Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-01 16:08:25  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Mantle would be a better piece to swap out if anything, 20ratk. Also use /war unless you want awful damage, I see far too many relic rng who don't use /war.
iSAM :3
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-02-01 16:09:59  
Absolutely no reason to /sam. You don't need to make any major sacrifices in ws gear for STP, and a 4hit isn't hard at all with /war.
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-01 16:10:58  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Leviathan.Hohenheim said: »

Your TP set is good. The only difference from mine is I use Impulse Belt, and Hoard Ring instead of Bellona's (I sold it).

I think your Barrage is fantastic.

For Coronach, depending what is on your Anwig, I'd lose the Moepapa and add a Pyrosoul.

Last Stand is very nice, but I'd use STR earrings. I know it's a 100% AGI mod, but STR is still vital for RA.

Yeah str is vital, I hear it makes out to be about a 60% mod on ws, but when the agi is 100% mod (85% rrally), I doubt the + what, 4? rattk from using str earrings is going to beat stacking agi.
Well, it would be 22+STR merits if applicable. I don't know, I'm just so conditioned to add STR to everything.

str merits shouldn't matter, it's static. you're looking at +11? rattk then in exchange for 22 agi at a higher mod (25% more, should be able to do it that way since it's just multiplication, but im no math wiz). something just tells me it wouldn't cut it.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-01 17:28:45  
Phoenix.Dramatica said: »
Absolutely no reason to /sam. You don't need to make any major sacrifices in ws gear for STP, and a 4hit isn't hard at all with /war.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-01 17:37:24  

Your TP set is good. The only difference from mine is I use Impulse Belt, and Hoard Ring instead of Bellona's (I sold it).

For Coronach, depending what is on your Anwig, I'd lose the Moepapa and add a Pyrosoul.

Last Stand is very nice, but I'd use STR earrings. I know it's a 100% AGI mod, but STR is still vital for RA.

Yeah str is vital, I hear it makes out to be about a 60% mod on ws, but when the agi is 100% mod (85% rrally), I doubt the + what, 4? rattk from using str earrings is going to beat stacking agi.
Well, it would be 22+STR merits if applicable. I don't know, I'm just so conditioned to add STR to everything.

str merits shouldn't matter, it's static. you're looking at +11? rattk then in exchange for 22 agi at a higher mod (25% more, should be able to do it that way since it's just multiplication, but im no math wiz). something just tells me it wouldn't cut it.
Maybe. Go finish your Gastrofantastic! :D
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-01 17:45:45  
The best earrings for last stand would be sylvan + moonshade with tp bonus. Without moonshade, two agi earrings are your best bet. Normally STR wins on any ranged WS, but not with 100% AGI mod. I've tested hachiryu legs vs ambusher's for instance (same str and agi) and ambusher's wins by quite a lot. Which also means you should be using ambusher's over scout's legs +2.

Scout's hands +2 also beat seiryu's kote. And single-wield something if you're /war, like a dagger or axe so you get fencer (more tp bonus for last stand + crit rate +5%).

Moepapa ring will probably beat another agi ring slightly... but the difference will be so small I'm not sure it's worth getting if you don't have it already.

Definitely agree you should be /war, and you can lose a lot of store tp from your tp set with scout's beret +2. Legion will probably change gear sets a bit, since you won't have regain/save tp, but for now, it only takes me one shot to get 100% as long as there's a cor in the pt (and appropriate atmacites).
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-01 18:31:36  

trying! 37 more assaults to go and 15,000 more ichor! i've a 5 hit tp/trueflight set, but I'll have to change it around when using it in VW with last stand + atmacite + cor buffs. 80+81 damage crossbow go! thing fires so f*king fast lol.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2012-02-01 18:33:14  

trying! 37 more assaults to go and 15,000 more ichor! i've a 5 hit tp/trueflight set, but I'll have to change it around when using it in VW with last stand + atmacite + cor buffs. 80+81 damage crossbow go! thing fires so f*king fast lol.
I'm jelly!
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-01 18:35:18  
yeah, even though there's no way it'll match a lvl99 anni full-timing adaman bullets, it's still cool, it is a mythic after all :p I want to get the afterglow, and at least with mythics, it's just many many PW (kind easy now with 1k+ zeni a plate and no time restrictions). I'll be the only blue-glowing ranger in all of vana'diel!

