フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-04-24 19:48:30  
Was mostly concerned with the head/body/hands/legs/feet slots. Only other neck options I've had lying around are Justice Torque and Sylvan Scarf. Damage hasn't been disappointing or anything like that, just didn't know if any of the Thurandaut or other sets took over any slots.

Wasn't specific enough in first post, woops
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2013-04-24 20:03:59  
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
ItemSet 279934

Aside from the bullets and chocolate mask, anything of the new gear that would go in Coro sets?

Af3+2 body, and sigyn hands would be better. I'm assuming the thunder gorget is a mistake, moepapa medal would be better.
By fractalvoid 2013-04-24 20:32:20  
I don't know if Caban would be better for Coronach tbh, would need maths on that. It's really dependent on the RA+% (if any) but I could easily see saio winning. I also think it might be better to use Thurandaut Tights, since you'll be breaking the setbonus from Thaumas with Sigyn's (and Chocalitzli if you're all fancy)
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-04-24 20:33:59  
Wait, Caban on Coronach? When did that change?
By fractalvoid 2013-04-24 20:39:44  
Also see some people using Dumakulem's Ring or Moepapa Annulet for Coronach and/or Last Stand. Not sure how these compare to Stormsoul/Pyrosoul.

edit: i myself am curious, which is why i bring it up :<
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-24 21:12:11  
Pyrosoul is the best coronach ring paired with rajas if fSTR2 is not capped. If fSTR2 is capped, then duma is probably the best, but I can't say for sure without doing the math (the other possibility is moepapa).

I don't know whether tessera beats caban as I haven't figured out the exact boost from caban yet.

Thaumas kecks are certainly better than thurandaut if fSTR2 isn't capped. You don't even need the set bonus.
 Lakshmi.Kanobrown
user: Kanobrown
By Lakshmi.Kanobrown 2013-04-25 00:52:53  
Ahh I drank too much of that helel punch!
 Asura.Flonee
サーバ: Asura
user: Flonne
By Asura.Flonee 2013-05-02 15:22:46  
First time ever posting here, I have just gotten the Manibozho Brais, and would like to ask if this is better to replace Thaumas Kecks for Coronach on rng?

I have Path B upgrade for the brais and it gives R.att+9, R.acc+4.

I currently use thaumas hat, sygin hands, AF3+2 body, thaumas kecks, thaumas nails for coronach.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-02 15:53:45  
Yes. Tho I would switch to path A. I believe that path ends with third Aug of STR
 Asura.Flonee
By Asura.Flonee 2013-05-02 16:03:47  
I saw the R.att on path B and I was like OMG, picked it without thinking. I'll go down to the end see what the 3rd is.

Thanks for the fast reply!
 Bahamut.Itze
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Itze
By Bahamut.Itze 2013-05-02 16:14:28  
How does nq hexed jacket with wsd+4 stand now
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-02 16:16:04  
Bahamut.Itze said: »
How does nq hexed jacket with wsd+4 stand now
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/37992/april-29th-update-for-rng/#2320791
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-02 16:20:11  
Best for coronach until proven otherwise. Neither the NQ nor the HQ should beat caban for last stand since ws damage+ only applies to the first hit.

People may also want to consider using scout's beret +2 in their ws set. It can provide up to +10 TP if recycle procs on both hits of last stand. I doubt it'd be worth using for coronach.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-02 16:29:01  
Asura.Flonee said: »
I saw the R.att on path B and I was like OMG, picked it without thinking. I'll go down to the end see what the 3rd is.

Thanks for the fast reply!
Ah it could be worth doing path B then. I was using the new bow paths where path A is ranged attack. If path A is irrelevant than just stick to B. It should be dex unless those legs have an acc path
By bcider 2013-05-02 17:07:32  
So is gun even worth it now that the new bows have higher base dmg than guns and a lower delay?
 Asura.Flonee
By Asura.Flonee 2013-05-02 17:09:05  
I got my anni not even 2 month, it would really make me quit if RMEC update is just a ws unlock.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-03 13:06:05  
bcider said: »
So is gun even worth it now that the new bows have higher base dmg than guns and a lower delay?

