user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-03 11:07:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

/nominate thread "Lock?" "Yes" "No"

"Lock?"
1: Yes
2: No

/vote 1

Old news and fail thread are old and fail.

I clicked rate down and Report on the OP. I encourage you all to do the same.

Next topic.
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 11:11:48  
Hey look at that, we have a report button...

What was the question? Nuklearpower distracted me (<3)
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-03 11:25:09  
oh wow, 5 pages of fail so far! keep it up.
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 11:26:25  
/fails
 Garuda.Antipika
サーバ: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-03 11:34:58  
Ludoggy said:

Stop acting like you hate this :p Powerleveling your post_count :]]]
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-03 11:37:19  
Antipika said:
Ludoggy said:

I really do hate this. This is really just a dumb idea and a dumb thread.

and I dont need to try to up my post count. That comes naturally.
[+]
 Garuda.Brei
user: Brei
By Garuda.Brei 2009-05-03 11:39:28  
Just make it fair - ban all people who break ToS! Oh wait, they can't. They would probably lose more than 75% of there player base. I just wish SE would explain the logic they used to decide who got nothing, who got temp and who got perma.
[+]
 Garuda.Antipika
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-03 11:44:46  
Ludoggy said:

I really do hate this. This is really just a dumb idea and a dumb thread.

Well you can't say you hate something while posting and bumping this thread, sure OP idea is stupid, but some others users posts are valid :p
 Ragnarok.Rusko
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2009-05-03 11:49:28  
Arteus said:
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^

Hell no!
[+]
 Odin.Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2009-05-03 11:50:42  
Brei said:
Just make it fair - ban all people who break ToS! Oh wait, they can't. They would probably lose more than 75% of there player base. I just wish SE would explain the logic they used to decide who got nothing, who got temp and who got perma.

I'm sure we'll never know about the randomness of it. Although I think the only unfair part is that anyone got off at all... well... maybe the guilty by association people should have got temp bans... maybe... Supposedly there're a lot of people that honestly didn't know what was going on due to them paying for drops and not attending the run in full etc. etc. but meh to them I say. I kinda don't agree with paying for r/e drops anyway, it's r/e so that you have to actually go through the effort of getting it yourself. That's another issue though.

***, rambling, time for bed.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
サーバ: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-03 12:40:23

Blindphleb said:
I just found a video of the meeting between the GM that let the salvage dupe out of the bag and his SE's CEO.
check it out here

for those of you that can't visit that website:

Yōichi Wada: Sit down [GM] Bob
Yōichi Wada: I'm not happy, Bob. Not happy. Ask me why.
[GM] Bob: Okay. Why?
Yōichi Wada: Why what? Be specific, Bob.
[GM] Bob: Why are you unhappy?
Yōichi Wada: Your customers make me unhappy.
[GM] Bob: Why? Have you gotten complaints?
Yōichi Wada: Complaints I can handle. What I can't handle is your customers' inexplicable knowledge of Salvage's inner workings. They're experts! Experts, Bob! Exploiting every loophole! Dodging every obstacle! They're penetrating the bureaucracy!
[GM] Bob: Did I do something illegal?
Yōichi Wada: [begrudgingly] No.
[GM] Bob: Are you saying we shouldn't make the game fun?
Yōichi Wada: [pacing back and forth] The law requires that I answer no.
[GM] Bob: We're supposed to help people have fun!
Yōichi Wada: We're supposed to help *our* people! Starting with our stockholders, Bob! Who's helping them out, Huh?

I'm surprised you all have sooooo much fun in a game that slows you down in so many ways just for the sake of slowing you down. I know I have loads of fun farming diorite for hours on end to see nothing in my inventory slot, great piece of game design there, how about those starting missions for the new ACP pretty sweet huh? How about single digit drop rates in BC's hot ***I'm in love with this game. Seriously the only thing these banned people did was find a way to increase abysmal drop rates to levels that they probably should have been anyway. To those that think this type of game design is the most fun they've had since merry-go-'rounds? I hope I see you walking out of the insurance office with a big *** smile on your face like you just spent 3 hours farming diorite. ^^b useless running around is FUN!!!

