Why Dont Lv75 Pld's Sync Down To 55+?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-22 14:22:37  
Any PLDs who sync do from 75 are doing their servers ppl lfp a big favour imo /bow /thankyou etc I had the good fortune of having a few 75 plds sync down to east ron or 55+ colibri party. TBH the only benefit I can see for a PLD doing this over campaign is imperial standing for ISNM or a perdu weapon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 14:30:16  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Yes, PLD/DNC gets mad EXP in campaign taking/dealing damage, curing self/others, raising, etc. Even if I die and get raised, I'll put on MP gear and start curing/raising other people while weakened. That being said, I think it's a personal reason why PLD75s don't level sync very often; people generally don't like EXP parties, as far as I'm aware. I personally missed old EXP parties on PLD once I hit 75, so when Level Sync was added to the game, I was pretty psyched. :3

If I'm online and not busy, and get an EXP invite, I'll gladly accept. :)

Yea but;
Somewhere.Anye said:
I full time /war and Adaman body and legs and don't have Atonement

I wouldn't want to lose my JA's/merits/Atonement/4/5's of my gear to sync, to get the same EXP I can get in Campaign while I gain other stuff besides exp where I can afk and ***.
My full quote is:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Well, yeah. But it works with FFXI. ^^;

I'm just an old-school Paladin, dontchaknow--I full-time /WAR, wear Adaman Cuirass/Cuisses, and don't have Atonement.

(It's all true except for the 1st part ;3)
I don't want to have to explain myself, but, whatever:
Adaman set was given to me by a friend, and I don't do endgame. I'm currently working towards my Iron Ram Hauberk set (which is why you don't see me saying "full-time Adaman Barbuta/Gauntlets/Cuirass/Cuisses"--I just obtained Iron Ram Sallet and Dastanas a couple months ago, and am working towards the AN/rank for Iron Ram Hose/Greaves/Hauberk in between classes and helping out my LS.

I also don't do Nyzul, and haven't had a chance to floor up 1-100--(cf. my previous comment on classes and helping out ls.)

Still, even if I had full Relic/Iron Ram/Homam/Askar/Valhalla/Ares'/Atonement/Burtgang, I'd still EXP party. <3
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-22 14:32:26  
Ohmigawd I was just kidding with you D:
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 14:41:48  
Ofine D;

IM A PLD, IM NATURALLY DEFENSIVE Q_Q
[+]
 Bahamut.Rumaha
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Rumaha
By Bahamut.Rumaha 2010-02-22 14:45:38  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ofine D;

I understand D:

And lol'd
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2010-02-22 14:47:34  
Anye knows ALL about how to play old school paladin since she started leveling it when dinosaurs roamed.

<3 Anye (momo)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-22 14:48:44  
Garuda.Aurilius said:
I don't ever party on my paladin for exp, be it merits or otherwise.

Why would you party on your paladin for exp? As already mentioned, other jobs get it faster. I'll do campaign to cap my buffer, but that's about it.

This is the correct answer. The thing is, why would you want a paladin at 55+? a group of /nin's can bounce hate and tank colibs just fine, and you don't have to waste a slot that could be dealing heavy damage.

55+, dd paladin in xp is the correct answer, as far as paladin goes. Still, i think the gradual dd'ization of paladin in xp parties really amounts to to a slow but sure realization that it's a war/nin you really want there anyway.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 14:49:15  
Ragnarok.Ashman said:
Anye knows ALL about how to play old school paladin since she started leveling it when dinosaurs roamed.

