Man(a Previous Victim) Kills Child Molester And Gets 9 Years.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man(a previous victim) kills child molester and gets 9 years.
Man(a previous victim) kills child molester and gets 9 years.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-16 11:58:46  
Hm!

Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-06-16 12:01:23  
The Jail sentence isn't so much for murder, as it is vigilantism. If law was allowed to be carried out by those who were "Wronged" we would essentially degraded into anarchy, as everyone dealt out what they felt was "Justice".

Think back to the Salem Witch trials. Basically point a finger and incinerated. And that wasn't even full blown anarchical vigilantism.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-16 12:02:05  
Fairy.Spence said:
Gilgamesh.Shayala said:
Fairy.Spence said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Still not a reason for 1st degree murder.
I wouldn't trust this guy around my kids
Pedophiles should all be castrated and kept away from any area in which children may go
Castration would not stop them molesting children, they would use other methods to abuse them.
I'm not an expert on the subject, but I thought it was meant to reduce ones sex drive? Which would be a leading cause to child molestation, would it not?

Chemical castration would be a better option as that leaves the offender in no physical or mental state to commit their sick crimes. The only problem is getting them to comply with taking the medication regularly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_castration

*edited for lolwikipedia link*

You may get better info by googling it but wiki was the first link on the page.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Krystale
サーバ: Siren
user: vaness
By Siren.Krystale 2010-06-16 12:09:36  
WoW
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-16 12:21:17  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
The Jail sentence isn't so much for murder, as it is vigilantism. If law was allowed to be carried out by those who were "Wronged" we would essentially degraded into anarchy, as everyone dealt out what they felt was "Justice".

Think back to the Salem Witch trials. Basically point a finger and incinerated. And that wasn't even full blown anarchical vigilantism.

Fair point. However, I'd gladly turn a blind eye to the peado's death.
[+]
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-16 12:24:46  
I wouldn't go as far to say that...
I do believe they should be imprisoned for the safety of the children. You can't control what you're attracted to. =/ (you can fight it all you want, but you'll break down eventually)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Corres
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Geloudia
By Ragnarok.Corres 2010-06-16 12:34:33  
there was this girl in our class in high-school. She said she is being sexualy molested by that guy living down her street everyday. So her friends kicked his *** pretty bad and got him into a hospital-ride. His left Anckle is absolut destroyed he will never walk again without crutches. Turns out: that guy was gay! and he did not want to have anyithing to do with that ***. Coming to the point of straight believing someone in a position like this: he molested me. yeah right go get *** in your ***. i do not believe ANYONE that says: i am getting molested (exception: you can see violent abuse on that person's body).
to the aricle: he killed a man. from the law-side: going to jail. But on the other side nobody ever helped him getting followed by that ***.
the guy who got shot deserved a punishment but why kill him if you can make his life to a misery? but that's just me.
He did it like a man, and now he gets it like a women.

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-16 12:43:10  
Ragnarok.Corres said:
i do not believe ANYONE that says: i am getting molested (exception: you can see violent abuse on that person's body).

Which is the main reason victims of abuse often do not report it.

If everybody thought like you then there would never be a prosecution for rape or sexual abuse and more victims would be taking the law into their own hands.
Your attitude stinks!
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-06-16 12:46:40  
Life imprisonment aint worth ***nowadays. They get out of prison with 8 years good behaviour, then they're probably going to be at it again. Beauracracy nowadays is damn stupid. I honestly think the law would be better, if we had an honest jury who made a ruling depending on the situation, rather than going by the guidelines of the law. But hell, we all know that aint gunna happen.

I like the idea of chemical castration as suggested above. You'd obviously have to make them have routine tests to make sure they're following the process. Kinda like drug addicts. If, like Heseyo said, it's because they can't help who they're attracted to, then they should be GLAD for the process, since they'd most likely regret their actions. However, if they were to stop following it, and go out into the world knowing what they're capable of, then that tells me they enjoy it, and DO deserve a harsh punishment.

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Imoq
By Carbuncle.Elvaanmoq 2010-06-16 12:55:28  
brb, popping Jailer of Justice.
 Ramuh.Dasva
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-16 13:05:51  
Hmmm so what I get from this thread is murder ok sex with kids very bad.
 Asura.Thanquol
サーバ: Asura
user: Thanquol
By Asura.Thanquol 2010-06-16 13:09:09  
Fairy.Spence said:
Titan.Cripnicc said:
Caitsith.Shiroi said:
Still not a reason for 1st degree murder.
I wouldn't trust this guy around my kids
Pedophiles should all be castrated and kept away from any area in which children may go

Castrated and sentence to life in prison, where they could be used as "relief" for other inmate.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Shayala
By Gilgamesh.Shayala 2010-06-16 13:25:33  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
It's not always so easy as telling someone...I'm not expert but I'm sure the molester would feed the child lies like "if you tell someone they won't believe you" or even the extreme of "if you tell someone, I'll kill you."

