Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Progeny
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user:
By Cerberus.Progeny 2009-05-02 18:54:29
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Mabrook said:
A recession doesn't effect game companies.

lolol, are you serious?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-02 18:55:11  
Mabrook said:
What most people fail to understand is the seriousness of what could be duped. Duping was not only possible in salvage but it was also possible in all WoTG areas(BCNM, NMs, etc), some ToAU areas(NMs, Salvage, etc), and many other places also.

Let us say Landworm, Dark Ixion, some ToAU NMs, WoTG NMs, and BCNM in the past with Witch Sash, etc, etc were duped.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW MUCH MONEY THAT IS!?!!!!???

I rest my case.

None, unless you're a gilbuyer/RMT. It is, however, an impressive amount of gil.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-05-02 18:56:25  
Thunderz said:
that's beside the point he was stating that if you use the service of a tele-bot and you don't report him would get you ban since you didn't report his BoT/ness

We are not debating who can invite who faster >.>

He was not debating, he was trolling.

However, since you raised the point: I consider it pretty irrelevant. Taking a teleport from something you can not prove* is not the same as duplicating drops. Anybody who seriously thinks they can be compared has zero perspective. The crimes, for lack of a better word, are poles apart; there is simply no comparison.

In real life, the laws reflect this. You will not get the same prison sentence for stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving family as you would murdering them. That is why we have jury systems and judges and the right to fair trials. The laws in real life, and their punishment, are not black and white.

In an MMORPG, they are. The law is black and white; cheat and you will get banned. These people cheated, they got banned. It doesn't matter if they got anything from it, doesn't matter if they knew they were doing it; the bottom line is, they did it, and to Square Enix, they are guilty. In the game there are ranges of crimes as well; you could get banned for duplicating drops, tele-botting, fishing, etc etc. Some are obviously worse than others in terms of severity. But the simple fact is, you cheat, you get banned.

Ironically though, duplicating drops is a pretty severe cheat. Ironic because the people who were banned feel they did nothing wrong, or got cheated because Square Enix let them do it.

Anyway, people were banned because Square Enix deemed them guilty. Square Enix don't need any proof. If they want to ban you, they'll ban you. They don't ban for nothing, that is just a financial fact. No company would do that, and despite what the majority of people who play this game feel, Square Enix are not stupid. They'll ban if they think it's necessary. I bet their judgement is better than 99.99% of posters on this forum; mine included.

Don't agree? Great. Deactivate your account, I'm sure they will care that one more person has stopped playing because they banned cheaters.

It's their game, you play by their rules. They have the right to terminate your account at any time. If you don't like it, don't play!
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 18:57:02  
Bartimaeus said:
Mabrook said:
What most people fail to understand is the seriousness of what could be duped. Duping was not only possible in salvage but it was also possible in all WoTG areas(BCNM, NMs, etc), some ToAU areas(NMs, Salvage, etc), and many other places also.

Let us say Landworm, Dark Ixion, some ToAU NMs, WoTG NMs, and BCNM in the past with Witch Sash, etc, etc were duped.

I rest my case.

User submitted image

OBJECTION!

Actually, I have no objections if you're right. That is a lot of stuff. I just like posting pictures. :D

Yes hes right as far as i know though I've only heard of various BC events like sandworm or the campaign ops. But yeah theres actually an amusing forum article on another site where one guy was like ***we just dupe 3 ancient torques moneys and SE is too stupid to catch us lol. I think SE caught him :)
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-02 18:57:30  
Dasva said:
Dirtyfinger said:
Someone really made a thread about this?? The people that were banned knew what they were doing was wrong and knew the punishments involved.. End Of Story.

And besides if SE did reverse this then a whole lot more people would do it again +some as it would seem SE has gone soft.

Not sure if anyones argueing if the people who knew what was going on should be back so much as all the people who didnt.

your suggestion is to ask all who got banned "did you know that what you were doing was wrong?" "Oh really? you didnt? ok then, well un-ban you right away!"

Yep, that sounds reasonable.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-05-02 18:57:51  
Dasva said:
I merely saying innocent people got caught in the cross fire and some of the worst offenders got off with a slap on the wrist

When you "merely say", you do not pick fights with people over nothing. :p
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:01:45  
Wooooodum said:
Dasva said:
I merely saying innocent people got caught in the cross fire and some of the worst offenders got off with a slap on the wrist

When you "merely say", you do not pick fights with people over nothing. :p

Um ok sure. I'm the one preach understanding and acceptance and your the one bashing me. I love all you holier then thous. You right any disagreement is wrong. If you get caught on something it must be ok cause you did it.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-05-02 19:03:29  
Dasva said:
Um ok sure. I'm the one preach understanding and acceptance and your the one bashing me. I love all you holier then thous. You right any disagreement is wrong. If you get caught on something it must be ok cause you did it.

