Attention All Gungnir Owners And Non-Gungnir Owners

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-29 21:08:14  
Cerberus.Sephrin said: »
Hmmm... I don't know about investing 450M into Ryu.
If you should be so lucky as to get 15k alex so that it ONLY costs 450m then do it...
By Ophannus 2012-11-30 08:09:41  
Most of the relic aftermaths make sense. Subtle Blow fits in line with MNK and NIN, Crit makes sense for Mandau/Ragnarok. Shock Spikes is such an out-of-the-blue ability aftermath, I just can't figure out how it was intended to be used properly and their justification for it being so *** weak. Makes me feel like SE actually doesn't give a ***about DRG. I remember when TOAU came out these 3 earrings were implemented

Haten Earring
Priest's Earring
Chaotic Earring

I know these earrings are useless but it's important to consider that one was added to correspond to Holy Circle, Arcane Circle, and Warding Circle but no corresponding earring for Ancient Circle-like SE just doesn't care/give a ***about DRG until very recently.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-30 08:15:11  
Heh, it's funny to think that Haten earring can be used most of the time now.
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-30 08:51:46  
Drg used to be the solo job I remember mostly soloing 1-75 I had the best time shock spikes would have helped a bunch obviously now its rather weak. I just dont think ot warrants an upgrade to gungnir like I said before id rather see drg get other things rather than an upgrade to an AM that a rather small group of people will benfit from. I for one once I finish upgrading it will be happy with it.
By Ophannus 2012-11-30 09:01:37  
DRG wasnt designed to be a solo job, no jobs were; bst soloing is a product of player and community reactions. I doubt a 16 damage shock spikes that procs stun 5% of the time made soloing at 75 any easier. If anything, you could simply sub BLM and get the far superior Ice Spikes. Besides 99% of the time, if you had Gungnir at 75, there wasn't really much reason left to solo.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-30 09:24:51  
Empathy it to your wyvern and you can effectively double his damage output.
 Diabolos.Yugl
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-11-30 19:48:33  
Ophannus said: »
Most of the relic aftermaths make sense. Subtle Blow fits in line with MNK and NIN, Crit makes sense for Mandau/Ragnarok.

Lol? Critical hit rate makes sense for a weapon whose only critical hit WS is obtained at LV9 for DRK? Yeah ok.

Shock Spikes makes sense from a lore perspective since tridents (Hint: Look at Gungnir) are associated with lightning. DRG seems to follow this lore as well given the color of AF, ACC Bonus traits, Critical Defense Traits (Resistance to thunder based offenses), and other assets.
 Ragnarok.Amador
user: Amador
By Ragnarok.Amador 2012-12-01 16:20:21  
Ophannus ftw.
By Ophannus 2012-12-02 14:26:50  
Quote:
Lol? Critical hit rate makes sense for a weapon whose only critical hit WS is obtained at LV9 for DRK? Yeah ok.

Yeah, especially during zerg situations when DRKs are swinging like mad between weapon skills.

Quote:
Shock Spikes makes sense from a lore perspective since tridents (Hint: Look at Gungnir) are associated with lightning. DRG seems to follow this lore as well given the color of AF, ACC Bonus traits, Critical Defense Traits (Resistance to thunder based offenses), and other assets.

Gungnir, lore-wise was a spear not a trident. If anything Tridents are associated with water/oceans(see: Neptune/Poseidon). Gungnir wasn't really associated with lightning. I did a quick google search and found very, very little correlating Gungnir or Odin to lightning. Perhaps you're thinking of Thor/Mjollnir which are highly associated with lightning. I'll admit Accuracy and DEX are associated with Lightning, but the color of AF is fan service from older FF games(where DRGs were chiefly based on Wind i.e Jump doing wind damage). Critical Defense Bonus is earth based so if you're going to say DRGs are associated with Lightning because of Accuracy Bonuses then go on to say DRG is associated with Lightning because of Critical Defense Bonus which is associated with the antithesis of Earth--Lightning, then you could say DRG is associated with Fire since DRG has Attack Bonus. Also it's interesting that Critical Defense Bonus has an Earth elemental icon but Attack Bonus doesn't have a Fire elemental icon. I know STR=Fire and Attack~STR, but defense is related to earth so shouldn't attack bonus technically have a green icon(since you're associating Critical Defense Bonus being Earth Based and overcomes Critical Hit rate associated with Thunder.)