For me it's the friends and family I've played with that keep me here.

QFT
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-03 13:33:42  
User submitted image

that is all.
[+]
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-03 14:09:03

Antipika said:
Ludoggy said:

I don't get this. Does a higher post count get you a prize? Because if it doesn't our post counts might as well be negative 50k.

Now if post count is a reflection on someone's "newbieness" I don't think it applies here. Achievement ranking speaks for itself.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-03 14:25:14  
User submitted image
 Cerberus.Radaghast
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Radaghast
By Cerberus.Radaghast 2009-05-03 14:50:04  
Blindphleb said:
You got ITG'd because your post was extremely rude to the OP without need. Would you say this to a person face to face?

That might make me an ***. That might make me a jerk. That might make me a lot of things. Sometimes it sucks when someone throws truth at you. heh.. Idk... ITG is an amusing choice to me because it clearly shows that you have no understanding of the term. :)
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-05-03 14:54:29  
Radaghast said:
Blindphleb said:
You got ITG'd because your post was extremely rude to the OP without need. Would you say this to a person face to face?

That might make me an ***. That might make me a jerk. That might make me a lot of things. Sometimes it sucks when someone throws truth at you. heh.. Idk... ITG is an amusing choice to me because it clearly shows that you have no understanding of the term. :)

It also makes you look like a smart guy, but whose checking eh?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-05-03 15:05:16  
Gaea said:
Antipika said:
Ludoggy said:

I don't get this. Does a higher post count get you a prize? Because if it doesn't our post counts might as well be negative 50k.

Now if post count is a reflection on someone's "newbieness" I don't think it applies here. Achievement ranking speaks for itself.

It's true. Post count doesn't mean anything. Malekith has twice the post count of Gaea and neither of them have had anything useful to say.

On topic:

Threads like this will never reverse a decision that SE has made. They may indeed lurk these forums as Anye implied, however, they will rarely, if ever, admit or reverse a mistake.

The bright side is that if a similar thing does happen again we may have SE learning from the mistakes. Perhaps next time more people will be tried for being an accomplice or perhaps more people will get punishment based on severity. You cannot say that everyone involved received the correct punishment for the crime. There are people who duped ZNM and nyzul drops (and thousands of alexandrite for that matter) who got away without even a warning. On the flip side there are people who were not even aware of how the dupe worked or that it was going on until after the fact that got perma-banned.

You can't say that person A jaywalked and person B commit murder and that they both deserve murder.

Also, people who had no knowledge of the situation or opinion of it going down, until AFTER their little fanboy *** read what they are told they should think on BG, should really butt out. Yes we get that you think they should be B&. Yes you've said it 1000 times in each thread with nothing else of substance to your post (ie Jacinda). At least i get a laugh or an opinion when someone like Mabrook says something.

Learn something.
Speak less.
Have something of value when you do open your mouth.
Lurk Moar.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 15:18:55  
Blazza said:
maybe the guilty by association people should have got temp bans... maybe... Supposedly there're a lot of people that honestly didn't know what was going on due to them paying for drops and not attending the run in full etc. etc. but meh to them I say. I kinda don't agree with paying for r/e drops anyway, it's r/e so that you have to actually go through the effort of getting it yourself. That's another issue though.

***, rambling, time for bed.

Disagree with it all you want it is completely allowed by the TOS. But sure there are some slightly vague points so I asked a GM only problem he had was you can't trade ra/ex lol until I explained they there and lotting. As such your personal perferences how the game should be played have nothing to do with wether or not innocent people should be punished. And yes there are some that only got temp that shouldve gotten perma I'm looking at you people with 3 full sets of armor who somehow got off free. I'm not sure how anyone in there right mind deemed these were some of the lesser offenders. Oh on side not you wanna buy some Homam... I swear we don't dupe it double head just drops alot all on its own...
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-05-03 15:39:42  
Jeltz: Apathetic bloody planet. I've no sympathy at all.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 15:43:59  
Houshi your bears creep me the *** out
 Seraph.Looscannon
サーバ: Seraph
By Seraph.Looscannon 2009-05-03 16:07:33  
who cares....
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-03 16:14:44  
While I agree to some extent on the banning's, I still think it was maybe a tad bit too harsh on all 900+ people.