You know I'm right. :p

Perhaps if your first response to my opinion wasn't "Is that the best you've got?", I might think otherwise!
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:08:51  
Wooooodum said:
Dasva said:

Perhaps if your first response to my opinion wasn't "Is that the best you've got?", I might think otherwise!

Actually that was my 4th responses to you I could make comments about your responses but just blantantly proved my point for me so why bother
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2009-05-02 19:13:18  
Dasva said:
Wooooodum said:
Dasva said:

Actually that was my 4th responses to you I could make comments about your responses but just blantantly proved my point for me so why bother

Fail troll is fail.
[+]
 Garuda.Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-05-02 19:15:18  
Nightfyre said:
Fail troll is fail.

Yeah, seriously.

If you are so interested in discussing this and not trolling, why did you ignore a perfectly good counter post to your argument:

Wooooodum said:
Thunderz said:
that's beside the point he was stating that if you use the service of a tele-bot and you don't report him would get you ban since you didn't report his BoT/ness

However, since you raised the point: I consider it pretty irrelevant. Taking a teleport from something you can not prove* is not the same as duplicating drops. Anybody who seriously thinks they can be compared has zero perspective. The crimes, for lack of a better word, are poles apart; there is simply no comparison.

In real life, the laws reflect this. You will not get the same prison sentence for stealing a loaf of bread to feed your starving family as you would murdering them. That is why we have jury systems and judges and the right to fair trials. The laws in real life, and their punishment, are not black and white.

In an MMORPG, they are. The law is black and white; cheat and you will get banned. These people cheated, they got banned. It doesn't matter if they got anything from it, doesn't matter if they knew they were doing it; the bottom line is, they did it, and to Square Enix, they are guilty. In the game there are ranges of crimes as well; you could get banned for duplicating drops, tele-botting, fishing, etc etc. Some are obviously worse than others in terms of severity. But the simple fact is, you cheat, you get banned.

Ironically though, duplicating drops is a pretty severe cheat. Ironic because the people who were banned feel they did nothing wrong, or got cheated because Square Enix let them do it.

Anyway, people were banned because Square Enix deemed them guilty. Square Enix don't need any proof. If they want to ban you, they'll ban you. They don't ban for nothing, that is just a financial fact. No company would do that, and despite what the majority of people who play this game feel, Square Enix are not stupid. They'll ban if they think it's necessary. I bet their judgement is better than 99.99% of posters on this forum; mine included.

Don't agree? Great. Deactivate your account, I'm sure they will care that one more person has stopped playing because they banned cheaters.

It's their game, you play by their rules. They have the right to terminate your account at any time. If you don't like it, don't play!

Respond to that, and I'll believe you're not just here to troll.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:19:02  
Nightfyre said:
Dasva said:
Wooooodum said:
Dasva said:

Fail troll is fail.

I see we've degrading to name just name calling. Fine your a poopoo head
[+]
 Sylph.Feyen
サーバ: Sylph
user: Hiachi
By Sylph.Feyen 2009-05-02 19:25:54  
Thunderz said:
Guess again. You guys really don't understand why SE is releasing new stuff for FFXI and fixing bugs now, huh?
The economy is bad atm so keeping this MMO alive is bringing them some sort of stable income...so saying that SE doesn't give a shi- about something bringing in cash at a time like now? BS if SE see tons of people suddenly drop or complain like hell they will do something about it... you guys are funny sometimes...

a company saying no to money is a HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE company. Good day

Although the people on the Development side of the crew want their paycheck's, its more of the corporate part of SE that would worry about the revenue, yet its the dev-side that actually handles the in-game stuff such as bannings.

Just like RMT banning. Its good for the game balance (developers), bad for finances.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:28:08  
Wooooodum said:
Nightfyre said:
Fail troll is fail.

Yeah, seriously.

If you are so interested in discussing this and not trolling, why did you ignore a perfectly good counter post to your argument:

Wooooodum said:
Thunderz said:

Respond to that, and I'll believe you're not just here to troll.

