To be fair, people have been making these videos since the dawn of the internet. I remember watching something just like this roughly 20 years ago where they were interviewing people asking similar questions.
That said, no one learns analog clocks anymore. Why would they bother, when they have the time in a digital format in their pocket at all times?
I bet in 10 years from now someone's going to make one of these videos asking kids how to change a light bulb. And because most lights nowadays are LEDs and are likely going to last decades, they'll never be exposed to such a thing. Most folks in generations to follow are going to have to either call an electrician or watch a YouTube tutorial on how to change a light bulb.
I don't know how to change the oil in my own car, which is something that older generations roll their eyes at. But those older generations probably don't know how a lot of things work that were phased out of necessity as they were growing up either.
EDIT: I think this is the one I watched a couple decades ago, re-uploaded as late as 11 years ago.
To be fair, people have been making these videos since the dawn of the internet. I remember watching something just like this roughly 20 years ago where they were interviewing people asking similar questions.
That said, no one learns analog clocks anymore. Why would they bother, when they have the time in a digital format in their pocket at all times?
I bet in 10 years from now someone's going to make one of these videos asking kids how to change a light bulb. And because most lights nowadays are LEDs and are likely going to last decades, they'll never be exposed to such a thing. Most folks in generations to follow are going to have to either call an electrician or watch a YouTube tutorial on how to change a light bulb.
I don't know how to change the oil in my own car, which is something that older generations roll their eyes at. But those older generations probably don't know how a lot of things work that were phased out of necessity as they were growing up either.
EDIT: I think this is the one I watched a couple decades ago, re-uploaded as late as 11 years ago.
Yeah I used to hate these because they are almost always selected in a way to fit the uploaders agenda but some of these are just like... really? What country does the Queen of England reside in
Yeah I used to hate these because they are almost always selected in a way to fit the uploaders agenda but some of these are just like... really? What country does the Queen of England reside in
These are all most likely either staged or heavily edited to frame everyone as complete morons. They're probably all asked like 30 questions and they only choose the one or two that a person gets stumped on, or they'll feed the person a bunch of information and then randomly ask them a question so they hesitate and think "wait, was the stuff they just told me relevant to this question" or something.
Granted, there are some questions that I myself couldn't answer. It's important to remember that everyone's smart one way or another. Not everyone gives a crap about world politics or world religion.
It took him 20 years to win the championship, and I don't believe he did ever catch them all. Not even just the og 150. (I don't know though I've watched very little pokamans)
;_;7
I can't believe the anime is finally moving on to new characters after all this time. Feels weird.
This actually hit me like a ton of bricks today. It feels quite surreal.
If they planned to retire him I wonder why they decided to never age him. I fell off it ages ago because it was literally "dodge" for every fight he had. Dodge, the most overpowered pokemon technique
;_;7
I can't believe the anime is finally moving on to new characters after all this time. Feels weird.
This actually hit me like a ton of bricks today. It feels quite surreal.
I kinda expected that after he won the championship lol. He already got the best ending, continue his story past that point only makes the ending less impactful. So the most logical decision would be changing the main character for a new story, even if that means the new characters won't be loved as much.
Well, its not like the school is an actual place to learn.
Au contraire, its the place where the youngsters first learn about smoke, alcohool, drugs, violence, promiscuity, all the worst human being have.
There is no more immoral place to be when people just glamorize all that being “wrong” is.
Obviously there is a reason and an intention to that, but thinking that sending kids to such toxic place will make them smarter or socially apt is just naivety.
In our world, i would go as far as to advocate that parents must teach/tutor their children at least till the point those kids are matured enough to make conscious decisions, and not just following whatever the “others” do just to be a part of them.
At least the parent who actually care with the well being of their children. Because every year the world becomes more and more difficult, hostile to common people.
Well, its not like the school is an actual place to learn.
Au contraire, its the place where the youngsters first learn about smoke, alcohool, drugs, violence, promiscuity, all the worst human being have.
There is no more immoral place to be when people just glamorize all that being “wrong” is.
Obviously there is a reason and an intention to that, but thinking that sending kids to such toxic place will make them smarter or socially apt is just naivety.
In our world, i would go as far as to advocate that parents must teach/tutor their children at least till the point those kids are matured enough to make conscious decisions, and not just following whatever the “others” do just to be a part of them.
By your logic we should never leave our parents and enter the society too, because as soon as anybody enters the "real world" they'll automatic be tainted by "smoke, alcohool, drugs, violence, promiscuity" since they are everywhere in the real world for us to learn.