/uniquesnowflake :3
 Leviathan.Prototyp
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-01 18:37:18  
jelly also, tho, tbh on serious fights (not many as of late, but theres a few, I guess) I'd most likely prefer anni, for obvious reasons
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-01 18:42:47  
Yeah probably, but then again, most anni are going to stay 95 for a while, and at least on levi, I don't see many people using adaman bullets :x So 95 anni+ drk. adaman bullets is 176 damage vs. my 161 xbow. outside vw it might keep up/surpass it with am3 up constantly (and if it procs in ws ;o) and the really low delay :x

right?

right ;;?

I'm working on an annihilator slowly anyway :x
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-01 18:46:40  
I don't doubt the mythic will keep up in dmg at all, I was refering to the lovely enmity- anni offers but yeah.

Let's see sum beastly Last Stands k? ;p
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-02-01 18:50:43  
oh, yeah. though didn't helel say that you pretty much use last stand on anything now (that's a zerg) since you'll cap enmity eventually anyway using coronach?

if i can pull some respectable trueflight numbers (lolol) it seems like trueflight also has a low static enmity value :x in abyssea when I used it with atmas doing doing 3k and spamming with kclub, someone would take hate off me instantly with 2 regular melee hits :x but then, who knows.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-01 18:55:19  
Honestly, I refuse to play RNG unless I have a decent supply of adaman bullets. I would hate to gimp myself like that.

Xbow has always been my weapon of choice for EP-EM mobs. I don't mean to say that it's not good on higher defense stuff, but I would say that xbow easily beats gun on lower defense stuff. Having the xbow just increases the utility of your RNG quite a bit.

Edit: Yeah, but even more than that, with fanatics and stuff, I've pretty much given up on coronach and just spam last stand like crazy. It takes down the mobs sooo fast. I love it. When fanatics wears off, then I just use coronach until fanatics is refreshed again.
[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-01 18:56:16  
if it's gonna be a long fight I'd like to prolong the enmity gain with solely coronach, then Last Stand once close to cap, otherwise 300TP AM>Last Stand spam. Other RNGs gona play differently tho and I can respect that
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-01 19:01:32  
Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
if it's gonna be a long fight I'd like to prolong the enmity gain with solely coronach, then Last Stand once close to cap, otherwise 300TP AM>Last Stand spam. Other RNGs gona play differently tho and I can respect that

I honestly can't think of a fight that's going to last longer than 5m. Originally, I used to use coronach vs pil, ig-alima, ocythoe, etc. but then I stopped, and just started popping fanatics and using last stand. The fights went so much faster, and since everyone's enmity is capped anyway, the mob isn't going to destroy you before you can run away if needed.

Like I just posted above, I use coronach while I'm waiting for fanatics to be refreshed.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Laitha
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Laitha
By Carbuncle.Laitha 2012-02-15 17:48:40  
As far as hand slot goes for TP I use BFG augmented with +2 snapshot and +5 Marksmanship skill. I don't need the store TP on hands for my 4 hit build. I would think augmented BFG would win over AF3+2 hands.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-02-19 03:00:10  

ty for the input^^
I use Impulse belt for preshot but that's all and as far as Anwig goes when I finish my missions I plan on getting WSdmg+2% AGI+4, WSacc+15 STR+4 (I use Oce. Headpiece +1 currently) don't know if there is a better aug set x.x
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-19 05:47:57  
RNG/SAM 4hit, as for TP phase have been considering Generic's set
[itemset]246986[/itemset]

Barrage, if racc capped I use Terebellum Mantle
[itemset]246990[/itemset]

/SAM Coronach set, 3shots after WS = 100tp
[itemset]246988[/itemset]

Last Stand - AF2 hands maybe better, not sure though as the AGI mod is big.
[itemset]246989[/itemset]

Edit: Huh, not sure why it isn't working.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-19 07:07:20  
Tick public checkbox on properties section?
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-19 07:16:40  
They were all ticked prior
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-19 07:20:45  
Leviathan.Prototyp said: »
RNG/SAM 4hit, as for TP phase have been considering Generic's set

Barrage, if racc capped I use Terebellum Mantle

/SAM Coronach set, 3shots after WS = 100tp

Last Stand - AF2 hands maybe better, not sure though as the AGI mod is big.

Edit: Huh, not sure why it isn't working.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-19 07:21:58  
thx ;p
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2012-02-19 07:23:12  
I just quoted you and hit enter. No clue why your post didn't work.
 Sylph.Knala
サーバ: Sylph
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-19 08:51:55  
i take it the augment on the anwig is ws dmg?
[+]
 Leviathan.Prototyp
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-02-19 09:12:16  
Anwig: STR+4 AGI+4 WSdmg+2% WSacc+15
Moonshade: TP bonus+25%.
Desultor Tassets: Barrage+1 Ranged Attack+7
 Asura.Dtroyy
サーバ: Asura