Attention All Gungnir Owners And Non-Gungnir Owners

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dragoon » Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
Attention all Gungnir owners and non-Gungnir owners
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Wolfen
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2012-11-26 20:54:30  
Phoenix.Icemn said: »
Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
Go here, login and Like the OP. It is at 48 Likes at the moment and rising. Hopefully, with more Likes it will receive a development team response. This issue needs to be dealt with conclusively.

Thank you.
Stop trying to get out of finishing your Ryunohige ;p

Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi said: »
Yeah because Blade: Metsu is such a great weapon skill, and the Subtle Blow aftermath is not totally useless now...

Welcome to the club!
The ~3 nagi owners would like a word with you about who has the worst weapon, but they instead committed majin gakure and decided to not reraise.
NIN on my server has relic Katana, he does really well with it..granted it's all from his DPS but I've seen him parse rather well as NIN. He claims it's because of the relic so why people are down rating the katana is unclear to me, but I don't play NIN this is just observation and what he's told me.
My DPS is pretty good as well, but that's without Blade: Metsu; Merit WS > Relic WS.

I like my relic, I did mine when they were actually hard to obtain and took me 2 years; still doesn't make the weapon skill any good, it was a decent Blade: Jin alternative and back when Subtle Blow was hard to cap the aftermath was nice for solo or lowman stuff. But now the aftermath is worthless because it's extremely easy to cap (maybe if it exceeded cap like shield...), and WS is 3rd best katana one (fourth in Abyssea).

And yeah Nagi completely sucks (but still looks neat), no arguement there it has by far the worst weapon skill of all the mythics and the worst stats; no wonder it makes killing yourself a plus lol
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 20:54:49  
Lye said: »
No. If for no other reason than gil is worth more to some than others.

Example: Gil isn't worth anything to your Mother or Father regardless of their math skills.

Seriously. What the *** are you talking about?
 Fenrir.Sylow
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:56:58  
Just link them to a RMT website.
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-26 20:57:48  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
Did everybody just forget that Drg was used for a LOT of solo play as /whm or /rdm? Hence the need for shock spikes. Not the BEST reason for the aftermath, but the ***was still useful back when the weapon was implemented...

Which is why a refresh aftermath would make more sense. There really is no need for shock spikes on a drg unless you are running away and the stun can actually proc.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 20:58:39  
A refresh aftermath makes even less sense at 99.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 20:59:15  
I like my relic, I did mine when they were actually hard to obtain and took me 2 years; still doesn't make the weapon skill any good, it was a decent Blade: Jin alternative and back when Subtle Blow was hard to cap the aftermath was nice for solo or lowman stuff. But now the aftermath is worthless because it's extremely easy to cap (maybe if it exceeded cap like shield...), and WS is 3rd best katana one (fourth in Abyssea).

I don't have a Kikoku so don't have Metsu, but I've noticed on NIN soloing things in Abyssea that subtle blow seems a lot stronger than it used to be. I use the word seems as I have no mathematics or stats to back my claim up; but I would guess the cap is higher now. Seeing Ovni weapon skill 4 times a fight on NIN and then 30+ on THF a day later kind of highlights the difference for me. This is not one a single occasion either; it's with more or less anything I fight in abyssea. I don't bother with the subtle blow ninjutsu either, what a waste of my multi-purpose tools!
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-26 20:59:17  
Aeyela said: »
No. If for no other reason than gil is worth more to some than others.

Example: Gil isn't worth anything to your Mother or Father regardless of their math skills.

Seriously. What the *** are you talking about?
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Just link them to a RMT website.

RMT values fluctuate as well.

My point is this:

If you didn't like the aftermath on the weapon, why did you make it?

You actively chose to make the weapon, be it Bonanza or good old currency.

The aftermath wasn't unknown, and as Nightfyre often points out, you "don't need it to math it."

It sounds like sour grapes to me.

