PLD + Hauby, Yay Or Nay?

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » PLD + Hauby, yay or nay?
PLD + Hauby, yay or nay?
First Page 2 3 4
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-07 13:53:36  
I know this has probably been brought up several times, but I'm looking for a simple, straight up answer.

A friend of mine asked me what TP body he should use on his 75 PLD, I recommend the Hauby +1 he uses on his NIN, SAM, WAR.

His Reply: "I'm not using a Hauby on PLD"
Mine: "..Why?"
"It's stupid"
"...Tell me why it's stupid"
"It just is"

So, PLD's and Math addicts alike. Is there any unbelievably, ungodly detrimental effects for a PLD while wearing Hauby+1?

My reasoning behind using it:
1. +15 acc (12 acc, DEX+6 -> 3 acc)
2. +15 attack (12 att, STR+6 -> 3 att)
3. lolPLDEvasion

I'm not going to pretend to know how to gear a PLD perfectly, I don't have it levelled yet, but I'm in the process of levelling it on another char.

I'm looking at this purely from a TP Standpoint, not factoring Hauby into WS.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 13:55:15  
Haub+1 is great for HNMs for attonment spam tp build.
[+]
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-07 13:58:47  
Hauby+1 is the best TP body for Paladin except Nocturnus Mail.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-05-07 14:00:01  
Only pieces that beat Haub +1 for Atonement TP are Nocturnus Mail and situationally Ares's Cuirass (high buff situations)... go for it.
 Valefor.Argettio
サーバ: Valefor
user: Argettio
By Valefor.Argettio 2010-05-07 14:00:51  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Hauby 1 is the best TP body for Paladin except Nocturnus Mail.

This
[+]
 Asura.Atua
サーバ: Asura
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-05-07 14:01:03  
If he has one... why not? Not a whole lot of acc bodies for pld anyway. I've never been a fan of using haub myself, only cause I'm paranoid about -stats.
[+]
 Kujata.Akeda
サーバ: Kujata
user: Akeda
By Kujata.Akeda 2010-05-07 14:01:54  
Quote:
"It just is"

This is what elementary school kids people say when they don't have a valid reason.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-07 14:02:05  
It's the only AH-able option available for a PLD's TP build (other than the NQ). Unless he has Ares, or some other endgame gear comparable to Hauby.

-edit- Except lolByrnie >_>
 Asura.Atua
user: Atua
By Asura.Atua 2010-05-07 14:04:30  
There's avalon breastplate, if he's looking for something else, comes with enmity too, /shurg
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2010-05-07 14:11:22  
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks "PLD's dont wear Hauby" was the worst possible excuse for it..

Thanks for the replies guys, I'm glad I wasn't going wrong recommending it!
 Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sect
By Quetzalcoatl.Sectumsempra 2010-05-07 14:14:02  
YAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-07 14:14:05  
Haubergeon is doubly-good for, say, a merit level party (I know it never happens but just for the sake of argument, let's say you get a party on DD PLD). -20 EVA means a roughly 10% chance less to Evade, which will increase your block rate by +10% to compensate. THat means 10% more shield procs, where every Shield Proc gives +5 TP. So even better for an Atonement build.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 14:17:15  
If you're tanking bubbly bernie, sure, Eternius, but other than that, Haub+1 isn't going to dock your evasion a single bit because any mob worth a *** is already going to be capping their acc vs a pld.

Edit: Nvm not even for bernie, as your eva will be capped as well and even w/ the -20, still be capped.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-07 14:20:55  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
If you're tanking bubbly bernie, sure, Eternius, but other than that, Haub 1 isn't going to dock your evasion a single bit because any mob worth a *** is already going to be capping their acc vs a pld.
Assuming capped merits, your evade rate isn't going to be floored until you get to roughly LV83 mobs, though it will be low, yes. With merits, it goes up a level, of course, to 84.

Regardless, that's assuming you never use Flash or your mages never use Blind (Blahblahblah Blind is useless because PLD isn't an EVA tank to begin with).
 Bahamut.Ericcheco
user: Checo
By Bahamut.Ericcheco 2010-05-07 14:21:10  
You can possibly do Homam Body, it offers comparable accuracy, not so much attack (you might more then likey hit for ZERO more often with it)

if your /scared about the -Agl and evasion on for some reason on te hauby, Homam body has none of those.

