Why Dont Lv75 Pld's Sync Down To 55+?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-22 17:24:34  
Quote:
I'll sync to lv 1 if it's for ls. /random 5 people? No thanks.

I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL
[+]
 Pandemonium.Tygon
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Tygon 2010-02-22 17:49:31  
toooooooooo lazy to skill up.. Same reason a lot o peoples dun wanna level stink.. Just lazy..

Why go for faster XP/Merits and spend the extra time getting skill ups when you can just sit and stare @ pixels™ waiting for a meripo for hours and hours...

& hours....

OMG a besieged!!! Time fro some skill ups!

1 hour @ Besieged = 2k XP average
Campaign Battle = still leaves you gimped
Level Stink for 13-20k+ /hr = priceless
 Ramuh.Lucried
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lucried
By Ramuh.Lucried 2010-02-22 17:58:57  
myself i got to much gear aimed at 75 to make 8khr worthwhile to me. yes i tend to get painfully slow partys /sigh. its a massive hassle to change ALL of my macros for a couple hours worth of xp. for pld ill stick to campaign battle, as much as i hate that haha.
 Hades.Triet
サーバ: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2010-02-22 18:01:42  
I don't mind suffering and not being able to skill up, can always do that later or whatever...

Personally, I think level sync is the best thing that actually allows a PLD to merit, seeing as how merit parties are now mostly TP burn. But I don't level sync very often on PLD because despite the fact that Level Sync was a great idea it just completely ganks my gear. Seriously, I feel I would be better off tanking in the nude vs wearing crappy level sync'd armor...
 Ramuh.Krizz
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Krizz
By Ramuh.Krizz 2010-02-22 18:08:16  
When I hit 75, I'll campaign battle to keep xp capped. I'll use my WHM to merit.

I doubt I'll level sync it at all unless it's a favor for a LS mate.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 18:20:55  
Ramuh.Krizz said:
When I hit 75, I'll campaign battle to keep xp capped.
Lol, that's pretty much what I do. If you plan it right and have good luck with longgggg-*** campaigns, you can pretty much get a decent buffer in about 2 hours.
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-02-22 18:30:25  
I never level sync on my PLD unless I"m really bored and it's with LS mates. If I'm going to seek it will be on my BLU. I can cap xp and AN in campaign as /rdm and get a high enough buffer for whatever event I'm doing in the span of an hour without anyone else. This is why PLD's do not sync down.
~Tora
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 18:31:19  
*Stares longingly at Tora's avatar* Do you uh, have a larger version of that O_O

-edit- nvm, found it. AWESOME.
 Siren.Narayan
サーバ: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-02-23 16:36:29  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL

Ask my LS I will sync down. Helping ls mate lv his DRK (which was 12) for RDM sub and will start on his WHM (which is 1) soon as he hits 37DRK.

I have no reason to lie about anything lol.
 Hades.Stefanos
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2010-02-23 16:40:25  
Siren.Narayan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL

Ask my LS I will sync down. Helping ls mate lv his DRK (which was 12) for RDM sub and will start on his WHM (which is 1) soon as he hits 37DRK.

Unless I'm being wooshed, you can only Level Sync at level 10 or higher.
 Siren.Maximillion
user: mozart
By Siren.Maximillion 2010-02-23 16:40:40  
Siren.Narayan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL

You can sync down on me all night long. I need to level RDM sub too.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-02-23 16:56:25  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Siren.Narayan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL

^
 Odin.Eirwen
サーバ: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2010-02-24 05:18:51  
As PLD75, I usually campaign to keep my buffer up. But I won't say no to tanking an EXP party, as long as it's above Jungle levels, and friend of mine is in said party that needs a tank (usually the friend who asks me to come tanking).

I got my current PLD buffer from replacing my NIN37 self in an East Ronfaure (S) party.

Garuda.Darkfurycult
サーバ: Garuda
By Garuda.Darkfurycult 2010-02-24 09:38:12  
cant really add to what hasnt alrdy been said

as for me ill use pld in sync if for a friend other wise campaign battle
 Fairy.Vytiss
サーバ: Fairy
user: Vytiss
By Fairy.Vytiss 2010-02-24 10:09:11  
you need PLD in exp pts?
 Odin.Eirwen
サーバ: Odin
user: dhkite
By Odin.Eirwen 2010-02-24 10:26:40  
Fairy.Vytiss said:
you need PLD in exp pts?
No. You don't -need- PLD in EXP parties. But against certain mobs it's better to have a PLD tank them instead of a NIN or to have hate bounce around between the DDs and saves the Mage from reaching low MP too fast.

