言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » SOPA and PIPA
SOPA and PIPA
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10
By Artemicion 2012-01-19 15:43:26  
zahrah said: »
So, I was wondering. If this does actually pass, then would all the music threads, the threads with any and all pop-culture clips, and the LOLpic thread have to be wiped from AH?

Potentially. But luckily lolcats are safe as fuzzy kittens aren't the intellectual property of anyone but their loving owners which I honestly can't imagine would take hostile legal measures against those that would stamp captions to their furry friends.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Draupnir
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Draupnir
By Cerberus.Draupnir 2012-01-19 15:44:06  
As well as our Avatars D:
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2012-01-19 15:46:26  
besides the community the only reason's I stay around these forums would be gone if they pass =/
By Artemicion 2012-01-19 15:46:48  
Cerberus.Draupnir said: »

Indeed. Mine too would be guilty of infringement despite being endorsed and sanctioned as a downloadable avatar from the owner's site :P
By zahrah 2012-01-19 16:14:59  
What. A. Clusterfuck.
By slipispsycho 2012-01-19 16:35:00  
The forums themselves would likely have to go, if not the site all together..

Look how long it takes sometimes to get attention to inappropriate material as is.. Every second a piece of copyrighted material was up, would be every every second the admins/owners of the site would be at legal risk. They don't have the resources to police the forums so vigilantly that never happens.
By Eugene 2012-01-19 17:03:06  
zahrah said: »
So, I was wondering...If this does actually pass, then would all the music threads, the threads with any and all pop-culture clips, and the LOLpic thread have to be wiped from AH?

It depends whether or not the work falls under fair use. Stills or short gifs of a copyrighted work generally fall under fair use, assuming there is criticism or commentary accompanying it, so likely they'd legally still be allowed.

Whether the entertainment industry would use its powers to punish websites with fair use works is another matter. Eliminating due process would mean they can get websites shut down without an overwhelming burden of proof.

Cerberus.Draupnir said: »
That might not fall under fair use.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rosalee
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2012-01-19 17:08:23  
In good news, I just got an email reply from one of my senators, Sen. Mark Kirk, professing his opposition to PIPA as it stands (his stance wasn't listed on http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/). Unfortunately, however, the other senator (Sen. *** Durbin) for my state is in support of the bill.
 Cerberus.Kiori
user: Kiori
By Cerberus.Kiori 2012-01-19 17:12:56  
a few pages back people were talking about the lack of people voteing in the US. I see no point to voting...when the citizens vote...that is called the Popular Vote...our votes get counted...yes...but they don't actually always decide who our President is. Look at my list below.

John Quincy Adams in 1824 (Andrew Jackson won the popular vote.)
Rutherford Hayes in 1876 (Samuel Tilden won the popular vote)
Benjamin Harrison in 1888 ( incumbent president Grover Cleveland won the popular vote)
George W. Bush in 2000 ( Al Gore won the popular vote)

ridiculing or scoffing at people who don't vote, but try to put there opinion out there doesn't make much sense to me...when in fact our votes don't always matter.

*edit

I signed the petitions for helping to stop this...i believe a petition has more power then the vote in our current system...hence why i brought up my opinion above. maybe i'm over reacting a bit...but it felt like from reading those few post made my opinion a little less valid to those who do vote.
 Valefor.Annikahansen
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Annikahansen 2012-01-19 17:16:37  
Cerberus.Kiori said: »
a few pages back people were talking about the lack of people voteing in the US. I see no point to voting...when the citizens vote...that is called the Popular Vote...our votes get counted...yes...but they don't actually always decide who our President is. Look at my list below.

John Quincy Adams in 1824 (Andrew Jackson won the popular vote.)
Rutherford Hayes in 1876 (Samuel Tilden won the popular vote)
Benjamin Harrison in 1888 ( incumbent president Grover Cleveland won the popular vote)
George W. Bush in 2000 ( Al Gore won the popular vote)

ridiculing or scoffing at people who don't vote, but try to put there opinion out there doesn't make much sense to me...when in fact our votes don't always matter.
this is why i don't vote
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-01-19 17:26:49  
Quote:
So, how does it all look to the people who actually live with it? In China, the reaction to American protests has ranged from sympathy to gentle Schadenfreude, as Chinese Web users try to sort out whether they are being held up as victims or patsies or pirates. After several years in which American diplomats have inveighed against Internet censorship in China, the proposals have inspired a bit of snickering. “The Great Firewall turns out to be a visionary product; the American government is trying to copy us,” one commentator wrote. A Chinese message making the rounds on Thursday said: “At last, the planet is becoming unified: We are ahead of the whole world, and the ‘American imperialists’ are racing to catch up.”

Source
 Lakshmi.Flavin
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-19 17:31:54  
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
In good news, I just got an email reply from one of my senators, Sen. Mark Kirk, professing his opposition to PIPA as it stands (his stance wasn't listed on http://projects.propublica.org/sopa/). Unfortunately, however, the other senator (Sen. *** Durbin) for my state is in support of the bill.
Another Illinois resident!
 Lakshmi.Kolvar
user: Kolvar
By Lakshmi.Kolvar 2012-01-19 17:35:44  
The affects of protest by websites and people.

