The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 253 254 255
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-01-22 17:52:03  
Bismarck.Gippali said: »
Who gives a ***about Kamu dps when you get a free raise?!?!?!

Real Nagi bros care about Mijin Gakure damage too, yo. It's not just Kamu, where those sweet HP/Macc Mijin sets at?

Anyone have advice on my below set to maximize explosion DPS (don't forget the ammo/legs for JA enhancement)??? Did anyone ever determine whether MAB helps?
ItemSet 364637

THE NINJA COMMUNITY NEEDS TO FOCUS ON WHAT'S REALLY IMPORTANT THIS YEAR. Metsu was bestu, but in 2019... Mijin is in.

***SPOILER*** PRO NINJAS FOLLOW THESE SIX SIMPLE STEPS:
(1) Swap into your HP/Macc MIJIN GEARZ and make a healer top your HP off. Make sure your GEO has Focus/Langour on to reduce resists.
(2) Mijin with your badass Nagi.
(3) Accept raise (that raise just cost you no items and no spells, don't you feel powerful?!)
(4) Make your COR Wild Card.
(5) Mijin A SECOND TIME for Maximum Damage !!!
(6) Raise again FOR FREEEEEE and bask in your ultimate ninja glory.

I like to do this in Reisenjima then have me and the COR pop Super Reraisers to do it all over again for FOUR EXPLOSIONS. Sometimes I even come with a NIN CORx5 party and just explode non-stop until everything is dead and burned. But I realize I'm pretty elite, and not everyone can match that kind of swagger.

Anyway, once you're done that mob is gonna have like, thousands less HP. Don't worry about missing buffs once you're finished blowing up all over the mobs' faces, your DPS from all those chain explosions more than makes up for it. Besides, the COR/BRD/healers don't have anything more important to do than to re-buff you. You're the focal point of any party you join because nobody knows when you might just BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM and blow up all over that mob. You're the boss.

All I can say is enjoy it now, because it's really a bit OP. Mijin Gakure is obviously going to overrun the meta this year, so I predict a nerf is incoming any month now. Hope you already made some good progress on mythic, because on my server the price of Alex already went up like 5x from all the people jumping on the Nagi bandwagon.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2019-01-22 18:04:36  
I swear to god I'm going to turn this car around and go home.
[+]
 Asura.Snapster
サーバ: Asura
user: Mojopojo
By Asura.Snapster 2019-01-22 18:10:13  
It was the secret to beating AV
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-01-22 18:25:47  
Right Ring to Meridian Ring HP+90
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-01-22 18:35:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
I swear to god I'm going to turn this car around and go home.

Careful, if you upset Capuchin he might...explode.
[+]
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
サーバ: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2019-01-22 21:28:59  
Poor NIN, it's probably the only job that, instead of RAME weapons, it has MEME weapons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-01-22 23:38:21  
Ehhhhn I still love my blue glowing mini sickle, I knew what I was getting into when I started it awhile ago.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-01-23 04:37:58  
Bahamut.Alexcennah said: »
Poor NIN, it's probably the only job that, instead of RAME weapons, it has MEME weapons.
Get back to work on your utsusemi enmity thing instead of dropping aphoristical lines! /whip
>:D >:D >:D
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Pukkaup
サーバ: Shiva
user: robertlee
By Shiva.Pukkaup 2019-01-28 05:15:28  
hey does anyone have a decant blade Shun set mine is currently

sets.exported={
main="Heishi Shorinken",
sub={ name="Kanaria", augments={'"Triple Atk."+2','DEX+2','Accuracy+13','Attack+19','DMG:+14',}},
ammo="Togakushi Shuriken",
head="Ken. Jinpachi",
body={ name="Adhemar Jacket", augments={'STR+10','DEX+10','Attack+15',}},
hands="Ken. Tekko",
legs="Mummu Kecks +1",
feet="Ken. Sune-Ate",
neck="Fotia Gorget",
waist="Fotia Belt",
left_ear="Mache Earring +1",
right_ear="Mache Earring +1",
left_ring="Ilabrat Ring",
right_ring="Regal Ring",
back={ name="Andartia's Mantle", augments={'DEX+20','Accuracy+20 Attack+20','"Dbl.Atk."+10','Damage taken-5%',}},
}

