フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » News » Achievement Suggestion Form
Achievement Suggestion Form
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Leviathan.Thania
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: thania
By Leviathan.Thania 2013-02-27 06:32:28  
like Kalilla said Achievement point system in FFXIAH is a ranking about goals, motivation and time spending on game. not a rank about skills and gifted players.

so achievement should be all based on TIME spending to get a goal.

the best way to give points should be (all those exemples are false numbers and has to be discussed, it's just to understand how it works):

let's say 1H of effort = 100 pts

if a relic 99 = 168 hours so relic 99 = 16 800 pts

if a rank 10 mission = 25 hours so rank 10 mission = 2500 pts

if a 110 fishing = 300 hours = fishing 110 = 30 000 pts

sometimes an achievment can be acomplished quickly by paying with gil so we have to agree on a average gil ratio by hour

if 1M5 gil = 1 hour. so buying items for 60 millions to accomplish a goal is like 40 hours of effort so = 4000 pts

so our work on the forum to help Sgragg is to agree on how much average time for any goals or achievement on this game.

as soon as you're ok on how much time it takes you can convert to points.

titles, all key items, quests done, blu spells, full list of spells/song.summon, some rare/ex items, combat skill, magic skills etc... and more ... should be added to achievement points
[+]
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2013-02-27 07:30:10  
Setting a specific amount of gil equal to a specific amount of time will not work. The value of gil changes over time. So unless you expect Scragg to continually update this, its probably not the best idea.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 07:44:09  
Gil isn't the relevant quantity, it's hours. Here's how economics works:

1) You can earn X amount of Money for Y amount of time, therefore X amount of money represents Y amount of effort. Money is just a tradable representation of time.

2) If it takes, for instance, 16000 currency to build a relic and they cost 6k each, then it takes 96 hours of effort for someone capable of making 1mil/hr to make a relic. Assuming Dynamis is how they make their gil, this works out to about 300 currency (+ forgotten items) per Dynamis run, which is pretty reasonable.

3) If inflation happens, it may affect how much gil you can make per hour but it will also affect the price of currency. We would still expect one relic to be worth 96 hours of effort for a player that is currently capable of making 1mil/hr. Put another way, if they farmed 300 currency per hour before, then they would still be able to collect 16000 in 96 hours regardless of the current gil value of the currency.

4) The only thing that affects how easy it is to get a relic when you look at it this way are patches that directly affect how easy it is to get currency.

In short, no he wouldn't. As long as you're willing to make steady-state assumptions he really doesn't need to adjust anything unless there are patches, which would be infrequent. Also, Relics and Mythics have always been undervalued substantially.
[+]
By Otomis 2013-02-27 07:45:44  
The ranking system is a neat little tool but that is about all it is. I could care less what things are ranked. But I do enjoy game completion and the ranking system is nice ways to manage little goals.

That being said it is also kinda crap as many of us know you had the hay day of multi account bot abyssea farmers buying up every relic in sight in the process. (So freaking glad SE nerfed that crap). You have your mass gil buyers doing the same thing. which in the end makes the ranking system useless for relics(out side of the small amount of trials needed 75-95, which take a little bit of time). Mythics are very nice because they show a decent amount of achievement. But then again 30k alex when you have people making 3+ mythics; been playing this game for near 10 years, only way to do this is cheating and most of us know this. Empy weapons, are rather easy with a nice little group. Or as we see to often, the player with 103 other toons of follow to their main. Soloing an MMO is how you win an MMO lmao. as for 90-99, once again just gil related.

Crafting takes some time and effort. I really think this should be boned up on a bit. Exp/Merits many just burn those and have crap for skill, kinda makes that even feel pointless.

Having best gear or super augments etc. Would be just silly to try and input all that data. So at the end of the day it is just a silly little thing for fun and should not be taken to seriously.
 Ragnarok.Action
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Xremix
By Ragnarok.Action 2013-02-27 07:52:07  
Need Reconsider "Crafts" it takes time and money more than anyone think so it should get more point than stupid job exp or stupid merits.
 Cerberus.Kodaijin
user: Kodaijin
By Cerberus.Kodaijin 2013-02-27 08:29:55  
Leviathan.Thania said: »

sometimes an achievment can be acomplished quickly by paying with gil so we have to agree on a average gil ratio by hour

if 1M5 gil = 1 hour. so buying items for 60 millions to accomplish a goal is like 40 hours of effort so = 4000 pts

Byrth, My post was in regards to this statement. Not sure if yours was directed at me or not.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
user: pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-02-27 10:00:43  
Siren.Barber said: »
Rankings should indicate how much work someone has put into their character whether they frequent these boards or care about ranking. Leveling all jobs from 30 to 99 can be done in a week. That is not worthy of a top 100 ranking but under the current system that is what it gives. Let's fix that.

