Man(a Previous Victim) Kills Child Molester And Gets 9 Years.

Eorzea Time

言語: JP EN FR DE
日本語版のFFXIVPRO利用したい場合は、上記の"JP"を設定して、又はjp.ffxivpro.comを直接に利用してもいいです
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Culture and Media » Man(a previous victim) kills child molester and gets 9 years.
Man(a previous victim) kills child molester and gets 9 years.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 15:01:31  
I understand your standpoint, but if you're going to be empathetic and understanding, it has to go both ways, otherwise that's what we call bias.
 Asura.Ludoggy
サーバ: Asura
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2010-06-17 15:02:34  
If it was one of my children I'd be angry and seek justice. I wouldnt try rallying an angry mob and burning down his house or anything extreme.

Ok now what other role do I have to play?
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-17 15:04:59  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Do you have children of your own? if so, if a pedophile molested your child, maybe over the course of several years before you got to know what happen. Would you feel sorry for the pedophile who did this to your child?
How would you feel if you found out your child initiated it? Or even went so far to seduce the older party?

For that matter how would you feel if your boy in HS was *** his teacher? Yeah probably say something like "Nice"

wtf are you talking about?

I'm 32 years old, if a 12 year old girl came and tried to "seduce me" I wouldnt go with her and say "hey its ok, she started it"

I'm the adult one, I'm supposed to not only tell her no, but probably notify her parents as well.
[+]
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-17 15:05:15  
Asura.Ludoggy said:
If it was one of my children I'd be angry and seek justice. I wouldnt try rallying an angry mob and burning down his house or anything extreme.

Ok now what other role do I have to play?

Naughty school girl

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 15:05:58  
Playing the devil's advocate in an attempt to broaden your views on this appears to be in vain. What a shame.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-17 15:13:06  
Adult child molester (possibly sick, but still makes a choice) vs a defenceless child.

Yeah im biast.

Not only is it not a crime to be an innocent child, but no matter how sick you claim pedophiles are, they still have to make their own choices.

If a man abuses a 6 year old child, which of the 2 is getting hurt? which of the 2 is commiting a crime? Why would anyone empathise with the molester? What did the child do to deserve that kind of treatment? Is beeing "sick" really a good excuse?

And you still havent answered if you have any children, and if you would be all cool and understanding if someone raped your child.
 Leviathan.Tamian
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Jumatelo
By Leviathan.Tamian 2010-06-17 15:14:20  
You know what? I am a father of a 2 year old girl and I can tell you right now without any hesitation that if somebody touches her, no matter how mentally ill that person is, I'll go to jail too...

Pedophiles should be taken to an island and then burned them all... Sick ***.

Well done for this man.
[+]
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 15:16:12  
I do not have children, and no I would not be okay with the fact if someone molested/raped my child. And of course I would take appropriate legal action with the police and fight tooth and nail til something was done.

But I wouldn't kick down the guy's door and murder him in cold blood.

Also, the contrast between mental illness and personal choice is a slippery slope. Neither of us have any credentials to say one thing is over the other, but you should at least consider that "choice" isn't as simple as doing and not doing for those who have such mental conditions.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 15:17:31  
Well, I can't really discuss this with batshit crazy people who justify murder on their own terms. Intelligent conversation and practical debate isn't possible when it gets to that point, so I'm out for now. Was fun while it lasted.
 Fairy.Spence
サーバ: Fairy
user: Spencyono
By Fairy.Spence 2010-06-17 15:19:21  
Shiva.Weewoo said:

As much as you think your know yourself, ya never really know, y'know?
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 15:20:21  
Fairy.Spence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:

Nope. I can't say for sure. Anyone is capable of committing murder in the right mental circumstance. However, what worries me is not the uncertainty, it's the absolution others have to do so.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 15:21:23  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Do you have children of your own? if so, if a pedophile molested your child, maybe over the course of several years before you got to know what happen. Would you feel sorry for the pedophile who did this to your child?
How would you feel if you found out your child initiated it? Or even went so far to seduce the older party? For that matter how would you feel if your boy in HS was *** his teacher? Yeah probably say something like "Nice"

I'm 32 years old, if a 12 year old girl came and tried to "seduce me"

I wouldnt go with her and say "hey its ok, she started it"

I'm the adult one, I'm supposed to not only tell her no, but probably notify her parents as well.
Wtf are you talking about? You are asssuming everyone finds sex with younger people an abomination and wouldn't consider it. Because by now I think it is apparent that isn't true.

