フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-05-06 17:14:14  
Yeah, that's what I use. Paid some guy 500k to farm me one, was a pretty sweet deal.
 Bismarck.Satabi
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Satabi
By Bismarck.Satabi 2013-05-06 17:25:36  
Uh but Leafkin and Mandy shields are much cuter, I think the better choice is obvious
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-05-06 18:03:58  
Bismarck.Satabi said: »
Uh but Leafkin and Mandy shields are much cuter, I think the better choice is obvious

[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-09 17:44:01  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
With the augment to the Manibohzo set r.attack being AGI this changes the optimal Last Stand and Coronach sets respectfully. Rank 15 would add 15 R.attack 10 R.accuracy and 10 AGI

Last Stand
ItemSet 243446
Coronach
ItemSet 246993

Been playing around with some numbers, and I highly doubt manibohzo jerkin would beat caban for last stand. We're looking at an extra 13 AGI vs 12 STR and 24+ ranged attack with berserk up (caban is adding at least 33 ranged attack with v. shot + berserk). Not even close really. I've been debating which path I should take, since I also play BLU quite a bit, and now I think I've definitely decided on the melee route.

That said, the jerkin would certainly be the best wildfire piece.
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-15 13:27:23  
How do people feel about Manibozho Gloves w/ rank15 ranged attack path versus Sigyn's Bazubands (mostly thinking LastStand sets)?

STR+8 AGI+8 Racc+12 Ratk+12 Marks+6 Enm-5

vs

AGI+10 Racc+10 Ratk+30 Enm-7

Eyeballing they look like they'd be roughly even. Basically Racc+~6 vs Ratk+8 (not counting fSTR stuff)
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-15 14:01:05  
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
How do people feel about Manibozho Gloves w/ rank15 ranged attack path versus Sigyn's Bazubands (mostly thinking LastStand sets)?

STR+8 AGI+8 Racc+12 Ratk+12 Marks+6 Enm-5

vs

AGI+10 Racc+10 Ratk+30 Enm-7

Eyeballing they look like they'd be roughly even. Basically Racc+~6 vs Ratk+8 (not counting fSTR stuff)
I would use them and I would also use them for Coro when capped fSTR which isn't very hard
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-15 14:15:03  
Manibozho gloves win easily if fSTR2 is capped. 2 AGI 8 RA vs 8 STR.

Although fSTR2 is not capped in the current ideal last stand set, so sigyn's might better. Hard to math out since it would be very close. Maybe stick with sigyn's for the extra acc on a lot of these mobs.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-05-15 21:06:38  
So.. I'm gonna start trying to delve for the first time and was just hoping for some input on gear and food

ItemSet 299526

Is what I currently have available, couple questions;
is 21 store TP enough to freely WS in whatever I want to keep a 4hit /war?(assuming recycle procs etc, I know it wont all the time.)

Also, is that enough RACC so I can still use RCBs, or am I stuck with sushi?

Thanks in advance :D
 Bahamut.Boogerballs
By Bahamut.Boogerballs 2013-05-15 21:57:00  
Its about time you ditched that octave club and finished leveling to 99. Proud of you
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-16 01:27:19  
Bahamut.Greyfawkz said: »
So.. I'm gonna start trying to delve for the first time and was just hoping for some input on gear and food

ItemSet 299526

is 21 store TP enough to freely WS in whatever I want to keep a 4hit /war?(assuming recycle procs etc, I know it wont all the time.)

no, not enough to be able to use RCB. and no need for sushis. you can use Pot-Au-Fau. r.acc and r.atk
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-16 01:47:38  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

ItemSet 299526

no, not enough to be able to use RCB. and no need for sushis. you can use Pot-Au-Fau. r.acc and r.atk
That's plenty of R.acc with buffs. I would stick to RCB's. That set is very close to my TP set and I had capped racc when I went to delve on RNG
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-16 01:55:07  

ItemSet 299526

well, plasm farming yes, thats enough. fighting NMs, no, he needs a different food.

That's plenty of R.acc with buffs. I would stick to RCB's. That set is very close to my TP set and I had capped racc when I went to delve on RNG
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-16 02:08:51  

ItemSet 299526

well, plasm farming yes, thats enough. fighting NMs, no, he needs a different food.

Fighting anything inside the fracture I was capped racc except for the Tutewe when it wasn't blinded. I literally was 100% racc on both the eft and the raptor and i didn't have any noticeable bad racc moments except Tutewe which I mentioned.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 02:10:38  
Do you mean delve NMs or plasm farm? Definitely need pot or sushi for delve NMs. Not all of them, but quite a few. RCB work fine for plasm farming; however, make sure you have an accuracy set available if you're doing ceizak, because the ladybugs are very evasive.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-16 02:11:29  

ItemSet 299526

Fighting anything inside the fracture I was capped racc except for the Tutewe when it wasn't blinded. I literally was 100% racc on both the eft and the raptor and i didn't have any noticeable bad racc moments except Tutewe which I mentioned.

sadly, i dont have the luxury of full buffs. as rng, i normally get stuck in with the mages. if im lucky, i might get a cor, thats rare though.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 02:20:51  
Gnat is extremely evasive.

