フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
Annihilator RNG TP sets what and why
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15
 Sylph.Knala
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: nala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-27 21:44:32  
is generic's sets meant to be 4 hit without /sam?
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-02-28 09:58:00  
Sylph.Knala said: »
is generic's sets meant to be 4 hit without /sam?
Depends if his brokeass can afford bullets that day.
[+]
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-28 14:05:26  
im only asking cause i cant make the numbers add up, with 240 delay bullets i have anni at base 16.6 gain and when i calculate out ws tp return 20.4 (23 stp for ws) for coronach, 20.5 (18 stp for ws) for last stand if both hits land meaning you need 61 stp for coronach and 60 stp for tp phases to balance out to 4 hit, i only count 47 stp on his tp set.

i'm sure im making a huge mistake somewhere 's why i posted all the above can some one point out where im messing up?
 Quetzalcoatl.Seveth
user: Seveth
By Quetzalcoatl.Seveth 2012-02-28 14:17:48  
On his sets
26.8 TP/Hit with SAM sub.

Coronach gives 22.9 TP/WS

So he has an overkill 4hit with SAM sub and a 3 Hit if recycle procs from what I can remember him telling me.

As for WAR sub:
24.4 TP/Hit
Coronach gives 20.4TP/WS

It'd be a 4Hit if recycle procs on 2 of the TP shots. (assuming +5TP per Hit with recycle.)
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-28 15:09:54  
ah so its the augment on the relic head peice thats what im missing, speaking of is recycle gear a precast or mid cast peice?
 Siren.Seiri
サーバ: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-28 15:34:14  
Dunno if it's been answered but snapshot functions similar to fast cast in the pre-cast function, so pre-shot sets and shot-landing sets are usable. Af3+2 head, af3+2 body, impulse belt and BFG/alrunas look to be the pre-shot pieces.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-28 17:53:16  
so you'd precast with caban for snapshot, and mid cast with stp perhaps? that is loki's for tp'n wonder if it'd still inherit the attack bonus if you midcast swapped body? anyways thanks for pointing that out i was thinking i needed to redo my acp body for snapshot >.< well i might still for cor but anyways.
 Siren.Seiri
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2012-02-28 18:02:25  
so you'd precast with caban for snapshot, and mid cast with stp perhaps? that is loki's for tp'n wonder if it'd still inherit the attack bonus if you midcast swapped body? anyways thanks for pointing that out i was thinking i needed to redo my acp body for snapshot >.< well i might still for cor but anyways.

Eh i never shoot on cor...not really on anything that matters.

Start shot in +2 head, body, impulse and bfg/alruna, make a macro to /ra <t> <wait 1> ~ /equip ur tp set, works for me.

Loki's attack bonus? The attack/stp/crit off lokis will work if the actual shot lands while wearin it.
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-28 18:50:07  
Few things:

/sam is garbage for annihilator RNG. /war has always out-damaged /sam such that /sam's only utility is the fact that you can survive better with third eye. However, the whole point of an annihilator is to not pull hate, so this utility becomes void. In voidwatch, /sam's utility is even worse due to fanatics.

The attack bonus from caban (from enhance v shot) is only active if the body is equipped when the shot actually fires.

Recycle procs when the shot actually fires, so recycle pieces need to be set as midcast gear. The only recycle piece potentially worth using (other than scout's beret +2, which you will definitely want to use) is libeccio mantle.

You don't need an exact 4-hit build due to the potential +5 tp you get every time recycle procs. The extra store tp will just go to waste, and much of RNG's damage comes not just from WS, but from TP as well. Your triple damage procs will usually equal out to be about 1/2 of a WS.

Don't use loki's. Makes me cringe every time I see a RNG still using this body. It was good... back when we were capped @80. Scout's caban is too ridiculous of a body to pass up.
 Asura.Vrytreya
サーバ: Asura
user: VZX
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-28 20:24:09  
I thought the augment gives +10STP/merit not +1TP/merit when recycle proc.
 Siren.Buddah
user: Buddah278
By Siren.Buddah 2012-02-28 20:52:18  
No one has Buccaneer's Belt? Scout's is trash.
k, back to VW

Carry on...
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-28 21:21:20  
Asura.Vrytreya said: »
I thought the augment gives +10STP/merit not +1TP/merit when recycle proc.

It gives a straight +1 tp/merit. Can proc on multi-hit WS (jishnu's can return up to +15, and last stand can return up to +10). I don't personally use scout's beret for my WS since the stats are pretty lame, but might be worthwhile depending on your setup.

