Why Dont Lv75 Pld's Sync Down To 55+?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Ghaleon
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2010-04-10 15:12:26  
cuz if your using a pld in your 55 sync bird party, then your doing it wrong...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-04-10 15:49:56  
I've gotten more per hour from a standard party. Don't know why people have to be so right. There isn't only one way.
 Cerberus.Inglorion
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-04-10 18:51:28  
Cerberus.Arazien said:
While I understand your point, and never said that Shield Skill as a whole is useless, my entire point was that you can't rely on skilling it up in endgame like this Inglorion guy is saying, for two reasons:

1) You'll either be blinking or kiting a large amount of the time.
2) If the skill is not as high as you can get it before doing endgame, then you're pretty boned.

Granted, with Level Sync and Campaign, not to mention PLDs getting few invites in the 70s due to zerg and merit parties, most PLDs are going to have undercapped skill anyway.

Maybe i'm thinkin too much in the past, when I first leveled PLD everything was tanked /war, so obviously all my skills went up and capped pretty quick, but nowadays, I do have a girl in my ls who just finished leveling pld, what she did after getting it to 75 was go to Boyhoyda tree or however you spell it, and she skilled up pretty quick there for shield and sword skill. Also, back in the day when /nin was just becoming the thing for pld, you didn't depend on shield to block to recast shadows, you always timed it just like when playing nin. I guess SE made PLD so easy these days people are just lazy >.>....
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-04-10 20:42:48  
Some people level 70~75 in Campaign I don't see why they wouldn't do it in a Level Sync party. Especially since a pt is:
1. faster
2. Still doesn't give you skill ups regardless

I could see why a PLD who didn't have capped skills didn't want to exp but a PLD with capped skills, I don't see why they can't just sync down to recap exp or something like that. It sure does beat the hell out of campaign in most Aht Urgan area parties.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2010-04-10 20:58:32  
Cerberus.Inglorion said:
Also, back in the day when /nin was just becoming the thing for pld, you didn't depend on shield to block to recast shadows, you always timed it just like when playing nin. I guess SE made PLD so easy these days people are just lazy >.>....

I do agree with most being lazy, and not capping shield skill before using pld in a very 'we need you to stay alive and keep hate' situation. However saying that people are 'lazy' for not timing spells right is quite rediculous imo, with the amount of end game mobs that Double/Triple Attack, have nearly Dagger delay, hit like trucks, AND spam AoE weapon skills. I'd rather throw on shield skill as a caution while casting, then try to 'time' it.
 Sylph.Sindri
サーバ: Sylph
user: Sindri
By Sylph.Sindri 2010-04-10 21:28:35  
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
once of the many thing thats been eating at me for ages now

i dont see the harm in it

Slower kills, they don't want too. PLD can be quite effective in meripos, Lvl 55 is boring and takes forever to get minimal XP in most situations. There are bird burn setups that even at that level in ToAU work very well but the PLD would be taking up a DD spot. Can't force em eh?
 Bismarck.Azagthothe
user: Azagthoth
By Bismarck.Azagthothe 2010-04-10 22:12:08  
Grab a DNC and use a SAM/WAR as a tank. The healer will end up getting bored though, because he/she won't have anything to do. Or, if you want to be more aggresive you can always try using two SAMs to dual tank the mobs and drop the DNC.

Either way, you don't need a PLD, to tank a level 55 party.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-04-10 22:29:05  
Regarding whatever it is said, I couldn't get a party even for my blu fron 65+ so bascially I said to myself, well then everyone on my server can go kiss my arse, b.c I had my flag for ages. Since I can go to campaign and go lvl, ic an go skill up afterwards if I need to play catch up. I just think generally if you have all your skills capped on a PLD or any other job that has sigificant skills, why go do a few lvls where it will inhibit you to perform at your best?

Honestly, IMO, ppl can't get off their high horse to come to down and lvl at what you are looking at , specifically a pld type job, its going to get worse or your going to have to find or wait for a tank to come to your level. I know its completely a pain in the arse. Trust me.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-04-10 23:02:54  
It depends on the setup really, at 55 I find a pld pretty necessary unless the DD's are good.

at 57+ on Lesser's I prefer to have no pld and full DD setup.

I skip Imps as much as possible, as I find them slow as hell.

(69 brd who syncs to 55 at the lowest with capped skills lol)
 Siren.Mordekai
サーバ: Siren
user: Shredda
By Siren.Mordekai 2010-04-11 05:05:20  
i sync my pld down for friends sometimes, but after hnm/endgame hp parties on pld kick in the ADD
 Unicorn.Fosgate
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Fosgate
By Unicorn.Fosgate 2010-04-11 14:43:09  
I wont sync down because of lost ja's and gear effects. Im too comfortable at 75 with managing hate based on my gear and JA's. If i sync down, the whole feel of hate control is all out of whack and its more annoying than anything. Its like trying to learn the job all over again. Same reason why a Thf doesnt like to lvl sync below 60 after they get assassin.
By Gannonman 2010-04-11 15:12:14  
Fairy.Vegetto said:
Because I guess they prefer campaign

This (at least for me)
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-11 15:31:00  
For me, it's 'cause usually the people bug me. Just cause I'm in Whitegate or Zabi on PLD doesn't mean I wanna fight a colibri. I'll get a dozen or so invites and half of them will demand to know why when I say no. Can't a man craft in peace?
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-11 15:32:13  
Quote:
PLD can be quite effective in meripos
Naw dude
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-11 15:32:53  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Naw dude

Okay. Why not?
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-04-11 15:38:04  
a) It's a 1hander.
b) Vorpal Blade just doesn't cut it and mobs dont last long enough for atonement.
c) Why would you want a PLD verse birds? They can't cap their ACC in a good set without food.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-11 15:39:17  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
Quote:
Naw dude

Okay. Why not?
Well, it depends on your definition of effective.

