Man(a Previous Victim) Kills Child Molester And Gets 9 Years.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man(a previous victim) kills child molester and gets 9 years.
Man(a previous victim) kills child molester and gets 9 years.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-16 16:15:10  
Asura.Chareos said:
I win again, Lews Therin.

Kudos for anyone who gets the reference.

*flicker*
 Sylph.Beelshamen
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Beelshamen 2010-06-16 16:47:54  
Asura.Chareos said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I still think if you could make someone live thru the pain of many excruiating deaths without killing them it would be a pretty good deterrent. Or at least break them ;)
I win again, Lews Therin.

Break the seals. Break the seals, and end it. Let me die forever.
 Unicorn.Nymphadora
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Nympha
By Unicorn.Nymphadora 2010-06-17 02:07:42  
Eh, the guy didn't deserve to die, he just deserved to have his *** forcefully removed, etc. But I don't think the other guy deserved the 9 years for trying to protect himself and other kids from the same torment either.
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:20:54  
We all know child molesters can't be "fixed" via the legal system, really the only way to get these putrid piece's of ***to stop doing all of these horrible things is to execute them, NO JAIL TIME. I can't even begin to tell you all how many stories I've seen where a molester only got a short time in jail and was released just to do more hurtful things.

Castration wouldn't even be enough, save the tax payers money and just execute them. They are a waste of space and air on this planet.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:24:22  
Nice to see so many empathetic people on this thread.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-17 13:25:20  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
We all know child molesters can't be "fixed" via the legal system, really the only way to get these putrid piece's of ***to stop doing all of these horrible things is to execute them, NO JAIL TIME. I can't even begin to tell you all how many stories I've seen where a molester only got a short time in jail and was released just to do more hurtful things.

Castration wouldn't even be enough, save the tax payers money and just execute them. They are a waste of space and air on this planet.

Probably the stupidest thing i've read yet.

You assume the prosecution system is perfect, which it is not.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:26:47  
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Probably the stupidest thing i've read yet.

You assume the prosecution system is perfect, which it is not.

Of course it isnt perfect >_>; But its still a waste of tax payers money.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:28:22  
Caitsith.Surreal said:

While we're at it, let's kill all the mentally ill and insane people that can't be treated through conventional means. I mean they're not people after all, and are wasting our tax money right?

/sarcasm
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-06-17 13:28:48  
I say execute every prisoner and show fear in everyone else that if they do something bad, they die. Lower the crime rates and give fear to everyone and make people actually think before they act.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-17 13:29:05  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

While we're at it, let's kill all the mentally ill and insane people that can't be treated through conventional means. I mean they're not people after all, and are wasting our tax money right?

/sarcasm

Now you're getting it!
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:30:00  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

/sarcasm

Child molesters aren't people, they are monsters, I show no sympathy for people like that.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:31:37  
Asura.Allyson said:
Fairy.Spence said:
I think we're just getting a bit 'soft' in general. The caning and what not is a bit much, but I think we need stronger deterrents.

Research has shown, over and over again, that harsher punishments make recidivism worse.

Maybe the opinion we differ on isn't really the severity of punishment needed, but the role of the justice system. I believe the purpose of the prison system is to turn criminals into functioning members of society. A jail sentence does nothing if the person just commits another crime upon being released. You've only succeed in delaying the inevitable. Justice should be about transforming criminals into members of society, or removing them from it if the former isn't possible. Revenge is completely useless. Justice systems are one of the things that makes law and order better then the alternative.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:33:24  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Asura.Allyson said:
Fairy.Spence said:
I think we're just getting a bit 'soft' in general. The caning and what not is a bit much, but I think we need stronger deterrents.

Research has shown, over and over again, that harsher punishments make recidivism worse.

Maybe the opinion we differ on isn't really the severity of punishment needed, but the role of the justice system. I believe the purpose of the prison system is to turn criminals into functioning members of society. A jail sentence does nothing if the person just commits another crime upon being released. You've only succeed in delaying the inevitable. Justice should be about transforming criminals into members of society, or removing them from it if the former isn't possible. Revenge is completely useless. Justice systems are one of the things that makes law and order better then the alternative.

The person that wrote that obviously doesn't have kids and obviously has never dealt with child abuse, When it happens to their kid I'll bet they'll be saying the exact same thing I am.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:35:41  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Child molesters aren't people, they are monsters, I show no sympathy for people like that.

No. This is a monster.

Pedophiles and child molesters are people; however, ones that are very mentally ill and unfortunately have difficulty living among society due to something in their mind they have very little control over.

