Why not? lol They do that a lot in CA these days xDD
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
サーバ: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-03 17:43:02  
Ashman said:
Yes you've said it 1000 times in each thread with nothing else of substance to your post (ie Jacinda). At least i get a laugh or an opinion when someone like Mabrook says something.

Learn something.
Speak less.
Have something of value when you do open your mouth.
Lurk Moar.

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that each of my posts were supposed to be built for your entertainment or serve as the basis for you to create an opinion. I'll try harder next time.

...and uh, just curious, but what value did your post contribute in all of this? Seems that all you did was spout off assumptions with made up information. Oh, and that Square-Enix was too harsh and needs to review how they interpret the rules that they laid out for a game that they designed and maintain.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-05-03 18:00:13  
Jacinda said:
Ashman said:
Yes you've said it 1000 times in each thread with nothing else of substance to your post (ie Jacinda). At least i get a laugh or an opinion when someone like Mabrook says something.

Learn something.
Speak less.
Have something of value when you do open your mouth.
Lurk Moar.

Oh I'm sorry. I wasn't aware that each of my posts were supposed to be built for your entertainment or serve as the basis for you to create an opinion. I'll try harder next time.

...and uh, just curious, but what value did your post contribute in all of this? Seems that all you did was spout off assumptions with made up information. Oh, and that Square-Enix was too harsh and needs to review how they interpret the rules that they laid out for a game that they designed and maintain.

actually none of that was made up. i had specific instances of people who were and were not banned that i was not mentioning names for. Also, while SE did design and maintain this game, what about upholding their end of the agreement? I know people: who did not dupe, did not know the dupe was going on until after the fact, did not profit from the dupe, and no longer ran with the group who did it.... yet still got perma bans.

Also I'm not formulating any opinions of my own based on your posts. I'm just formulating opinions about a person who posts 4 times with nothing more than "loool they broked law tehy got B&". You aren't adding or contributing anything of value although I get the feeling that is a staple in your life.
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-03 18:15:54  
Collateral damage. Ever hear of it? Also, for the people who received unfair punishment, are they not capable of taking up this issue with Square-Enix on their own? I don't know...maybe I'm just silly to think something like that.

Also, yes, you are formulating an opinion based on my posts. The last statement in your post is a complete opinion, considering you know nothing of me, never met, etc, etc. There is a reason for repeating what I've been saying. It's a simple truth that unfortunately several people have yet to comprehend.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-05-03 18:36:33  
then if you admit you're just reiterating the exact same "truth" (read: opinion) then why post at all? nobody cared or listened to what you had to say the first time..... why would the 4th and 5th time be any different?

as far as taking things up with SE, they tried. SE wont reverse its decision no matter how wrong it was. Then they would have to do it for everything in every situation. The sad thing is that they seem less emotionally attached to this situation than you are. They started over / moved on to the next MMO and do not even talk about it anymore and yet we still get people, who are somehow jaded at not being able to get drops or progress past merit party as their endgame, who have to RAAAAAAAAGGGGE at this, astral flow burns or whatever else they are butthurt about today.
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-03 18:41:25  
Ashman said:
then if you admit you're just reiterating the exact same "truth" (read: opinion) then why post at all? nobody cared or listened to what you had to say the first time..... why would the 4th and 5th time be any different?

as far as taking things up with SE, they tried. SE wont reverse its decision no matter how wrong it was. Then they would have to do it for everything in every situation. The sad thing is that they seem less emotionally attached to this situation than you are. They started over / moved on to the next MMO and do not even talk about it anymore and yet we still get people, who are somehow jaded at not being able to get drops or progress past merit party as their endgame, who have to RAAAAAAAAGGGGE at this, astral flow burns or whatever else they are butthurt about today.

While I agree with the second paragraph....

Your first paragraph is too harsh that it strikes back at you. If you feel that your point is not made, you make it again with better words. That is how it goes.

What you are saying is why post if you have an opinion that needs to be rewritten is clearly egotistical ***. It is basically saying "why write anything if you have an opinion" to everyone.

But remember, I do agree with your opinion though.
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-03 18:42:33  
I suppose for the same reason that you're posting now. It's something to do.

As for those raging people you mention, perhaps you should take this up with them. I'm not upset by the bans that were issued. I lost some friends too, but this is their fight. Not mine.
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-05-03 18:43:07  
Zanno said:
Elkanah said:
While I agree to some extent on the banning's, I still think it was maybe a tad bit too harsh on all 900+ people.

Think about it, how many veterans with the most knowledge around salvage, still have LS's that are based on or around Salvage?
I remember a site about posts from, I THINK was the BlueGartr, that was talkin bout how some of the best Salvage shells who had the most vets who KNEW the ins and outs to every part of Salvage, is nothing more than a Chat LS's now.

