I Have 90 Gandiva, Should I Make Anni?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » I have 90 gandiva, should I make Anni?
I have 90 gandiva, should I make Anni?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Helel
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-22 18:05:56  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Remora.Brain said: »
Does Jishnu's really have 1.75fTP on all hits or is BGwiki just shitting me?
It does, and gorget/belt do apply to all hits.

Bismarck.Helel said: »
I'm pretty sure I'd die within a minute if I just spammed last stand considering how crappy RNG's hp is.
RNG loses less than any other DD job by using PDT gear. If you're bitching about your max HP, you're either getting one/two-shotted in full PDT or you're doing it wrong.

I'm guessing you've never done legion because PDT is the least of your worries, and I fail to see how RNG loses less than any other PDT job when any other job can simply melee with PDT gear on. If you've ever played RNG correctly, you will be constantly swapping between preshot and postshot gear such that there's very little time to wear full PDT gear. I have a macro to equip it when needed, but again, chances are you're going to get hit as soon as the shot fires. (Same goes for MDT). Basically, if you're using spellcast correctly when you play RNG, you CANNOT shoot the mob at all while wearing PDT gear. If you do attempt to shoot, spellcast will swap your gear to your preshot gear and you will lose all PDT. At least other melee jobs can continue to hit the mob, RNG cannot.

It should also be noted that an annihilator RNG will be /war and using berserk when it's up, which is something no other DD should be doing inside legion (if they wish to survive). My point in my post was that if I am /war, using berserk, and spamming last stand, I will die. Your interpretation of "you shouldn't complain about RNG max hp" is almost irrelevant to what I was trying to say. If you think a RNG can get away with spamming last stand, or JR, in legion then be my guest.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-04-22 18:11:00  
Ragnarok.Chronosphere said: »
Is Anni better than Arma? Yes.
Should you swap relics? That's your choice. Just make what you want, really. Even if you DID make Anni, you'd still want Arma for the very few times you use Wildfire (very very veeery few times)

Just get Yoichi if you're so gung-ho about it

Armageddon will outdamage annihilator in situations where your ranged attack is capped, something people continually fail to realize. It's also easier to upgrade armageddon to 99 than annihilator imo, which gives you 5 base damage improvement over the 95 annihilator. The +20 AGI is also very nice for last stand.
 Cerberus.Taint
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-04-23 20:23:11  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
In what way does that make it better than Ragnarok?

This, "it allows you to play more aggressively" *** gets old quickly. I and everyone else I play with play as aggressively as possible, and none of us are required to heal ourselves.

I have Rag and Apoc. Saying Apoc just gives healing is just dumb. Its a 167 damage weapon thats easy to 5hit and gives you crazy gear swap potential. Apoc allows you to stack any stat you need and still keep gear haste capped. Rag is a better damage weapon (in the right hands) but Apoc isn't far behind at all and yes the healing can be used to be very very agressive. Worst case I use it to fill my HP to 100% during SE zergs. Best case I'm by myself soloing a NM in neo nyzul.

I would tell any DRK to get Apoc first, its a game changer vs a DD weapon.

As for the thread get Anni esp if you can 99 it.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 20:29:39  
Bismarck.Helel said:
Basically, if you're using spellcast correctly when you play RNG, you CANNOT shoot the mob at all while wearing PDT gear. If you do attempt to shoot, spellcast will swap your gear to your preshot gear and you will lose all PDT. At least other melee jobs can continue to hit the mob, RNG cannot.

Not for RNG, but I have rules to not swap me out for certain things if I'm starting in PDT gear.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-04-23 20:49:53  
Bismarck.Helel said: »
I'm guessing you've never done legion because PDT is the least of your worries, and I fail to see how RNG loses less than any other PDT job when any other job can simply melee with PDT gear on.
Because you don't lose your haste equivalent by swapping to PDT.

Quote:
Basically, if you're using spellcast correctly when you play RNG, you CANNOT shoot the mob at all while wearing PDT gear. If you do attempt to shoot, spellcast will swap your gear to your preshot gear and you will lose all PDT. At least other melee jobs can continue to hit the mob, RNG cannot.
Sounds like you're the one not using Spellcast properly.