but i feel it could be better.
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-01-28 05:33:25  
Simple upgrades that don't involve HQ stuff:
-Moonshade TP bonus earring
-Lugra earring +1
-Slapping another +10 DEX on your cape
-Switching to Samnuha tights or Jokushu haidate
-Seething +1 or Jukukik feather in ammo slot
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2019-01-28 08:49:34  
ItemSet 364764
This is what I'm using for shun atm, gorget prob still beats neck but I just changed it for every WS set in GS.

Only using byakko's because the stupid amount of DEX but samnuha may be the same or better, havent spreadsheeted.

Cape is 30DEX att/acc/DA
adhemar all ACC path except head is att path
Kanaria DEX14 att/acc 14 and 16, WSD 2%

Thought about switching epona's into one of the ring slots but my heart feels better about the DEX
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-01-28 09:47:33  
Set is on the front page. Think it's still relevant in most spots

Leviathan.Kincard said: »
Blade: Shun
Blade: Shun 06/2017

Stat Mod: DEX73~85
TP Mod: 1000 - 0%Atk, 2000 - 100%Atk, 3000 - 200%Atk
Skillchain: Light / Fusion / Impaction

ItemSet 344600

Andartia's Mantle: DEX/Acc/Attk/DA
Alternates: Moonshade Earring Brutal Earring
Gavialis Helm
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-02-08 01:09:49  
So as a new mainhand for nonREMA, the Ambu katana has higher base damage than a maximum kanaria. (148 vs 127+20)

And while Ku is pretty mediocre with REMA, could be decent with the kaja katana.

Quote:
DMG:148 Delay:227 DEX+10 AGI+10 INT+10 Accuracy+35 Attack+25 Ranged Accuracy+35 Magic Accuracy+35 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+13 Magic Damage +217 Katana skill +242 Parrying skill +242 Magic Accuracy skill +242 Main hand: "Blade: Ku" "Blade: Ku" damage +60%
 Asura.Veikur
By Asura.Veikur 2019-02-08 01:37:19  
9.45/13.2 fTP depending on how the WSDMG applies, @6 hits.

30 STR/DEX isn't great, but that doesn't stop Ten from being used.

Gravitation plays nice with DNC if you want a subtle blow composition.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2019-02-08 03:55:36  
How does it fare as an offhand compared to Perf Ochu and Average Kanaria?
Looks good to me, but probably not better than those two I mentioned.

Still if I recall there is one more upgrade for these weapons, right? It might become interesting.

Regardless of that, still pretty good option for main and/or off for anybody without REMA

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2019-02-08 04:26:42  
Asura.Veikur said: »
9.45/13.2 fTP depending on how the WSDMG applies, @6 hits.

30 STR/DEX isn't great, but that doesn't stop Ten from being used.

Gravitation plays nice with DNC if you want a subtle blow composition.

Should be competitive with Aeonic :Ten at 1000TP, but at higher TP :Ten will easily win.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-15 08:58:44  
How's Kaja Sword look for NIN and Savage Blade spam? NIN WS kinda bug me in how random they are. Like Hi can get huge if it crits but when it doesn't...
By SimonSes 2019-02-15 10:13:58  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
How's Kaja Sword look for NIN and Savage Blade spam? NIN WS kinda bug me in how random they are. Like Hi can get huge if it crits but when it doesn't...

Have you heard about Blade: Ten? >.>

Savage blade with Kaja is not even close to Blade: Ten with Aeonic.

Even Blade: Metsu is better at 1000TP. The only way to make Kaja sword competitive would be using TP bonus katana in offhand, but that would still be worse than Blade: Ten with Aeonic/TPBonus.

If anything you should consider Kaja Katana. It's actually competitive when doing WS near 1000TP.