Additional note: does stack with conserve tp on the WS too. Figured I'd add that since save tp doesn't (stack with conserve tp).

edit: I may be wrong on the augment I guess? BG wiki has it listed as stp +10/merit like you said. Maybe it is, but either way, seems to always work out to +5/proc with 5/5 merits using annihilator. It'll be different for other weapons if that's true.
 Leviathan.Komachii
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ikszkom
By Leviathan.Komachii 2012-02-29 06:38:06  
so, currently best bet is aiming for a 5hit /war ?
4hit just seems too much sacrifice for me,would need to tp in loki, not even sure would be possible with dagger/axe, anyone with relic+2 head can confirm whether 1stp or 10stp/merit is the bonus?
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-29 11:36:06  
Ran the numbers at lunch, if scouts is STP vice a straight TP gain, gen's set still falls short of a true 4 hit, would be fine on VW considering regain atmas, hope he chimes back in, want to know if he's used this build outside vw.

bleh just realized upon review this post came out a bit funky, i shouldnt post from my droid -.-
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-02-29 11:52:46  
Ran the numbers at lunch, if scouts is stop vice a straight to gain, gen's set still falls short of a true 4 hit, would be fine on BE considering regain atmas, hope he chimes back in, want to know if he's used this build outside vw. Posting from my phone but ill break it down when I get home, also please double check me, jic both my earlier post and the next.
My set is not a true 4hit. As Sev said it gives 24.4TP/shot which requires 1 proc of recycle to ttain a 4hit
Also /WAR or gtfo :/
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-29 15:04:26  
i was more or less asking if the scout's is a static TP (1 per merit per proc for +5) boost per hit or a STP (assuming this is the case +2 per merit up to +10 stp on proc) boost per hit like BG says, cause when i ran the numbers with +10 stp still falls short, since you actually have the beret thats why im asking, and also not trying to be stand-offish if it seems that way.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-02-29 15:30:35  
i was more or less asking if the scout's is a static TP (1 per merit per proc for +5) boost per hit or a STP (assuming this is the case +2 per merit up to +10 stp on proc) boost per hit like BG says, cause when i ran the numbers with +10 stp still falls short, since you actually have the beret thats why im asking, and also not trying to be stand-offish if it seems that way.
ah I see, my apoligies. Tested when I went home for lunch and it is a static 5TP per recycle proc. Went RNG/BLM with just Scout's +2 on. With Gandiva 14TP on non proc, 19TP on proc. With Anni 16TP on non proc, 21TP on proc.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-02-29 15:33:33  
thanks then the set makes sense, i was confused since bg wiki tries to be fairly accurate, says stp, where as the thread they cited for testing doesn't actually show any testing and confers with what you had said. anyways now that the confusion is cleared i know exactly what i should be working for, and thanks for your patience >.< im fairly new to ranger as a main job only leveled it for fun in the past.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-02-29 18:38:50  
Oh so I was right then? Weird because I was the first one to test it on BG, and then somebody must have changed it since then...
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-02-29 20:30:39  
Well, give some whack to Slycer. I think Byrth already put your information correctly, then he changed it from TP to Store TP.
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-01 02:22:28  
question, i had semi forgotten to check the stats on this set after i had tried a few runs at and read the general consensus of neo nyzul but was wondering if you could hypothetically obtain the relevant pieces (head pants and feet) how would that change your setups?

the feet seems to be a great coronach peice, legs, head and legs for last stand... heh sorry bored and slightly suffering from insomnia... with the ability to overshoot floor 100 these pieces are probably currently unrealistic goals =.=
 Asura.Vrytreya
By Asura.Vrytreya 2012-03-01 03:49:08  
Head, legs, and feet.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-03-02 19:14:03  
So anyone have a Anni Spellcast set up? Interested in how it would look.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-03-02 19:33:39  
I use a sort of collaboration between macros and spellcast. My ranged attack macro is set up to equip all my preshot gear before the /shoot.

like...

input /equip hands "Blood finger gauntlets"
input /equip etc.
input /shoot <t>

then my spellcast has my midshot gear and switches it with the command:

<if commandprefix="/range">
<action type="equip" when="midcast" set="TP"/>
<action type="midcastdelay" delay="1.0"/>
</if>

then I have another macro to equip my idle gear (mostly PDT, MDT, regen, and movement speed). I prefer to have macros for these instead of spellcast commands/rules due to the arbitrary nature of rapid shot procs.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-03-02 19:44:32  
Awesome. This type of set up is exactly what I was looking for. Was wondering how it would look just because of Rapid Shot. Thanks man!
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-03-03 11:28:50  
Updated a few sets

Barrage:

Coro:

Last Stand: (Mirador trousers till I can get the Kecks :/)

Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-03 13:01:20  
nvm, -dex counter productive towards criting >.< also you have the hat? if so grats man!~
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-03-03 13:17:26  
nvm, -dex counter productive towards criting >.< also you have the hat? if so grats man!~
can check my profile :3
 Sylph.Knala
By Sylph.Knala 2012-03-08 17:18:09  
wonder how potent the set bonus will be for wearing 2 thaumas peices, how much str and agi extra from set bonus would it take to make them better choices for coro and LS?

yeesh 22mil not including forgotens or scrap/tatters to make up the pieces i still lack T.T i better get a cracking.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-03-27 14:44:43  
Updating sets from update, anything anyone thinks should be differnet ?

Preshot:

Barrage:

Coro:

Last Stand:
First Page 2 3 4 ... 13 14 15