Odin.Tsuneo
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2011-12-21 08:06:48  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »
Odin.Tsuneo said: »
Sylph.Arckain said: »
And what about all the relic users who felt the sting when empy's came out?

How about when SE nerf'd ninja tanking when the level cap was still 75?

Or when they nerf'd ranged attacks?
they did that in what 2005?

quick someone call 911 and get a whaaaambulance over here.
When Empyreans came out, Relics being weaker was the right order of things. Relics didn't get weaker due to being nerfed. They were no longer best because something better came out.

I'm sorry but what the *** are you talking about?

Relics take a few months at least to finish (now at least, used to take years of dedication if you gathered coins by yourself)

A weapon that takes a week at most to finish should not be top tier, EVER.
Completion time is irrelevant, and the completion time is a lot more similar to Emps than you're giving credit for. Lets say you take 2 and a half months to finish a relic. That's 140 hours of farming dynamis. That's a little over 5 and a half days of farming Dynamis.

What I meant when I said it was the right order, was that they didn't nerf relics to make a weapon better. Empyreans were better when they came out, and that's how all things should be. Nerfing isn't the right way to balance
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-12-21 08:16:25  
Leviathan.Catnipthief said: »
Sylph.Arckain said: »
And what about all the relic users who felt the sting when empy's came out?

How about when SE nerf'd ninja tanking when the level cap was still 75?

Or when they nerf'd ranged attacks?
they did that in what 2005?

quick someone call 911 and get a whaaaambulance over here.
When Empyreans came out, Relics being weaker was the right order of things. Relics didn't get weaker due to being nerfed. They were no longer best because something better came out.

I'm sorry but what the *** are you talking about?

Relics take a few months at least to finish (now at least, used to take years of dedication if you gathered coins by yourself)

A weapon that takes a week at most to finish should not be top tier, EVER.
Completion time is irrelevant, and the completion time is a lot more similar to Emps than you're giving credit for. Lets say you take 2 and a half months to finish a relic. That's 140 hours of farming dynamis. That's a little over 5 and a half days of farming Dynamis.

What I meant when I said it was the right order, was that they didn't nerf relics to make a weapon better. Empyreans were better when they came out, and that's how all things should be. Nerfing isn't the right way to balance

interjecting in the discussion you two are having here...but arnt the majority of relic ws like..always been weak? GK scythe and bow/gun are only ones that are coming up in my head as "good" even then mostly due to utility (hp drain on scythe, hateless on gun, etc). the weapons themselves are more powerful and remain as such given the last bonus to the weapon. It is important to take that into account(at least in this topic)
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-21 08:19:25  
I would say that collecting 1500 Heavy Metal Plates costs as much or more than a relic. Analogies with relics are pretty irrelevant though.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2011-12-21 08:19:40  
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Ya'll need to calm down I think.

If you look at the details of the "nerf" more closely, and actually inspect them, rather than just emo-raging, you'll see that these adjustments are only designed to tone down Ukko's Fury damage. Outside of that, WAR will remain just as viable as it is now, most likely.

Why not try out Ruinator, Upheaval, and/or Stardiver, Warriors? Might be fun.

Because I put few months and 200M into Ukonvasara?
Give it back and we can talk about other options.

you spent 200mil on axe and it still took you a few months? >_>
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 08:22:02  
Quote:

While I do agree with your "balance through nerfing is not the way" mindset, I do have to disagree with you on this.

140 hours at 2 hours a day is A LOT harder to commit to than burning through 50/50/75 Abyssea drops in a 3-5 day binge.

I personally can't commit to two hours every day of my life to do Dynamis. I -can- spend 8-12 hours a day on the weekend binging on Abyssea.

If you can do Dynamis non-stop, THEN they would be equal.

As it stands, they are not.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-21 08:22:40  
Carbuncle.Lynxblade said: »
Bahamut.Atoreis said: »
Bismarck.Elanabelle said: »
Ya'll need to calm down I think.

If you look at the details of the "nerf" more closely, and actually inspect them, rather than just emo-raging, you'll see that these adjustments are only designed to tone down Ukko's Fury damage. Outside of that, WAR will remain just as viable as it is now, most likely.

Because I put few months and 200M into Ukonvasara?
Give it back and we can talk about other options.

you spent 200mil on axe and it still took you a few months? >_>

Idk how it is on your server but on Bahamut plates cost around 140k and for lower price you need to spam VW as much as possible to get singles and buy from ppl on camp and shouts for hours in Jeuno.
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-12-21 08:22:57  
"My Ukon is soooo good!"
"Wheres your Ukon nub?"
"Ukkos all the things!"