Since everyone can level jobs to 99 and get merits capped with ease, it only serves to differentiate between players who have put in that amount of effort and those who have not. It does not however give a person a server rank of top 100. You dont even get into the top 200 with max xp only.

If you have a couple jobs not leveled and are ranked below someone who has them leveled, then just go lvl them, but probably you are also missing missions and crafting skills as well. Having a relic shouldnt automatically put a person in the top 100 either if they havnt put in other effort as well.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 10:08:47  
Cerberus.Kodaijin said: »
Leviathan.Thania said: »

Byrth, My post was in regards to this statement. Not sure if yours was directed at me or not.

It's still valid, though. If 1.5mil = 1 "hour of skilled effort" and what you're actually trying to measure is hours of skilled effort, then taking the gil value of current achievements and dividing by 1.5 would give you the relative point value of them in "hours of skilled effort."

The hours of skilled effort that it takes to complete accomplishments won't change even if the gil value of those accomplishments and the gil you can make every hour increase proportionally. Patches that directly affect how easy it is to obtain the Achievements are the only thing that would affect this ratio, and they're much less frequent than currency price fluctuations.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-27 10:11:56  
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
someone capable of making 1mil/hr to make a relic. Assuming Dynamis is how they make their gil, this works out to about 300 currency (+ forgotten items) per Dynamis run, which is pretty reasonable
It's not. You're highly overstimating the average player.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-02-27 10:13:16  
Gil isn't the relevant quantity, it's hours. Here's how economics works:

1) You can earn X amount of Money for Y amount of time, therefore X amount of money represents Y amount of effort. Money is just a tradable representation of time.

2) If it takes, for instance, 16000 currency to build a relic and they cost 6k each, then it takes 96 hours of effort for someone capable of making 1mil/hr to make a relic. Assuming Dynamis is how they make their gil, this works out to about 300 currency (+ forgotten items) per Dynamis run, which is pretty reasonable.

3) If inflation happens, it may affect how much gil you can make per hour but it will also affect the price of currency. We would still expect one relic to be worth 96 hours of effort for a player that is currently capable of making 1mil/hr. Put another way, if they farmed 300 currency per hour before, then they would still be able to collect 16000 in 96 hours regardless of the current gil value of the currency.

4) The only thing that affects how easy it is to get a relic when you look at it this way are patches that directly affect how easy it is to get currency.

In short, no he wouldn't. As long as you're willing to make steady-state assumptions he really doesn't need to adjust anything unless there are patches, which would be infrequent. Also, Relics and Mythics have always been undervalued substantially.

While I agree with most of your statement, You are using a standard 1M/hr. That is an arbitrary number. Many players that farm dyna cannot get 1M per hour of effort. Many players can get much more than that, by farming other things. Since there is no current way to track what the median income nor the median amount of time it takes to do trials is, then there is only arbitrary values given.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 10:18:03  
Okay, but someone that makes a bunch of relics (which would be the kind of person that is mostly affected by the gil/hour value) is not an average player. I'm not trying to define the amount of gil that an "anyman" can make per hour. I'm trying to define the amount of gil one skilled gil-minded individual can make per hour.

The guy who did the same analysis a few posts before/after me bumped it up to 1.5mil mil/hr.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-27 10:30:12  
This is my idea: leaving base relic and empy as it is, but bumping mythic up a bit and have something along these lines:

Mythic: 20+3+3+3+3+20=52

Relic: 12+3+3+3+3+15=39

Empyrean: 5+5+7+12+10=39

So a 95 relic would be 24 vs a 90 empy at 17, but upgrading both to 99 evens them out. Mythics take the lead for obvious reasons.

edit: maybe a bit more on the final stage of empy.

edit2: not sure if I overstimate scoriae.
[+]
 Phoenix.Suji
サーバ: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-02-27 10:30:48  
The ratios between everything are going to come out the same regardless of what the specific gil value is for one hour so it doesn't matter how you choose to define the gil/hr relationship.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-27 10:32:15  
Phoenix.Suji said: »
The ratios between everything are going to come out the same regardless of what the specific gil value is for one hour so it doesn't matter how you choose to define the gil/hr relationship.
Was really just arguing the detachment from reality, I know it doesn't particularly matter.
 Siren.Barber
サーバ: Siren
user: Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-27 10:50:53  
Cerberus.Pukushu said: »
Rankings should indicate how much work someone has put into their character whether they frequent these boards or care about ranking. Leveling all jobs from 30 to 99 can be done in a week. That is not worthy of a top 100 ranking but under the current system that is what it gives. Let's fix that.

