Attention All Gungnir Owners And Non-Gungnir Owners

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Phoenix.Icemn
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2012-11-26 20:33:28  
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
Go here, login and Like the OP. It is at 48 Likes at the moment and rising. Hopefully, with more Likes it will receive a development team response. This issue needs to be dealt with conclusively.

Thank you.
Stop trying to get out of finishing your Ryunohige ;p

Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi said: »
Yeah because Blade: Metsu is such a great weapon skill, and the Subtle Blow aftermath is not totally useless now...

Welcome to the club!
The ~3 nagi owners would like a word with you about who has the worst weapon, but they instead committed majin gakure and decided to not reraise.
NIN on my server has relic Katana, he does really well with it..granted it's all from his DPS but I've seen him parse rather well as NIN. He claims it's because of the relic so why people are down rating the katana is unclear to me, but I don't play NIN this is just observation and what he's told me.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:33:35  
As long as accuracy isn't an issue, I really don't think Herja's is that far behind Gungnir.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-26 20:35:24  
The aftermath for the club and staff ws are still better than shockspikes. Give gugnir a refresh aftermath and it would be an improvement for drg/mage solo. Regardless of what happens, ima get a gugnir @.@
 Fenrir.Curty
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-26 20:36:14  
18 damage and Relic Hidden Effect vs Quad attack+3% Stp+5 isn't exactly a close call, but also it's not like Herja's is a joke to get anyhow.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:36:20  
Relic aftermath is a pretty moot point when it's ephemeral and attached to a weaponskill you don't want to use.
[+]
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2012-11-26 20:36:48  
Thought Night put Herja's above 95 Gungnir but slightly behind 99 in some drg thread.

Will have to dig for it in a bit if I remember.
[+]
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-11-26 20:37:40  
pretty sure thats the whole point? why not make the ws usable and the aftermath... not shockspikes?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-11-26 20:39:21  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Relic aftermath is a pretty moot point when it's ephemeral and attached to a weaponskill you don't want to use.
Think he meant the super hits.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 20:39:52  
That's exactly the problem... The Aftermath is not good enough to warrant using the weapon skill and the weapon skill isn't good enough to warrant having the aftermath. Something has to change. Look at other aftermaths or weapon skills and decide if Gungnir isn't as bad as people are suggesting. I'll take enmity down on Ranger anyday when I actually care about pulling hate. I'm sure all the Dark Knights are loving their Resolution with Ragnarok, too.

Gungnir? Well, the damage is nice. But they're using their merit weapon skill because neither the aftermath or the weapon skill is worth using.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-26 20:39:53  
Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
Think he meant the super hits.

He was responding the Mtmoogle, not me :)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:39:54  
I was responding to the person before Curty.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2012-11-26 20:40:46  
Ah. My bad. :<
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:41:49  
It's a small subset of relics where you'd actually want to use the WS most of the time.

Aftermath is basically never worth activating for relics if you're not using the WS anyway because the duration is so bad.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-26 20:42:01  
I have a name ;________________________________;
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:42:32  
Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
I have a name ;________________________________;

Scrolling up is hard.
[+]
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-11-26 20:42:51  
But I like using KoR to get the equivalent of an ungeared Cure II in slow motion! FREE HITPOINTS, YO.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 20:43:14  
We're overlooking one pretty important point, though: loldrg.
[+]
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-26 20:45:04  
Aeyela said: »

I can agree with this. Mythic or gtfo. Unless you have 5/5 angon and augmented hands then maybe you can stay... but only if I'm on rng.
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-26 20:46:40  
Fenrir.Curty said: »
If you think Herja's Fork comes close to 99 Gungnir in damage output, please quit dragoon.

Oh, you!

Of course not. But considering Gungnir costs 100m or 2 hours of your day for a couple of months, it shows how 'relatively' 'not as great' it is.

Isn't somethings worth subjective?