<3 Anye (momo)
Ash-sama <3
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-22 14:50:27  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
I don't want to have to explain myself, but, whatever:
Adaman set was given to me by a friend, and I don't do endgame. I'm currently working towards my Iron Ram Hauberk set (which is why you don't see me saying "full-time Adaman Barbuta/Gauntlets/Cuirass/Cuisses"--I just obtained Iron Ram Sallet and Dastanas a couple months ago, and am working towards the AN/rank for Iron Ram Hose/Greaves/Hauberk in between classes and helping out my LS.

i think the groans may come more from using one set of gear than the actual gear that makes up the set
 Cerberus.Phyrefly
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Phyrefly
By Cerberus.Phyrefly 2010-02-22 14:55:46  
Personally, I don't like to level sync/merit on pld because I'm just sick of tanking in exp parties. Did it for 75 levels. I have to pay attention too much when I'm tanking lol. I'd rather just campaign.
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-22 14:59:55  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Garuda.Aurilius said:
I don't ever party on my paladin for exp, be it merits or otherwise. Why would you party on your paladin for exp? As already mentioned, other jobs get it faster. I'll do campaign to cap my buffer, but that's about it.
This is the correct answer. The thing is, why would you want a paladin at 55 ? a group of /nin's can bounce hate and tank colibs just fine, and you don't have to waste a slot that could be dealing heavy damage. 55 , dd paladin in xp is the correct answer, as far as paladin goes. Still, i think the gradial dd'ization of paladin in xp parties really amounts to to a slow but sure realization that it's a war/nin you really want there anyway.

You need immense ammount of support or a very good war/nin to work colibri 54+ imo, like double bard / rdm / dnc / war / 2nd dd party even if you drop the dnc from this setup for a 3rd dd this can put alot of pressure on the rdm as the sub nin dont have NI yet. Tickle imo is the main thing anyway if the pld can hold hate off the penta sam/war/drg to take the tickle instead then job done. While im lvling pup/war ill only invite a PLD a NIN is not trustworthy enough to hold hate, and all war gets ontop is bit more dot and warcry.

Setup ive been using recently is me as pup/war, any penta job i can find thats good, pld, rdm and 2 brds. This should be fine to chain endlessly say 56+. But ya my point is war/nin tank for colibri esp at 54 I dont think is that good.
 Ramuh.Herrmann
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Herrmann
By Ramuh.Herrmann 2010-02-22 15:02:59  
Theres a bunch of reasons why a PLD wouldn't want to sync.

Personally i hate syncing down to 55 for a few reasons.

1. People like to be noobish.

2. Slug shot/penta/squishy birds makes me do work.

3. I can get more xp/hr in a 75 party on PLD with friends letting me leech.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-22 15:05:41  
Fairy.Basilo said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Garuda.Aurilius said:
I don't ever party on my paladin for exp, be it merits or otherwise. Why would you party on your paladin for exp? As already mentioned, other jobs get it faster. I'll do campaign to cap my buffer, but that's about it.
This is the correct answer. The thing is, why would you want a paladin at 55 ? a group of /nin's can bounce hate and tank colibs just fine, and you don't have to waste a slot that could be dealing heavy damage. 55 , dd paladin in xp is the correct answer, as far as paladin goes. Still, i think the gradial dd'ization of paladin in xp parties really amounts to to a slow but sure realization that it's a war/nin you really want there anyway.

You need immense ammount of support or a very good war/nin to work colibri 54 imo, like double bard / rdm / dnc / war / 2nd dd party even if you drop the dnc from this setup for a 3rd dd this can put alot of pressure on the rdm as the sub nin dont have NI yet. Tickle imo is the main thing anyway if the pld can hold hate off the penta sam/war/drg to take the tickle instead then job done. While im lvling pup/war ill only invite a PLD a NIN is not trustworthy enough to hold hate, and all war gets ontop is bit more dot and warcry.

Setup ive been using recently is me as pup/war, any penta job i can find thats good, pld, rdm and 2 brds. This should be fine to chain endlessly say 56 . But ya my point is war/nin tank for colibri esp at 54 I dont think is that good.

admittedly since i partly almost entirely with LS, my veiwpoint may be distorted, but we've been syncing down to colibs for a RL friend who just started playing, and i find a double war/nin setup makes for very effective tanking.