This is what you get now. Thank you SE.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-21 08:23:43  
Yeah, he's not talking about the level 90 version of the weapon.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 08:23:50  
Quote:

Your heart is in the right place and you're living up to the spirit of the game. In theory, I'm right there with you and I wish this was feesible.

But pragmatically speaking, warrior rocking out with a polearm or one-hander compared to a much-higher-rated two-hander weapon is not appropriate if you're trying to "be all that you can be," so to speak.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-21 08:24:26  
Bismarck.Ramyrez said: »
Quote:

While I do agree with your "balance through nerfing is not the way" mindset, I do have to disagree with you on this.

140 hours at 2 hours a day is A LOT harder to commit to than burning through 50/50/75 Abyssea drops in a 3-5 day binge.

I personally can't commit to two hours every day of my life to do Dynamis. I -can- spend 8-12 hours a day on the weekend binging on Abyssea.

If you can do Dynamis non-stop, THEN they would be equal.

As it stands, they are not.

Except you ignoring lvl 95 stage of Empyrean like its never existed and some ppl like me are already collecting Riftdross...
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2011-12-21 08:26:18  
I don't want to pressure you, but I think you should probably give me lots of Riftdross. It's showing up in Bazaars for 2mil each in Lakshmi...

PS. pressurepressure riftdross
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2011-12-21 08:32:29  
'bout time they bring that.
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-21 08:33:01  
2M is kinda funny price assuming 500 needed.
I only got 3 so far and I have seacom to buy it for 400k. I was planning to rise a price if they will lower amount needed tho.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 08:33:09  
Quote:
Except you ignoring lvl 95 stage of Empyrean like its never existed and some ppl like me are already collecting Riftdross...

Level 99 relics don't get any sort of free pass here.
 Odin.Sawtelle
サーバ: Odin
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2011-12-21 08:34:05  
Plus, no ones looking at the silver lining here. Its going to be so much easier to walk around without you warriors making craters all over the place with ukkos. Also: upheaval looks awsome.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-21 08:35:30  
Quote:

Level 99 relics don't get any sort of free pass here.

Lets not talk about stuff that is not even known yet.
I think we can all agree that 1000 items from Arch DL would be Ultimate fail even for Tanaka. Personally I think they will start thinking and change it to 100x kill or something like that.
 Leviathan.Alas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-12-21 08:36:20  
First I'll say that I am not pleased by this announcement. I am a War and yes I have a Ukon.
That having been said, I guess I should have seen this coming. In Abyssea (I know, I know - irrelevant content) I could hit 100% crit rate and Crit Damage on Ukko's with BR up at 100% tp (nevermind the 300% tp crit rate numbers). I'm sure that's not working as intended. I'm less frustrated by the effort put in to make my Ukon than the gil and time I spent getting augments and support gear to make this 100/100 possible. Couple this with the recent Restraint nerf and I'm getting the feeling that Tanaka would prefer War not be in the game at all. It's amounting to a war on Warriors.
Even so, I can see how other jobs might get offended by Blood Rage and its incredible output. Numerous JA were introduced to act as a mini-2hr. One example is Blm's manawell. In order for Manawell to be for blm what BR is for war, it would have to have a massive amount of MAB applied to its usage. That's not a mini-2hr. That's a new offensive tool. In essence, this is what BR is/was.
Sorry for the long post. Trying to be rational about this since it's likely out of our hands, but yea...I'm pissed.
[+]
 Bahamut.Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2011-12-21 08:43:25  
The worst thing is... we wont even know how bad will be this nerf till the last moment, which pretty much force me to hold on everything because I can be *** in the *** again.
 Bismarck.Ramyrez
By Bismarck.Ramyrez 2011-12-21 08:47:53  
Quote:
Personally I think they will start thinking and change it to 100x kill or something like that.

That'd be a bit more ok with me. Personally I think the 1500 plates is assinine too. I'm helping someone collect them for her shield, but we're not buying because even 100k/pop is WAY too much for them and if they adjust the trial before we have enough plates collected for one, then we're that much further ahead.

Frankly, endgame weapons in general have become totally f---ed because of all the adjustments.

It's nice that they're more readily available to people in general, but the end stages require you to pretty much live in the game to either 1) make money or 2) collect all the drops yourself.

I am not ok with this.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2011-12-21 08:57:17  
Carbuncle.Ronson said: »
Mnk > Pup > Brd > lolWar
sure
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 08:57:52  
Quote:
Personally I think they will start thinking and change it to 100x kill or something like that.

That'd be a bit more ok with me. Personally I think the 1500 plates is assinine too. I'm helping someone collect them for her shield, but we're not buying because even 100k/pop is WAY too much for them and if they adjust the trial before we have enough plates collected for one, then we're that much further ahead.

