言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 253 254 255
By Boshi 2018-07-19 13:04:58  
Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
Most of the time I only use shun when I'm solo w/ just fury or just mins otherwise it feels kind of ***I only ever notice ten not being garbage when max buffs and even then its still sharing a set w/ metsu so its probably not optimized enough but its so close to metsu I normally just spam that for SCs. Both of them ive seen spike up in mid 30s w/ assuming TA/QA proc

That's because you need to change mainhand to Heishi.
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2018-07-19 14:26:20  
]
[+]
By hushmunkey 2018-07-23 05:48:24  
Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
Most of the time I only use shun when I'm solo w/ just fury or just mins otherwise it feels kind of ***I only ever notice ten not being garbage when max buffs and even then its still sharing a set w/ metsu so its probably not optimized enough but its so close to metsu I normally just spam that for SCs. Both of them ive seen spike up in mid 30s w/ assuming TA/QA proc

If you're doing ten it should be from relatively high tp or with Heishi. Ten already has high ftp, and is coupled with low and mixed stat mods, so it's not going to benefit much from a lot of DEX and/or multi - hit (which WOULD be optimal for metsu/shun). For ten you want to prioritize wsd, then str for higher fstr.

Depending on your weapon the biggest bonus to doing metsu or shun would be for SC properties
 Asura.Sechs
サーバ: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-26 18:15:10  
For magical WSs, Nuking Cape (INT+30, Mac/Mdmg +20, Mab+10) vs WSD 10% cape, what's gonna win?
On Blade: Chi (2 hits) I guess the former would win, but on 1hit WS? Leaning on the latter.

Also Hachiya +3 head (WSD+10%) vs Aug Herc head (total -1 INT, -9% WSD, +35 Mab).
What's gonna win?

Last, Gyve legs (mab+40, INT+35) vs Hizamaru+2 (INT+24, WSD+7%)
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-07-26 18:40:28  
Also relic +3 legs as an option with +42 INT/WSD +10. Has the ACC/MACC +39 as well.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-26 22:00:32  
A STR/WSD cape wrecks a nuking cape for hybrid WS.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 01:23:53  
Siren.Kyte said: »
A STR/WSD cape wrecks a nuking cape for hybrid WS.
Please give me more details on this!
Are you comparing it to stuff like Ifrit's Flaming Crush?
Is the basic damage of stuff like Blade: Chi calculated using the damage from a first, physical hit?
Do you mean that for stuff like Blade: Chi the gearing paradygms should take into account both magical and physical stats?

Or did you simply mean that STR is one of the two mods of these WSs?

They get listed as "Hybrid" on BG-Wiki but other than Blade: Chi I've always felt like Teki and To are simply magical WSs.

I'd be happy to see more sets for these WS other than the one posted on first page (btw, DEX/INT is listed there instead of STR/INT, if someone wants to fix this small error!)
Atm my set is very similar to that, I'm using:

Head: Hachiya +3
Body: Samnuha Coat
Hands: Leyline Gloves
Legs: Gyve Trousers
Feet: Hachiya +3
Ammo: Seething+1
Neck: Sanctity Necklace
Ear1: Friomisi
Ear2: Moonshade
Ring1: Acumen
Ring2: Dingir
Back: Nuke cape (INT+30, MAcc/MDMG +20, Mab+10)
Waist: Eschan Stone

As mentioned above, I'm pondering about other options I have available but I have no means to tell if they will be better than what I'm currently using.
Head: Herculean (INT+10, Mab+25, WSD+1%)
Legs: Hizamaru+2
Feet: Herculean (INT+10, Mab+25)
Back: STR+30, Acc/Att+20, WSD+10%
By Boshi 2018-07-27 01:30:04  
in general wsd10 is better than matt10 for that slot. Could make a magical ws specific cape I see a lot of ppl do this for a.edge on thf for example.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-07-27 01:42:04  
Asura.Sechs said: »
I'd be happy to see more sets for these WS other than the one posted on first page (btw, DEX/INT is listed there instead of STR/INT, if someone wants to fix this small error!)

Because that set is only for magical WS. Like Blade: Yu and Aeolian Edge. Not a Hybrid WS. (Which until I know the exact math I wasn't too inclined to build a set for it on the front page.)