The full convo was on LBR awhile back, when the bannings had just finished up.

And really, come to think about it, I've not seen too many vets myself who own full Salvage Gear as of late.

But It could be just because I've no Sea access to see all the neat things I've yet to encounter in game.

So yes, While I agree on some parts, I've also had thoughts about how the people who were also part of the bigger Salvage LS's of each possible server, possibly never want to start a salvage shell to run it properly, even with the biggest amount of knowledge they have on salvage.

I know a few people on our server who've refused to even consider wanting to do salvage much anymore because of all the lost vets within the Salvage Linkshells.

Would've been "nice" if they had said something like:
"Oh, you duped on this item? We'll take that back."

"Oh, you duped all this to obtain your Skadi/Ares/Morrigans? We'll take that back."

"oh, you duped this drop to get ahold of that? We'll take that back"

"DONT DO IT AGAIN."

Everyone walks away happy and just a little less burn.
But more vets who take care of their full Salvage shells.
Whether I get burned or not, really doesnt matter to me.
Im just throwing my own opinion out there. lol

I'd love to have a nice Salvage Shell[since I've yet to even do salvage] based on a Leader who'll lead their shell greatly and efficiently with knowing so much about Salvage, rather than someone with the smallest but "only half" of the vast knowledge the originally leaders had in comparison o.-

"Oh you robbed that bank? We'll take that money back" "Now dont do it again"

^
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2009-05-03 18:46:53  
Korpg said:
Ashman said:

While I agree with the second paragraph....

Your first paragraph is too harsh that it strikes back at you. If you feel that your point is not made, you make it again with better words. That is how it goes.

What you are saying is why post if you have an opinion that needs to be rewritten is clearly egotistical ***. It is basically saying "why write anything if you have an opinion" to everyone.

But remember, I do agree with your opinion though.

had this been the case i wouldn't have noticed
 Asura.Korpg
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-03 18:58:33  
Not everyone is an English Major.

One person's opinion of a better rephrased post is another person's opinion of a worse rephrased post.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 19:02:23  
Jacinda said:
Collateral damage. Ever hear of it? Also, for the people who received unfair punishment, are they not capable of taking up this issue with Square-Enix on their own? I don't know...maybe I'm just silly to think something like that.

Yes if something becomes common enought that its a catch phrase it must not be bad enough to worry about no. I was about to use some others but my spidey senses are telling me the holier then thous would only latch onto the examples as a means to demerit the rest of the statement so lets just leave it at that. And what might I ask is wrong with sticking up for someone. Or are you so jaded that you think people should just ignore there fellow man and look after themselves?
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
By Asura.Malekith 2009-05-03 19:12:52  
With things being how they are, in a world where SE can ban someone at the drop of a hat IF anything looks the least bit dodgy AND you go along with it... You get what you deserve, I'm sorry. There were no truly innocent people involved. Jacida's use of "collateral damage" may seem like a flippant but if the shoe fits...

Folks have moved on, nothing will be done. If you doubt me, go check out how that petition that made the rounds do. I think it got a grand total of 250 sigs and how many thousands of people play?

Old drama is fail drama... a 1000 LoLs and haha's to all who got the B&.
[+]
 Hades.Jacinda
By Hades.Jacinda 2009-05-03 19:22:56  
Dasva said:
And what might I ask is wrong with sticking up for someone. Or are you so jaded that you think people should just ignore there fellow man and look after themselves?

Good lord, I was trying to leave this thread alone. Truly.

I am not someone who is "holier than thou", or even pretends to be. However, I do realize that we are all accountable for our actions. You can stick up for someone all you like; that's your choice. At the same time, if the people you're sticking up aren't doing anything about it, then what exactly do you hope to accomplish?

It was mentioned earlier that a petition was started, and nothing came of it. Now we have yet another attempt at getting people stirred up over this issue, and for what? It's not like there was even a petition started in this thread; just the notion of getting one created. Somehow you seem to think that constitues sticking up for someone.

No, I'm not jaded about this. Other than losing some people I knew in-game, I'm more or less unaffected by it all. As for the collateral damage comment; I don't necessarily agree with the concept of it, but it happens. Like I just mentioned (and 1000 apologies for not putting this reiteration in better words), if people felt they were treated unjustly, then they will do something about it.

Oh, and if you truly feel that you're sticking up for someone, then go take action. Arguing back and forth on here isn't doing a single thing to help those people, regardless of their perceived innocence or guilt.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-03 19:41:30  
Jacinda said:

Good lord, I was trying to leave this thread alone. Truly.

I don't buy it.

Jacinda said:
I am not someone who is "holier than thou", or even pretends to be. However, I do realize that we are all accountable for our actions.

