edit: well that failed, new page.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-18 20:15:10  
Gimp said: »
Bismarck.Helel said: »
Except in the case someone still denies the damage boost from caban, in which case Helel will hardcore rage.

I think Generic coined this better and it should be your catchphrase

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
as much as Helel will take it to the grave with him I won't believe it

Not dissing anyone btw I just laughed hard when I read this a few times

[+]
By Gimp 2013-04-18 20:27:50  
Are you serious? It doesn't say Gun Ranger
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-18 20:33:06  
Are you serious? It doesn't say Gun Ranger
Secret lover of bows. :3

Only public in death!
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-18 21:42:54  
Bismarck.Gaspee said: »
Except in the case someone still denies the damage boost from caban, in which case Helel will hardcore rage.

I think Generic coined this better and it should be your catchphrase

Quetzalcoatl.Generic said: »
as much as Helel will take it to the grave with him I won't believe it

Not dissing anyone btw I just laughed hard when I read this a few times

Awesome.
[+]
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2013-04-20 20:38:50  
Someone write a RNG guide KPLZTHKS!
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-20 21:05:12  
I would, but I don't trust myself not to diss the bows. I could make a marksmanship guide if people are interested in that though.
[+]
 Sylph.Mirvana
サーバ: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-04-20 21:19:22  
Sets don't really change that much between bow/gun. Just make sure your weapon is a 90+ Gandiva or 95+ Yoichinoyumi and use best ammo. WS set forums are out there and haven't changed too much post-SoA.
By Gimp 2013-04-21 14:26:39  
In any case you can just leave sections in the sticky to be added on from consequent posts. The thf guide is an example of that more of a collaboration than one person providing most of the information like the blue guide. I'd really appreciate a sticky myself, it's a bit much to do so much digging and cross analyze posts.
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-21 15:05:00  
I would, but I don't trust myself not to diss the bows. I could make a marksmanship guide if people are interested in that though.

Do it! The bow users will just add their info and you can compile it. Like said above, the sets for bow do not differ that greatly from that of gun - notable exception is Jishnu's Radiance.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-21 15:21:56  
Alright, well my thesis defense is tomorrow, and then I'm pretty much free, so I'll start working on it asap.
[+]
 Siren.Blackroses
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Blackroses 2013-04-21 15:27:13  
Thanks! Good luck with your thesis!
 Bismarck.Gaspee
By Bismarck.Gaspee 2013-04-21 15:34:33  
Alright, well my thesis defense is tomorrow, and then I'm pretty much free, so I'll start working on it asap.
Good luck!
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-04-21 15:42:58  
RNG guide would be great. I myself have wanted one for a while and thought of making one but I'm not very good at the calculating exactly the math behind why you should use this vs. that so decided not to. That and it would be ugly.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-04-21 15:59:32  
Also am I reading this right that Caban is best WF peice? What?
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-21 16:43:08  
Thanks ^^

Tessera should still be the best WF piece as far as I know. I haven't done the math vs the new thurandaut body though.

Err Khepri is 'best,' but I think tessera is the best obtainable option.
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2013-04-21 17:38:25  
Oh yeah, of course. I think in most cases Khepri is best for anything that isn't multi hit, and then it come down to other circumstances.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-23 11:28:30  
I will write up the bow section if you want.
[+]
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-04-23 11:29:39  
Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
I will write up the bow section if you want.

+ 1000 times!
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-23 13:55:32  
I've started working on it. I may ask for item sets regarding bows, but I don't think there's much of a difference. The only thing that really changes is store tp value. For weapon skills, I have no problems calculating the best gear. The only thing that bothered me was that I see no point in using bows for RNG, and I didn't want to infuriate those who do use them. As of right now, I've separated the usages as follows:

Bow: Useful for when you are unable to stand within 10' of the mob. Cheap ammo (relatively speaking). Medium delay. Ammo low delay.
Crossbow: Useful mainly for acid/oxidant bolts assuming no DRG. Also cheap ammo. Lowest delay. Ammo medium delay.
Gun: Highest base damage. Most powerful TP/WS damage. Highest delay. Ammo high delay.

Ammo delay does not affect the delay of a ranged attack (only the weapon). It does however, increase tp generation: the higher the delay, the more TP you receive per shot. So the hierarchy is as follows: bullet > bolt > arrow.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2013-04-23 19:08:53  
I've started working on it. I may ask for item sets regarding bows, but I don't think there's much of a difference. The only thing that really changes is store tp value. For weapon skills, I have no problems calculating the best gear. The only thing that bothered me was that I see no point in using bows for RNG, and I didn't want to infuriate those who do use them. As of right now, I've separated the usages as follows:

Bow: Useful for when you are unable to stand within 10' of the mob. Cheap ammo (relatively speaking). Medium delay. Ammo low delay.
Crossbow: Useful mainly for acid/oxidant bolts assuming no DRG. Also cheap ammo. Lowest delay. Ammo medium delay.
Gun: Highest base damage. Most powerful TP/WS damage. Highest delay. Ammo high delay.

Ammo delay does not affect the delay of a ranged attack (only the weapon). It does however, increase tp generation: the higher the delay, the more TP you receive per shot. So the hierarchy is as follows: bullet > bolt > arrow.
Yeah I understand that, I assume that a majority of people who are looking for bow imput are yoichy sams, who are looking for a way to use their relic on a 2nd job.

Should also be noted the gap between namas arrow to coronach has closed with the ease of obtaining mantid arrows over d.bullets.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-23 19:46:21  
Dam Ingots aren't hard to obtain. They are now craftable. Just need luck with synergy to get several stacks per ingot
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-23 20:33:03  
On Bismarck the supply of damascus ingots has been pretty steady for me, as well as Snprphnx apparently. I actually think bullets are easier to come by, but it could just be our server.

It's 189 base damage vs. 221, so there's still quite a large difference. Namas has better WS mods than coronach; however, it only has 2.75ftp. Coronach has 3.0. Should also be noted that the best AGI/DEX gear for coronach usually has STR on it anyway, i.e. most thaumas stuff, tessera, etc.
 Shiva.Kinzu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-04-23 21:51:28  
I assume that a majority of people who are looking for bow imput are yoichy sams, who are looking for a way to use their relic on a 2nd job.

This! Would help us Yoichi SAM's a ton!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-04-23 21:56:45  
Shiva.Kinzu said: »
I assume that a majority of people who are looking for bow imput are yoichy sams, who are looking for a way to use their relic on a 2nd job.

i somewhat fail to see how a gear guide for yoichi in the RNG section would help SAMs, due to the wide variety in gear between the two jobs.
 Bismarck.Helel
By Bismarck.Helel 2013-04-23 22:03:06  
The guide will certainly have yoichi section, so no worries.
 Shiva.Kinzu
サーバ: Shiva
user: Pra
By Shiva.Kinzu 2013-04-23 22:21:07  
Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Shiva.Kinzu said: »

i somewhat fail to see how a gear guide for yoichi in the RNG section would help SAMs, due to the wide variety in gear between the two jobs.

Not asking for a SAM Yoichi set, I've got that down. Asking for a RNG Yoichi set sir, two different beasts.

Thanks Helel!
 Sylph.Mirvana
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-04-24 19:28:20  
ItemSet 279934

Aside from the bullets and chocolate mask, anything of the new gear that would go in Coro sets?
 Sylph.Washburn
user: Washburn
By Sylph.Washburn 2013-04-24 19:39:38  
Depending on what youre fighting, i would think eother moepapa medal or ire torque +1 over the gorget.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 15