(OMG I seriously answered this... XD)
 Siren.Narayan
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-02-24 12:34:34  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Siren.Narayan said:
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL

Haha, you're right. Well, I would if I could. :) If my guide beret worked with anyone...
 Bahamut.Stanflame
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-02-25 12:08:23  
Garuda.Hypnotizd said:
No Atonement :x

/
 Seraph.Chasuro
サーバ: Seraph
user: Chasuro
By Seraph.Chasuro 2010-02-27 03:21:27  
Because PLD is boring. Who wants to go BACK to a bird camp and do the same thing for hours?
 Caitsith.Zelmont
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zelmont1
By Caitsith.Zelmont 2010-02-27 03:32:57  
Level sinc is good and all for exp but why would i want to have my gear convert to garbage, along with weak skills/abilitys just so you can exp? nah ill campaign :p
 Phoenix.Zeotah
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Zeota
By Phoenix.Zeotah 2010-03-08 12:26:09  
I'll usually do this for friends if they ask and I'm not tied up with something else. Anyone else I'd just as soon campaign if I'm that hard-up for buffer.
 Hades.Sephrin
user: xSephrinx
By Hades.Sephrin 2010-03-08 12:39:03  
Personally I don't have gear to sync down below 68 >.>; Most of my PLD AF gear is +1'd and I'd have nothing to effectively tank in a 54+ party. At 68 I have the full Iron Ram set which is awesome for its level.

I don't level sync on pld, like most of you said, unless its for a friend. Campaign for exp buffer is the general consensus.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-03-08 12:43:53  
Why is this thread still alive?

It's not like anyone can force someone else to sync down to their lv just because "they cant find a tank".

Answer to this whole thread is:

Wait for it....

Some ppl DO level sync and some dont /gasp!

Those who are so unhappy with others that dont sync down to their lv on their PLD, why dont you lv PLD yourself and spend your days syncing down to benefit those poor poor people who cant find a tank.

/endthread
[+]
 Bismarck.Darklucifer
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Darklucifer 2010-03-08 12:44:33  
Seraph.Chasuro said:
Because PLD is boring. Who wants to go BACK to a bird camp and do the same thing for hours?
True Strike.....Pld was my first job lvl 70+ i was so bored of thim that i lvl RDM SAM and BRD 75 before i lvl`d my pld to 75. I capped ma skills and got max exp buff bc of campaign. nothing will bring me into xp pts with my pld again.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Cerberus.Inglorion
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Inglorion
By Cerberus.Inglorion 2010-04-09 17:49:29  
lol I was just argueing about this the other day.I found alot of pld @ 65+ that refuse to sync down because of falling behind on skill. But let me tell you this, once you hit 75 pld, it's still going to be worthless unless you have some homam and some other good gear capped skill or uncapped skill. When you're at 75 pld, if you're even considering useing it for endgame, you're going to be usein it so much that your ***is gonna cap quicker than you think.
So overall, to me, it really doesn't *** matter if you sync down, sync down, get some exp and stfu about your shield skill etc.
 Cerberus.Arazien
user: Arazien
By Cerberus.Arazien 2010-04-09 20:47:43  
Right, except during most endgame events PLDs are either /nin and blink tanking or kiting, rendering shield useless because it won't proc when you're kiting or when shadows are up. Sure, it'll be useful when shadows are down, but you won't find there's enough opportunity to effectively skill as your shadows should never be down long.
[+]
 Diabolos.Torazalinto
サーバ: Diabolos
By Diabolos.Torazalinto 2010-04-10 10:35:31  
Shield skill is our ace in the hole. Our bread and butter. Even /nin having high shield skill available is a requirement. How else do you think you're going to get those shadows BACK up? And yes you'll do a lot of endgame as /nin the "main event" for MOST players is dynamis and you'll spend the majority of your time as /war and thing that's gonna keep you alive more than anything is your shield skill. Or you can go in with an undercapped shield and never block and constantly take 100+ damage hits rather than making them more like 20 damage.
 Cerberus.Arazien
user: Arazien
By Cerberus.Arazien 2010-04-10 14:00:08  
While I understand your point, and never said that Shield Skill as a whole is useless, my entire point was that you can't rely on skilling it up in endgame like this Inglorion guy is saying, for two reasons:

1) You'll either be blinking or kiting a large amount of the time.
2) If the skill is not as high as you can get it before doing endgame, then you're pretty boned.

Granted, with Level Sync and Campaign, not to mention PLDs getting few invites in the 70s due to zerg and merit parties, most PLDs are going to have undercapped skill anyway.
[+]
 Sylph.Budoukiba
サーバ: Sylph
user: Budou
By Sylph.Budoukiba 2010-04-10 14:04:35  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:

I DOUBT THAT YOU WILL

But you can't go below lvl 10. :P

*Also, why sync down from -75- unless they were your friend and they were -really- nice? I don't sync below the Mire anymore on my NIN71 because my EVA is behind by 15 lvls. Besides, I wouldn't ask people to sync from 75 anyway, go for 74 max in emergency situations. Otherwise, try to aim for people within 10 lvls of the sync, because it can annoy people, like myself, if I were asked to sync down some 30 lvls for poor exp.
 Bahamut.Evilswine
user: Evilswine
By Bahamut.Evilswine 2010-04-10 14:48:42  
Because their nq amemet deals less damage at 55 :(