Since everyone can level jobs to 99 and get merits capped with ease, it only serves to differentiate between players who have put in that amount of effort and those who have not. It does not however give a person a server rank of top 100. You dont even get into the top 200 with max xp only.

I'll tell you what. You have all jobs maxed. I have 6 maxed. On thursday I'm going to turn in 75 apademak horns, 1500 heavy metal plates, 60 riftcinder, and 5 umbral marrows in order to 99 both daurdabla and ghorn. Starting with 0 gil you start collecting the items I'm about to turn in and I'll start maxing jobs and let's see who finishes first. That's right, I would be done by this time next week and even at 8 hours a day at 1 mil/hr you would be working for over a month (and that's without dealing with getting the relic/emp to where they are now). But taking a Ghorn 95 to 99 and taking a daurdabla 85-99 is only worth a fraction (a very small fraction) of the achievement points leveling all jobs gives.

Can you honestly and without bias say that the achievement points given by jobs leveled should not be cut by a significant margin (like 10 fold at least) based on this simple observable scenario?
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-27 10:51:12  
oops, messed up the quote train. stupid phone....
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-02-27 13:12:35  
oops, messed up the quote train. stupid phone....

What I am saying is that if you want to move up the achievement ranks all you have to do is go lvl those jobs. I certainly cannot catch up quickly and neither should I have the opportunity. You do have the opportunity to catch me. If you choose not to then that is fine too, but that is your choice.

Changing an arbitrary value to another arbitrary value serves to only widen the gap in points. It does not however change the actual ranks at all, if people who cared about their ranks did the easy work of leveling their jobs. Leaving it the same gives newer or returning players something to achieve.

Every person has the ability to max xp given time. Not every player has the ability to get max craft skill or e/r/m. The players that are ranked highest have a mix of all 3, with e/r/m and maxed craft being the most contributing.

Achievements are a measure of game completion, not of skill and the ranking of them is how much of the game has a player completed. As such I dont see a compelling reason to exchange a relative value to another relative value. If anything adding in extra points for various lvls of e/r/m, weapon/magic skill, spells learned, titles and possibly unique items such as guild point items, fishing items and possibly af1-3 would go with the theme of cataloging game completion. (I currently use a spreadsheet for this)
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-27 13:22:43  
My response would be:

Why should a person who has put in 20x the amount of time and effort in completing a single mythic weapon be forced to level a bunch of jobs they will never play to "Catch up" to the person that has put in LESS time?

There is simply no answer for this other than "Well I did it so they should do it also". Well maybe their priorities lie elsewhere in game.

Here is the bottom line:

There are an inordinately large amount of achievement points given for leveling jobs based on the time and effort it takes.

That is not opinion. It is fact. People who dispute this are either delusional or want to hold on to a ranking that indicates their character has more work put into it relative to others than it actually does.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 13:25:22  
If someone can make a mythic, and if they really do care about their rank, then they should have no problem maxing out every job in a week or two.
[+]
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-27 13:32:02  
They shouldnt have to. They have achieved more than the person with max jobs already.

Why should a person who has achieved more be lower ranked? It's absurd.

There is someone in my linkshell who has 5 level 99 relics and is ranked just inside the top 150. 4 ranks above him is a person who has no crafts over 40, no relic/emp/mythic, and all jobs 99. How in the world can you justify someone like that being ranked higher than someone who has put in 1 billion gil into their character? I could start a character from scratch and be ahead of both of them in 3 weeks under the current system.

It doesn't adequately measure achievement and won't until exp achievement points are drastically reduced.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 13:32:59  
That doesn't sound like logic that will lead to a better system.

That sounds like logic that perpetuates a broken/stupid system.
 Cerberus.Pukushu
By Cerberus.Pukushu 2013-02-27 14:32:26  
They shouldnt have to. They have achieved more than the person with max jobs already.

Why should a person who has achieved more be lower ranked? It's absurd.