Either way in your example she clearly isn't the victim
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-17 15:22:10  
I'm not saying that murder is fine.

But, if someone did something like that to my child once I get children. I dont think that I could think clear enough to not kill the guy myself. If I got sentenced to death because of that, it would be a price i would be willing to pay.

Because, killing him would be my choice, and I would know the cosequenses of that choice. And I doubt any court would let me off just because I said "I'm sorry, I couldnt resist."
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 15:24:08  
Fairy.Spence said:
Shiva.Weewoo said:
I might. But unlike some people I'm man enough to admit that it is because I have violent urges and a situation like this is just the good excuse I'd been waiting for.
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 15:24:26  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
I'm not saying that murder is fine.

But, if someone did something like that to my child once I get children. I dont think that I could think clear enough to not kill the guy myself. If I got sentenced to death because of that, it would be a price i would be willing to pay.

Because, killing him would be my choice, and I would know the cosequenses of that choice. And I doubt any court would let me off just because I said "I'm sorry, I couldnt resist."

Again, you seem to give yourself a certainty and absolution that what you would do would be without a doubt, a choice. For all you know you could have "snapped" in a similar manner that the criminal did in a barbaric retaliation that in all probability took over the capacity to think clearly, let alone make a choice in your mind.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-17 15:26:56  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
How would you feel if you found out your child initiated it? Or even went so far to seduce the older party? For that matter how would you feel if your boy in HS was *** his teacher? Yeah probably say something like "Nice"

Wtf are you talking about? You are asssuming everyone finds sex with younger people an abomination and wouldn't consider it. Because by now I think it is apparent that isn't true.

Ofcourse she's not a victim /sarcasm

She's *** 12 years old. You expect a 12 year old to know whats right and wrong? How many 12 year old girls do you think have had a crush on someone older than them? You think its all ok for anyone twice or triple the age of that 12 year old girl to take advatage of her because she "thinks she's in love"?

The minute someone does take advatage of her, she is the victim, no matter who started it.

But I guess in your little fantasy world all the guy has to say in court is "she started it" and they'll be all fine with that.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 15:36:00  
I guess in your fantasy world all a person has to say is omg look how young she is and clearly she has been abused and raped. God if I could I'd make those letters drip in sarcasm
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-17 15:37:03  
To the person that got raped/molested/butt plugged/etc

Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-06-17 15:55:38  
I think it's important to point out that this dude was never accused or convicted of molesting anyone before the other guy flipped out and shot him.

That doesn't bother any of you?

My problem with sex laws in this country is that we get so emotionally charged about it, we completely lose our sense of rational perspective.

Look at how many people in this thread's only contribution is going "he's a monster," or "let's castrate him," or "let's torture him." Yet straight-up child murder happens every day, we just go "ho-hum, cut-and-dry, the justice system will handle it." For example, look at how many of you, in other threads dealing with violence, mistreatment, or neglect of children, are proud of piping in with "oh well, it's not me, I don't care about other people."

Something has gone seriously *** wrong in our society when we'll have 7-page threads where everyone feels compelled to chime in, internet tough-guy like, about how awful child molesters are, and how much they want to do horrible things to them. Many people feel they need to, or else they'll be accused of supporting child abuse in absentia. Yes, it's awful. It's arguably only one step removed from murder. But what's with the obsession?

Little story of what I mean by messed up perspective (pre-emptive Cool Story, Bro):

I had a friend in the Coast Guard. He broke up with his girlfriend. She didn't take it well, and said that 4 years earlier, he had raped her when he was 18 and she was 17. The jury didn't want any evidence, because they were emotionally swayed by her sob fest. (Nobody even thought to ask, "so why did you stay with him for 4 years?")