21 store to is not enough for a 4-hit with coronach. 21 is the bare minimum, so you'd need at least 21 store tp in your coronach build, and beret +2. Last stand, you don't need any additional store tp as long as you weapon skill in scout's beret +2.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-16 02:33:18  
Bismarck.Helel said: »

21 store to is not enough for a 4-hit with coronach. 21 is the bare minimum, so you'd need at least 21 store tp in your coronach build, and beret +2. Last stand, you don't need any additional store tp as long as you weapon skill in scout's beret +2.
Using the Gnat as the mob you are basing the food you are using for the entire delve run is stupid. I don't even believe it's evasion has do with your accuracy entirely but what type of dmg is being dealt to it. Using my full acc set on SAM with double madrigal, hunter's, boost-dex, aggressor and hasso I was still near floored acc while the mnk in the other party was having no trouble hitting it with less acc buffs. I never posted anything about my set being a 4 hit. I've actually swapped to using Libeccio mantle for capped recycle rate.

Edit: The reason I swapped to that mantle is because prior to using it it didn't seem like me or the other rng's were capping or recycle rate. We were actually geting about an 80% recycle rate so I swapped to this and have had better success.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 02:56:39  
Bismarck.Helel said: »

Using the Gnat as the mob you are basing the food you are using for the entire delve run is stupid. I don't even believe it's evasion has do with your accuracy entirely but what type of dmg is being dealt to it. Using my full acc set on SAM with double madrigal, hunter's, boost-dex, aggressor and hasso I was still near floored acc while the mnk in the other party was having no trouble hitting it with less acc buffs. I never posted anything about my set being a 4 hit. I've actually swapped to using Libeccio mantle for capped recycle rate.

Edit: The reason I swapped to that mantle is because prior to using it it didn't seem like me or the other rng's were capping or recycle rate. We were actually geting about an 80% recycle rate so I swapped to this and have had better success.

What are you even talking about? I was responding to his question of whether he had enough accuracy for delve, which includes both NMs and plasm farming. All I said was, quote, gnat was extremely evasive. Of course you shouldn't base your food on the gnat, not only because it's stupid, but because you'd have to be stupid to fight it inside the fracture in the first place.

Secondly, I was also responding to his question of whether 21 store tp was enough for a 4-hit. I have no idea why you thought I was responding to you.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-16 03:01:27  
Never saw the question about the 21STP :/ I don't get why you even said anything about the gnat if that was the case.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-05-16 17:44:39  
sadly, i dont have the luxury of full buffs. as rng, i normally get stuck in with the mages. if im lucky, i might get a cor, thats rare though.

Isn't it disgusting? LS events I get into the DD party, but anything else I get put with mages. Makes me rage.

I've actually swapped to using Libeccio mantle for capped recycle rate.

I TP in Libeccio at the moment as well.
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-16 17:49:49  
Hat + 5/5 Merits should already be putting you over the Recycle cap. Libeccio is still good for Racc+10 though.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-05-16 18:08:23  
Yeah, I'm using it for the extra accuracy and wasn't aware of the recycle cap! Interesting.
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-16 18:17:20  
It's still good for recycle when you get a rapid shot that goes off before your postSnapshot timer. No Extra TP but saves dat ammo :P
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 18:24:51  
Don't think I've ever seen rapid shot screw up my midcast gear with gun. What delay do you use? 0.8 works for me.

I also use libeccio for my full accuracy build. Otherwise I usually stick with sylvan for the store tp.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-05-16 20:11:36  
Thanks for all the tips, guys :D

I do have a RACC build also, was just wondering how much more I would need/if any.

Is /WAR still the better choice most of the time? tried a Legion run recently with /SAM, the easy 4hit + sekkanoki seemed to be doing fantastic..
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-16 21:46:26  
Thanks for all the tips, guys :D

I do have a RACC build also, was just wondering how much more I would need/if any.

Is /WAR still the better choice most of the time? tried a Legion run recently with /SAM, the easy 4hit + sekkanoki seemed to be doing fantastic..

4-hit should be really easy with /WAR. You'll need to wear more store tp in your tp set, but it's nothing major.
 Sylph.Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-05-20 17:11:00  
For Coro would you AGI-path or STR-path Manibozho pants? Was planning to go AGI when I got to em, but figured I'd ask anyway.

STR+10 vs AGI+10 Racc+10 Ratk+15

fSTR might be harder to cap once RME update rolls in though...
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2013-05-20 17:30:12  
Has anyone ever put solid numbers on the racc/ratt of Kohlrouladen/+1?
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-05-21 05:39:42  

ItemSet 299526

I've had this same problem at times, and honestly, when i know I'm stuck in a mage party, my 4 hit hopes while /war hit the garbage, so i've been subbing COR and keeping hunter's roll up and eating sushi and using a r.acc xml specifically for delve.

Some folks are starting to realize that "Annihilator" isn't just an intimidating name, and have been making sure i go into a buffed party. Just wait til those delve bullets come out.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15