Random Politics & Religion #05

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online

You must be logged in to do that.

フォーラム » Everything Else » Politics and Religion » Random Politics & Religion #05
Random Politics & Religion #05
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 38 39 40
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 13:30:53  
Pretending, even.

What the *** is prentending. I don't even know.

BUT *** IT. DO THAT TOO.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zahrah
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
user: zahrah
By Caitsith.Zahrah 2016-05-20 13:32:39  
Ramyrez said: »
YouTube Video Placeholder

Ooooo~ Good call on that one!
[+]
Administrator
サーバ: Hyperion
Game: FFXIV
user: Rooks
By Terlet Sangria 2016-05-20 13:33:07  
/reads last page

Getting a little pointed in here, and I'm too busy to wrangle y'all today. Reel it in.
[+]
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 13:36:13  
Drama Torama said: »
Altimaomega said: »
How'd that work out for you?

My life is demonstrably better than it was eight years ago.

Of course, I haven't voted in a Presidential election in a long time, thanks to living places where the electoral college was already decided.
Same here on voting. I still dunno how our Governor keeps getting reelected. No one here likes her. I mean, I'd rather ***be ran by Donald Trump than Michael Bloomberg....but I'd rather ***be ran by Michael Bloomberg than Mary Fallin.

If Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann were to somehow get together and produce a child, not only would I like to watch but I'd prefer that child to run ***instead of Mary Fallin.
[+]
By Ramyrez 2016-05-20 13:44:27  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Sarah Palin and Michelle Bachmann

Mary Fallin.

I'm looking at those names and wondering if what you just proposed didn't, in fact, happen...
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 13:56:03  
Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
Asura.Kingnobody said: »
Why are you trying to pass off what Obama signed into law as something Bush did? Is it so you can deflect Obama from what he actually did more?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_United_States_federal_budget

Quote:
Submitted by George W. Bush

Yes, Obama signed something Bush did.
Are you saying that Obama had nothing to do with the FY2009 budget, besides signing it?

Are you that ignorant, or just being willfully inserting your head into your own *** to realize that Obama had some say in that budget, regardless of who submitted that budget.

Another thing: Is that budget that Bush submitted the exact same one that Obama signed? Can you answer that?

Remember, 1 change associated with Bush's budget, and it's no longer his budget.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-20 13:58:54  
Let's get real, here. The Bush to Obama transition when it came to budgets and the like wasn't clear-cut. We can't blame everything on either one of them, but the people who are hyping up Obama here are basically the equivalent of air fresheners in a freshly-used bathroom. Spray all you want, it's still just going to smell like flower-scented crap in there.

The only thing I can point to and say for sure that Obama was largely responsible for was the ACA, and since its introduction my health insurance has gone to crap and my premiums have skyrocketed. So yeah, thanks for the lower deficit that you may or may not have been responsible for Obama, but screw you anyway.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 14:00:30  
The ACA was brought up, proposed, etc. by Bush, Obama brought it back up and Congress went back and forth, demanding changes to the plan until it was heavily altered in a way that they could *** about it for years.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-20 14:01:48  
The ACA was brought up, proposed, etc. by Bush, Obama brought it back up and Congress went back and forth, demanding changes to the plan until it was heavily altered in a way that they could *** about it for years.

Obama championed the final version, forcing it through Congress with zero Republican votes. Do not even for a second pretend that this is somehow George Bush's fault.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 14:02:40  
The ACA was brought up, proposed, etc. by Bush
First I heard about that.

I knew of a healthcare proposal submitted by Bush, but it wasn't anything near the abomination that is Obamacare.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Zerowone
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Zerowone
By Lakshmi.Zerowone 2016-05-20 14:02:49  
I say "Obama is solely responsible for the 2009 budget."

You say "no he is not solely responsible that it's an extension of Bush's budget."

I now say "so you're saying Obama has nothing to do with it?"

[Mod Edit: You started off fine but devolved into personal attacks. Don't do that. - AnnaMolly]
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-20 14:04:20  
How is presenting the reality of the situation "hyping up Obama"?
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 14:06:54  
Bahamut.Ravael said: »

Obama championed the final version, forcing it through Congress with zero Republican votes. Do not even for a second pretend that this is somehow George Bush's fault.
It isn't, it's Congress's fault. Once you spend so much time pushing for something that both sides have come to many compromises throughout the process, simply ending it after an agreement has been reached and a compromise has been made is unfair. It's like when a kid picks up his toys and goes home because the other kids don't want to play the games he wants to play with said toys, it's shitty. He didn't have a choice at that point, he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-20 14:06:59  
Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
How is presenting the reality of the situation "hyping up Obama"?

I can't help you since I don't understand your version of reality.
[+]
 Bahamut.Ravael
By Bahamut.Ravael 2016-05-20 14:11:38  

It isn't, it's Congress's fault. Once you spend so much time pushing for something that both sides have come to many compromises throughout the process, simply ending it after an agreement has been reached and a compromise has been made is unfair. It's like when a kid picks up his toys and goes home because the other kids don't want to play the games he wants to play with said toys, it's shitty. He didn't have a choice at that point, he was damned if he did, damned if he didn't.

"Compromise"? What compromise? Not a single Republican voted for the final draft. That doesn't fit any definition of "compromise". Democrats decided it was good enough to push through and they did it. They clearly didn't need any Republican help to pass it, so if they wanted to make it better they could have. I'm more than willing to do blame-sharing for a lot of our government's mistakes, but this is not one of them.
[+]
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 14:11:41  

ACA had almost no compromises associated with it.

It was rushed through the system in a way that prevents actual discussion on the merits of most of the law and the impacts it would have had to the economy and society as a whole. It was not through out through so it wouldn't have any legal challenges associated with that law.

ACA was a project made by the democrats for one thing: To see how well a law can be shoved down society's throats and withstand all sorts of legal challenges associated with it.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2016-05-20 14:11:47  
Cheap non-answer says it all.
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
By Asura.Kingnobody 2016-05-20 14:12:27  
Thought out through.

Damn it Rooks!

Undelete | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Magnuss
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Magnuss 2016-05-20 15:36:13  
Real issues? In P&R? You must be joking...
[+]
By fonewear 2016-05-20 17:22:56  
If random p n r had a official vehicle it would look like this:

Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-05-20 18:00:39  
Alright, page cleaned up and sent some ideas to Ack and Rooks.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
サーバ: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2016-05-20 18:29:23  
Phoenix.Amandarius said: »
President Obama is the longest wartime President now in US history. And he is slowly getting us back into Iraq because he was a complete fool pulling all the Troops out when and how he did. Obama is the father of ISIS....
W set the timetable for withdrawal. And Iraq told us to leave, go away, do not pass go, do not collect our ******* oil.

Admittedly W had few options other than ... well other than the one we used in Viet Nam and the USSR used in Afghanistan, which is to say assassination and installing a puppet. But Obama had the same choice.

And had we not invaded there would be no ISIS. So I refute your concept that Obama is the father of ISIS but I will state that W is its birth mother.

It was a painful delivery.
First Page 2 3 ... 34 35 36 ... 38 39 40