He was kicked out of the military, thrown in jail, and labeled a "child rapist" under the public sexual predator registry.

Three years later, she had a change of heart and admitted she made it all up out of spite. She went to jail for perjury. He was released and cleared of all criminal charges. But guess what? The wild-eyed "burn them at the stake" politicians who rode to power on hyping up fear and outrage over sexual predators, never provided a way to remove someone from the sex predator list in his state. Because you know, they could never be wrong, people could never be accused of child abuse wrongly. Just string 'em up and shoot 'em, that's what we say! Let god sort 'em out!

Years later, he's still a "child rapist" and can't get a job or back into the military because of it. And nobody cares, people hear "sexual predator" and go so emotionally batshit insane, refusing to listen to contrary evidence or even entertain the notion that they might be wrong. They don't even want to hear that he was cleared of all charges. Because "you can't trust the justice system." WTF?

Last I checked, that's not how our society is supposed to work, and the fact people can remain calm over other horrific acts against children, but fly into such a disproportionate rage because "sex" is in the mix, deeply disturbs me.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-17 16:05:10  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
I think it's important to point out that this dude was never accused or convicted of molesting anyone before the other guy flipped out and shot him.

That doesn't bother any of you?

My problem with sex laws in this country is that we get so emotionally charged about it, we completely lose our sense of rational perspective.

Look at how many people in this thread's only contribution is going "he's a monster," or "let's castrate him," or "let's torture him." Yet straight-up child murder happens every day, we just go "ho-hum, cut-and-dry, the justice system will handle it." For example, look at how many of you, in other threads dealing with violence, mistreatment, or neglect of children, are proud of piping in with "oh well, it's not me, I don't care about other people."

Something has gone seriously *** wrong in our society when we'll have 7-page threads where everyone feels compelled to chime in, internet tough-guy like, about how awful child molesters are, and how much they want to do horrible things to them. Many people feel they need to, or else they'll be accused of supporting child abuse in absentia. Yes, it's awful. It's arguably only one step removed from murder. But what's with the obsession?

Little story of what I mean by messed up perspective (pre-emptive Cool Story, Bro):

I had a friend in the Coast Guard. He broke up with his girlfriend. She didn't take it well, and said that 4 years earlier, he had raped her when he was 18 and she was 17. The jury didn't want any evidence, because they were emotionally swayed by her sob fest. (Nobody even thought to ask, "so why did you stay with him for 4 years?")

He was kicked out of the military, thrown in jail, and labeled a "child rapist" under the public sexual predator registry.

Three years later, she had a change of heart and admitted she made it all up out of spite. She went to jail for perjury. He was released and cleared of all criminal charges. But guess what? The wild-eyed "burn them at the stake" politicians who rode to power on hyping up fear and outrage over sexual predators, never provided a way to remove someone from the sex predator list in his state. Because you know, they could never be wrong, people could never be accused of child abuse wrongly. Just string 'em up and shoot 'em, that's what we say! Let god sort 'em out!

Years later, he's still a "child rapist" and can't get a job or back into the military because of it. And nobody cares, people hear "sexual predator" and go so emotionally batshit insane, refusing to listen to contrary evidence or even entertain the notion that they might be wrong. They don't even want to hear that he was cleared of all charges. Because "you can't trust the justice system." WTF?

Last I checked, that's not how our society is supposed to work, and the fact people can remain calm over other horrific acts against children, but fly into such a disproportionate rage because "sex" is in the mix, deeply disturbs me.

This is precisely why I lol'ed at the retard talking about killing anyone convicted of it.
 Asura.Calatilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2010-06-17 16:10:27  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Carbuncle.Zanno said:

Ofcourse she's not a victim /sarcasm

She's *** 12 years old. You expect a 12 year old to know whats right and wrong? How many 12 year old girls do you think have had a crush on someone older than them? You think its all ok for anyone twice or triple the age of that 12 year old girl to take advatage of her because she "thinks she's in love"?