All that aside even if Gungnir WAS related to thunder or lightning(it's not) they could easily alter it to Enthunder which makes more sense. Just instead of it dealing actual thunder elemental damage, make it exactly like Excalibur's proc where it's non elemental damage based on HP, but change the animation to an enthunder and change the Damage Varies with HP to Damage varies with Wyvern HP, so we get a X% chance to proc 25% of the wyvern's current HP.
By Ophannus 2012-12-02 14:33:10  
Also I'm fairly certain you can't transfer Relic/Empyrean Aftermath with Empathy. Even if you could, it would only proc when the Wyvern is attacked directly which doesn't happen often(read: never).
 Cerberus.Tikal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-12-02 14:34:11  
Gungnir has no lore associating it with lightning, or any element at all. It's a spear that does not miss it's mark. It was made from a branch of the world tree Yggdrasil.
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-12-02 16:00:49  
Attack Bonus doesn't have a Fire elemental icon. I know STR=Fire and Attack~STR,

Actually Attack Bonus does have the red fire icon.

All that aside even if Gungnir WAS related to thunder or lightning(it's not) they could easily alter it to Enthunder which makes more sense. Just instead of it dealing actual thunder elemental damage, make it exactly like Excalibur's proc where it's non elemental damage based on HP, but change the animation to an enthunder and change the Damage Varies with HP to Damage varies with Wyvern HP, so we get a X% chance to proc 25% of the wyvern's current HP.

Swapping Add effect: defense down for that is some *** up ***. That added effect is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, for solo stuff and aby its fine, anything endgame... if you get to go drg the wyvern just doesnt last long for the added effect to be useful.
By Ophannus 2012-12-02 16:58:14  
Sorry I meant a wind colored icon, since Defense= Earth and Wind is the antithesis of earth. Used it to illustrate my point of Crit Defense Bonus being Earth to 'counter lighning based offenses" being silly.

The Damage Varies With Wyvern HP Excalibur/Enthunder proc would replace Shockspikes as aftermath, not the Defense Down on the actual weapon. I've stated this numerous times.
 Leviathan.Kincard
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2012-12-02 17:29:53  
I think pretty much every relic should get a buff, but I felt the need to poke my head in and mention that Kikoku is only the best in-slot for NIN under conditions it never really runs into anymore, and even then you have to tune some buffs and such to be really biased in its favor. Blade: Hi is a lot better than Blade: Shun and Relic OTD is kinda screwed VS Empy AM when you're meleeing in a high multiattack rate.

And the subtle blow aftermath on it might as well not exist at all because NINs are constantly running up against the subtle blow cap with basic equipment, which I hope a Kikoku NIN has.

Quote:
you don't see Excal PLDs, Spharai MNKs, Kikoku NINs etc complaining

lol
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-02 17:41:10  
I posted this earlier, but I feel this addresses many of the problems with relics.
[+]
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-12-02 17:46:30  
Quote:

Yeah, especially during zerg situations when DRKs are swinging like mad between weapon skills.

Quote:

Gungnir, lore-wise was a spear not a trident. If anything Tridents are associated with water/oceans(see: Neptune/Poseidon). Gungnir wasn't really associated with lightning. I did a quick google search and found very, very little correlating Gungnir or Odin to lightning. Perhaps you're thinking of Thor/Mjollnir which are highly associated with lightning. I'll admit Accuracy and DEX are associated with Lightning, but the color of AF is fan service from older FF games(where DRGs were chiefly based on Wind i.e Jump doing wind damage). Critical Defense Bonus is earth based so if you're going to say DRGs are associated with Lightning because of Accuracy Bonuses then go on to say DRG is associated with Lightning because of Critical Defense Bonus which is associated with the antithesis of Earth--Lightning, then you could say DRG is associated with Fire since DRG has Attack Bonus. Also it's interesting that Critical Defense Bonus has an Earth elemental icon but Attack Bonus doesn't have a Fire elemental icon. I know STR=Fire and Attack~STR, but defense is related to earth so shouldn't attack bonus technically have a green icon(since you're associating Critical Defense Bonus being Earth Based and overcomes Critical Hit rate associated with Thunder.)

