I Have 90 Gandiva, Should I Make Anni?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ranger » I have 90 gandiva, should I make Anni?
I have 90 gandiva, should I make Anni?
 Asura.Hotsoups
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 12:41:22  
lol

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:45:51  
This relavent to all relic vs. whatever vs. Matsuko Deluxe vs. Chic-Fil-A waffle fries threads:

It's okay to say

"I made this weapon when it was the superior option, and I'm not going to backtrack and make another weapon for the same job now. I realize that there is a better option now, but it's still possible to get good performance out of it, and I'm fine with that and satisied with my accomplishment. However, if you're deciding WHICH weapon to make, while this option does have a few utility percs in niche situations which aren't all that important, (other option) pulls decently ahead. If for some reason you have an emotional attachment or whatever to (inferior option), then by all means, it's your time and money investment, and not that you can't get satisfactory performance out of it - but it's going to be inferior most of the time."
 Fenrir.Minjo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 12:51:49  
For the love of imaginary divine superintendents, cosigned.

This is why Taint annoys the everloving ***out of me. I know he's a good player, and I know he made his Apocalypse when the weapon was in its prime, but christ, stop trying to forcibly perpetuate its legacy in an evolving game. Nobody expects you to invest such a large amount of money into making a weapon that will offer an inconsequentially slight improvement in your output, but that doesn't mean you have to shove the lesser weapon down everyone's throats whenever someone utters "DRK".
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:54:21  
Quote:
For the love of imaginary divine superintendents, cosigned.

Great, now this is going to turn into a religion thread! ;)
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-24 12:55:03  
"My ridged math, personal vendetta and limited experience with your job dictate that this is clearly the best for my hyper-localized, time-sensitive perspective. Anything you say, despite your five years of experience with an alternate weapon during various phase changes of the game, is irrelevant."

Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 12:59:21  
Ignoring the fact that you just (correctly) described my position as a rigorously analyzed and adaptive one, I should hope that it isn't necessary to point out that you just pulled the experience card.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 12:59:54  
What the *** is ridged math?
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-24 13:02:32  
Ridged math is math that is short-sighted and doesn't consider variables outside of its scope.

And so what? What about the experience card? I'm sorry, experience goes for a lot in this game. All that math you value so highly draws its roots from experience and conjecture. Experience is a wealth, and your belittling it shows how little you value it, which further proves my point.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-24 13:02:57  
Oh, I see. Wait, no I don't.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 13:04:09  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Ridged math is math that is short-sighted and doesn't consider variables outside of its scope.

And so what? What about the experience card? I'm sorry, experience goes for a lot in this game. All that math you value so highly draws its roots from experience and conjecture. Experience is a wealth, and your belittling it shows how little you value it, which further proves my point.

Bahahaha
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 13:04:21  
Oh, wait, you were serious?

DRK is the same as WAR which is the same as MNK which is the same as NIN which is the same as PUP which is the same as blahblahblah.

It's incredibly funny to have someone that doesn't understand this assert that I have my head up my ***.
By GraddHelian 2012-04-24 13:05:05  
FFXIisHard.jpg
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-24 13:06:48  
You're aware that experience doesn't change math right?
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 13:07:41  
Fenrir.Jinjo said: »

That math sucks because it has ridges.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 13:11:08  
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
For the love of imaginary divine superintendents, cosigned. This is why Taint annoys the everloving ***out of me. I know he's a good player, and I know he made his Apocalypse when the weapon was in its prime, but christ, stop trying to forcibly perpetuate its legacy in an evolving game. Nobody expects you to invest such a large amount of money into making a weapon that will offer an inconsequentially slight improvement in your output, but that doesn't mean you have to shove the lesser weapon down everyone's throats whenever someone utters "DRK".

And your preachings on this subject are futile and getting old as well.

Some people find that the utility outweighs the raw damage. Not everyone finds themselves in a perfect world where you get all teh uber PwNz0r people in your pick up groups, with white mages that don't suck. The ability to self heal in certain situations is found to be more appealing to some.

But hey, personally I'm into doing the most damage and I'm building Ragnarok. But I'd be blind to see that golden scythe's use. And I'm not going to ignore an experienced player's advice who happens to own both weapons either.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 13:12:25  
Bismarck.Sylow said: »

That math sucks because it has ridges.

Not to be confused with having layers.

[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 13:13:39  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
Fenrir.Minjo said: »
For the love of imaginary divine superintendents, cosigned. This is why Taint annoys the everloving ***out of me. I know he's a good player, and I know he made his Apocalypse when the weapon was in its prime, but christ, stop trying to forcibly perpetuate its legacy in an evolving game. Nobody expects you to invest such a large amount of money into making a weapon that will offer an inconsequentially slight improvement in your output, but that doesn't mean you have to shove the lesser weapon down everyone's throats whenever someone utters "DRK".