Not necessarily referring to you though luckily person in next post helped me out :)

Malekith said:
With things being how they are, in a world where SE can ban someone at the drop of a hat IF anything looks the least bit dodgy AND you go along with it... You get what you deserve, I'm sorry. There were no truly innocent people involved. Jacida's use of "collateral damage" may seem like a flippant but if the shoe fits...
Old drama is fail drama... a 1000 LoLs and haha's to all who got the B&.

Jacinda said:
No, I'm not jaded about this. Other than losing some people I knew in-game, I'm more or less unaffected by it all. As for the collateral damage comment; I don't necessarily agree with the concept of it, but it happens. Like I just mentioned (and 1000 apologies for not putting this reiteration in better words), if people felt they were treated unjustly, then they will do something about it.

Oh, and if you truly feel that you're sticking up for someone, then go take action. Arguing back and forth on here isn't doing a single thing to help those people, regardless of their perceived innocence or guilt.

Nothing will probably ever be done about this and I think people screwed over by this probably just dont give a ***anymore. I mean would you want to continue playing this after that and having the company twiddle there thumbs. As for doing something I think history shows SEs not gonna listen to the players until there is a fairly overwhelming majority of the player base is pissed AND they get publicly shamed in some way. So yes this has the potential to accomplish something. And frankly after working rediculous hours for several years I'm in total shutdown mode when it comes to anything resembling work. Yes yes read lazy.
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [216 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:09:56  
Cerberus.Arteus said:
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^

{Thats Too Bad}.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dracondria
By Bahamut.Dracondria 2009-12-05 23:12:10  
Did you really have to bump this thread?
[+]
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:19:47  
Bahamut.Dracondria said:
QQ

? what did you say something emo goth kid?
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-05 23:21:15  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
Cerberus.Arteus said:
just an idea but i know a few people who got banned, im suggesting we make a petition to get them back and if it isnt carried through threaten to boycot the game unbtil it is ^^

{Thats Too Bad}.

really? REALLY?
 Kujata.Daus
サーバ: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-05 23:23:50  
wait

okwait

people got banned for duping?

OHMAHGAWD THEY;RE COMING AFTER WINDOWR NEXT!!1
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:24:28  
I was searching for something came about the thread in search and made the comment.

So you can come up with the you are Awesome gifs if you guys want.
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-05 23:24:44  
Kujata.Daus said:
wait

okwait

Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:27:52  
Are you serious, that you never heard of this I'll look for that QQ day thing. it was on that site forget the name.

It was one of the hugest QQ days, people quit and never came back whom go caught in bans for helping but not taking any thing. Also, even if suspended never came back because they got what they deserved. /laugh bunch of n00bs
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-05 23:31:29  
Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Kujata.Daus said:
wait

okwait

slowpoke.jpg

Account inactive, however the filename says slowpoke

Ma post was facetious ty I just mentioned salvage duping in the signatures thread yesterday folks
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:33:39  
LMAO, maybe these people came from a year long break. Or were inactive when this happened. I hope so...

If not i guess it was best that I bumped this thread..
サーバ: Remora
user: iLLogiX
By Remora.Hackstealandbot 2009-12-05 23:36:12  
Bahamut.Stanflame said:
LMAO, maybe these people came from a year long break. Or were inactive when this happened. I hope so...

not really, since its not important either way. i duped gil back in the day and got banned for it, i don't see a thread on here about how awesome i was
 Gilgamesh.Tousou
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Toufu
By Gilgamesh.Tousou 2009-12-05 23:37:17  
Kujata.Daus said:

Ma post was facetious ty I just mentioned salvage duping in the signatures thread yesterday folks

It was a picture of slowpoke that said "I see what you did there."

Reason being, I was around when all of it happened and people were raving and ranting about the same thing XD
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:38:45  
Remora.Hackstealandbot said:
Bahamut.Stanflame said:

not really, since its not important either way. i duped gil back in the day and got banned for it, i don't see a thread on here about how awesome i was

back in the day ffxi ah did not exist like this :P. I was around during that delivery box glitch...
 Odin.Ahligieri
サーバ: Odin
user: jaeganja
By Odin.Ahligieri 2009-12-05 23:49:57  
I don't know why this thread got beyond the first reply.
Garuda.Mabrook said:
No.

Topic over.
 Kujata.Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2009-12-05 23:50:59  
Gilgamesh.Tousou said:
Kujata.Daus said:

It was a picture of slowpoke that said "I see what you did there."

Reason being, I was around when all of it happened and people were raving and ranting about the same thing XD

/phew then

was beginning to wonder after stan posted..sometimes tones dont travel well across the internets
 Bahamut.Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2009-12-05 23:57:47  
It's still sad some of these people did not know :(, or some people are blind. I mean I had to inform people of the other glitch exploits years before this ***. if this thread bump helps so be it... do not exploit or you get BANNED!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8