By Ragnarok.Zanary 2011-12-21 06:31:41  
what about wildfire and jishnu's >.> why dont SE lower them too
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-12-21 06:32:19  
Shiva.Narkash said: »
Tanaka: "We reduced restraint.....but this NA WAR is still doing much more damage than my mythic GK....I got it! Let's screw them over with this!"

Hyperbole much? lol... Mythic GK is top tier weapon anyways. Nobody knows how much crit bonus they are losing from Ukkos, or Smite, so let's QQ less during the "speculation" phase, shall we? And the loss of crit dmg from BR isn't even THAT bad. War still gets good crit dmg bonus, and this also affects EVERY job in range of BR anyways, not just the war's epeen. Also, this is for balance, seriously. Ukko's would do absurdly high dmg. You guys QQ that abyssea ruined everything, but Ukko's still did "abyssea style" dmg, outside of abyssea, as does smite in some cases. inb4 "FU man. You don't have a job that was nerfed.." Because I do... Pup.. Remember the days of like 6k magic morters... yeah... Did I cry? No. It was OP lol.
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-12-21 06:32:24  
All in favor of jumping ship to ff14 in protest say aye!

I don't even play war, just not liking the direction the game seems to be going >.>
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 06:32:46  
I'm not really annoyed with my job getting weaker since I have SAM to fall back on. It's just that nerfing doesn't promote job growth.
[+]
 Asura.Ina
サーバ: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2011-12-21 06:33:44  
Ragnarok.Zanary said: »
Because pirates are cool, and samurais were often trained in archery so they decided it could pass.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-12-21 06:34:19  
Asura.Ina said: »

I don't even play war, just not liking the direction the game seems to be going >.>

different game, same people, that's not really protesting at all.

They will still be getting your money.
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
サーバ: Fenrir
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-12-21 06:50:39  
Jesus Christ. Next they'll lower the Attack boost we get from Berserk on WAR main. -_-;
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-21 06:50:54  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Shiva.Narkash said: »
Tanaka: "We reduced restraint.....but this NA WAR is still doing much more damage than my mythic GK....I got it! Let's screw them over with this!"

Hyperbole much? lol... Mythic GK is top tier weapon anyways. Nobody knows how much crit bonus they are losing from Ukkos, or Smite, so let's QQ less during the "speculation" phase, shall we? And the loss of crit dmg from BR isn't even THAT bad. War still gets good crit dmg bonus, and this also affects EVERY job in range of BR anyways, not just the war's epeen. Also, this is for balance, seriously. Ukko's would do absurdly high dmg. You guys QQ that abyssea ruined everything, but Ukko's still did "abyssea style" dmg, outside of abyssea, as does smite in some cases. inb4 "FU man. You don't have a job that was nerfed.." Because I do... Pup.. Remember the days of like 6k magic morters... yeah... Did I cry? No. It was OP lol.

That is a terrible example lol pup automation being able to do that was clearly unbalanced<if not unintentional>, i mean at 75 i could solo about 20k dmg in a master/pet combo lol. ukon can just spike high big woop. Fix other jobs before bringing out a nerf bat is what people want.
 Sylph.Arckain
サーバ: Sylph
user: Arck
By Sylph.Arckain 2011-12-21 06:55:14  
Ragnarok.Zanary said: »
Because pirates are cool, and samurais were often trained in archery so they decided it could pass.

Leave rngs out of this!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-21 06:58:38  
This is a surprise? If anything it may be a very late one.

Ukko's Fury is ridiculously strong. 300% TP is around what? 80% Crit Rate?

How is that fair/reasonable/balanced? It simply isn't and you can't defend it lol.

Blood Rage is the only real nerf I see, it sucks to see a useful party tool just trashed. However, they're still keeping the critical hit rate. That much is decent.

This is more than likely to compensate a lot of the new gear we've seen with augments like: Critical Hit Damage +15%, and Double Attack Damage +15%.

The trade offs sound promising. Double Attack Augment, and Critical Attack Bonus Augment too. Other jobs are obviously getting the shaft, ie: Victory Smite probably two of many to come.
[+]
 Leviathan.Rihoko
By Leviathan.Rihoko 2011-12-21 06:59:18  
Someone please fire this Tanaka guy, or maybe Fireja everyone and Employga those who would bring brand new breathtaking content and new future for the game.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 07:02:49  
Ragnarok.Amador said: »
This is a surprise? If anything it may be a very late one.

Ukko's Fury is ridiculously strong. 300% TP is around what? 80% Crit Rate?

How is that fair/reasonable/balanced? It simply isn't and you can't defend it lol.

Blood Rage is the only real nerf I see, it sucks to see a useful party tool just trashed. However, they're still keeping the critical hit rate. That much is decent.

This is more than likely to compensate a lot of the new gear we've seen with augments like: Critical Hit Damage +15%, and Double Attack Damage +15%.