Either you say the effect "makes sense" in virtue of a characteristic of the weapon/user or in virtue of effectiveness. If the former, then your "Ragnarok + Crit rate makes sense" is BS since GS has very little to do with critical hit rates (Remember why DRK were lauded during Abyssea? Precisely because their main weapons lacked critical hit WSs). If the latter, you're BSing the "SB makes sense for MNK and NIN" comment because SB is complete garbage utility. Make up your mind and stick to it. Don't try to circumvent the fact that other WS have shitty aftermaths using double standards. And yes, lances/tridents in general have associations with thunder in lore.

As for Enthunder, that would be ridiculous since the Enthunder would always nullify the additional effect of defense down and you would be here bitching about enthunder effect. As for critical hit rate resistance, see how thunder elementals resist thunder resist element spells.
By Ophannus 2012-12-02 17:50:05  
Quote:
And yes, lances/tridents in general have associations with thunder in lore.

sauce?

Quote:
As for Enthunder, that would be ridiculous since the Enthunder would always nullify the additional effect of defense down and you would be here bitching about enthunder effect. As for critical hit rate resistance, see how thunder resist thunder resist element spells.

Nope because its not Enthunder. It doesn't proc 100% of the time like Excali isn't 100% of the time. I'm fairly certain if you have two 'chance additional effects' on your weapon either can proc, they don't cancel out as is the case of the white magic spell "Enlight" and Excal's additional effect. For example I've seen Stun proc with platinum grip while using Thalassocrat at 75.

Quote:
Either you say the effect "makes sense" in virtue of a characteristic of the weapon/user or in virtue of effectiveness. If the former, then your "Ragnarok + Crit rate makes sense" is BS since GS has very little to do with critical hit rates (Remember why DRK were lauded during Abyssea?

In a zerg where a DRK is swinging at capped attack speed for most of the time, hitting many, many times per second between their weapon skills, that 14% critical hit boost is valuable for increasing their damage; shock spikes sucks no matter how you slice it. When Embrava gets nerfed and WS frequency decreases, the damage incurred from melee will rise compared to WS rate(haste will be the same but less regain so fewer WS yet more melee hits over time compared to pre embrava nerf).
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-02 17:53:25  
Quote:

sauce?

Quote:
As for Enthunder, that would be ridiculous since the Enthunder would always nullify the additional effect of defense down and you would be here bitching about enthunder effect. As for critical hit rate resistance, see how thunder resist thunder resist element spells.

Nope because its not Enthunder. It doesn't proc 100% of the time like Excali isn't 100% of the time. I'm fairly certain if you have two 'chance additional effects' on your weapon either can proc, they don't cancel out as is the case of the white magic spell "Enlight" and Excal's additional effect. For example I've seen Stun proc with platinum grip while using Thalassocrat at 75.

Don't all en-spells overwrite additional effects since they are 100% much like samba? Also 2 additional effects =/= 1 add effect and 1 en-spell.
By Ophannus 2012-12-02 17:55:05  
I know I wrote Enthunder which would indicate 100% proc but I also said "like excalibur" so I was hoping people would infer that I didn't mean a 100% proc rate like an En-spell because writing additional effect: lightning damage takes too long to type each time. Also logically a 300-400 damage every hit would be stupidly overpowered so I wouldn't have asked for something like that; it would have the same 15-25% proc rate or whatever that Excalibur has. I'm fairly certain you can have two added effect procs on a weapon, not on the same attackround of course, but they will proc at their own rates although I think with grip+2h weapon, grip has the higher priority but you can still get the weapon's added effect to proc too. Not that it would matter since def down on gungnir sucks.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-02 17:57:13  
I meant moreso about your enlight/excal example, but ok.
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-12-02 18:16:42  
Quote:

sauce?

Quote:

Quote:
Either you say the effect "makes sense" in virtue of a characteristic of the weapon/user or in virtue of effectiveness. If the former, then your "Ragnarok + Crit rate makes sense" is BS since GS has very little to do with critical hit rates (Remember why DRK were lauded during Abyssea?

In a zerg where a DRK is swinging at capped attack speed for most of the time, hitting many, many times per second between their weapon skills, that 14% critical hit boost is valuable for increasing their damage; shock spikes sucks no matter how you slice it. When Embrava gets nerfed and WS frequency decreases, the damage incurred from melee will rise compared to WS rate(haste will be the same but less regain so fewer WS yet more melee hits over time compared to pre embrava nerf).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spear

"Spear in myth and legend" Second paragraph.