Quetzalcoatl.Roark
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Roark 2012-01-19 17:57:51  
hope Jaerik sees this

[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-01-19 18:07:11  
Lakshmi.Flavin said: »
Bismarck.Rosalee said: »
Another Illinois resident!

Same here, I labeled him as an ignorant fossil that can't even use a computer. Yet he votes on a bill that can change the internet for so many.
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2012-01-19 18:19:29  
Leviathan.Chaosx said: »
Quote:
‘American imperialists’ are racing to catch up.”

Source
. . .. . so many slaps need to be given out, where to start.

Cerberus.Kiori said: »
I signed the petitions for helping to stop this...i believe a petition has more power then the vote in our current system...hence why i brought up my opinion above. maybe i'm over reacting a bit...but it felt like from reading those few post made my opinion a little less valid to those who do vote.

Your opinion is just as valid as anyone's, but thinking your vote does nothing seems like an over reaction personally. Politicians want this type of voting system because people think this way in large numbers and become apathetic because who they want seems like a hopefulness vote.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2012-01-19 21:36:12  

I don't know how reliable this is but I'm being hopeful.
[+]
 Valefor.Endoq
サーバ: Valefor
user: Endoq
By Valefor.Endoq 2012-01-20 08:25:20  
consequences will never be the same! XD
 Fenrir.Bellalunaa
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bellaluna
By Fenrir.Bellalunaa 2012-01-20 08:34:57  
http://boycott-hollywood.org/
Join the rest of the world to boycott Hollywood. We need to protect ourselves and show our support for all the freedoms we currently have (including the use of this site; many thanks to the team who make it possible).
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2012-01-20 10:52:01  
First SOPA shelved indefinitely, now this: Reid postpones Senate vote on PIPA anti-piracy bill

But don't think the war has been won, it's only just begun...
[+]
By Lifty 2012-01-20 11:25:21  
I'd like to know how the Government of one Nation can legally take down any website they see fit. It's called the World Wide Web. Even if the bill is passed by any rights it can only affect websites based in the United states. I'm not trying to justify the bill just trying to understand how US Government thinks they can start to fix piracy issues when it's not an isolated problem.
 Bahamut.Krizz
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-20 11:27:43  
Lifty said: »
I'd like to know how the Government of one Nation can legally take down any website they see fit. It's called the World Wide Web. Even if the bill is passed by any rights it can only affect websites based in the United states. I'm not trying to justify the bill just trying to understand how US Government thinks they can start to fix piracy issues when it's not an isolated problem.
It wouldn't take down the site. It would block it from being accessed by the US. They would strike it from DNS.
By volkom 2012-01-20 11:29:20  
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
It wouldn't take down the site. It would block it from being accessed by the US. They would strike it from DNS.
so basically if its a foreign site, the gov blocks it, and if its a domestic site they can shut it down right?
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-20 11:41:21  
volkom said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
so basically if its a foreign site, the gov blocks it, and if its a domestic site they can shut it down right?
Pretty much. They can also ask other nations to cooperate if there are legal remedies in those nations as well.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2012-01-20 12:12:07  
oh wait so this bill in no way shape or form affects me? Woo go SOPA, go PIPA!

Just kidding.
 Ragnarok.Shadowknoll
By Ragnarok.Shadowknoll 2012-01-20 12:40:49  

your talking about the people who are saying they don't fully understand the internet. what can you expect out of stupid people like this? I honestly don't know how these people are in office if this is true(and i doubt it is . . )
 Ragnarok.Yathatguy
user: Rathan
By Ragnarok.Yathatguy 2012-01-20 12:48:57  
Fenrir.Bellalunaa said: »
Join the rest of the world to boycott Hollywood. We need to protect ourselves and show our support for all the freedoms we currently have (including the use of this site; many thanks to the team who make it possible).

Ummm why boycott Hollywood? You do know that you play a game...a game made by the largest profiting section of the media industry right? It needs to be fine tuned by OUR representatives not by Hollywood.
 Lakshmi.Flavin
By Lakshmi.Flavin 2012-01-20 12:54:12  
http://boycott-hollywood.org/ Join the rest of the world to boycott Hollywood. We need to protect ourselves and show our support for all the freedoms we currently have (including the use of this site; many thanks to the team who make it possible).
Boycotting hollywood may get rid of some piracy... boycott the people who make the forms of entertainment til they go out of business then we will no longer have anything to pirate from them!
By Artemicion 2012-01-20 12:55:29  
Ragnarok.Yathatguy said: »

Ummm why boycott Hollywood? You do know that you play a game...a game made by the largest profiting section of the media industry right? It needs to be fine tuned by OUR representatives not by Hollywood.

I'd have to agree here.
Hollywood holds no interests in the well being of it's consumers or people in general. They will always seek out legislation that are within their interests and benefits. The key is us making sure those in office are truly representing us rather than their pockets and the lobbyists that filled em up with coin.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10