Think about it, how many veterans with the most knowledge around salvage, still have LS's that are based on or around Salvage?
I remember a site about posts from, I THINK was the BlueGartr, that was talkin bout how some of the best Salvage shells who had the most vets who KNEW the ins and outs to every part of Salvage, is nothing more than a Chat LS's now.

The full convo was on LBR awhile back, when the bannings had just finished up.

And really, come to think about it, I've not seen too many vets myself who own full Salvage Gear as of late.

But It could be just because I've no Sea access to see all the neat things I've yet to encounter in game.

So yes, While I agree on some parts, I've also had thoughts about how the people who were also part of the bigger Salvage LS's of each possible server, possibly never want to start a salvage shell to run it properly, even with the biggest amount of knowledge they have on salvage.

I know a few people on our server who've refused to even consider wanting to do salvage much anymore because of all the lost vets within the Salvage Linkshells.

Would've been "nice" if they had said something like:
"Oh, you duped on this item? We'll take that back."

"Oh, you duped all this to obtain your Skadi/Ares/Morrigans? We'll take that back."

"oh, you duped this drop to get ahold of that? We'll take that back"

"DONT DO IT AGAIN."

Everyone walks away happy and just a little less burn.
But more vets who take care of their full Salvage shells.
Whether I get burned or not, really doesnt matter to me.
Im just throwing my own opinion out there. lol

I'd love to have a nice Salvage Shell[since I've yet to even do salvage] based on a Leader who'll lead their shell greatly and efficiently with knowing so much about Salvage, rather than someone with the smallest but "only half" of the vast knowledge the originally leaders had in comparison o.-
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-03 16:20:31  
when you break the rules, you need to be punished.
simple as that.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-05-03 16:23:50  
Elkanah said:
While I agree to some extent on the banning's, I still think it was maybe a tad bit too harsh on all 900+ people.

Think about it, how many veterans with the most knowledge around salvage, still have LS's that are based on or around Salvage?
I remember a site about posts from, I THINK was the BlueGartr, that was talkin bout how some of the best Salvage shells who had the most vets who KNEW the ins and outs to every part of Salvage, is nothing more than a Chat LS's now.

And really, come to think about it, I've not seen too many vets myself who own full Salvage Gear as of late.

But It could be just because I've no Sea access to see all the neat things I've yet to encounter in game.

So yes, While I agree on some parts, I've also had thoughts about how the people who were also part of the bigger Salvage LS's of each possible server, possibly never want to start a salvage shell to run it properly, even with the biggest amount of knowledge they have on salvage.

I know a few people on our server who've refused to even consider wanting to do salvage much anymore because of all the lost vets within the Salvage Linkshells.

"Oh, you duped all this to obtain your Skadi/Ares/Morrigans? We'll take that back."

"DONT DO IT AGAIN."

I'd love to have a nice Salvage Shell[since I've yet to even do salvage] based on a Leader who'll lead their shell greatly and efficiently with knowing so much about Salvage, rather than someone with the smallest but "only half" of the vast knowledge the originally leaders had in comparison o.-

SOME BODY CALL THE WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE.

read my post i made in page 5.....

they all DESERVED THE BAN se HAS NEVER BEEN LIENIENT WITH GLITCH EXPLOITERS... I HAVE BEEN PLAYING FOR A WHILE..... I SEEN IT ALL. STOP CRYING GET OVER IT MOVE ON.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-03 16:24:30  
Elkanah said:

"DONT DO IT AGAIN."

"Oh you robbed that bank? We'll take that money back" "Now dont do it again"
[+]
 Ragnarok.Elkanah
user: Elkanah
By Ragnarok.Elkanah 2009-05-03 16:46:42  
*clicks on page 5 and reads Flames post* >:o
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8