I would say Yay for HNM tanking, your not going to evaid $#*& regarless + you need acc and attack for attonment biuld.
[+]
 Asura.Delos
user: Cipher
By Asura.Delos 2010-05-07 14:22:20  
Honestly to tell you the truth havent looked at numbers hardcore like but i figure Avalon Breastplate would be better for a PLD more than Hauby +1. I have both and use the Avalon more than Hauby. I dont like the -eva from Hauby. You get 13 acc from Ava and only 12 from +1. I kno you get 6 dex to follow it but for 1 handers if im right is a little different from 2handed weaps. Not to mention the 7 vit mnd chr from Avalon can help with hate curing as well as def. If im messing around then ill go fro hauby+1 just because of the attack as well but when sh%$ hits the fan im in Avalon. Hope this helps any.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-05-07 14:24:10  
Haubergeon+1 gives 15 ACC, so that's more than Avalon. You should be curing yourself in Koenig body or Iron Ram Hauberk since max HP is all that matters.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-05-07 14:28:28  
Avalon Breastplate is a hybrid piece; not the best in the slot for anything (I don't think?). Big waste of gil unless you get one given to you.

AND it looks ugly.
[+]
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-05-07 14:34:34  
Sylph.Hitetsu said:
I know this has probably been brought up several times, but I'm looking for a simple, straight up answer.

A friend of mine asked me what TP body he should use on his 75 PLD, I recommend the Hauby 1 he uses on his NIN, SAM, WAR.

His Reply: "I'm not using a Hauby on PLD"
Mine: "..Why?"
"It's stupid"
"It just is"

So, PLD's and Math addicts alike. Is there any unbelievably, ungodly detrimental effects for a PLD while wearing Hauby 1?

My reasoning behind using it:
1. 15 acc (12 acc, DEX 6 -> 3 acc)
2. 15 attack (12 att, STR 6 -> 3 att)
3. lolPLDEvasion

I'm not going to pretend to know how to gear a PLD perfectly, I don't have it levelled yet, but I'm in the process of levelling it on another char.

I'm looking at this purely from a TP Standpoint, not factoring Hauby into WS.

Unless you're in an idle/refresh/cure macro set, Haub +1 is irreplaceble. Homam body is okay but people like to neglect the +attack on Haubergeon. There's also a common misconception that PLD has bad accuracy, the biggest problem is hitting for 0, Homam body and Avalon do nothing to change that. And in the unlikely event accuracy is capped, use Ares. You'll never need evasion as PLD, ever.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-05-07 14:38:04  
Quote:
There's also a common misconception that PLD has bad accuracy, the biggest problem is hitting for 0

They do have bad accuracy, they just also have bad attack.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-07 14:49:13  
The option i've been using is nuevo with acc+10 and fastcast +5. Hauby+1 would be better but I sold mine while back =/
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-07 14:52:24  
NQ hauby is like 80k on Bismarck, way to ruin an ACP body.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-07 15:05:13  
Bismarck.Dracondria said:

Iron ram body is more enmity than ACP, so i could say the same to those who put enmity on their body.
 Ragnarok.Anye
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Anye
By Ragnarok.Anye 2010-05-07 15:08:21  
Leviathan.Celestinia said:

Iron ram body is more enmity than ACP, so i could say the same to those who put enmity on their body.
Actually, regarding that, I was wondering if there was any other recommendable augment other than Enmity +5 on ACP body. Fast Cast is definitely a keeper, though.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-07 15:11:45  
Ragnarok.Anye said:
Leviathan.Celestinia said:
Actually, regarding that, I was wondering if there was any other recommendable augment other than Enmity 5 on ACP body. Fast Cast is definitely a keeper, though.

If you are using it as a macro piece for fast cast only then no. If you are using it for enmity as well use iron ram. If you are using it as tp piece then acc+10. That's pretty much it from what I see.
 Leviathan.Abriel
user: Abriel
By Leviathan.Abriel 2010-05-07 15:45:28  
acp body definitely throws things off, just remember that -20 eva on haub isn't a debatable point since pld's don't evade, enemies miss... lol

haub(+1) wins in any case where you're able to TP outside of using excalibur where the +hp of homam can have an effect on your damage. if you're unable to tp on the enemy, it'd be better to stick to valhalla/darksteel+1(or coarl+1 if the threat is magic damage)/ares even vermy. or any piece with decent hp.
 Cerberus.Eanae
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eanae
By Cerberus.Eanae 2010-05-07 15:49:21  
Avalon is ***for Atonement tanking and you suck if you use it as such. Haub +1 or bust.
 Leviathan.Celestinia
By Leviathan.Celestinia 2010-05-07 15:57:07  
Only reason I use ACP instead of haub is it's more macro friendly since slots I can change with 1 button is limited and I don't like using multiple buttons at once because lag messes it up.

If i'm hitting for 0 I manually put haub in. If I still had my +1 i'd use it a lot more since more acc.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2010-05-07 16:05:49  
If you're on PC, get windower and use those macros to macro 6+ pieces instead.
 Lakshmi.Ezekryu
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Ezekryu
By Lakshmi.Ezekryu 2010-05-07 16:08:06  
Or you can use Spellcast to macro in entire gearsets for fastcast, TP, enmity, +shield skill for specific spells.
[+]
First Page 2 3 4