Why Dont Lv75 Pld's Sync Down To 55+?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:54:47  
@Urial u know i can agree with you that tanking on pld is *** boring and i have feel asleep on 1 of my JPonly PTs lol

lol i think i broke qoute xD
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 09:55:07  
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
since i leveled Blu to 75 i capped sword as far as i could good thing for that but now that im leveling Pld its not much of a prob to me knowing il cap Shield b4 the party ends
If your shield caps while XPing urdoinitwrong.
[+]
 Garuda.Aurilius
サーバ: Garuda
user: Aurilius
By Garuda.Aurilius 2010-02-22 09:56:25  
I don't ever party on my paladin for exp, be it merits or otherwise.

Why would you party on your paladin for exp? As already mentioned, other jobs get it faster. I'll do campaign to cap my buffer, but that's about it.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 09:57:23  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
since i leveled Blu to 75 i capped sword as far as i could good thing for that but now that im leveling Pld its not much of a prob to me knowing il cap Shield b4 the party ends

really now? mind telling me what im doing wrong?
Bismarck.Ariyon said:
so you skip the imp's?
I skipped 'em every chance I got. When you've got people spamming Penta Thrust/Sidewinder/Guillotine/etc. and you're constantly lacking Flash and/or Provoke due to Tantaras, it gets kind of irritating and you start to question why you're even there in the first place.

good point forgot how bad imps are lol
 Bismarck.Ariyon
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-02-22 09:58:09  
Garuda.Aurilius said:
I don't ever party on my paladin for exp, be it merits or otherwise.

Why would you party on your paladin for exp? As already mentioned, other jobs get it faster. I'll do campaign to cap my buffer, but that's about it.
People do get bored with their other jobs sometimes and might want a change of pace. <_<
 Fairy.Vegetto
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vegetto
By Fairy.Vegetto 2010-02-22 09:58:09  
Well would cap buffer faster in lv sync pt than at campaign, but if you need allied notes, I guess you could kill two birds with one stone, though I personally hate campaign, I stay away from it like the plague
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 10:00:17  
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Shield skillups suck. Unless you capped it on another job, you should gain levels way quicker than shield skillups. Hell, sword has a rough time keeping up (though yours is capped from BLU). If you're not gaining levels faster than shield, you need a better PT.

Lakshmi.Jaguarx
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaguarx
By Lakshmi.Jaguarx 2010-02-22 10:02:06  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Because I guess they prefer campaign

Pure win, this made me lol because its true (>_>)
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 10:03:57  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
Ramuh.Krizz said:

Shield skillups suck. Unless you capped it on another job, you should gain levels way quicker than shield skillups. Hell, sword has a rough time keeping up (though yours is capped from BLU). If you're not gaining levels faster than shield, you need a better PT.

i dont see that as being wrong but i do get your point

i leave a jponly pt with 3 to 5 levels in thats how fast they are
 Ramuh.Scarmiglione
user: afranko22
By Ramuh.Scarmiglione 2010-02-22 10:04:32  
Why would a person sync down if they have nothing to gain except experience? PLD is in such high demand, not like turning down an invite will condemn them from getting a party in hours. Now on DD jobs, I can understand being picky because of weaponskills but you have to draw the line somewhere, unless you don't plan on hitting 75 until the day before servers close.
 Ragnarok.Rusko
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2010-02-22 10:05:33  
pld/dnc in campaign only. sucks your trying to get xp but no pld is gonna sit there for 5 random ppl so they can level.
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Dominionix
サーバ: Midgardsormr
By Midgardsormr.Dominionix 2010-02-22 10:05:41  
Fairy.Vegetto said:

This. We can turn over anything from 3-5k exp per campaign battle without even trying, and we only do it to recover a buffer after events.

Most people who have PLD at 75 have another job which would be more appropriate for meritting (SAM and RDM in my case), so we wouldn't join as a source of merits either.
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-02-22 10:06:57  
Ramuh.Scarmiglione said:
Why would a person sync down if they have nothing to gain except experience? PLD is in such high demand, not like turning down an invite will condemn them from getting a party in hours. Now on DD jobs, I can understand being picky because of weaponskills but you have to draw the line somewhere, unless you don't plan on hitting 75 until the day before servers close.

wait what?
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-02-22 10:08:06  
Ragnarok.Rusko said:
pld/dnc in campaign only. sucks your trying to get xp but no pld is gonna sit there for 5 random ppl so they can level.
I have. Don't say nobody would just because it's something you yourself wouldn't do.
 Ragnarok.Harpunnik
user: Harpunnik
By Ragnarok.Harpunnik 2010-02-22 10:13:26  
Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

PLD gets mad exp in campaign. Also not only allied notes but getting all the goodies in the coffers helps a bunch. Its like farming and pt'ing at the same time.

TBH when your PLD hits 75 you get invited to a PLD only club, and we have all these rules, one being is about not syncing lower than 72. There's many other zany rules but I'm not allowed th expose them. Really, i'm just there for the silly hat Tuesdays.
 Leviathan.Tamian
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-02-22 10:16:16  
My only 75 so far is PLD and since I got that level I've never be a level syncd pt at all. I love the job but I got bored of tanking in exp pts. Like one previous post says, I get same exp or more from campaign battle plus I work on the Allied Notes for my Iron Ram set (which is almost complete, only body piece missing).

I mostly do campaign battle for merits and help LS do missions, ENM, NM hunting etc... I am leveling SAM now to be able to do more fun stuff like dynamis, nyzul isle, sea, etc...