Tank effective? Definitely not. Mob won't give pld a second thought once someone tosses a ws into it.

DD effective? Definitely not. Pld can't deal damage like jobs designed to DD can.

Can you have a pld in a party and get good exp, yes. Is it because the pld himself is effective, no. The only way to have an effective party with a pld is with good players who are good enough to pick up for the pld's slack, which is the other people being effective, not the pld himself.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dreakon
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-04-11 16:00:39  
My Pld is 75, and I would never use it on birds. It's a waste of a party slot. I always use my Corsair, and if I'm lucky, my Drk.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-11 16:04:02  
So in other words, merit parties are simply too fast paced for PLD to keep up in any way shape or form, including dps & keeping enmity.

That's understandable. Makes sense why so many prefer campaign.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-11 16:06:59  
it's fun for me to sync my pld down. it was the first job i levelled, and i had no *** clue what i was doing. I fulltimed AF and voked, sentineled, and flashed.

now i have level sync spellcast xmls with idle/tp/ws/non-flash enmity action/flash/cure/oshit sets, as well as cure cheats. I don't actively seek for level sync parties on my paladin, but i like to sync down for friends and "atone" for all the times i was doinitrong.

However, like several on this thread have said, about 57+, you're really better off without a paladin taking up a DD slot. Still, it's fun to tank in parties where people haven't yet figured out that they don't need one, and simply do it because it's always been done that way.
 Bismarck.Dreakon
user: Dreakon
By Bismarck.Dreakon 2010-04-11 16:07:05  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
So in other words, merit parties are simply too fast paced for PLD to keep up in any way shape or form, including dps & keeping enmity.

That's understandable. Makes sense why so many prefer campaign.

I see you haven't gotten a job high enough to merit yourself. Well, meriting usually works like this; Brd pulls a mob to camp, everyone hits it with everything they have, mob explodes in a flurry of WS's, JA's, etc, Brd either has a mob already slept and waiting in "camp" or on its way. In a good party, mobs don't even stay alive long enough for Voke or Flash to be ready again.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-04-11 16:16:44  
wrong thread
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-11 16:17:14  
Mijin Gakure? >_>
 Diabolos.Deltafox
サーバ: Diabolos
user: dfox
By Diabolos.Deltafox 2010-04-11 16:24:25  
If 75PLD is the only job they have and they aren't in a EGLS they probably don't need the merits, or the xp buffer. If they are already 75 their shield skill should already be capped. But odds are they have another DD job that's 75 that they merit on because no one invites pld's to parties since TOAU got released.

To the OP about level sync. First and foremost it's their choice if they want to or don't want to so get over it.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-11 16:37:30  
Not sure if this question belongs here but, at what point does PLD essentially stop focusing on turtle builds and intermingles DD capacity with enmity keeping techniques instead of stacking VIT HP and high defense items like really early on.

Because I know @75 blood tanking just doesn't work very well, esp. not for big bosses.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-11 16:46:12  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Not sure if this question belongs here but, at what point does PLD essentially stop focusing on turtle builds and intermingles DD capacity with enmity keeping techniques instead of stacking VIT HP and high defense items like really early on.

you can really do it much earlier, but i'd say level 55 or so is when failure to do so really starts affecting your performance.

your voke and flash generate the same amount of enmity at level 10 pld/war and lvl 37 pld as it does level 75 pld. For the beginning levels, voke and flash are overpowered enough that pld is a really easy job. by 75, they're quite underpowered if you're tanking in a party still. i'd say that level 55 is about the time your average dd's WS starts outstripping the hate generated by your voke or flash. good dd's will manage it a bit sooner.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-04-11 16:48:37  
So at that point it'd be a good idea to start dishing out damage of your own to keep the threshold of enmity on your side rather than specifically relying on voke/flash to get it back. With 2-3 DDs in your party you'd get frustrated very quickly once they all start going nuts and your cooldowns aren't ready.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-04-11 16:55:21  
well, there are enough fulltime AF paladins out there that they wouldn't really notice anything amiss, if you are satisfied with being mediocre. But yes, 55 , you'll start losing hate consistently against good dds. By level 60, you should be at the very least tping in PCC/hauby/woodsmans/royal knights breeches/headlong or swift belt, idling in parade gorget/vermy, and macroing in mermaids/af/hateful collar for enmity. I'd suggest fulltiming high breath mantle until you get toreadors cape, at which time you can tp in a dd cape and macro in toreadors for enmity. Those are minimums, you could take it a lot further than that

if you take the plunge and start using spellcast now, you will save yourself a lot of pain and hardship in the future

it's also nice to remember that sentinel gives a massive enmity bonus to subsequent enmity generating moves.

it makes me cringe when i see a paladin use voke, flash, and THEN sentinel
 Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate 2010-04-11 17:04:44  
wow this thread still alive

it has nothing to do about being "mediocre" its about helping other players