There is someone in my linkshell who has 5 level 99 relics and is ranked just inside the top 150. 4 ranks above him is a person who has no crafts over 40, no relic/emp/mythic, and all jobs 99. How in the world can you justify someone like that being ranked higher than someone who has put in 1 billion gil into their character? I could start a character from scratch and be ahead of both of them in 3 weeks under the current system.

It doesn't adequately measure achievement and won't until exp achievement points are drastically reduced.

Again the system does not measure skill. It measures completion of tasks. The person with multiple relics has completed harder tasks, but less of them. Like Kali said, if they cared about achievement rank then they would simply have to complete a few simple tasks to have a much higher rank. If they choose not to complete those tasks then that does not make them less of a player by any account. They simply have completed less achievements.
 Siren.Barber
By Siren.Barber 2013-02-27 15:02:19  

Again the system does not measure skill. It measures completion of tasks. The person with multiple relics has completed harder tasks, but less of them.

If they are harder they should be worth more and worth more in proportion to how much harder they are.

My motivation is simple: I would like to see the players who have put the most into their characters ranked accordingly. I will never be in the top 50 on my server under either system and I'm fine with it.

Here are the numbers ( all of these would take roughly the same amount of time):
Leveling all jobs to max will give you 147640 points.
Leveling all crafts to 60 will give you 30000 points.
Completing the storylines of windy and TaU will give 3100 points.
Making at single relic (75) will give 12000 points.

Achievement points are arbitrary and need to be changed to reflect today's game. When 8k/hr sky parties were the norm the numbers were fine. But in today's 200k/hr world they are out of line and need to be adjusted.

It's either "The system is not broken", "The system is broken lets keep it that way", or "The system is broken lets fix it". My vote is with option 3 and I would seriously question the motivation of anyone who voted for options 1 or 2 (i.e. they just want to keep their ranking high with a low amount of effort).
[+]
 Asura.Draus
サーバ: Asura
user: Draus
By Asura.Draus 2013-02-27 15:34:24  
Just because something takes longer doesnt make it harder. Making mythics and relics are not hard, ***can be afk funded and trophy pieces can be solod...
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 15:40:05  
Level 30 to 86 COR, on the other hand, has taken me about 8 hours of AFKing and 1 mil (well, call it 700k because my time isn't up). It totally makes sense that it would be worth as much as a 99 Empyrean.

Waaait a minute, that doesn't make sense at all!
[+]
 Asura.Draus
By Asura.Draus 2013-02-27 15:43:28  
Okay so my xp that I got before level sync,aby etc should be worth five times emps because it took hours to even get invited back then.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-02-27 15:49:16  
If there was a history associated with characters, I'd agree with you. Old relics and mythics should also be worth monumentally more than current ones. Unfortunately, I doubt that there is. I'd also have put Maat's Cap at about the same achievement tier as a Relic Weapon before people started doing Astral Flow parties.

Also, why is Fishing Skill so unbalanced in terms of points? I'm level 75/110 and have 4125/12000 points. The skillup rate probably dropped a little post-50 so it makes sense to devalue levels before that, but unlike other crafts Fishing doesn't require increasingly expensive materials to skill up. It's just time, and it's about the same amount of time to go from 60 to 70 as from 80 to 90.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2013-02-27 15:52:45  
I think it was some compromise for not adding ebisu, even though we weren't asking for points for having ebisu, just so we could add it to our profile page.

idk, no one asked for the points to be raised.
 Asura.Draus
By Asura.Draus 2013-02-27 17:22:11  
If there was a history associated with characters, I'd agree with you. Old relics and mythics should also be worth monumentally more than current ones. Unfortunately, I doubt that there is. I'd also have put Maat's Cap at about the same achievement tier as a Relic Weapon before people started doing Astral Flow parties.

Also, why is Fishing Skill so unbalanced in terms of points? I'm level 75/110 and have 4125/12000 points. The skillup rate probably dropped a little post-50 so it makes sense to devalue levels before that, but unlike other crafts Fishing doesn't require increasingly expensive materials to skill up. It's just time, and it's about the same amount of time to go from 60 to 70 as from 80 to 90.

Yeah im not saying its not messed up, im just saying thinking 5 relics is hard and worth more than anything is kinda off? (Not being smart)

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I think it was some compromise for not adding ebisu, even though we weren't asking for points for having ebisu, just so we could add it to our profile page.

idk, no one asked for the points to be raised.

Sort of like maat's cap before astrals!
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8