By Bismarck.Keityan 2012-01-16 13:59:39  
TP:

Notes: Several changes can occur and still make 5 hit with reasonable risk:
Unkai Nodowa + Yoichinoyumi <-> Portus Collar + Hagneia Stone
Arbuda Grip + Ninurta's Sash <-> Pole Strap + Bullwhip

Less risk to hit 5 hit:
Yoichi-> Hagneia Stone
Arbuda Grip + Ninurta's Sash <-> Rose Strap + Bullwhip

I personally do the posted setup because I do not like the -75HP on bullwhip. I idle in 1708 HP and it hovers this amount in my M.def and P.def sets (about 1890 in VW). That being said, this may not be the highest parse-yielding setup available, but I chose this setup over others because a half tank is what I choose to play. (Bullwhip is like -%5 of my max HP...)

I like wearing Yoichi full time because I don't feel as if it compromises my damage by enough that justifies "not" wearing it. As a fun factor of being able to shoot things that try to run away from you or saving that extra 80TP after dying to keep on shooting to maintain DPS, it's just a fun.

The moonshade is regain earring. I made it before shoha was introduced, but I still swear by it for the ability to change much more gear around and still reach 5 hit builds. I also do not see much use of save TP for VW since Dusty wings are plentiful and I have had good results with that over pure WS spam.

Whatever the difference is between Atheling/Unkai backpiece is a wash. With a 5% zanshin rate, it only converts to .25*5% Zanhasso. (1.25% Zanhasso vs 3DA).

WS:

Notes: I use a shadow gorget+Shadow belt for shoha because it overlaps with Tachi: Kasha (less inventory to play with). (Which makes light with Shoha)

-I wouldn't use breeze gorget/belt for kaiten because fTP doesn't increase damage, only aftermath duration.
- Mistaken information after someone had convinced me of this without double checking.

I keep the moonshade earring in the WS set because the WS animation usually allows 1-2 ticks of TP and other options of earring is just 4 STR which I was willing to compromise. Consistantly, I have a WS rate of 1 WS/8-10 seconds in VWNM, with the WS animation being a big portion of it (you can start using abilities after the 2nd "slash" of shoha). This convinced me to just WS with it normally.

Atheling/Unkai: In terms of 3DA vs 5STR the averages are pretty close.

Edit: Fixed a bunch, didn't realize that my FFXIAH sets were from lvl95 cap lol.

Namas Set:
Pretty much same as Taint's but instead of using Shura head, I use Twilight Helm. I don't think the differences would be as large with Shura head and Twilight helm because Namas will typically not deal as much as a g.kat WS. Since it is percentage based, a lower WS average would hurt 3% WS damage more than pure base stat.

I also use Hachiryu Haidate because I have no idea what the Tier 6 VWNM's have as VIT and no idea if I cap STR.

Last three Qilin Parses Shoha averages 2.4k (high 3.6), 2.3k (high 2.9), 2.3k (high 3.3). (Two in which I was using my armageddon atmacite set accidently, but is the most recent parses on Qilin since 99). At 99 and +40% total WSdamage, it might be able to catch up to shoha with capped attack instances and even beat it, but at the moment, I haven't even attempted to use Kaiten unless it's Dynamis DC mobs (Which it does better on because of self skillchains).

Average Hit damage (might have WS sets melee hits sometimes stuck in there sometimes) = 225.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2012-01-16 14:02:33  
iirc, Ele Belt beats Beir +1 for Shoha.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-01-16 14:05:15  
There's a lot of things you can do better, but it doesn't sound like you are really interested in that advice.
 Bismarck.Keityan
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Keichan
By Bismarck.Keityan 2012-01-16 14:06:57  
Yeah, realized I forgot to type that lol... But I fixed it when I was proofreading so fixed it before I saw your post!
 Shiva.Schatzie
サーバ: Shiva
user: itemset
By Shiva.Schatzie 2012-01-16 21:22:39  

this be my TP set checklist, just need the tiara, body, and ammo. how is it compared to these "optimal sets?" also, is amano worth making over masamune these days?

really want a relic, and on 3rd stage kikoku and have amano's base item sitting in my pool, and not sure if kiko is even worth finishing now that they patched out that offhand "glitch."
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-16 21:27:37  
Regain earring is bad, mmkay.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2012-01-17 00:17:43  
Bismarck.Keityan said: »
-I wouldn't use breeze gorget/belt for kaiten because fTP doesn't increase damage, only aftermath duration.

lol
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
user: Stephano
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-01-17 00:29:52  
Ok so I need to be caught up, why was the "functional lv90 5-hit" replaced with this cookie cutter set with Zelus tiara?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 00:34:59  
Because it's superior? Are you just calling it cookie cutter to look cool?
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-01-17 00:37:31  
Yes I've always wanted to say cookie cutter.

Can you tell me all the ways it is "superior"?

Im legitimately curious, my Ukon doesn't like when I play SAM so I can't test this myself.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 00:42:14  
Does it even need to be explained? It provides more haste than the level 90 "functional" 5-hit set, while retaining 5hit status. Technically, something incorporating Ace's mail is superior in some situations, and I've been thinking about a sword strap 6hit myself, but in general a set like the one posted by Schatzie or Taint earlier in the thread will provide the best results.