:)
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-27 01:45:15  
Blade Yu (edit: and Blade: Ei- I consistently forget that WS even exists) is absolutely the only pure magic WS that katana has, as anyone that plays ninja and pays attention can easily confirm through simple anecdotal evidence.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 01:57:13  
Then I'm completely clueless. Was it discussed in this thread? Did anybody posted some examples of builds for Hybrid WSs?
 Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster
By Quetzalcoatl.Beaztmaster 2018-07-27 01:59:25  
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Asura.Sechs said: »

Because that set is only for magical WS. Like Blade: Yu and Aeolian Edge. Not a Hybrid WS. Still looking at other options, but for now this is a good place to start if you need one:

ItemSet 360244

:)

:D
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 02:14:37  
wut
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-07-27 02:17:58  
lol that's just Bzt, though a surprising lack of dawn mulsums in that set.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/113/#3350389

Is where it was 'asked' and a small discussion on it follows. (Very small discussion).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 02:52:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
lol that's just Bzt, though a surprising lack of dawn mulsums in that set.

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/113/#3350389

Is where it was 'asked' and a small discussion on it follows. (Very small discussion).
Allright thanks Langly!
Gonna swap my set to the following then, suggestions very much welcome, other than the obvious INT/MAB/WSD Herc which I have no time/gil/will to farm, for now at least, let's see if I change my mind in the future.

ItemSet 360245
INT+10 Mab+25 on Herc Feet.
STR+30, Acc/Att+20, WSD+10 on cape.

Might be a bit low on physical accuracy, need to check carefully and compare it to my other sets.
Hizamaru+2 body could be an alternative to Samnuha? Way more STR and Acc/Att, same INT but no Mab/Macc.

Would Hachiya+3 be better on feet? +10 INT, more STR, more macc, more acc (set bonus), slightly less mab.
By mhomho 2018-07-27 03:04:18  
Why Hiza. Hizayoroi +2 over Mochizuki Hakama +3?
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 03:14:51  
Because I do own Hizamaru Hizayoroi +2 but I don't own a Mochizuki Hakama +3, yet.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 10:26:56  
Initial discussion started here with Blade: To
Hybrid discussions

NIN's Hybrid WS are built functionally the same as Tachi: Jinpu, just slightly stronger potential because it has two attribute modifiers vs Jinpu's one

Quote:
Sets with a mixture of STR, WSD and MaB are the way to go here. We did exhaustive testing with pure STR and WSD versus MaB and the results were consistently better with an amalgamation of both.

Fotia Belt and Gorget are returning some surprisingly good results.

Hachirin-no-Obi with Windstorm I (or better II) does affect Jinpu's damage. Recommend using it over Fotia Belt when you have the effect up.

Jinpu responds EXTREMELY WELL, like crazy well, to Fighter's Roll (Double Attack). If you have a Geomancer flooring the target's physical defense consider using Samurai/Fighters for your COR rolls. We went from seeing occasional 60-70k Jinpu to very frequent 60-70k Jinpu which, compared against the 35-40k low-end clearly indicated a Double Attack proc. 99999 Jinpu was clearly a Quad. Attack proc from Niqmaddu Ring since Saevel's set didn't have Triple Attack in it.

On that note, can someone with an AG Koga do a side-by-side comparison? TP Bonus from the Dojikiri might put it on equal footing but AM3 on Koga could... could tip the scales in its favor.

Stacking Malaise and Frailty does evil ***to Jinpu. It's very similar to Flaming Crush in that regard.

You can do str/int, MAB, wsd on Herc feet, which would generally beat hachiya+3 feet. Mine has wsd+5, mab+23, so it's pretty good for hybrids. Baetyl Pendant can replace Sanctity if you have it. The Leyline hands likely beat Herc hands unless you happen to have been really lucky with MAB+WSD, in which case, the latter wins (there's a DM campaign coming up soon).
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 11:19:03  
Thanks for the link, gonna delve deep in it later.
Got any suggestions for the set I posted above?

Other than the obvious BiS augmented Herc in the feet slot, which I don't have atm.

Confused on what I should do for the Neck and Waist slots.
Fotia x2? Sanctity/Engraved?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 11:40:23  
Neck: Sanctity works, can replace with Baetyl Pendant.

Perhaps JSE neck+2 augments include some macc/mab, which would make it amazingly BIS, though you can get away with using Fotia since Saevel/Ruau confirmed they were doing well.

Waist: Engraved Belt looks BIS, same as above wit Fotia (might be very close). For weather, you could use Obi when getting stormII, since hybrid benefits from that.

Like Langy said, there is really not a whole lot of in-depth information on how exactly Hybrid WSs work, just a whole lot of eyeball testing and discussion. It's not something that a Spreadsheet may be able to determine since the way it is calculated is complicated. On the link I posted above, a guy claimed to have done extensive research on it and figured out how it works, but nearly no guides have BIS Hybrid WS sets for any of the jobs, mostly because its not readily understood that clearly.

You could play around with Fotia/MAB neck/obi etc and see what you get, but since there's a magical and physical component to Hybrid WSs, it's nearly impossible to determine which stat is more potent for which part of the WS, and where you are getting the most benefit from.