The trade offs sound promising. Double Attack Augment, and Critical Attack Bonus Augment too. Other jobs are obviously getting the shaft, ie: Victory Smite probably two of many to come.
Nerfing isn't the answer to the balancing issue. That's the problem most people have with this. People will be happy with balance even if it means nothing new for their job. Those jobs will still be the same garbage they were when WAR was king.
[+]
By Johnnyj 2011-12-21 07:11:06  
I 2nd that leave rangers alone!
[+]
 Bismarck.Yuenna
サーバ: Bismarck
user: yuenna
By Bismarck.Yuenna 2011-12-21 07:16:36  

I am starting to believe that is exactly why they are doing this and is what they want you to do? Just quit they loose thier income
[+]
 Ragnarok.Amador
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2011-12-21 07:16:41  
If something is deemed King due to a broken ws which has 80% Critical Hit Rate half the time then by what merit did it earn the right to be king before it?

Raging Rush? lol.

I don't think so.

Ukko's Fury made Warrior a beast due to it's broken ridiculousness, which is why so many people had use out of it. Very simply that. While yes improving jobs is a better route to take, it still wouldn't change the fact that warrior's would have remained with Ukko's Fury 80% Crit Rate, which would of implied what exactly?

Bring WAR to everything? It's a joke.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 07:20:31  
If something is deemed King due to a broken ws which has 80% Critical Hit Rate half the time then by what merit did it earn the right to be king before it?

Raging Rush? lol.

I don't think so.

Ukko's Fury made Warrior a beast due to it's broken ridiculousness, which is why so many people had use out of it. Very simply that. While yes improving jobs is a better route to take, it still wouldn't change the fact that warrior's would have remained with Ukko's Fury 80% Crit Rate, which would of implied what exactly?

Get ready to not get brought to stuff cause you're not a SAM.
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2011-12-21 07:27:27  
Ya'll need to calm down I think.

If you look at the details of the "nerf" more closely, and actually inspect them, rather than just emo-raging, you'll see that these adjustments are only designed to tone down Ukko's Fury damage. Outside of that, WAR will remain just as viable as it is now, most likely.

Why not try out Ruinator, Upheaval, and/or Stardiver, Warriors? Might be fun.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-12-21 07:29:03  
This is a surprise? If
These stats aren't final, and since its clear Tanaka is heading this ship I doubt those numbers are staying as high. I think Tanaka is trying to ruin 11 so ppl move to 14, that or he doesn't care what the playerbase wants and only does what he sees a BARANCED!! EVERYTHING MUST BE BARANCED!!!
[+]
 Shiva.Kolossuss
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Kolossuss 2011-12-21 07:30:21  

The equivalent of punching yourself repetitively in the scrotum in protest against something you don't agree with? I can think of better ways.

For the record, I think the Blood Rage nerf is a load of crap. I don't personally play WAR, but I definitely enjoy the buff I get from my friends who do. As for the Ukko's Fury/Victory Smite nerf, I don't really have an opinion for or again. I just hope it doesn't hurt either job in the long run.

In before terrible petition spam.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-21 07:37:51  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »

If you look at the details of the "nerf" more closely, and actually inspect them, rather than just emo-raging, you'll see that these adjustments are only designed to tone down Ukko's Fury damage. Outside of that, WAR will remain just as viable as it is now, most likely.

Because I put few months and 200M into Ukonvasara?
Give it back and we can talk about other options.
[+]
 Bismarck.Markas
user: Markas83
By Bismarck.Markas 2011-12-21 07:41:16  
*** this, im playing lucent heart. put that in your pipe and smoke it tanaka!
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-21 07:44:18  

Raging Rush? lol.

I don't think so.

I am curious...did you just say pre emp war was trash? i might be misreading it but if that is the case omglol >.>
 Odin.Sawtelle
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-12-21 07:45:03  
I bailed the warboat before it was mainstream to do so. Enjoy doing the new ukko's fury critrate testing whoever gets stuck w/ the job.
 Bahamut.Caelestis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Caelestis
By Bahamut.Caelestis 2011-12-21 07:46:24  
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »

Um no, a big hell no. Unless you own a Ukonvasara, you dont feel the sting we do.
[+]
 Sylph.Arckain
サーバ: Sylph
user: Arck
By Sylph.Arckain 2011-12-21 07:53:43  
And what about all the relic users who felt the sting when empy's came out?

How about when SE nerf'd ninja tanking when the level cap was still 75?

Or when they nerf'd ranged attacks?
they did that in what 2005?

quick someone call 911 and get a whaaaambulance over here.
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 07:54:48  
Sylph.Arckain said: »

When Empyreans came out, Relics being weaker was the right order of things. Relics didn't get weaker due to being nerfed. They were no longer best because something better came out.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-21 07:57:01  
For the record, they withheld WAR's level 96-99 traits specifically so they could use them as collateral like this. They existed on the test servers until the day before the update when live and I had already finished testing them.
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2011-12-21 07:59:13  
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Sylph.Arckain said: »

When Empyreans came out, Relics being weaker was the right order of things. Relics didn't get weaker due to being nerfed. They were no longer best because something better came out.

I'm sorry but what the *** are you talking about?

Relics take a few months at least to finish (now at least, used to take years of dedication if you gathered coins by yourself)

A weapon that takes a week at most to finish should not be top tier, EVER.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 16 17 18