Blade: Ten with Aeonic has 16.31 fTP at 1000TP (including moonshade and 57%WSD).
Blade: Ku with Kaja Katana has 13.92 fTP at 1000TP, but you don't build for WSD, so you can have more WSC and multi-attack and with MA proc fTP can go up to 18.56.

Another possibility is Kaja knife, which is slightly behind Blade: Ku fTP and have different modifier, which is actually hard to compare (30% STR/DEX vs 50% DEX) without making specific sets and I don't have time for this now. Evisceration should make up that fTP loss with crits tho, especially that NIN has access to Kendatsuba, which beside not having attack, is perfect set for crit WS with DEX modifier.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2019-02-15 12:29:14  
57% WSD, hmm, think I see my problem. No Aeonic yet though, just Kikoku. Will see how my WSes are after I get better gear for NIN.
 Ramuh.Austar
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2019-02-15 18:05:26  
anyone have a link to the shun attack increase testing?
By SimonSes 2019-02-16 10:22:25  
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
57% WSD, hmm, think I see my problem. No Aeonic yet though, just Kikoku. Will see how my WSes are after I get better gear for NIN.

Just for info that 57% includes:
AF+3 head 10%
AF2+3 legs 10%
Cape 10%
Herc body/hands/feet 3x5%
Epaminonda's ring 5%
Ishvara earring 2%
1200 JP bonus 5%

You can still get more with DM augments and Karieyh Ring +1 if you have it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2019-02-17 14:12:29  
Ramuh.Austar said: »
anyone have a link to the shun attack increase testing?

While I don't have a link to any testing (And what I did find is merely linking to the JP wiki with no link to testing) I do... somewhat rememeber .... gdiShun? No... Bahadir? I don't remember, testing and concluding it fell in line with what was posted to the JP wiki.

Edit:
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33470/the-sealed-dagger-a-ninja-guide/38#2771043

http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/25610.html
 Carbuncle.Lunatone
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: lunamars
By Carbuncle.Lunatone 2019-02-18 08:21:21  
Has anyone played around with double damage fudo masa/mochi? My heart tells me to pick that path

Getting 4261.9 DPS Path A
4459.1 Path B
But I see alot of people claiming ODD/T is either over or underestimated so I'm a little torn
By mhomho 2019-02-18 13:08:53  
Lunatone, I ranked 15'd Kikoku.....

:[

[+]
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2019-02-18 13:20:48  
Should have done Soggy-Nagi first! At like R5 with mine since I'm finishing up Spharai first -_-
 Phoenix.Capuchin
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2019-02-18 13:34:48  
Carbuncle.Lunatone said: »
Has anyone played around with double damage fudo masa/mochi? My heart tells me to pick that path

Why pay that much for a cut rate empy when the real thing is in the same ballpark price-wise? Even if people are undervaluing ODD/ODT, Kannagi is always going to be better (and I’m not even gonna start yet another conversation about people not giving Kannagi enough credit).

Yeah, Fudo A also gets some STP that empy doesn’t, but that’s also not as valuable for Fudo (where you’d tend to spam Shun)as it would be with something like Aeonic/Ten.

Fudo atk+ (or high acc/racc) doesn’t need to be considered either, since if you’re uncapped you can still get all of that benefit by offhanding any path Fudo with a stronger RMEA mainhand.

Even more glaring when Fudo (or Mochizuki) C path is an absolutely stellar tanking mainhand with unique value, versus A path being a Kannagi -1. The tanking version is somewhat niche, sure - but it’s BiS stuff for that application. Hell, I’d even value the B pah divergence weapon (Subtle Blow II and follow up attack path) more than A path, since that provides an actual unique benefit for lowman low TP feed setups, if you ever play that style that NIN is fairly well suited for.
By Taint 2019-02-18 13:50:46  
mhomho said: »
Lunatone, I ranked 15'd Kikoku.....

:[

Kikoku r15 is crazy fun. Going to make a TP bonus offhand to mow down fodder.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 140 141 142 ... 253 254 255