Try explaining the worth of Ryunohige/Gungnir to your Mother or Father. I'd love to hear what they think!
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-26 20:48:34  
My point was that all other relic aftermaths have some relationship with the jobs that use them but drg and shockspikes really don't go together.
And drg ftw
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:49:39  

I can agree with this. Mythic or gtfo. Unless you have 5/5 angon and augmented hands then maybe you can stay... but only if I'm on rng.

Which is the main reason Gungnir is bad.

Most of the other weapons give you additional options, playstyle expansions, or otherwise tweak how effective you are in roles which you are already capable of performing effectively.

Staff, Bow, and Sword are the exceptions. Even club opens up doors for WHM in low-man content.

Gungnir is 200m to suck slightly less at the job that people are inviting you for.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 20:50:37  
Lye said: »

Try explaining the worth of Ryunohige/Gungnir to your Mother or Father. I'd love to hear what they think!

If I told my mum and dad that something cost 5x 750k, 15x 550k, 62x 750k, 100x 750k (Lakshmi prices for the Annihilator I'm working on) the following outcomes would occur:

Dad: So that costs you 133,500,000 of your ingame currency.
Mum: {Some random crap because she's hopeless at maths}.

My point is currency have prices and are bought with gil. The worth is therefore not subjective, but actually that of your server's going rates. A Gungnir on Lakshmi would cost you about 100m if you borrowed the last 30s. How you go about getting that 100m is your business but that's how much it would cost to buy.
 Odin.Eikechi
サーバ: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-11-26 20:50:59  
Did everybody just forget that Drg was used for a LOT of solo play as /whm or /rdm? Hence the need for shock spikes. Not the BEST reason for the aftermath, but the ***was still useful back when the weapon was implemented...
 Asura.Fondue
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2012-11-26 20:51:10  
bow is pretty game changing for sam in mul
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-26 20:51:55  
If you think Herja's Fork comes close to 99 Gungnir in damage output, please quit dragoon.
Actually, last time I ran the spreadsheet numbers, Herja's came within 5%'ish dps of 99 gungnir.

On that note, yes, Gungnir needs a buff. It's a sad lonely weapon.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:52:30  
Asura.Fondue said: »

Then Gungnir falls another slot.
 Bismarck.Kelhor
Administrator
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rooks
By Bismarck.Kelhor 2012-11-26 20:52:34  
Staff, Bow, and Sword are the exceptions. Even club opens up doors for WHM in low-man content.

I realize I'm pretty biased, but Excalibur is actually very nice for lowman. You can turtle up and still do damage, even on hard targets, and it's a very nice weapon for Requiescat.

I'm not saying it's Ragnarok, but it's not that bad.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 20:53:02  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Did everybody just forget that Drg was used for a LOT of solo play as /whm or /rdm? Hence the need for shock spikes. Not the BEST reason for the aftermath, but the ***was still useful back when the weapon was implemented...

But how often does Stun actually kick on anything EM or higher? Dragoon's soloing something for shock spikes to be worthwhile would be soloing something that the stun doesn't kick in all that often. As far as I know Gungnir's spikes are not a more powerful version, but I stand to be corrected on that if it's not the case.
 Fenrir.Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2012-11-26 20:53:23  
Asura.Fondue said: »

I dont do legion enough but why is this. Not first time someone has said this and makes me want to make one :)
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-26 20:53:53  
Lye said: »

If I told my mum and dad that something cost 5x 750k, 15x 550k, 62x 750k, 100x 750k (Lakshmi prices for the Annihilator I'm working on) the following outcomes would occur:

Dad: So that costs you 133,500,000 of your ingame currency.
Mum: {Some random crap because she's hopeless at maths}.

My point is currency have prices and are bought with gil. The worth is therefore not subjective, but actually that of your server's going rates.

No. If for no other reason than gil is worth more to some than others.

Example: Gil isn't worth anything to your Mother or Father regardless of their math skills.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7