Quote:
It should also be noted that an annihilator RNG will be /war and using berserk when it's up, which is something no other DD should be doing inside legion (if they wish to survive).
Please tell me this is a joke.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-23 20:51:00  
It doesn't matter anyway, no DD should be doing anything in Legion because there's virtually no justifiable reason to even pay the entry fee.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-04-23 20:53:38  
/nin is the best, apparently.
 Leviathan.Prototyp
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-04-24 02:10:28  
"Armageddon will outdamage annihilator in situations where your ranged attack is capped, something people continually fail to realize. It's also easier to upgrade armageddon to 99 than annihilator imo, which gives you 5 base damage improvement over the 95 annihilator. The +20 AGI is also very nice for last stand"

soooo.. in situations that aren't serious then, k.

quotes are broken on my part, hence doing it manually
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-24 02:15:39  
what am I looking at
[+]
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-24 02:16:10  
Guys if you use Berserk you die
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-24 02:18:56  
wait, do you mean to tell me that I'm not supposed to be subbing thf?
 Leviathan.Prototyp
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Starkzz
By Leviathan.Prototyp 2012-04-24 02:20:56  
those SA heavy strikes be pretty good dawg
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-04-24 02:22:02  
SA steel cyclone
 Lakshmi.Rearden
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-04-24 02:25:36  
lol warrior sucks

SA Slice son
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 11:41:45  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
In what way does that make it better than Ragnarok?

This, "it allows you to play more aggressively" *** gets old quickly. I and everyone else I play with play as aggressively as possible, and none of us are required to heal ourselves.

I have Rag and Apoc. Saying Apoc just gives healing is just dumb. Its a 167 damage weapon thats easy to 5hit and gives you crazy gear swap potential. Apoc allows you to stack any stat you need and still keep gear haste capped. Rag is a better damage weapon (in the right hands) but Apoc isn't far behind at all and yes the healing can be used to be very very agressive. Worst case I use it to fill my HP to 100% during SE zergs. Best case I'm by myself soloing a NM in neo nyzul.

I would tell any DRK to get Apoc first, its a game changer vs a DD weapon.

As for the thread get Anni esp if you can 99 it.

Thank you for reiterating that Apocalypse is a lesser weapon than Ragnarok unless you're in an imaginary situation where DD are required to heal themselves.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 11:45:31  
whms are hard to find, yo.
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 11:53:47  
Cerberus.Taint said: »
In what way does that make it better than Ragnarok? This, "it allows you to play more aggressively" *** gets old quickly. I and everyone else I play with play as aggressively as possible, and none of us are required to heal ourselves.
I have Rag and Apoc. Saying Apoc just gives healing is just dumb. Its a 167 damage weapon thats easy to 5hit and gives you crazy gear swap potential. Apoc allows you to stack any stat you need and still keep gear haste capped. Rag is a better damage weapon (in the right hands) but Apoc isn't far behind at all and yes the healing can be used to be very very agressive. Worst case I use it to fill my HP to 100% during SE zergs. Best case I'm by myself soloing a NM in neo nyzul. I would tell any DRK to get Apoc first, its a game changer vs a DD weapon. As for the thread get Anni esp if you can 99 it.
Thank you for reiterating that Apocalypse is a lesser weapon than Ragnarok unless you're in an imaginary situation where DD are required to heal themselves.

What imaginary game do you play that everyone always has a pocket WHM following them around?

Apocolypse is an excellent weapon and has some utility.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 11:56:17  
What game are you playing where it's reasonable to spend 100+mil on a weapon for the sole purpose of running around soloing old content?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 12:11:21  
Do you trust every white mage in every pick up group you've ever started/joined? Do you trust every group's ability to trigger NMs?

The fact is not every person that plays is top notch, or always on top of their game. Personally I feel Catastrophe and it's aftermath are pretty nifty. And in the right hands this weapon does not fall that far behind Ragnarok and resolution spam.

Some people feel that the utility and solid output Apocolypse gives them is in fact, worth 100 mil.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 12:16:01  
Your personal feelings are irrelevant. You can play aggressively with or without Apocalypse.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 12:18:41  
Your personal feelings are irrelevant. You can play aggressively with or without Apocalypse.

When did I say you couldn't play aggressive? You are pretty good at taking things out of context.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 12:31:10  
I won't dignify this beaten-to-death *** with people who coincidentally seem to be the only ones that need "pocket WHM" following them around, or whatever trendy and meaningless buzzword getting thrown around.

If you want to maximize your damage output, which is, ya' know, DRK's role for anything, make a Ragnarok. If you want to do less damage while pretending you're your own healer, make an Apocalypse.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 12:33:55  
I won't dignify this beaten-to-death *** with people who coincidentally seem to be the only ones that need "pocket WHM" following them around, or whatever trendy and meaningless buzzword getting thrown around. If you want to maximize your damage output, which is, ya' know, DRK's role for anything, make a Ragnarok. If you want to do less damage while pretending you're your own healer, make an Apocalypse.

Who's pretending? That ***gives you back HP.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:36:02  
If you wanted utility you should have levelled BLU.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 12:37:24  
But what if you're on DRK?
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-24 12:37:44  
Having the ability to heal one's self through a fairly noticeable cut to damage output does not mean you are your own healer.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:38:47  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
But what if you're on DRK?

Play with better mages.