Regarding the skills, yes, shield is a pain to skill up, but with AF feet and boxers mantle you can compensate. I might also throw some merit points to the category. My sword is not 267 and that thanks to besieged.

Btw, now that I have been leveling SAM I noticed that there are a lot of bad PLDs out there.. jeez. Using DD gear on pts, not using mp at all.. the times I had died because of bad tanks :(
[+]
 Ramuh.Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 10:16:38  
Ragnarok.Harpunnik said:
Lakshmi.Jaguarx said:
Fairy.Vegetto said:

PLD gets mad exp in campaign. Also not only allied notes but getting all the goodies in the coffers helps a bunch. Its like farming and pt'ing at the same time.

TBH when your PLD hits 75 you get invited to a PLD only club, and we have all these rules, one being is about not syncing lower than 72. There's many other zany rules but I'm not allowed th expose them. Really, i'm just there for the silly hat Tuesdays.
I can't wait for silly hat Tuesdays!
 Ragnarok.Rusko
user: Rusko
By Ragnarok.Rusko 2010-02-22 10:18:57  
Bismarck.Ariyon said:
Ragnarok.Rusko said:
I have. Don't say nobody would just because it's something you yourself wouldn't do.

ive done it for friends, but ive got better things to do with my time then to sit there for ppl i dont know, on a job i dont need buffer on, for hours. which im sure at least 95% of the plds out there have the exact same situation.
[+]
 Bismarck.Ariyon
By Bismarck.Ariyon 2010-02-22 10:27:31  
Ragnarok.Rusko said:
Bismarck.Ariyon said:
Ragnarok.Rusko said:

ive done it for friends, but ive got better things to do with my time then to sit there for ppl i dont know, on a job i dont need buffer on, for hours.
And that's fine. Some people (myself included) don't have anything better to do when they're logged on, or might need the buffer. Personally I got tired of campaign, so an occasional sync party was a nice change.
 Ragnarok.Anye
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 13:38:26  
Yes, PLD/DNC gets mad EXP in campaign taking/dealing damage, curing self/others, raising, etc. Even if I die and get raised, I'll put on MP+ gear and start curing/raising other people while weakened. That being said, I think it's a personal reason why PLD75s don't level sync very often; people generally don't like EXP parties, as far as I'm aware. I personally missed old EXP parties on PLD once I hit 75, so when Level Sync was added to the game, I was pretty psyched. :3

If I'm online and not busy, and get an EXP invite, I'll gladly accept. :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Holyman
user: Holyman
By Ragnarok.Holyman 2010-02-22 13:45:07  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Yes, PLD/DNC gets mad EXP in campaign taking/dealing damage, curing self/others, raising, etc. Even if I die and get raised, I'll put on MP gear and start curing/raising other people while weakened. That being said, I think it's a personal reason why PLD75s don't level sync very often; people generally don't like EXP parties, as far as I'm aware. I personally missed old EXP parties on PLD once I hit 75, so when Level Sync was added to the game, I was pretty psyched. :3 If I'm online and not busy, and get an EXP invite, I'll gladly accept. :)

You have such a wonderful attitude Anye ;3 , wish if most players were like that <3 .
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-22 13:48:53  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Yes, PLD/DNC gets mad EXP in campaign taking/dealing damage, curing self/others, raising, etc. Even if I die and get raised, I'll put on MP gear and start curing/raising other people while weakened. That being said, I think it's a personal reason why PLD75s don't level sync very often; people generally don't like EXP parties, as far as I'm aware. I personally missed old EXP parties on PLD once I hit 75, so when Level Sync was added to the game, I was pretty psyched. :3

If I'm online and not busy, and get an EXP invite, I'll gladly accept. :)

Yea but;
Somewhere.Anye said:
I full time /war and Adaman body and legs and don't have Atonement

I wouldn't want to lose my JA's/merits/Atonement/4/5's of my gear to sync, to get the same EXP I can get in Campaign while I gain other stuff besides exp where I can afk and ***.
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-02-22 13:49:50  
Mr. Rumaha!!! D:<<<
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-22 13:50:47  
Bahamut.Ceviilla said:
Mr. Rumaha!!! D:<<<

Stalkerrrrrrrrrr,

Oh and I woulnd't want my Joyeuse to be ganked etc etc,
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-02-22 13:51:37  
Do you even have a joy toy?
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-22 13:55:06  
Bahamut.Ceviilla said:
Do you even have a joy toy?

[+]
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-02-22 13:56:27  
You just had to go SS it. Look at your phone, plz.
 Bahamut.Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-22 13:57:49  
Bahamut.Ceviilla said:
You just had to go SS it. Look at your phone, plz.

SS is from a while ago, actually.

And me and a lot of people with AT&T are having this problem where we like don't receive texts and phone calls, but we can send them, then all of a sudden they all appear at one time.
 Bahamut.Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-02-22 13:58:56  
Oh, I have that problem in game. Apparently you send me tells and I can't see them then you send angry texts cause I keep asking the same question over and over.

Anyways, back to the topic. I will sync down rarely. I like to go afk and be lazy most nights so campaign it is.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-02-22 14:11:26  
My experience is that if you actually trying to be nice to a total random pt and sync your tank down to their lv, and make sure to tell them you can only stay for like 90 min or so because you got other stuff to do after. First they're all "OMG thank you so very much", when the 90 min is up and you have to go, there's still no tanks looking for pt and they go on about how you're an *** for not getting a rep.

Now, why would any sane person put themselves through that?