Why does everyone hate on Pup
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Leviathan.Kryptik
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-09-30 15:10:41
| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Like seriously why does everyone hate on Pup no matter hoe much damage we do we still getget that lolTitle.....
 Seraph.Kat
サーバ: Seraph
user: KatOtaku
By Seraph.Kat 2009-09-30 15:13:31  
I duo with a PUP all the time in campaign battles. It is a wonderful solo job that is a life saver when duoing.
[+]
 Fairy.Tbest
サーバ: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-09-30 15:15:17  
Because they're jealous of it's uberness!
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-09-30 15:17:44  
because they don't understand it.

But, when you got pups like Gaea, you tend to lol it anyway.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-30 15:19:11  
LOLPUP
[+]
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2009-09-30 15:20:56  
Because the puppets freak me out. When there is a small creature with scissors for hands running towards you, you just sorta want to get away from it!

Don't feel bad, I am scarred for life by bsts, too, because the very first party (and only and last, I might add, besides playing with Prof in sky) I ever had with a bst, we were in the oasis in the dunes and he attempted and failed to charm a leech while we were fighting a crab. Scarred. For. Life!
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2009-09-30 15:22:04  
because PUPs can replace any DD anytime with the change of an attachment.
 Leviathan.Kryptik
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-09-30 15:25:44
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

I think some people don't realize there are diffrent aspects to it me personally focus mainly on Blm Frame and I always try and nuke harder than a Blm
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-30 15:26:14  
Because you're a gay guy in a clown suit with a robot friend whose abilities include doing stupid dances, standing around watching you get killed, and putting on fancy hats.

Your best combat skill is with a weapon you can't even use, and your second best isn't good enough to even compare with a DRG's wyvern.

You're stuck with mage gear until 70ish, you have to spend a fortune on irreversable automaton upgrades to be even an adequate DD, and you're still just average at solo and DD.

There's a few reasons. Pick your favorite.
[+]
 Leviathan.Kryptik
user:
By Leviathan.Kryptik 2009-09-30 15:31:15
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

You have to spend money on all jobs to make them good
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2009-09-30 15:33:58  
LOLPup

Mytoy said:
Because a PUP that actually knows what they're doing is very rare, and most people have never seen one.

QFT
There's so many bad PUPs who don't contribute anything to the party that people just don't want one when they could easily get another job to fill the spot.

It doesn't help that attachments are like 100k either.
 Fairy.Blackmist
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2009-09-30 15:34:16  
I think it's allready been said, that PUP is seen as a (Lol) Job because Alot of ppl who play PUP are lazy, and dont even send there Automaton in to battle, or have next to no attachemnts for the job. Or Just don't have the gil for the job

I My self am a level 52 Pup, i Love the job, I normaly use the RNG Frame. or whm frame when i have a lazy healer who doesn't wana heal me, (1.3K MP on automaton at lvl 52 is awsome i tell you)

and the other aspect is that you cant Return the Atachments once you Add them to the automaton, thus makeing it a job you cant just Gear for Gear an sell it off later to get your gil back,

My Friend mita, on Fairy, is possibly one of the better pups ive seen, she's really in to the job, It's hard as hell to get her to talk when shes fighting on the job cause she actualy focuses on the Job an keeping her Manovers up,

where as most pup's will just Talk away and not even notice when there automaton is dead, not fighting, Missing Pices, has no manovers up or w/e

~

As for gear theres not much for pup untell AF then +70 ( mainly, the pices from Assults / Dyna / Salvage ) thus makeing it a job that most ppl dont wana play because they dont like paying for alot of mage gear or Eva gear and want a job that can actualy take a hit or two

( allthough if done right, the Valor frame can take one hell of a beating auto repare kit 1 & 2 stone skin, armor plate 1 & 2 and the Voke attachment (Light Earth & fire Manovers) Makes it so it's allmost Allmost a Paladan
 Leviathan.Chaosx
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2009-09-30 15:39:03  
Mytoy said:
Because a PUP that actually knows what they're doing is very rare, and most people have never seen one.

Mainly this, although I have seen one awesome PUP in action http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=659697
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-30 15:40:35  
Kryptik said:
I think some people don't realize there are diffrent aspects to it me personally focus mainly on Blm Frame and I always try and nuke harder than a Blm

Pics or it didn't happen.
[+]
 Garuda.Malicious
user: Malicious
By Garuda.Malicious 2009-09-30 15:44:39  
Have you ever watched a puppet show?
They are meant to make you laugh.....
<--------------------------------
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 15:44:47  
Hypnotizd said:
Kryptik said:

He said try. Also There are always exceptional people at one job and bad ones at another. Pup auto can get like 100MAB I think though you'd probably overload if you tried to do it twice in a row and theres the wait time inbetween cast though /sch and bind/sleep it and who cares lol for solo. Hell my rdm/sch has hit higher numbers on T3 then blms on T4 several times in a row.
[+]
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-09-30 15:48:48  
Dasva said:
Hypnotizd said:
Kryptik said:

He said try. Also There are always exceptional people at one job and bad ones at another. Pup auto can get like 100MAB I think though you'd probably overload if you tried to do it twice in a row and theres the wait time inbetween cast though /sch and bind/sleep it and who cares lol for solo. Hell my rdm/sch has hit higher numbers on T3 then blms on T4 several times in a row.