The minute someone does take advatage of her, she is the victim, no matter who started it.

But I guess in your little fantasy world all the guy has to say in court is "she started it" and they'll be all fine with that.

The true fact is both parties are victims but in different ways...

The child is a victim of not knowing any better, regardless of whether they started it or not. And the Adult is a victim of their own stupidity because they should know better
 Shiva.Weewoo
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 16:10:42  
Wow, so there's absolutely no way for him to appeal his child rapist stigma put on his record even though he was relieved of charges and his gf was put on record for lying?
 Fenrir.Luarania
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Whknight
By Fenrir.Luarania 2010-06-17 16:10:43  
My sympathies to your friend Jaerik, just the way human culture is I suppose.

I never bothered to read the link, and I've only looked in on this thread a very few times. Place has quickly evolved into a mad house and I haven't seen much sane reasoning or questions.

Honestly to myself I look at this and then think of how bad it is in other places where just as bad if not worse things are happening.

Going off of Jaerik's post if the guy was never convicted of it until this, then people need to stop fighting and look at the facts. Until it's proven he molested whoever it was then it was just plan murder (still is in any case) and dude should have just been given life.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Pandemonium.Kajidourden
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Kajidourden 2010-06-17 16:19:38  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I guess in your fantasy world all a person has to say is omg look how young she is and clearly she has been abused and raped. God if I could I'd make those letters drip in sarcasm

Well, the problem is being the older one in this scenario. Unless she was to catch some guy unawares (asleep or something) she cannot force him to have sex with her, he could. Notice I said COULD, as an investigation would obviously be necessary.

And of course the same applies were the roles reversed.

So though she might not have been abused and/or raped the scenario just presents the opportunity, and people like to assume.

Edit: That and it's seen as morally wrong in our society, so even if it was totally legit, it wouldn't fly.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 16:28:07  
Fenrir.Luarania said:
Going off of Jaerik's post if the guy was never convicted of it until this, then people need to stop fighting and look at the facts. Until it's proven he molested whoever it was then it was just plan murder (still is in any case) and dude should have just been given life.
From the article it didn't look like he was even accused really. And it was actually more than simple murder. He kicked and swore at the guy while he was bleeding to death. Pretty sure that counts as torture. He physically stopped the mans wife from trying to get help.

Sadly alot of people in this thread seem to be like this guy. Angry violent and unable to own up to the real reason they are so overboard with there ideas.

There is no way you file torture, murder, castration etc under just protecting someone. Especially protecting from something non-fatal
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 16:31:14  
Pandemonium.Kajidourden said:
Edit: That and it's seen as morally wrong in our society, so even if it was totally legit, it wouldn't fly.
And that is part of the crux of the problem. But if you look at it without getting worked up you see all around the world the age of consent is like 12-16 for the most part. At least in the countries that actually have one. Hell it is 16 in more states then it is 18.

Look back at recent history. People were getting married and having families in there teens. And not that much farther back it wasn't uncommon for the an older established man to seek a young women. It was somewhat necessariy given the life span and wanting to get in enough childbearing years
 Caitsith.Surreal
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Surreal
By Caitsith.Surreal 2010-06-17 16:33:07  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Child molesters aren't people, they are monsters, I show no sympathy for people like that.
Your statement proves you deserve no sympathy and are a bigger monster

Seems like people in this thread are intentionally trying to pick fights with people that don't agree with them.

Edit: My child is a victim of monsters like child molesters, I was told that I shouldn't be fabricating stories and shouldn't play the victim card, I'm cool with Weewoo but this is a example people of what actually happens. Jaerik is right and things like this DO happen without actual proof, I'm sorry to hear that man got killed.

[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 16:35:41  
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Caitsith.Surreal said:
Child molesters aren't people, they are monsters, I show no sympathy for people like that.
Your statement proves you deserve no sympathy and are a bigger monster
Seems like people in this thread are intentionally trying to pick fights with people that don't agree with them.
So says the person who says child molesters aren't people and deserve completely inhuman treatment
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8