Oh wait, you also believe that someone will magically gain "conscious decisions" from parents as if such thing is related to age but not life experiences.
Obviously not true...
What school does is really a mini society for young people to learn how to handle the real world in a relatively safer place. If they are exposed to "smoke, alcohool, drugs, violence, promiscuity" as a result, then they'll deal with the consequences and eventually learn to make "conscious decisions" from life lessons.
Since Smoking, drinking, soft drug and sex is legal in some countries after age 16-18 depending. If adults can do it legally, it's not the end of the world if kids are exposed to it 1-2 years earlier. Removing the school entirely because of they are exposed to (not even commit, but exposed to) such a small "crime" that adults do everyday seems like overreacting.
With all the information available on the internet these days, even without school I bet kids will still learn the real world from internet anyways.
;_;7
I can't believe the anime is finally moving on to new characters after all this time. Feels weird.
Are they really? Didn't see that
Yup. A handful of episodes left to wrap up and then the new kids take over.
YouTube Video Placeholder
Well, I don't see that doing well. But I don't see it failing either.
Do well or not he has to go the moment he won the championship lol. Or at least not be a protagonist. It's already established that he is "the best" in the world, at that point it's nearly impossible to implement any kind of meaningful competitor for conflicts in this kind of story anymore. If the competitor is competitive then the concept of "the best" will be gone, if the competitor is weak then it's not exciting to watch.
I went back and watched some, they even retired Cynthia. Never liked how they did the whole "they are grown now, lets retire them and put kids in their place" for shows or video game stories. Also why do they get to mega evolve but they took that outta the games for some reason.
;_;7
I can't believe the anime is finally moving on to new characters after all this time. Feels weird.
Are they really? Didn't see that
Yup. A handful of episodes left to wrap up and then the new kids take over.
YouTube Video Placeholder
Well, I don't see that doing well. But I don't see it failing either.
Do well or not he has to go the moment he won the championship lol. Or at least not be a protagonist. It's already established that he is "the best" in the world, at that point it's nearly impossible to implement any kind of meaningful competitor for conflicts in this kind of story anymore. If the competitor is competitive then the concept of "the best" will be gone, if the competitor is weak then it's not exciting to watch.
Nah bro. Ash won the Orange Island league back in the day(90s/early 00s), and that did jack and ***to stop him being the central character later. It's clearly just a move to try and spice things up to bring in new viewers.
Plus the whole, "If you earn it, you gotta keep it." Part of Pokemon has always been that there's a champion to oust. Usually it's the player doing that or Ash trying to(and sometimes succeeding) in doing that. If they wanted to keep the same central character, they could easily show us what life is like for the champ. How many close wins he gets against challengers. What he's expected to do in life other than rest on his laurels.
The thing is, is they don't want to change the show's formula, but they want to retire the character and bring in fresh meat. Me thinks they're trying to shift the demographic to youngins' Give the next generation their own hero/aspiring trainer etc.
Nah bro. Ash won the Orange Island league back in the day(90s/early 00s), and that did jack and ***to stop him being the central character later.
Is that a regional league? Correct me if I'm wrong, They never really advertise Ash being "the best trainer in the world" after that I don't think? so there are still room to insert new powerful challengers as long as the character hasn't been established as the best in the world.
they could easily show us what life is like for the champ. How many close wins he gets against challengers. What he's expected to do in life other than rest on his laurels.
Like I said, from narrative pov that will weakened the emotional impact of protagonist finally becoming the best. You just become the best, so epic. Then "close wins" with random guys? Lol. Plus close wins as "the best" never feels like you can* lose so it isn't as intense.
The world tournament is already advertised as the highlight of his career everywhere, facing the toughest opponent ever. It will be even harder to introduce even more epic challenges moving forward.
Searching for a different goal in life completely changes the nature of the show lol, and it will likely kill it faster than a new protagonist.
Yes the show can technically "continue" if they really force it, it just wouldn't end in a perfect spot like it is now. To me it sounds like a better strategy to give the old character some kind of legendary status by ending his story right after the most epic moment so he retains his value within this IP. On the same time there are new opportunity to sell new characters, killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
This is a thread that I found on another website I post at. It can be really really interesting. I thought it deserved a place here.
Post your random thoughts for the day here, or anything else that intrigues you.
For starters, is it possible to give constructive critism to someone who doesn't have a neck? I totally just walked by a girl who didn't. Someone isn't getting a necklace for Valentines day!
And who decided black and white can't be colors? I want to say a racist. I really do.