So sorry I kinda glazed over first time i saw. Well clearly most of it isnt meant to be responded to so I'll stick with the pertinent parts. How do you suppose someone Proves that the actions that are being taken while they are there are in fact cheating if they are not in the know? Also I believe there have been numerous suggestions in several forums on ways to determine if that is a telebot while screwing them over at the same time in fun and useful ways. Also I wasnt argueing that if you get nothing your not guilty someone else not sure who brought up the whole if they got drops they must be guilty thing. For the sake of redundancy I think all the people who were actually doing it got what they deserve IF they got banned. But I also think there were others who were clearly doing it that also should've banned too and guess what yes I think that the people who were "just there" or in some cases not even there but on standby shouldn't be banned.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-02 19:29:48  
You need a union to go on strike ;P
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
サーバ: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-02 19:31:04
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Arteus said:
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^

You are, perhaps, the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE troll on FFXIAH to date. May a thousand HIV positive belly dancers do a ragtime in your mother's uterus.

Nobody's going to boycott SE because they banned a bunch of Salvage dupers. The reason the people who aren't banned are still playing is because they chose not to dupe and wanted to continue to enjoy the game by not getting banned. Use your god damn head.
 Asura.Malekith
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2009-05-02 19:32:46  
Hey gaea, what does that note say in your current avatar? I just can't make it out...
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-05-02 19:33:32  
Gaea said:

You are, perhaps, the most HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE troll on FFXIAH to date. May a thousand HIV positive belly dancers do a ragtime in your mother's uterus.

I've heard a lot of insults on the internets and outside of it, and this is by far one of the best. I must file this to memory.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:36:44  
Ludoggy said:
You need a union to go on strike ;P

Hmmm this is a pretty valid point...
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:37:50  
Gaea said:

Lol colorful as always gaea
 Titan.Xanakali
サーバ: Titan
user: Xanakali
By Titan.Xanakali 2009-05-02 19:39:21  
People were cheating and got banned. Lock thread plz kk thx.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-02 19:43:43  
Dasva said:
But I also think there were others who were clearly doing it that also should've banned too and guess what yes I think that the people who were "just there" or in some cases not even there but on standby shouldn't be banned.

No system is perfect tho, same would happen in RL anyway... 2 person can get charged with murder, one will get death penalty, while other one may get jailed 10~15 years, even if circumstances were exactly the same. When justice ain't even perfect in real life (and I'm not talking about complex cases), you can't blame SE for not banning correctly everyone and sometime banning people who shouldn't have been banned. Collateral damage that's it.

Everyone agree on "people who were just there and had no idea of what was goin on shouldn't be banned".

But being there, knowing what people were doing and not reporting them = you deserve your ban. Being an accomplice is as bad as doing the act itself.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:48:24  
Antipika said:
Dasva said:
But I also think there were others who were clearly doing it that also should've banned too and guess what yes I think that the people who were "just there" or in some cases not even there but on standby shouldn't be banned.

No system is perfect tho, same would happen in RL anyway... 2 person can get charged with murder, one will get death penalty, while other one may get jailed 10~15 years, even if circumstances were exactly the same. When justice ain't even perfect in real life (and I'm not talking about complex cases), you can't blame SE for not banning correctly everyone and sometime banning people who shouldn't have been banned. Collateral damage that's it.

Everyone agree on "people who were just there and had no idea of what was goin on shouldn't be banned".

But being there, knowing what people were doing and not reporting them = you deserve your ban. Being an accomplice is as bad as doing the act itself.

Well then I guess we are more or less in agreement. Though I do say we can still blame SE and not in the sarcastic can do anything kind of way. It's human nature to hope and demand the best from whatever justice system there is.
[+]
 Garuda.Fullen
user: fullen
By Garuda.Fullen 2009-05-02 19:49:06  
Mabrook said:

Let us say Salvage, Landworm, Dark Ixion, some ToAU NMs, WoTG NMs, and BCNM in the past with Witch Sash, etc, etc were duped.

I rest my case.

I heard it worked for Odin too, 3 E.bodies at a time etc. /breakgame
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-02 19:52:15  
Dasva said:
Well then I guess we are more or less in agreement. Though I do say we can still blame SE and not in the sarcastic can do anything kind of way. It's human nature to hope and demand the best from whatever justice system there is.

Well we do pay SE, like we pay taxes, so off course we want the best justice system we can have, and we want bans to be as accurate as possible. But that's not something we can change by posting stupid idea like OP's did here...
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:52:41  
Fullen said:

I heard it worked for Odin too, 3 E.bodies at a time etc. /breakgame

Holy ***that true? I can only imagine what the valhalla gear would sell for
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-02 19:55:27  
Antipika said:
Dasva said:

Well we do pay SE, like we pay taxes, so off course we want the best justice system we can have, and we want bans to be as accurate as possible. But that's not something we can change by posting stupid idea like OP's did here...

I think he wanted a petetion or something not like thatll do much better. SE has shown they will only respond to some sort of large public outcry (ie news or large article in allah) which frankly there is too many people on both sides for that to happen.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8