I can try to nuke as hard as a BLM on WHM. Doesn't mean it'll happen. Just sayin.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 15:50:26  
Lol I did when I was lvl whm to 38. I so banished like a mofo. Granted always had a pl but yeah was fun times.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-09-30 15:57:12  
Enternius said:
Because you're a gay guy in a clown suit with a robot friend whose abilities include doing stupid dances, standing around watching you get killed, and putting on fancy hats.

You mean the fancy hat that can close a sc for 4k damage? Or the fancy hat that can spam hate-free Blizzard IVs? Or the fancy hat with hate-free Cure V?

Enternius said:
Your best combat skill is with a weapon you can't even use, and your second best isn't good enough to even compare with a DRG's wyvern.

Do you get mad because a smn doesn't do as much damage as its avatar? The automaton has A- to A+ skills, the damage the Pup itself does is just extra.

Enternius said:
You're stuck with mage gear until 70ish, you have to spend a fortune on irreversable automaton upgrades to be even an adequate DD, and you're still just average at solo and DD.

You have to spend a fortune on any job to make it worthwhile. And irreversible attachments? You just have to take the damn thing off. That's like saying "Oh, no, I just equipped this ixion cloak! Now I can't put my goliard back on!"
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 16:02:08  
I've yet to see a pup I'd be jealous of.
[+]
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-30 16:04:59  
The only reason SE added PUP was so people would stop making fun of DRG >.> Like that ugly girl you /befriend so you look better in comparison.

Ha.
[+]
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2009-09-30 16:05:01  
Dasva said:

I've yet to see any job I'd be 'jealous' of. They've all got their ups and downs, if every job could do everything, the game would be pretty damn boring.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2009-09-30 16:05:41  
I've yet to see a place where Pup is actually better than whatever job it is trying to be like. Except that ZNM. Pups are actually useful there. :D

Would you choose a Pup with a Whm frame over a Whm? Hell no.
Would you choose a Pup with a Blm frame over a Blm? Hell no.
Would you choose a Pup with a Rng frame over a Rng? Hell no.

You see where I'm going here.
Sure it looks like a 'fun' job, but it's still lolworthy.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: Sect
By Midgardsormr.Sectumsempra 2009-09-30 16:08:25  
Sketchkat said:
Dasva said:

I've yet to see any job I'd be 'jealous' of. They've all got their ups and downs, if every job could do everything, the game would be pretty damn boring.

I do believe he means "one with good enough gear" to "be jealous of the gear" that puts out numbers he'd be jealous of.

Also, pics/proof of all these 4k DMG things and out DDing BLMs that you speak of.
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-30 16:09:02  
Pup's main problem is that when you get to higher lvs ppl tend to have 1 buffer minimum and looking for 2-3 total. Since automaton's don't get these buffs. Let's say the master was 65% of the damage and the maton was 35% of the damage. The buffs only boost 65% of his total combined damage, where as those same buffs would increase 100% of another DD's damage.
[+]
 Fairy.Vegetto
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2009-09-30 16:09:56  
Sectumsempra said:
Sketchkat said:
Dasva said:

I do believe he means "one with good enough gear" to "be jealous of the gear" that puts out numbers he'd be jealous of.

Also, pics/proof of all these 4k DMG things and out DDing BLMs that you speak of.

He's talking nuke vs nuke not t4 vs AM II. On a nuke vs nuke (like thunder iv vs thunder iv) pup can be competitive to a blm, but let's say thunder iv vs bust II you won't see a competition there.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-09-30 16:11:23  
Sectumsempra said:

For a few days a while ago, the Automaton mage WS Magic Mortar did like 3-4k.

Was a massive glitch in the system. Gave PUPs false hope, heh.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-09-30 16:17:40  
Vegetto said:
Sectumsempra said:
Sketchkat said:
Dasva said:

He's talking nuke vs nuke not t4 vs AM II. On a nuke vs nuke (like thunder iv vs thunder iv) pup can be competitive to a blm, but let's say thunder iv vs bust II you won't see a competition there.

The problem with that dmg is it requires the automatom to eat lots of there manuevers and to do it again you gotta spam them back up and potentially overload. Not to mention they can't start another one right away and can't do all the other stuff blm can
[+]
 Ramuh.Lilbusta
user: phatspade
By Ramuh.Lilbusta 2009-09-30 16:21:50  
Sketchkat said:
Dasva said:

Game is already boring when most people don't try variety and stick with what is the "ultimate" setup.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5 6