Oh and DRG, and only DRG, gets an Aftermath effect that is oh-so complex. Not simply a boost to SB. Not simply a boost to enmity reduction. Not simply haste. No no, DRG is getting the Aftermath Enthunder, but not really Enthunder, but really is Excalibur's additional effect plus our own additional effect of defense down. I'm going to save this ridiculousness for later.

Now, you want to talk about "making sense" in terms of utility as opposed to weapon/user traits? Ok, so why did you say "At least MNK/NIN's Aftermath makes sense waaahhh"? Quite frankly, this is the double standard ***that ultimately undermines your post. You want MNK and NIN to be content with utter garbage, but expect DRG to a super Endamage specifically mechanized for them. Of course, most Aftermaths are quite simple by comparison: SB, Haste, sTP, Enmity Reduction, ACC, etc, but not DRG of course.

So, in short, you want SE to deviate from what has been a consistent pattern of "simple" aftermaths. You want other DDs to be content with their given aftermath because "they make sense" in terms of how MNK/NIN ought to be perceived. Of course, DRG cannot get a aftermath tangent to the lore of spears because the aftermath is not suited for DDing. You do see the double standard right?
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-02 18:21:16  
In lieu of not having a relic weapon, I demand that DNC get its own class of ultimate weapon, to which no other jobs have access. It should have attack / critical hit rate / critical attack bonus + 50 and Aftermath: Trance. D55, Delay 150.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 18:22:45  
The Trance aftermath allows all attacks and weaponskills to bypass 50% of level correction.
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-12-02 18:24:38  
Occasionaly OKHO's all Blue Mages in range.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-02 18:25:29  
...and it should work in the offhand.
 Diabolos.Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-12-02 18:26:49  
And should allow you to attack across zones!
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 18:42:14  
It does have a downside though. All text you input will be transformed into Mayakov-style rambling, giving all players around you, and yourself, a headache over time.
By Ophannus 2012-12-02 22:54:01  
Quote:
Now, you want to talk about "making sense" in terms of utility as opposed to weapon/user traits? Ok, so why did you say "At least MNK/NIN's Aftermath makes sense waaahhh"? Quite frankly, this is the double standard ***that ultimately undermines your post. You want MNK and NIN to be content with utter garbage, but expect DRG to a super Endamage specifically mechanized for them. Of course, most Aftermaths are quite simple by comparison: SB, Haste, sTP, Enmity Reduction, ACC, etc, but not DRG of course.

1) Gungnir is norse not greek. Not buying that spears have lore associated with lightning based off one supposition (literally says "In classical Greek mythology Zeus' bolts of lightning may be interpreted as a symbolic spear". But there are many mythological spears in various cultures and I couldn't find any associated with lightning, especially not Gungnir. If anything Gungnir should be dread spikes since its associated with Odin in FFXI just as Ifrit's Sword or Garuda's Knife are associated with their respective avatar weapons.

2) My post was originally regarding Gungnir, I could care less about other relics, people can make posts asking for changes to their weapons if they want. At the very least, SB can still be used even though the effect is minor, its active on every hit whereas Shock Spikes is not only weak, it's passive AND conditional. SB sucks and its not very useful but at least it's more active and less conditional than Shock Spikes. For Subtle Blow aftermath, its active for the whole duration. For Shock Spikes, not only do you have to get hate, you need to be hit, if you're hit it has to be a direct physical auto attack(non aoe) and then the chance of the stun procing is floored. For Subtle Blow, once its applied its active for all your subsequent hits, spells, ws for the duration of the effect which may be slight but it's still more workable than spikes. The spikes are the same potency as the /BLM30 spell.

3) Agility Modifier. DRG has a D in AGI, one of the worst AGI ratings.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-02 22:56:52  
Thor is the son of Odin who wielded Gungnir which was made by dwarves and killed a wolf. Thor, as we know, is associated with lightning. He, however, wields Mjollnir. Now suppose that Mjollnir and Gungnir fused together into an orgy of awesome, and Giersgokul and Randgrith became one in an eternal matrimonial fusion of epic proportions.

You can now apply evasion down to your foes. Congratulations.
By Gimp 2012-12-02 22:58:01  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Occasionaly OKHO's all Blue Mages in range.

what does okho mean?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7