You're always safe with things like Fotia and Engraved (raw attributes) though, since we know that is a consistent value being applied. The MAB/Storm discussion really confuses me because clearly those stats/pieces would only apply to the magical portion of the WS, whereas raw stats from fotia/engraved would likely affect both components. This is the exact reason why I prefer using Herculean Hands/Feet with [WSD]+[STR/INT]+MAB over things like Hachiya Kyahan +3, since I know the WSD and attributes will always apply to every hit in the hybrid and it just seems like the "safer" option.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-27 11:40:41  
If it's a hybrid ws, fotia (obi storm etc)
[+]
By Bahadir 2018-07-27 12:50:09  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Like Langy said, there is really not a whole lot of in-depth information on how exactly Hybrid WSs work, just a whole lot of eyeball testing and discussion. It's not something that a Spreadsheet may be able to determine since the way it is calculated is complicated. On the link I posted above, a guy claimed to have done extensive research on it and figured out how it works, but nearly no guides have BIS Hybrid WS sets for any of the jobs, mostly because its not readily understood that clearly.
Well, I did a lot of tests a while ago with numbers given in the post that confirm all my findings. I gave a pretty exact formula how Blade: To is calculated with short tests suggesting that Blade: Chi works the same.
I concede the point that I didnt test whether "all" hybrid WS work exactly the same (and I didnt check fTP values for Chi), but I explained how Blade: To works in detail.

Here is the post:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/49614/blade-chi-damage-formula/2/#3171538
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-07-27 12:58:59  
I respect it. Its good stuff. I didn't mean to sound abrasive and skeptical, though. I was more inferring to the part about the lack of "Hybrid WS" gear sets because the understanding of how hybrids work isn't totally universally accepted and documented. Not that your information was not accurate.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 18:40:57  
What's the deal with Teki, To and Chi btw?
Without any buff at all (not even trusts) and with the set I posted above, I went to Morimar Basalt Fields HP #1 and tested the 3 WSs for like 20 mins on the Matamatas.
Results were pretty much the same aside a couple of lower numbers which I assumed were caused by misses.

To was hitting for ~13000
Teki was hitting for ~6000
Chi was hitting for ~17500

All WSs were used at ~1000TP or slightly above, numbers were pretty consistant. Granted my sample is super small. I dunno like 20 WS each maybe.

I was imagining all three WSs to be closer to each other. As it stands now it seems Chi is the best of the 3, by far, with a pretty huge difference compared to Teki.

Anybody mind explaining to me what are the factors at play here?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-27 18:53:00  
Chi is 2(3) hits, teki and to are single(2) hit (offhands)

likely ice weather (to)
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2018-07-27 18:53:23  
*Matamata take reduced water damage (-25%), so Teki will obviously perform poorly on them.

*Blade: Chi has an extra physical hit
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2018-07-27 19:00:05  
Thanks for the explanation.
Anyway, considering how my WS set is nice but not BiS and considering I was lacking any type of buff, I can indeed confirm these 3 WSs are pretty powerful. Surprised by those numbers with exactely zero buffs :o
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-07-27 19:05:39  
Not exactly unknown, hybrid ws became pretty damn powerful. When Jinpu was all the rage people were doing the nin ws too, but all the interest in them pretty much evaporated.\

Hotshot is still superbroken too (the most broken*)
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2018-07-27 19:47:35  
Sechs you need to understand how Hybrid WS's work, Wiki is very wrong and something like 90% of the population doesn't understand them.

Hybrid WS's are two separate WS's that are added together to form the final damage. The first WS's total damage is used as the base DMG of the second.

Blade: Chi
First WS is physical with 2+1 hits, meaning both hits on the main hand with a bonus hit from the off hand and any extra hits from Multi-Attack. All hits are at a 1.0 fTP, gorgets add to the first hit only, WSD is applied on the first hit and WSC is treated like normal.

Second WS is magic and use's the total damage of the first WS as it's base damage, the fTP multiplier from TP is used here and seems to be around (0.5/1.5/2.5), this makes TP Bonus ridiculously good. Magic DMG is added after the fTP then you multiply by mDiff, weather bonus and so forth like all the other magic WS.

Both are added together and WSD is applied to the entire thing. Yes this means WSD gets applied twice, once to the first hit of the physical component and again to the entire thing.

Using this model I've been able to accurately predict all three hybrids for NIN on level 0 and apex monsters. You can actually get you first hits damage by just WSing level 0 mobs because the first hit is going to kill them resulting in 0 magic damage being done. Get with me in game if you want me to walk you thought all this, it's not well known and lots of bad info going around about it cause reasons.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 115 116 117 ... 253 254 255