Honestly, it's pretty simple to see just by looking at the gear set. <_<
[+]
 Bismarck.Eburo
By Bismarck.Eburo 2012-01-17 00:43:23  
I see, I forgot that the usual ***only gives 25%. Carry on.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 00:46:30  
Little less than 25
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-17 01:19:15  
What the hell?

That's the first thing that caught my eye while scrolling so I didn't read the rest but I'm not particularly optimistic about it...
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 01:23:52  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
TP - Hasso

TP - No Hasso

Fudo - Should be the same as Kaiten or very similar

Namas

Shoha

Shura Head has WSdmg3% SCdmg3% Att6
Why not avant cuisses +1 anguiness belt and atheling mantle? I never rly thought about the shura head for sam lol...just figured 16 str 30 attack won >.>
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 01:33:31  
5 hits really don't matter much anymore... VW gives regain 3...which you should be using stacked with save tp on samurai. Seriously all that matters for VW atm is a good ws set lol.... usual 8-10 regain with 60+ tp returns...It's overkill mang. And im noticing with shoha that you shouldnt use beir +1... Good DD use red curry bun, so acc kind of becomes an issue.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-01-17 01:52:33  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
What the hell?

That's the first thing that caught my eye while scrolling so I didn't read the rest but I'm not particularly optimistic about it...

i wouldn't, my head kinda hurts now lol.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-01-17 02:03:11  
Just to clear things up for the regain earring lover, ftp increases damage for any WS in the game. You are confused with tp bonus.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 02:44:01  
Fupafighters said: »
5 hits really don't matter much anymore... VW gives regain 3...which you should be using stacked with save tp on samurai. Seriously all that matters for VW atm is a good ws set lol.... usual 8-10 regain with 60+ tp returns...It's overkill mang. And im noticing with shoha that you shouldnt use beir +1... Good DD use red curry bun, so acc kind of becomes an issue.

1) If you're getting 8-10 regain per tic you're getting tactician's roll and probably have a regain moonshade, replace your COR with someone who knows their job better and stop failing at life, fix your earring.

2) Elemental belt isn't used for the accuracy primarily.

3) Why is your accuracy an issue
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 03:08:04  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Fupafighters said: »

1) If you're getting 8-10 regain per tic you're getting tactician's roll and probably have a regain moonshade, replace your COR with someone who knows their job better and stop failing at life, fix your earring.

2) Elemental belt isn't used for the accuracy primarily.

3) Why is your accuracy an issue
Bahahah look at my mission list for WoTG noob. And why wouldnt you use a cor in a DD pty?... And unless i replace beir belt +1 and heafoc, you dont really get acc in your ws sets :/
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 03:20:46  
That wasn't the point, the COR shouldn't be using tactician's roll on the DD party. Further, you shouldn't need any sort of abnormal amount of accuracy in your WS set.
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 03:25:20  
That wasn't the point, the COR shouldn't be using tactician's roll on the DD party. Further, you shouldn't need any sort of abnormal amount of accuracy in your WS set.
Lol so the corsairs should be giving them what then? >.> mis/tacts is the fan favorite...
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 03:26:15  
Fan favorite of the uninformed. Miser's and either Chaos or Fighter's would be the superior option.
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 03:31:23  
Fan favorite of the uninformed. Chaos or Fighter's would both be the superior option.
SO tacticians your saying, is useless? >.> gtfo lol. i prefer my 1 swing ws.... And ummm how does chaos roll or fighters help the corsair at all with their wildfire? Corsair can do some nasty dmg spamming wildfire too.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 03:32:05  
That right there is the reason why CORs think it's ok to give their party tactician's roll. I'm not going into great detail as to why Chaos or Fighter's is superior to Tactician's, feel free to believe what you want, but either of those rolls would be the better choice.

As for COR, it's a very simple procedure. They can give the party the superior buff first, then miser's, then later they can give themselves tactician's.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 03:38:21  
lol...you know, if i even ask for chaos roll or fighters roll and explain to people why i want them, they will just laugh at me or yell at me for asking for it right? I want you to give me some proof that 4-5 regain gets beat by attack and double attack lol...
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 03:39:10  
Btw most people ask for tacts because it helps them proc alot faster... Procs = kill
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 03:41:15  
Honestly I have no idea how you don't see how 16~31% attack or 6~18% double attack is the greater buff than an irrelevant regain effect. The regain isn't likely to tic enough times before you hit 100TP to make a difference, at least it shouldn't be. If it is, you have other things wrong that need to be addressed, and even if it's making a difference, it's going to be so miniscule that it doesn't outweigh the virtues of a massive attack or double attack boost.

Essentially, you and your peers are likely laughing at the prospect of chaos and fighter's roll because you're sheep.
[+]
By Fupafighters 2012-01-17 03:46:40  
W.e you say...your obviously smarter than every other cor out there. Because 95% of them do tacts/misers because they're dumb. W.e you say >.> Preference says tactician's.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-17 03:48:31  
Honestly, if they're as blind as you? I probably am. Fortunately, lots of CORs that I know aren't, so they're good. Your preference is wrong.

I would assume that most people would have the common sense to make a mental note that a buff that does relatively little for you isn't worth taking over a buff that actually significantly impacts your overall DPS, but I would be assuming wrong it seems.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 52 53 54