Annihilator will always be useful for coronach. For direct damage, it'd probably be worth using the new bow. Originally, I thought it was a no-brainer, but considering that the bow does not have triple damage proc, nor access to last stand, they might not be that far apart (I'm speaking of the D220 bow, not the crafted one). I still believe bow to be quite a bit better, just not ridiculously so.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-05-04 12:25:43  
Bismarck.Helel said: »

Annihilator will always be useful for coronach. For direct damage, it'd probably be worth using the new bow. Originally, I thought it was a no-brainer, but considering that the bow does not have triple damage proc, nor access to last stand, they might not be that far apart (I'm speaking of the D220 bow, not the crafted one). I still believe bow to be quite a bit better, just not ridiculously so.
If they end up going with the unlock system, can you imagine how broken the new "E-bow" will be with namas/JR unlocked? I'm considering saving HMP for the chance that that is in fact what they do.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-05-04 12:48:17  
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
I'm considering saving HMP for the chance that that is in fact what they do.

why. its cheaper to remake it, but taking the WoE path to 99. like 15 mil vs 100mil+
 Sylph.Knala
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2013-05-04 13:00:55  
So probably a bit out of place but what does it take to bring down ADL been away from the game for a bit, rather to say left because my linkshell fell apart and we were just starting up ADL runs (my anni got marooned at 95 so yeah)
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-05-04 21:32:51  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
I'm considering saving HMP for the chance that that is in fact what they do.

why. its cheaper to remake it, but taking the WoE path to 99. like 15 mil vs 100mil+
I would like to think they will be implementing some way to buff real emps vs coin emps, I wouldn't trade anything in until I knew for sure what was happening ofc.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2013-05-05 02:33:31  

Looks like this dagger on Path A, assuming it gives STR+10 is going to be my next target after I buy the speleogen bow.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-05 02:46:13  
Bismarck.Helel said: »

If they end up going with the unlock system, can you imagine how broken the new "E-bow" will be with namas/JR unlocked? I'm considering saving HMP for the chance that that is in fact what they do.

Any weapon skill other than coronach/namas is almost entirely useless on a lot of these new NMs. I can't imagine trying to control hate without coronach. JR would be fun on fodder mobs I suppose.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-06 02:53:15  
With the augment to the Manibohzo set r.attack being AGI this changes the optimal Last Stand and Coronach sets respectfully. Rank 15 would add 15 R.attack 10 R.accuracy and 10 AGI

Last Stand
ItemSet 243446
Coronach
ItemSet 246993
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2013-05-06 15:18:59  
Just curious, how many STR do you need over the ennemy VIT with Speleogen to cap fSTR?
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-05-06 15:36:49  
Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
With the augment to the Manibohzo set r.attack being AGI this changes the optimal Last Stand and Coronach sets respectfully. Rank 15 would add 15 R.attack 10 R.accuracy and 10 AGI

Last Stand
ItemSet 243446
Coronach
ItemSet 246993

Why the leafkin shield? And is there a place where you can see the gear upgraded in various stages yet?
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2013-05-06 15:48:33  
Siren.Blackroses said: »
Just curious, how many STR do you need over the ennemy VIT with Speleogen to cap fSTR?
What's Speleogen?
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »

Last Stand
ItemSet 243446
Coronach
ItemSet 246993

Why the leafkin shield? And is there a place where you can see the gear upgraded in various stages yet?
Lol there's no reason for the leafkin shield. You can use whatever shield you want if you're using the fencer bonus. The Delve section on BG explains the various upgrades and the stat increase per stage
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-05-06 15:57:45  

124. fSTR2 cap is 64 with the bow.
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2013-05-06 16:16:10  
What's Speleogen?
Quetzalcoatl.Waffless said: »

Last Stand
ItemSet 243446
Coronach
ItemSet 246993

Lol there's no reason for the leafkin shield. You can use whatever shield you want if you're using the fencer bonus. The Delve section on BG explains the various upgrades and the stat increase per stage

Ah ok thanks. Thought it might have had some killer upgrades on it that I was missing out on.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-06 17:02:25  
You can use Legion scutum if you have the patience for some znm! It's really the only useful thing you can put there.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15