And your preachings on this subject are futile and getting old as well.

Some people find that the utility outweighs the raw damage. Not everyone finds themselves in a perfect world where you get all teh uber PwNz0r people in your pick up groups, with white mages that don't suck. The ability to self heal in certain situations is found to be more appealing to some.

But hey, personally I'm into doing the most damage and I'm building Ragnarok. But I'd be blind to see that golden scythe's use. And I'm not going to ignore an experienced player's advice who happens to own both weapons either.

Quote:
"I made this weapon when it was the superior option, and I'm not going to backtrack and make another weapon for the same job now. I realize that there is a better option now, but it's still possible to get good performance out of it, and I'm fine with that and satisied with my accomplishment. However, if you're deciding WHICH weapon to make, while this option does have a few utility percs in niche situations which aren't all that important, (other option) pulls decently ahead. If for some reason you have an emotional attachment or whatever to (inferior option), then by all means, it's your time and money investment, and not that you can't get satisfactory performance out of it - but it's going to be inferior most of the time."
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-04-24 13:14:26  
You're aware that experience doesn't change math right?[/quote[quote='Fenrir.Jinjo' pid=1842965]Oh, I see. Wait, no I don't.

Who's claiming that Ragnarok is inferior to Apocolypse in damage? Taint didn't, and neither did anyone else on this thread.
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 13:14:27  
Asura.Hotsoups said: »
And I'm not going to ignore an experienced player's advice who happens to own both weapons either.

1. "Experience" doesn't mean anything

2. Bias
 Cerberus.Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-04-24 13:15:35  
Rigid. It was an improper use of ridged, though I'm sure the inference was accurate.

And Jinjo, math is only as accurate as the one that uses it, and as the variables it takes into account. FFXI's current math paradigm is skewed toward damage over utility, because damage is the only thing that can be properly measured. In the same tune, you can't check how efficient procs in a VW run were by checking a parser. The two are overlapping, and one doesn't even have a scale for measurement. Appropriately, a DDs output(Damage) drops as they try to proc (Utility). It's asinine, and beyond arrogant, to assume you've considered all variables. It's bad math, it's bad science.

Totally serious. I find you to be a total fraud Minjo. You attempt to bully people into your perspective, and ridicule anyone who doesn't play by your rules, is nothing but a reflection of your own ego.

I'm done. Enjoy your circle-jerk.
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 13:16:12  
Basically from what I'm reading in this thread, you can either spend 100+whatevermil on an Apoc, or you can spend 5 minutes finding someone with a brain to be your WHM.
[+]
 Fenrir.Minjo
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-04-24 13:20:51  
Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Totally serious. I find you to be a total fraud Minjo. You attempt to bully people into your perspective, and ridicule anyone who doesn't play by your rules, is nothing but a reflection of your own ego.

There's nothing fraudulent about removing extraneous detail.

If one wishes to show that Apocalypse "has greater utility" than Ragnarok, one needs to prove that there are things that one can do with an Apocalypse that one cannot do with a Ragnarok.

As someone without either weapon who plays incredibly aggressively on paper-thin DD jobs with other incredibly aggressive players who also play on paper-thin DD jobs, I can prove that argument to be entirely invalid.

If you all care to continue flailing your arms in the air screaming "utility!", do so reasonably, otherwise no, you're the one who's "bullying people into an opinion".

We'll keep circle-jerking, you enjoy handling yourself.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-04-24 13:24:57  
so wait....why are you guys discussing drk in the rng forums again?
[+]
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 13:25:21  
Also, people ceep crying about mages in PUGS, but the thing is, at least in VW, I tend to find that WHM is the slot where a "mediocre" player can do the least harm.

Are you people inviting AFK WHMs to your VW alliance?

Don't get me wrong, there's no diminishing the value of a WHM that goes above and beyond, but it almost takes effort to not play the job at "functioning" level.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 13:25:59  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

It's an AH thread, it was bound to be Apoc vs. Rag eventually.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-04-24 13:26:40  
I think it has something to do with people opting for Yoichinoyumi despite Annihilator being superior. Then again, it may not.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2012-04-24 13:26:42  
Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

It's an AH thread, it was bound to be Apoc vs. Rag eventually.

oh...sorry i usually miss those discussions in the aegis vs ochain threads lol.
 Bismarck.Sylow
By Bismarck.Sylow 2012-04-24 13:28:24  
I think it has something to do with people opting for Yoichinoyumi despite Annihilator being superior. Then again, it may not.

It's about the same concept, except Yoichi is much worse in comparison to Annih than Apoc is to Rag.
 Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Dawnn
By Quetzalcoatl.Dawnn 2012-04-24 13:28:25  
Are you people inviting AFK WHMs to your VW alliance?

Some of the things I have seen on quetz... pretty much yes and it's irritating as hell