Furthermore, you argue it's "not worth it" when the standard of what's "worth it" seems pretty subjective to me. No one here has applied a metric that would compare adequate time/gil/dps ratios to illustrate OBJECTIVELY that it is "not worth it."

Why? Probably because they don't care enough or because it cannot be calculated.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 21:00:01  
Buyer's Remorse.
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 21:05:11  
RMT values fluctuate as well.

My point is this:

If you didn't like the aftermath on the weapon, why did you make it?

You actively chose to make the weapon, be it Bonanza or good old currency.

The aftermath wasn't unknown, and as Nightfyre often points out, you "don't need it to math it."

It sounds like sour grapes to me.

Sour grapes, possibly. But can you blame them? People spend lots of gil on relics and rightly feel entitled to something a little better. The polearm itself, as pointed out by several, is a good damage weapon. But considering Herja's Fork is comparatively much easier to get (that's kind of a loose comment, I don't consider Arch Odin easy by any means) than 100m gil, Gungnir should be stronger.

I get the idea the relic aftermaths were added for fun as an additional effect. Sort of like the pointless latent items we randomly got killing random NMs back in the day. The problem is now SE have buffed these relics making them almighty once more (mostly) and haven't done a thing to fix the dated and now obsolete stats or effects.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-26 21:07:02  
But how often does Stun actually kick on anything EM or higher? Dragoon's soloing something for shock spikes to be worthwhile would be soloing something that the stun doesn't kick in all that often. As far as I know Gungnir's spikes are not a more powerful version, but I stand to be corrected on that if it's not the case.

My wife equates the stun proc occurring as often(and as surprising) as seeing the blaze spikes during the short time you have ws gear on when drgs used wyvern helm back at 75...
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 21:07:58  
Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
My wife equates the stun proc occurring as often(and as surprising) as seeing the blaze spikes during the short time you have ws gear on when drgs used wyvern helm back at 75...

I'm sure I've sighted leprechauns more often than that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2012-11-26 21:09:06  
Fenrir.Sylow said: »
A refresh aftermath makes even less sense at 99.
Yes... but he was talking about 75 cap
edit: and refresh making less sense than shock spikes at 99?
 Lye
By Lye 2012-11-26 21:10:36  
You're right.

But I HOPE that the reasoning many players apply in order to determine what is "worth it" and "not worth it" is NOT the following:

-Cost to have the best weapon for Job X = ####### gil + (luck)

-Cost to have the best weapon for "my job" = ####### gil + (luck)

This =/= your weapon needs to be adjusted to be commensurate with the best weapon for Job X.

Why? Because the jobs aren't equal to begin with.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2012-11-26 21:17:26  

I don't have a Kikoku so don't have Metsu, but I've noticed on NIN soloing things in Abyssea that subtle blow seems a lot stronger than it used to be. I use the word seems as I have no mathematics or stats to back my claim up; but I would guess the cap is higher now. Seeing Ovni weapon skill 4 times a fight on NIN and then 30+ on THF a day later kind of highlights the difference for me. This is not one a single occasion either; it's with more or less anything I fight in abyssea. I don't bother with the subtle blow ninjutsu either, what a waste of my multi-purpose tools!
Last I checked cap was 50%, not sure if they changed that or not. There is a huge difference between THF and NIN in Subtle Blow, THF would have to put a lot more Subtle Blow gear than NIN to get cap. NIN has 27% just being naked, and they also have access to an additional 5% through merits. I can cap it just by using 3 pieces of gear (Rajas Ring (which I already use), Heed Ring and Torero Torque equal 21% + 27% for a total of 48% so 2 merits will cap it (used to need at least 4 merits, but then they added another job tier I believe).

And yeah I never noticed a difference before with or without the ninjitsu or aftermath while having capped Subtle Blow already :p

EDIT: Actually you don't even need Subtle Blow Merits to cap or if you have another ring other than Rajas, as long as you have Koga +2 hands, I forgot they have +5 Subtle Blow on them XD
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 21:20:30  
dAGI contributes to a separate enemy TP feed reduction system, so subtle blow seems really high in Abyssea because you're capping AGI's pseudo-subtle blow effect.