Frankly, endgame weapons in general have become totally f---ed because of all the adjustments.

It's nice that they're more readily available to people in general, but the end stages require you to pretty much live in the game to either 1) make money or 2) collect all the drops yourself.

I am not ok with this.

Where have you been in these past 10 years of ffxi? That's the norm lol.

Also drk has been getting the short end of the stick for years. Pup was shafted and now finally they are getting improved. War has and always was a beasty *** job, so them doing this isn't gonna change 95% of the wars out there. The only ones who are gonna notice it are the top endgame wars out there. Lots of jobs have been boned over the years and will continue to be. War getting a nerf now isn't a big deal. QQ
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 08:59:40  
Leviathan.Alas said: »
First I'll say that I am not pleased by this announcement. I am a War and yes I have a Ukon.
That having been said, I guess I should have seen this coming. In Abyssea (I know, I know - irrelevant content) I could hit 100% crit rate and Crit Damage on Ukko's with BR up at 100% tp (nevermind the 300% tp crit rate numbers). I'm sure that's not working as intended. I'm less frustrated by the effort put in to make my Ukon than the gil and time I spent getting augments and support gear to make this 100/100 possible. Couple this with the recent Restraint nerf and I'm getting the feeling that Tanaka would prefer War not be in the game at all. It's amounting to a war on Warriors.
Even so, I can see how other jobs might get offended by Blood Rage and its incredible output. Numerous JA were introduced to act as a mini-2hr. One example is Blm's manawell. In order for Manawell to be for blm what BR is for war, it would have to have a massive amount of MAB applied to its usage. That's not a mini-2hr. That's a new offensive tool. In essence, this is what BR is/was.
Sorry for the long post. Trying to be rational about this since it's likely out of our hands, but yea...I'm pissed.

Come talk to me about Tanaka not wanting a job in the game when your main was Rdm.
[+]
 Leviathan.Alas
サーバ: Leviathan
user: alas
By Leviathan.Alas 2011-12-21 09:01:11  
Rdm is my only 95 I haven't brought to 99 yet because I see no reason for it =/
 Asura.Isiolia
サーバ: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2011-12-21 09:11:31  
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »
Come talk to me about Tanaka not wanting a job in the game when your main was Rdm.

I am/was a main RDM. There's been so little reason to use it now that I've barely touched it.

But, this is how it starts. SE is showing every indication that they intend to nerf and/or leave WAR out in the cold until it's pushed into obscurity. It's pathetic. Like mentioned, the only reason they have job traits to "compensate" with is because they witheld them from this past update while other jobs got something.

Instead of spending development time screwing with a job that's perfectly fine as it is, they should be finding ways to improve jobs that need to be stronger. Buffs, not nerfs.
[+]
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2011-12-21 09:14:38  
Asura.Isiolia said: »
Pandemonium.Anookulchandra said: »

I am/was a main RDM. There's been so little reason to use it now that I've barely touched it.

But, this is how it starts. SE is showing every indication that they intend to nerf and/or leave WAR out in the cold until it's pushed into obscurity. It's pathetic. Like mentioned, the only reason they have job traits to "compensate" with is because they witheld them from this past update while other jobs got something.

Instead of spending development time screwing with a job that's perfectly fine as it is, they should be finding ways to improve jobs that need to be stronger. Buffs, not nerfs.

I'm sorry I've seen good wars just obliterate nms like it's nothing. I have to agree it's overpowered. Seen war solo Turul like it was a East Ron bunny. Bandwagon is bandwagon, and people thought the champagne and caviar dreams would last forever.
 Bahamut.Danthebk
user: danthebk
By Bahamut.Danthebk 2011-12-21 09:18:10  
I would also like to point out, that Ukko's is only a standout weaponskill because of the extra crit rate. Assuming the same crit rate and typical (ukkos) ws gear outside of Abyssea:

rr = 204 * 3.4 * 2.5 = 1734 * 1.22 = 2115
ukkos = 241 * 3.4 * 2.5 = 2048 * 1.22 = 2499
oldUkkos = 241 * 3.4 * 2.9 = 2376 * 1.22 = 2899

I am, of course for simplicity, assuming the same 10% crit rate of RR and 100% TP, as well as a pretty weak 105 mob. This is just a quick estimate as well, a more in-depth analysis would distort this.

So roughly a 14% nerf to Ukko's if it's reduced to the same crit rate as RR? I hate this game.
[+]
 Phoenix.Lucasta
サーバ: Phoenix
user: lucasta
By Phoenix.Lucasta 2011-12-21 09:18:11  
*the sound of the big wooden badger from monty python's holy grail rolling up*....

hear that? thats the sound of the SAM bandwagon coming to town.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 ... 16 17 18