I Have 90 Gandiva, Should I Make Anni?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » I have 90 gandiva, should I make Anni?
I have 90 gandiva, should I make Anni?
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Maddog
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-19 18:32:29  
niche ws is niche?
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-19 18:32:57  
Actually Legion mobs will die pretty quickly with a good setup. I don't usually cap hate on the NMs exclusively using coronach. Even if you do cap enmity, it still allows you to survive much longer than using last stand. I'm pretty sure I'd die within a minute if I just spammed last stand considering how crappy RNG's hp is. Decoy shot + coronach is the bomb.

That said, I've personally given up on Legion for now until they make it more accessible for 18 people. Tired of having to shout for 2 hours.
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-19 18:34:54  
Can we cease with the "says hi" rubbish? You're not making a point, you just look stupid.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-19 18:36:23  
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-19 18:39:04  
Decoy shot+anything has the same effect doesn't it? Works with spamming jishnu.. but that is also voidwatch.
 Quetzalcoatl.Generic
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Generic 2012-04-19 18:39:57  
Nope
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-19 18:41:22  
Have a sch hit you with pax effect. Spam Last Stand with decoy shot. Done and done.. :P
 Bahamut.Feisei
サーバ: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2012-04-19 19:07:34  
[+]
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-04-19 19:50:25  
Does Jishnu's really have 1.75fTP on all hits or is BGwiki just shitting me?

Also, I'd say if your RNG is to the point you're considering Yoichi, get Apoc. Apoc is the Relic of Choice for most DRKs, unless you won't bother with Entropy, then stick with Ragnarok + Resolution.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-19 20:00:14  
I got bored of searching after the first few pages, but with the intensive fTP and WSC testing that I've read so far, I doubt that someone would have pulled a number out of their *** to post on Wiki.

And Apocalypse is the "weapon of choice" for most DRKs because most DRKs aren't very bright.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-19 20:00:20  
Remora.Brain said: »
It does, and gorget/belt do apply to all hits.

Bismarck.Helel said: »
I'm pretty sure I'd die within a minute if I just spammed last stand considering how crappy RNG's hp is.
RNG loses less than any other DD job by using PDT gear. If you're bitching about your max HP, you're either getting one/two-shotted in full PDT or you're doing it wrong.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-19 20:16:33  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
And Apocalypse is the "weapon of choice" for most DRKs because most DRKs aren't very bright.

What if you know how to use it to its full potential? I don't mean to call him out, but Taint comes to mind.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-19 20:17:34  
Remora.Brain said: »

Also, I'd say if your RNG is to the point you're considering Yoichi, get Apoc. Apoc is the Relic of Choice for most DRKs, unless you won't bother with Entropy, then stick with Ragnarok + Resolution.
I have ukon if I need to use a heavy melee DD, I just believe apoc is a different class entirely however.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-19 20:19:10  
There is no "full potential". DRK is not a healer, and shouldn't be relying on keeping themselves alive. One may as well suggest that every other DD in the game sub DNC. There are zero situations where Apocalypse allows someone to perform better than anyone else.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-19 20:20:44  
There is no "full potential". DRK is not a healer, and shouldn't be relying on keeping themselves alive. One may as well suggest that every other DD in the game sub DNC. There are zero situations where Apocalypse allows someone to perform better than anyone else.

I'm sorry, what? I've seen Cata do upwards of 3k on stuff like Qilin and Uptala. Not that they are the bench marks, but it's not THAT weak of a WS. It has healing potential.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-19 20:21:29  
In what way does that make it better than Ragnarok?

This, "it allows you to play more aggressively" *** gets old quickly. I and everyone else I play with play as aggressively as possible, and none of us are required to heal ourselves.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-04-19 20:23:11  
In what way does that make it better than Ragnarok?

This, "it allows you to play more aggressively" *** gets old quickly. I and everyone else I play with play as aggressively as possible, and none of us are required to heal ourselves.
*** don't know about my chakra set.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-04-19 20:24:47  
Woah, wait a sec chief. I didn't say it was better than Rag. I just said it has uses. Niche uses, but uses lol
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-19 20:25:03  
I gave that Chakra some VIT, Chakras love VIT.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-19 20:26:20  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Woah, wait a sec chief. I didn't say it was better than Rag. I just said it has uses. Niche uses, but uses lol

If by "niche uses" you mean it has the ability to be inferior to its alternative, then sure.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-19 20:35:56  
Doesn't the added haste factor in? I mean it wont with SV march but still.

Inb4 miser's roll and save tp, not everything is vw.

Edit: I thought cata was JA haste apparently its equipment haste so nevermind.
 Pandemonium.Anookulchandra
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Anookulchandra 2012-04-19 20:37:14  
I have 100000000000 attack while capping haste on apoc sustained. Then it will be worth while.

*if you take what I say seriously... I'll cry... YOU KNOW WHO I'M TALKING TO*
 Remora.Brain
サーバ: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2012-04-19 20:38:35  
Apocalypse is prefered for simple flexibility, and Entropy is the strongest WS for scythe. With Entropy, Apoc really isn't so far behind that the extra ohshit button isn't a very worthwhile trade. Seriously, Catastrophe has saved my *** so many times it's ridiculous. You might not think it's worth it, but I'd say the extra damage I did by surviving far outweighed the damage the dirtnap would have added.

In before get better healers, but VW is a *** at times and ***happens in general.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-19 20:41:43  
Cerberus.Maeldiar said: »
What if you know how to use it to its full potential? I don't mean to call him out, but Taint comes to mind.
Taint has been very clear about the relative capabilities of the Ragnarok owners he's parsed against.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-19 20:50:01  
So to boil it down:

Apoc's saving grace is the ability to heal yourself in a pinch.

The haste effect doesn't add as much DoT as I thought it did.

Annihilator is huge damage coupled with last stand (and the barrage numbers are just fantastic.)

Annihilator has a low hate ws you can spam with decoy shot with no fear. (Armageddon?)

I get it right?
 Ragnarok.Agerknux
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ager
By Ragnarok.Agerknux 2012-04-19 20:51:25  
I could have sworn I was in the rng section.
[+]
By Mirvana 2012-04-22 02:37:29  
Somewhat back on topic, and because I don't think it deserves a new thread:

I had been working on Yoichi and recently hit a mark in my Tshell/Opiece counts that coincide with their numbers on Annihilator (15 jade/62 Silver). But I've also had my eye on eventually building up an Armageddon for my RNG's marksmanship purposes.

Basically I'm contemplating if I should swap to working on Annihilator or carry on with my plan to finish Big Red and do Armageddon on the side. I'm not an Epeen-centered player, I couldn't care less about if I'm 1st or last on any parse, and I have my own personal preferences for the whole Bow-vs-Gun debate. Mostly, to me, this comes down to if Annihilator is worth forgoing Big Red (which I have REEEEAAAALLLLYYY wanted for years) when I had intended to get Armageddon already.

Opinions?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-22 02:43:39  
Get Big Red. It's what you want.
 Cerberus.Maeldiar
By Cerberus.Maeldiar 2012-04-22 08:00:42  
If you really want the bow then get it. Level sam along with it and cor for your gun to have to most enjoyment out of it.
By Mirvana 2012-04-22 17:34:41  
I have SAM @ 99 already. The question was more "Is Anni enough better than Arma that I should consider swapping relic paths." For the way I enjoy RNG, I don't think so, but I wanted to see what you guys' opinions were.