This was added ~85 or 90 cap, idr.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-11-26 21:25:19  
as long as you have Koga +2 hands, I forgot they have +5 Subtle Blow on them XD

You mad? The subtle blow is the stand out stat!
 Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi
By Quetzalcoatl.Makenshi 2012-11-26 21:34:06  
as long as you have Koga +2 hands, I forgot they have +5 Subtle Blow on them XD

You mad? The subtle blow is the stand out stat!
I know what was I thinking! lol

I just realized that I don't even need Heed Ring to cap, I used to calculate it when job trait was 25% and never accounted for the hands; so my 4 merits plus switching in Torero Torque is all I really need XD
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-26 21:36:36  
Auspice, +20.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-11-26 21:41:20  
Odin.Eikechi said: »
I think that person that posted right after him had it right lol. Just don't use Geirskogul?
No one does.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Seriously, you don't see any MNK bitching about Final Heaven and it's equally useless aftermath.
That's a lie.

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Fenrir.Curty said: »
If you think Herja's Fork comes close to 99 Gungnir in damage output, please quit dragoon.
Actually, last time I ran the spreadsheet numbers, Herja's came within 5%'ish dps of 99 gungnir.
^

But how often does Stun actually kick on anything EM or higher?
Throughout all of the WS trials, I probably saw it proc two times.

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
Stop trying to get out of finishing your Ryunohige ;p
I have yet to falter!

Btw, thanks everyone that went to the forums to vote. The OP is at 63 Likes now.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-11-26 22:26:13  
to all the DRG's with gungnir out there

your weapon is bad and you should feel bad

deal with it \o/
 Sylph.Safiyyah
サーバ: Sylph
user: Safiyyah
By Sylph.Safiyyah 2012-11-26 23:37:12  
It is kind of painful that any dragoon serious about doing damage has to sell their soul for a mythic. I play SMN. Welcome to the club! I guess we should be grateful that DRG and SMN get at least one R/E/M worth a ***... BLMs would kill for a weapon as game-changing as Ryunohige.
 Shiva.Haptic
サーバ: Shiva
user: Haptic
By Shiva.Haptic 2012-11-27 00:06:12  
They should really fix shield.
-MDT 50% is old, should be at least -80% DT.
While they are at it, change shield bash to have 0 recast.
Yeah, sounds good... I'm gonna go make a post and get people to like it, maybe they will change it! :D

Oh wait this is square enix. It's only been how many years since relics had the same aftermath? They recently increased the stats with no intention of changing ***.
By Ophannus 2012-11-27 09:26:41  
You guys must be on DRUGS if you think Kikoku and Spharai are on the same boat as Gungnir. Spharai has counter+ and both the Subtle Blow AM on those weapons have use. Even though Subtle Blow seems flimsy at least it's an active effect that processes with every hit, lowering the TP you deliver to the mob. It doesn't seem like much until you compare it to *** SHOCK SPIKES. Subtle Blow could at least shave off a TP move or two from a mob in many situations but what good does shock spikes that never proc stun that deal 12 damage ever going to do for a DRG? Especially when DRG was designed not to pull hate(with having our total damage being split in a ratio between DRG and Wyvern and hate shedding Jumps).

Scourge is bad for zergs but Critical Hit+ still has vastly more utility than Shock Spikes. Seriously I would opt for almost any aftermath other than Shock Spikes, hell it could be a Barthunder or Resist-Poison aftermath and it would still be 10000% more useful than Shock Spikes.
By Ophannus 2012-11-27 09:44:36  
Man if only DRG could be as good as DRG in FF14. DRG/Lancer in FF14 is the perfect synergy of DRK/WAR/DRG/SAM/DNC/THF, seriously...they get equivalents of store tp, attack bonus, crit bonus, meditate, zanshin, berserk,steps, sambas, soul eater, hasso. And their level 50 JA is a massive fiery AoE jump that does a shitton of damage.

Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-27 10:19:21  
Let's make a petition to boost Quietus because I have buyer's remorse.

owait, i invested almost no time or money into it. A drg can make an OAT for a fraction of the time/cost investment of gungnir. You don't buy a rolls royce and then write them a letter to make it as fast as a cheaper Corvette.

I understand the frustration... if they re-tooled all the relic/empy/mythic ws instead of just giving a bland +damage to some, I wouldn't MIND (assuming it wasnt a cata nerf ;3) but Im also not going to hunger strike over it.
[+]
By Quiznor 2012-11-27 10:30:41  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

owait, i invested almost no time or money into it. A drg can make an OAT for a fraction of the time/cost investment of gungnir. You don't buy a rolls royce and then write them a letter to make it as fast as a cheaper Corvette.

I understand the frustration... if they re-tooled all the relic/empy/mythic ws instead of just giving a bland +damage to some, I wouldn't MIND (assuming it wasnt a cata nerf ;3) but Im also not going to hunger strike over it.

^ this

You knew the aftermath/WS sucked when you agreed to make it,and you went ahead anyways.Unless you didnt know that,then you shouldnt have been making it in the first place
 Odin.Creaucent
サーバ: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-11-27 10:31:53  
No matter how much I like drg this is stupid the main argument is gungnir vs ragnarok. Ragnarok was at lot worse than gungnir until recently it only because of resolution that its a beast. If anything happens to that it will lose its top spot. If drg needs anything its a boost to attack power.
 Sylph.Traxus
サーバ: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-11-27 10:44:26  
Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

OAT for drg is shitty thou (even just compared to drk with OAT gs).

The real problem is that BOTH the empyrean and relic for drg completely suck, and it needs mythic to compete (and mythics are incredibly unreasonable to attain as is). Imagine if caladblog/rag/apoc/etc all did gungnir tier dps or worse, and you needed a liberator to decent damage on drk; that is the boat drg is in.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2012-11-27 10:45:29  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
No matter how much I like drg this is stupid the main argument is gungnir vs ragnarok. Ragnarok was at lot worse than gungnir until recently it only because of resolution that its a beast. If anything happens to that it will lose its top spot. If drg needs anything its a boost to attack power.
Could def use some kinda atk buff. Although I'd be happy if they just removed the atk- on Drakesbane. Although that wouldn't really help gungnir any.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-11-27 10:52:08  
Odin.Creaucent said: »
If drg needs anything its a boost to attack power.

I agree with this. I don't agree with the rest of your point. If they made scourge buffed i would but you should be comparing the merit ws. Stardiver is not exactly something to sneeze at (what the *** does that expression even mean?). Ragnarok almost never (read: never) uses Scourge. Gungnir never ever ever ever ever ever would have a reason to use geirskogul unless it was retardedly overpowered. Ragnarok gets crit rate as AM and you STILL dont use it. You get relic OAT, 2 situationally strong WS and you chose not to make/obtain your other options. Just be happy you didn't make a rhongomiant.

Sylph.Traxus said: »
OAT for drg is shitty thou (even just compared to drk with OAT gs).

wat :|

Sylph.Traxus said: »
The real problem is that BOTH the empyrean and relic for drg completely suck, and it needs mythic to compete (and mythics are incredibly unreasonable to attain as is). Imagine if caladblog/rag/apoc/etc all did gungnir tier dps or worse, and you needed a liberator to decent damage on drk; that is the boat drg is in.

That's the jobs fault not the relic ws or the aftermath. I agree with the attack buff being a nice thought but that would be an entirely different "please gimme this" thread, right? We're still talking "can i have super saiyan 3 as my relic aftermath" along with "can you make the ws thats garbage/agi mod for the last 8 years not garbage" unless im mistaken.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7