There are many things a molester will tell a child to keep them quiet, threats to kill are common... they often threaten to kill or abuse those close to the victim too, such as younger siblings.
[+]
 Fenrir.Shindo
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Shindo
By Fenrir.Shindo 2010-06-16 13:26:17  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I wouldn't go as far to say that...
I do believe they should be imprisoned for the safety of the children. You can't control what you're attracted to. =/ (you can fight it all you want, but you'll break down eventually)

Wow, common sense on this subject. Good on you, sir. Good on you.
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-06-16 13:43:04  
Ramuh.Haseyo said:
I guess it's just me. I'd want the molestation to stop so I'd say something.

A woman I used to work with had 5 daughters, and all of them were being molested by one of our male co-workers. It took years to find out, because every single one of those 5 girls was ashamed, humiliated, and terrified to say anything. My older sister was molested by our babysitter's husband, and one of my younger half-sisters was molested by my stepfather. All of them were silent for a long time, because all of them were scared, ashamed, and embarrassed. It's not so easy as it sounds to just come forward and say that so-and-so is hurting you, especially if you are only a kid and don't necessarily know that it's not your fault.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-16 13:49:03  
Yeah well this clearly wasn't the reason this time. So those reasons don't really apply
 Ramuh.Haseyo
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-06-16 13:49:41  
I suppose I just don't know since it never happened to me. When I was that young, I would tell my parents how disturbed I was by anything, no matter how 'embarrassing' it was. I had a gym teacher look at me strange when I went to the bathroom once (standing side-by-side on the urinal) and I told every damn adult I ran into.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-16 13:50:40  
Sexual assault is a serious crime. Absolutely awful and completely unforgivable. Arguably only one step removed from murder. But it isn't murder. We kill people for murder in this country, not anything else.

This recent obsession with sexual crimes worries me, because it seems like a distraction designed to smoke screen other problems in our culture. All a politician has to do is point to "child rapists," say they're going to "get tough" on them, and voila. People will vote for him in droves, even if they know nothing else about him.

As proof, I offer the fact that you can't argue constructively about the problem without people immediately accusing you of either defending child rapists, or being one yourself. That's *** up. I also point to the fact that the people who scream the loudest about pedophiles -- politicians like Mark Foley or say, the Catholic church -- turn out to be the ones diddling kids themselves.

Whenever a societal issue has gotten to that point, something is seriously messed up in our national psyche.

When child murder is seen as a cut-and-dry, simple crime, but child molestation somehow requires people to bend over backwards to expound at great length how awful it is, something is wrong.
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-16 13:53:32  
9 years for 1st degree murder and more or less torture is a rather light sentence. He should've gotten more
[+]
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-16 13:59:40  
Fairy.Spence said:
Oh yeah, that doesnt sound discriminate at all.
[+]
 Asura.Funkatron
user: Funkatron
By Asura.Funkatron 2010-06-16 14:00:19  
Our justice sytem is flawed when it comes to these kinds of cases like molestation and rape, as thse are tried as sexaul crimes wich carry a pinnace of time served in comparison to voilent crimes, wich in all actaullity is what they are. A rapist or lester the molester is more sexaully excited by the idea of control, power, and pain rather than the actaul dirty deed itself. They thrive on the idea that person will be damaged goods for the rest of their lives, and as long as we continue to try these are sexauly motivated crimes, our rapists and pedophiles will be back out on the streets to prey again before we know it. They wont even let prison life run its course anymore, they offer those convicted of these crimes isolation and protection in jail, instead of letting the most righteous among criminals do his JOB and shank them. That is all i have to say.
 Bismarck.Chasuro
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-06-16 14:01:23  
This should teach you that you can't go killing people for what you think is right.
By Bdice 2010-06-16 14:01:48  
Regardless of what you all say
the reality of it is, he has probably been mentally beating himself up about it for years, and the trauma would have carried through his whole life.
The Justice system can fail, and when it does the punishment goes to the victim.
What he did was impulse and human nature.
He was defending his children, himself, and mentally couldnt put up with it anymore, mix that with the alcohol and there are either 2 things that would happen
Suicide
or
Homicide.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8