I do acknowledge, though, that knowing the other war and being on skype make this method easier than it could be in a pickup.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-02-22 15:11:20  
Ahhh 2 wars lol fair enough bro.
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 15:16:31  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
i think the groans may come more from using one set of gear than the actual gear that makes up the set
I see what you're saying, maybe I should clarify? I do have different sets macro'd for different situations, but as I've stated before, I'm limited in terms of "endgame" gear such as Valor Surcoat, AF+1, Homam pants, Askar hands/feet, and Iron Ram Hauberk set is the only "easily obtainable" and useful set I have access to, along with full PLD AF and Adaman set.
 Garuda.Mameshiba
サーバ: Garuda
user: Mameshiba
By Garuda.Mameshiba 2010-02-22 15:19:06  
Bahamut.Rumaha said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ofine D;

I understand D:

And lol'd
Damn, that makes a lot of sense !!
Is that a golden rule or something? =O It explains the behavior of my friends a lot, loool!
 Leviathan.Tamian
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-02-22 15:21:31  
I actually "mastered" my tanking technique fighting those damn birds. When you have 2 SAMs and a DRG or 2 DRG and a SAM it is quite a task. I am proud to say that few ppl died on my pts.

That being said, I got bored of tanking on exp pts and now that I can go campaign and get the same/more exp per hour and actually have more fun soloing a mob or just trying to get hate it is just not an option to go to exp pts.

Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-02-22 15:34:11  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
I see what you're saying, maybe I should clarify? I do have different sets macro'd for different situations, but as I've stated before, I'm limited in terms of "endgame" gear such as Valor Surcoat, AF 1, Homam pants, Askar hands/feet, and Iron Ram Hauberk set is the only "easily obtainable" and useful set I have access to, along with full PLD AF and Adaman set.

hauby, vermy, darksteel, woodsman, peacock, dusk, wahlara, etc.

i'm not even saying you don't have gearsets, i'm just saying since your profile usually shows you in an enmity set, people may assume you fulltime it

you may want to talk to raenryong, he's very good at helping paladins acheive near-endgame results with ah gear and excellent macroes

he helped me a good bit with my sets, and i can certainly tell the difference

then again, i've always gotten the vibe that you were more into fun than seriously fine-tuning your stuff, and of course you know better than me that can elicit some groans on ffxi forums, not saying it's good or bad

Carbuncle.Zitale
user: Zitale
By Carbuncle.Zitale 2010-02-22 15:55:09  
Gilgamesh.Cardinalgate said:
why dont Lv75 Pld's sync down to 55+?

Everyone ... stop trying to convince him ... just remember that this person will be ready to accept your lv55+ party invites once he's Pld75.

He's not selfish as he say you are, so don't hesitate to spam him synch party invites!
Even spam him dunes party invite for his Pld, while he's not on Pld: he's such a generous person, he'll accept for sure!
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 15:59:53  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
I see what you're saying, maybe I should clarify? I do have different sets macro'd for different situations, but as I've stated before, I'm limited in terms of "endgame" gear such as Valor Surcoat, AF 1, Homam pants, Askar hands/feet, and Iron Ram Hauberk set is the only "easily obtainable" and useful set I have access to, along with full PLD AF and Adaman set.

hauby, vermy, darksteel, woodsman, peacock, dusk, wahlara, etc.

i'm not even saying you don't have gearsets, i'm just saying since your profile usually shows you in an enmity set, people may assume you fulltime it

you may want to talk to raenryong, he's very good at helping paladins acheive near-endgame results with ah gear and excellent macroes

he helped me a good bit with my sets, and i can certainly tell the difference

then again, i've always gotten the vibe that you were more into fun than seriously fine-tuning your stuff, and of course you know better than me that can elicit some groans on ffxi forums, not saying it's good or bad
XD thanks, Sev, you're completely right. I do play for the fun, but at the same time I'm serious about Paladin, so I want to treat the job respectfully with the right gear and all. :) Thanks for the advice!