It's a shame we show such little focus on rehabilitation and decent housing facilities for the mentally ill these days. Maybe then crimes of this nature wouldn't happen so often, and people wouldn't have to needlessly die.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:36:13  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
The person that wrote that obviously doesn't have kids and obviously has never dealt with child abuse, When it happens to their kid I'll bet they'll be saying the exact same thing I am.

Quit pulling the victim card, it really makes you look like a tool.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:37:56  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

A tool? My child actually WAS abused by a child molester, and the *** got off scott free because there was hardly any evidence remaining. How does being a protective parent and wanting to protect your child make a person a tool?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:39:54  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

A tool? My child actually WAS abused by a child molester, and the *** got off scott free because there was hardly any evidence remaining. How does being a protective parent and wanting to protect your child make a person a tool?

Fabricating a story and exposing your hero complex is a good way to start. Your previous posts have passive violent tendencies written all over it. Truth of the matter is you want to see people die, but need an excuse to self-justify yourself to save face. Your context speaks in volumes even if you try to say otherwise.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:41:42  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

Fabricating a story and exposing your hero complex is a good way to start. Your previous posts have passive violent tendencies written all over it. Truth of the matter is you want to see people die, but need an excuse to self-justify yourself to save face. Your context speaks in volumes even if you try to say otherwise.

I have nothing more to say to you if you honestly think I'm fabricating a story, I have nothing to prove to someone like you. You are honestly trying to start a fight with someone you don't know and over something you hardly know anything about. Good day and have fun trolling ;)
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:44:19  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:

I have nothing more to say to you if you honestly think I'm fabricating a story, I have nothing to prove to someone like you. You are honestly trying to start a fight with someone you don't know and over something you hardly know anything about. Good day and have fun trolling ;)

Not starting a fight, just pointing out the obvious. You make a bold statement about how certain people aren't people at all and deserve to die then you need a way to justify this so you make up a story to make it seem legitimate. It's been going on throughout this thread. Meanwhile some are trying to be realistic and actually look at possibilities of preventing such crimes without having to resort to acts of violence.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:47:03  
I apologize if your child was indeed molested by someone who was very ill in the past. However, I'd like to see a more realistic and empathetic solution and attitude other than "KILL THEM ALL!".
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:47:16  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I agree with what Weewoo said tbh, and he didn't say you are lying, all his post said was it is wrong to try and justify killing another human being.

Translation of what he said: The day we forget our inner humanity is the day we have no future (if there still is one for humans...).

Good luck trying to find that method, If it exists.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:47:59  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
I agree with what Weewoo said tbh, and he didn't say you are lying, all his post said was it is wrong to try and justify killing another human being.

Translation of what he said: The day we forget our inner humanity is the day we have no future (if there still is one for humans...).

Good luck trying to find that method, If it exists.

It used to in the 40s and 50s. But inflation and budget cuts sucks big time ya know?

Sick *** were kept far far away from society where they lived in facilities for treatment and care while giving jobs at the same time. Now these people just roam the streets since those places don't exist anymore.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:48:53  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
I apologize if your child was indeed molested by someone who was very ill in the past. However, I'd like to see a more realistic and empathetic solution and attitude other than "KILL THEM ALL!".

If they put more money into researching it I'm sure they could, I'm not even a person that likes capital punishment.. Just very angry that it happened to me, My daughter's only 3 years old and I feel like I failed as a parent in some way.. It really does make you feel like you can't trust your child with anyone nowadays :/
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:49:56  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

If they put more money into researching it I'm sure they could, I'm not even a person that likes capital punishment.. Just very angry that it happened to me, My daughter's only 3 years old and I feel like I failed as a parent in some way.. It really does make you feel like you can't trust your child with anyone nowadays :/

I apologize if I made you feel slighted, and my thoughts go out to you and your daughter.
 Caitsith.Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 13:53:37  
Shiva.Weewoo said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

I apologize if I made you feel slighted, and my thoughts go out to you and your daughter.

It's no worries, Sometimes I misread or misunderstand things on the forums and jump to conclusions. It's very hard to tell how a person's feeling via text, Most of the time I do come across very aggressive but I'm actually a nice person, Just a sensitive subject ><
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 13:55:28  
I understand. I just don't like it when people can't be civil over a pretty serious subject matter and lean to an extreme without any thought or consideration to the consequences or outcome.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 14:00:25  
Ragnarok.Kongming said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
I understand. I just don't like it when people can't be civil over a pretty serious subject matter and lean to an extreme without any thought or consideration to the consequences or outcome.
you must be a very unhappy person

Let's just say I'm not very optimistic when it comes to the attitude of modern society.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8