range, home values, how fast they sell, that sort of thing. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, we estimate our price range will get a 3 bed, 2 bath home with a fenced backyard. What we're finding instead is loads of homes in that range with 4 or 5 beds, 3 or 4 baths, hot tubs, pools, privacy fences, multiple fireplaces and patios, the works.
But we'll see how the housing market goes, by the time we are ready it might well be more what we expected, a small modest home with 3 beds and 2 baths. Good enough for us!
But if our future house doesn't have a hot tub, maybe we'll buy one to plunk down on the patio and have a party anyways. xD Bring cookies!
Not sure about real estate there, but $300K gives you a lot of options! I've come to the conclusion that we'll be moving in a couple of years. I realistically don't think my house has the square footage for my kiddo and more, if that ends up being the case.
Depending on when you guys want to get started, a fourth bedroom wouldn't be a bad idea. I had to combine my study and guest bedroom for Lukas's room. I wish I had maybe a formal living room I could close off to have a study. Not sure if I'll need a playroom. (I don't like clutter! RAWR!) I miss having a fireplace too. :( Pools and hot tubs can be a lot of maintenance and expensive.
Rambling...Sorry. A little extra room in anticipation wouldn't be bad though.
EDIT: No worries, Leila. I've been geeking out on remax.com too.
It would help if we could settle on how many kids we want. Heh. My husband wants two, maximum, not one child over the two-child limit. I want two... girls! And one boy. My husband is hoping for all girls because we can't settle on a name for a boy but we have two girl names picked and ready and set in stone.
Tina Ruth, Tina after his grandma who died just before Christmas, and Ruth after both my grandmas. And Tammy Rose, Tamara after my mother and Rose because "Tammy" and "Rose" sound good together. He wants just Tammy Rose, I want Tamara Rose because that's slightly more after Mom and because I need a longer name to bellow when I'm mad at her.
So I need two daughters. But I also want a son!
Now, if I am spoiled 100% rotten, I would have a house with a nursery right off the master bedroom that could be converted into a study or library or what-have-you when the kids are old enough to move into their own rooms. I don't want a baby to get used to sleeping in bed with mom and dad, because I always have and always will need my own space. But I want them close so I can hear them.
And I would want each kid to have their own room, because privacy is important for kids. I want them to feel like they have their own space. And we occasionally have guests. So to have a room for us, every child, and a spare for guests, we'd need 4 to 5 rooms depending on how many kids we have. And if we have a boy first and try again, and then a boy second and try again, and again, and again, uh well. There will come a time when we will have to admit that we can't keep trying til we get two girls and adopt some dogs to give the girl names to or something. >.>
Or if we try once and have a boy, we can get a hysterectomy and then adopt two girls, I'd be game for that too!
Now, my husband on the other hand, he shared a room with his brother forever, so he's fine with having the kids share a room as long as the kids are the same gender. It would be ok even if the kids aren't the same gender when they are very young, but by the time they hit their teens, not so much. And since most of the company we get is his folks, he has just no problem making them sleep on the couch. So he's fine with a minimum number of bedrooms for our price range, while I'd rather have a maximum number of bedrooms for our price range. And I see merits in both, I mean what with cooling in the summer because it hits the 100s+ here, and heating in the winter because we get a lot of snow, just the bigger the house the bigger the prices forever, not just with the buying part.
Gah, I'm not old enough for all this house-picking responsibility! I want coloring books and chocolate milk. ;;
I kind of want a daughter too! Very pretty names! I like Tamara a lot! Family names staying within the family is a nice, little tip of the hat. :) (August is actually the name of my great-grandfather on the German side.)
I like the master/nursery/future study combo too! That's a great idea. I do wonder if co-sleeping will be inviting trouble later, but for now it's just an easy solution, especially at 3:00 and 6:00 in the morning.
Agreed about each kid needing their own space. What ever happened to Jack and Jill bathrooms? Everyone does need their own space as a teen. I hated sharing a bathroom with my brother, and I'm sure he hated sharing one with me. (He always jumped at the chance to make a joke when I was on my rag. GRRR!) Because of the 100+ degree weather, I don't think I could ever buy a two story unless there was a separate A/C unit upstairs. Superfluous, but I always wanted to have a tankless water heater installed in this house, but I think I'll just wait until the next.
House hunting is FUN! It is hard to make a reasonable list though.
We won't be moving in for at least another year or so, I'm just looking early to get a good feel for what we can expect for our price range, home values, how fast they sell, that sort of thing. So far I'm pleasantly surprised, we estimate our price range will get a 3 bed, 2 bath home with a fenced backyard. What we're finding instead is loads of homes in that range with 4 or 5 beds, 3 or 4 baths, hot tubs, pools, privacy fences, multiple fireplaces and patios, the works. But we'll see how the housing market goes, by the time we are ready it might well be more what we expected, a small modest home with 3 beds and 2 baths. Good enough for us! But if our future house doesn't have a hot tub, maybe we'll buy one to plunk down on the patio and have a party anyways. xD Bring cookies!
Not sure about real estate there, but $300K gives you a lot of options! I've come to the conclusion that we'll be moving in a couple of years. I realistically don't think my house has the square footage for my kiddo and more, if that ends up being the case. Depending on when you guys want to get started, a fourth bedroom wouldn't be a bad idea. I had to combine my study and guest bedroom for Lukas's room. I wish I had maybe a formal living room I could close off to have a study. Not sure if I'll need a playroom. (I don't like clutter! RAWR!) I miss having a fireplace too. :( Pools and hot tubs can be a lot of maintenance and expensive. Rambling...Sorry. A little extra room in anticipation wouldn't be bad though. EDIT: No worries, Leila. I've been geeking out on remax.com too.
don't do it. in my experiance they would turn it into a pig sty in a couple of hours, then not go back in until sunday after I cleaned it, rinse repeat ad nausem oops, don't you have to post a pic in this thread if you pg?
I don't really have a Swedish accent
my bad, I could've swore you showed me awesome swedish pictures one time.
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.