I used to "have" hauby, but the friend whom I borrowed it from returned to the game ; ;

Ahhhh gil.... T_T
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-02-22 16:03:09  
Actually the other day I logged on as 75PLD/DNC after about 2 minutes I got around lvl 56 party invite. I don't mind going that low, I just miss my Joyeuse </3 ;___; and iron ram, atonement, reprisal, rampart, and sentinel recast merits, haste gear, etc... but you get the idea.

But if I'm currently not doing anything for a few hours I'd be happy to tank a lower lvl party. Now ask me to tank for a party below lesser colibri and {Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.}

I know it's probably been said, but I personally wouldn't sync that low if I actually wanted xp/merit points though. I can get faster by getting a group of friends together and letting me join a bird merit party or something.. sure atonement won't work well, but I can use DD gear and flash pull for the birds.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-02-22 16:03:51  
if you're skills aren't capped, you have no reason to sync that low, unless you were made of fail.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2010-02-22 16:05:57  
Carbuncle.Zitale said:
Everyone ... stop trying to convince him ... just remember that this person will be ready to accept your lv55 party invites once he's Pld75.

He's not selfish as he say you are, so don't hesitate to spam him synch party invites!
Even spam him dunes party invite for his Pld, while he's not on Pld: he's such a generous person, he'll accept for sure!

Pure win. I hope it happens
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Ofine D;

Pft!! Sub ninja and DD!
 Ragnarok.Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-02-22 16:11:00  
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Actually the other day I logged on as 75PLD/DNC after about 2 minutes I got around lvl 56 party invite. I don't mind going that low, I just miss my Joyeuse </3 ;___;
You can still use it, but you just get all /sadpanda that you don't get that satisfying swish-swish double attack. :(

Unless you're /WAR, then you get it some of the time. :P
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-02-22 16:31:02  
Anye, I know that other ppl like the party invites or Meripos when your at high lvls, but tbh, even tho when I play my BLU72/WHM36, I still do not mind the low level-sync party invites. I mean if your a PLD at ahigh lvl and no one is on at your lvl to get ainvite at, Don't ppl just believe in the "Take what you get" attitude anymore?

I look at it this way, when you got your flag, your lucky to get an invite!

/sigh
 Lakshmi.Wardens
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Wardens
By Lakshmi.Wardens 2010-02-22 16:35:08  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Lakshmi.Wardens said:
Actually the other day I logged on as 75PLD/DNC after about 2 minutes I got around lvl 56 party invite. I don't mind going that low, I just miss my Joyeuse </3 ;___;

You can still use it, but you just get all /sadpanda that you don't get that satisfying swish-swish double attack. :(

Unless you're /WAR, then you get it some of the time. :P

True story ;_; makes me sad... *misses his swish-swish* /cry
 Siren.Narayan
サーバ: Siren
user: Narayan
By Siren.Narayan 2010-02-22 16:57:23  
I don't seek party anymore. My 75's cover a broad enough spectrum to be anyman in a party. So it's:
/l who needs to lv a job and what sync?
/l what job you want me?

I'll tank, I'll DD, I'll heal, I'll dance all day, I'lll leech; it doesn't matter. But then again, I do ls party onry now (even campaign or FoV is ls or gtfo).

I'll sync to lv 1 if it's for ls. /random 5 people? No thanks.

Tank is boring PLD or NIN. Tank on DNC or stfu.

^small caveat: There is a bunny or a fast casting BLM that will kill you no matter what lv or job you are.
[+]
 Fairy.Shirahime
user: Chobit
By Fairy.Shirahime 2010-02-22 17:10:57  
if i have to use pld to get exp @75 i'd choose campaign for the following reasons:

No lfp time
I start whenever I want
I stop at any time
I go afk whenever I want
Full gear/ja/spell/etc unlocked = more fun
Campaign fun > exp pt fun
AN gain
Campaign medals gain

maybe some other reasons too but these are just enough to make me choose
 Fairy.Shiyo